My proposed new SX format

deluxeman
3/30/2018 3:15pm
deluxeman wrote:
Why not just add an Alta/Electric open class to the format. Can you imagine the crashes that will happen if you run internal combustion bikes on...
Why not just add an Alta/Electric open class to the format. Can you imagine the crashes that will happen if you run internal combustion bikes on the same track as electric bikes? If you can't hear these guys coming up the inside or jumping beside you, there will be some big wrecks. I don't see that as a viable format.
You might want to ask Ashley Fiolek her opinion on that. She might have to read your lips though.
I'll ask her the next time I see her.
peltier626
3/30/2018 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2018 3:57pm
I am thoroughly enjoying the mxgp's rather than supercross these days. I think their series is slightly better than the nationals and definitely think supercross accounts for too many injuries but i do like the stadium events. Although i think feld has over saturated the market. 12 rounds of supercross is enough and 12 rounds of outdoors then give the riders an offseason.
3/30/2018 4:24pm
Can’t combine 250s. It’ll basically make privateers go extinct and it’ll put a lot of people out of jobs.
3/30/2018 8:12pm
mark_swart wrote:
After watching the triple crown races this year, as far as I'm concerned it really shows how good the old format is. There has to be...
After watching the triple crown races this year, as far as I'm concerned it really shows how good the old format is. There has to be some sort of drama, some anticipation. The qualifying format is good because it builds that drama. For me just watching three motos doesn't keep me as interested, and I'm sure I'd feel the same way about two motos indoors.

I do like the idea of adding in another support class or electrics to fill in some of that time created by taking out the semis.
How does two hours of qualifying build drama? The eight or 10 top guys all make the main race every time. (Well, unless they get injured in a qualifying race, of course, but that's hardly an argument in favor of heat races.) I just fast-forward to the main and watch the important guys go at it. Once. With a "Triple Crown" event, I get to see them go three times.

On the other hand, it's still a bunch of guys bouncing up and down in a stadium. It's gonna suck no matter what.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
3/30/2018 8:18pm
What are we fixing?

Post a reply to: My proposed new SX format

The Latest