Problem with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC..UPDATED 19 Aug

NoMuff2Tuff
8/15/2019 3:13pm
I have to say Rocky Mountain ATV/MC is at the top of the game. I work on other people's bikes at times and over the last 7 or so years I have placed more then 60-70 orders. Some orders may be as many as 20-30 small individual parts for a motor. Of all those orders I only had 1 that wasn't correct, they had left out a couple bolts. just about every order was received within 3 days unless it was being shipped from another warehouse and that usually came within the next day or so. Pretty impressive to say the least!!
O&GDriller
8/16/2019 8:46am
I've been a very frequent Rocky Mountain customer for well over 20 years and have spent many, many thousands of dollars on purchases. I've also been one of their biggest, unpaid or compensated salesmen due to their truly amazing customer service AND lowest pricing across the board.

However, I'm not sure what's happened over the past year, especially the last six months. I used to place orders on a Monday and receive on Thursday. Now they almost religiously arrive on Friday minimizing time I have to get my bike work done prior to riding Saturday. They've also had order issues and VERY late deliveries with no warning or explanation. It's troublesome to see them going "downhill" based on prior experience. Their standards haver dropped and I'm uncertain why.

It will say I'm still a very loyal and frequent customer as they are still an excellent company with superior pricing and excellent customer service. They've compensated me for order issues and made it right but have cost me a weekend riding due to an issue. My only "complaint" is they've been slipping and I'm not sure they're aware of it. It will start to be a real problem for them unless they take steps to address whatever it is that changed in their organization. I wonder if they've grown too fast recently and are experiencing growing pains. It almost seems like their utilization of warehouse(s) outside of Utah might be a contributing factor as well as changing shipping companies or "mixing" a variety of shipping companies. It was much better when they were using UPS as their sole shipper.
O&GDriller
8/16/2019 8:50am
I use Motosport and buy quite a few parts. Very rarely had any issue.
I've cross shopped with Motosport and all the other online retailers and Rocky Mountain nearly always has better delivered pricing than any of the others. I've rarely found an item that has a lower price than RM. This holds true for OEM parts and aftermarket as well as gear.
O&GDriller
8/16/2019 8:59am
seth505 wrote:
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a...
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a video of it not spinning properly. I sent them the video showing the bad throttle tube and another new one that spins perfectly. They contacted the manufacturer right away to confirm it was a defective unit and sent me a new throttle tube. Never asked me to send the bad one back or anything.
Gilby122 wrote:
I ordered a piston that ended up being wrong. They asked for the video. Video was very clear that the crank was hitting and we had...
I ordered a piston that ended up being wrong. They asked for the video. Video was very clear that the crank was hitting and we had to turn it back, but they still said it wasn't the piston. I had to ship it back and pay for a different one and then wait for the credit. Pain in the ass, but I was only out that money (plus shipping) for a few days I suppose. I was just surprised they questioned me on the video!

That said, I still have a dealer setup with them and spend just shy of a billion dollars a year there. Dizzy
So you're saying you spend just shy of a billion dollars a year with RM? If so, me thinks you exaggerate. Do you really believe RM generates a billion dollars of revenue a year for the entire corporation!?!?!? A billion dollars is a lot of money...

The Shop

Gilby122
8/16/2019 10:15am
seth505 wrote:
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a...
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a video of it not spinning properly. I sent them the video showing the bad throttle tube and another new one that spins perfectly. They contacted the manufacturer right away to confirm it was a defective unit and sent me a new throttle tube. Never asked me to send the bad one back or anything.
Gilby122 wrote:
I ordered a piston that ended up being wrong. They asked for the video. Video was very clear that the crank was hitting and we had...
I ordered a piston that ended up being wrong. They asked for the video. Video was very clear that the crank was hitting and we had to turn it back, but they still said it wasn't the piston. I had to ship it back and pay for a different one and then wait for the credit. Pain in the ass, but I was only out that money (plus shipping) for a few days I suppose. I was just surprised they questioned me on the video!

That said, I still have a dealer setup with them and spend just shy of a billion dollars a year there. Dizzy
O&GDriller wrote:
So you're saying you spend just shy of a billion dollars a year with RM? If so, me thinks you exaggerate. Do you really believe RM...
So you're saying you spend just shy of a billion dollars a year with RM? If so, me thinks you exaggerate. Do you really believe RM generates a billion dollars of revenue a year for the entire corporation!?!?!? A billion dollars is a lot of money...
I'm guessing they generate more than a billion because clearly I'm not their only customer.
moto551
8/16/2019 10:20am
I also been having bad luck with them. Shipped wrong parts twice. Then had bad customer service. Never been an issue before.
Wade221
8/19/2019 8:01am
Not sure if this is isolated incident, or if OnTrac has been dropped, but I placed order on Saturday. I got shipping confirmation email this morning. Went to check tracking number. Shipped from Utah, so I assumed OnTrac, but it shipped USPS priority mail. Never received an order from the mail before. It’s either been OnTrac or Fedex depending on which warehouse
Elbows
Fantasy
968th
8/19/2019 8:19am
Payup_199 wrote:
support your local dealerships... case closed.
If people had a quality dealer I’m sure they would support them. I was supposed to order a tube and fix a kids flat tire. I forgot to order it so I decided to go to the closest dealer and pick one up. I took off work a hour early and got there at 4:50. The sign on the door said open till 5. Two guys are standing at the door when I get out. I commented “ are you fixing to close?” The guy responds with “ we’re already closed! Come back tomorrow” I told him I had drove 50 minutes and all I needed was a tube. He responded by telling me “ like I said were closed” thanks pal. Online for me from here on out.
jonboy688
8/19/2019 10:22am
i spend a good chunk with rm every month, just had a issue where a water pump repair kit for a ktm was missing the wheel, it took a few times of thier online chat, but finally got them to send me a wheel... they wanted pictures of the packing and everything else... i told them i put all the bearings in the freezer and didn't know what package went with what... and i offered to pay for a water pump wheel if they would just ship it for free..... they finally decided to send out a replacement wheel.... as much money as i spend with them and no history of returns or anything like this i felt like it was pulling teeth to get what i paid for a $10.00 water pump wheel
Madc32
8/19/2019 12:26pm
CE49 wrote:
Peelout, WRONG! Example, if you order fro anywhere online, let’s say Home Depot, and they send you the wrong item; when you call they say “We...
Peelout,
WRONG! Example, if you order fro anywhere online, let’s say Home Depot, and they send you the wrong item; when you call they say “We are so sorry! We will ship the new item immediately to you. Just do us a favor and return the other one”.

They do not say “yeah, we will send you the right one just as soon as you send us the wrong one back”.
Home Depot's customer service is the fucking worst. You couldn't have picked a worse example.
CE49
8/19/2019 12:33pm
CE49 wrote:
Peelout, WRONG! Example, if you order fro anywhere online, let’s say Home Depot, and they send you the wrong item; when you call they say “We...
Peelout,
WRONG! Example, if you order fro anywhere online, let’s say Home Depot, and they send you the wrong item; when you call they say “We are so sorry! We will ship the new item immediately to you. Just do us a favor and return the other one”.

They do not say “yeah, we will send you the right one just as soon as you send us the wrong one back”.
Madc32 wrote:
Home Depot's customer service is the fucking worst. You couldn't have picked a worse example.
Exactly...and it was still better than Rocky Mountain ‘s. I was shocked.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
8/19/2019 1:14pm
Wade221 wrote:
Not sure if this is isolated incident, or if OnTrac has been dropped, but I placed order on Saturday. I got shipping confirmation email this morning...
Not sure if this is isolated incident, or if OnTrac has been dropped, but I placed order on Saturday. I got shipping confirmation email this morning. Went to check tracking number. Shipped from Utah, so I assumed OnTrac, but it shipped USPS priority mail. Never received an order from the mail before. It’s either been OnTrac or Fedex depending on which warehouse
i have been getting smaller item orders from USPS as well.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/19/2019 4:40pm
Few months ago there was a little fudge up with a rear sproket. Said it would fit, looked correct in the picture and the part number on the sproket was correct but it was certainly wrong. Contacted them, had to send them some pictures and they found out they had mislabeled a bunch. Took a few weeks and the correct one finally showed up.

No big deal, it happens. Rarely
Mr. Afterbar
8/19/2019 5:15pm
Ordered a chain to have for a race this past weekend. Got the chain on Thursday and it was so wide that it hit the case on my ‘16 kx450f. Figured I’d give the primary drive brand a shot since the price is right. Bad idea. So Friday I got to go to the local shop and buy another $100 chain thanks to their mix up.
OldPro277
8/19/2019 5:17pm
Gilby122 wrote:

O&GDriller wrote:
So you're saying you spend just shy of a billion dollars a year with RM? If so, me thinks you exaggerate. Do you really believe RM...
Gilby122 wrote:
I'm guessing they generate more than a billion because clearly I'm not their only customer.
I'm really shocked that RM made a Billion/yr customer make a video to prove the part was wrong. I find that piss poor strategy for customer retention in your case.
STREETS
8/19/2019 5:21pm
My only problems with RMATV has been Ontrac shitting! I mean shipping. Ontrac is a cheap, poorly run company that does not respect it's customers!
RMATV typically sends out my orders same day, unlike bto or motosport, which may be 1 to 3 days after I place an order! I only use another company if RMATV does not have it or another company has something on clearance for cheaper!

Post a reply to: Problem with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC..UPDATED 19 Aug

The Latest