Problem with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC..UPDATED 19 Aug

CE49
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2019 5:21pm
Has anyone else had any issues with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC? In the last month and a half or so they have shipped me the wrong part twice. Each time it was their fault. The website said a part would fit, but it wouldn’t. They have found on both occasions the website information was wrong and not labeled correctly. Everyone makes mistakes and I’m not upset by that. The problem lies in the exchange for the new part. They tell me they will only send out the new part after the old one is received back, unless I pay for the correct part in advance and they will refund my money for the “wrong one” upon receipt. I have used them pretty much exclusively for the last ten years or so. I place around 10 orders a year. I think it might be time to move on. Any suggestions for somewhere with better service?
UPDATE - After A LOT of emails and complaints RMCATVMC contacted me, apologized and tried their best to make it right. I have to respect their efforts. I’m still a customer, but it has not been a good week. Once the upper management found out they took steps to make it right. Thanks everyone for your inputs. Ride on!
|
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1406th
8/14/2019 6:14pm
What’s the bike? My vintage bike, all the catalogs are wrong on the same stuff
8/14/2019 6:21pm
I have done the return then refund before, it is processed quickly.

From a business perspective, if they dont do it they dont have much assurance you will return it after the fact.
Texas Built
8/14/2019 6:25pm
I use Motosport and buy quite a few parts. Very rarely had any issue.
mxtech1
8/14/2019 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 6:30pm
Sucks, but is it really that big of deal?

They screwed up twice, unfortunately, but they are working with you.

The Shop

SoCalMX70
8/14/2019 6:32pm
I just had an issue with a shipping error with them, well more specifically with OnTrac. They said it was delivered, and it was signed by a name I've never seen before. I never received it, asked my neighbors, etc... Nothing turned up.

Rocky Mountain opened a case then closed it a week later telling me it was delivered and signed for, so there's nothing else they can do. Really? I get burned on a relatively cheap ($93) order just like that? It kind of surprised me considering my large order history and previously very positive experiences on a few small issues in the past.

I'm not going to let this one experience turn me away. They know I'm disappointed in the outcome... Anything like this happens again though and I'm gone. There's still other good places to order from, who don't use that sad shitty excuse for a shipping company (OnTrac).

Off the top of my head, BTO and Motosport have provided great service over the years.
CE49
8/14/2019 6:43pm
I spend quite a bit there each year. I could understand it if I had a history of unreliability, but I don’t. The first time it was for my sons 2017 KTM250SXF, the second time it was for my 2018 KTM 350SXF. Your right, it’s not a big deal, other than it has caused me and my son to not be able to go on planned trips twice now.
yz25
8/14/2019 6:46pm
Man. I can’t really say anything negative or a less than stellar performance from RMATV, MotoSport Or BTO. The 3 have pretty much been flawless. Seem to really care about the feedback etc. And if I product you have purchased recently has been discounted, they give you a credit. Pretty much hitting on all cylinders. Sorry if off topic. Sure they will get it handled..
bvm111
8/14/2019 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 7:37pm
Nope ... they ship faster than amazon to me! I ordered a new set of TLD gear yesterday at 1000 while I was in Cali, I just walked in the door here in Vegas and the box was there to greet me. This is the norm not the exception... wont order from anyone else.
8/14/2019 7:39pm
I know this place likes to think Rocky is infallible, but I do have grievances with them from time to time.

Last order i had a mud-guard that was of beyond poor quality and they told me that I had to pay return shipping on an item they sold that was clearly defunct. It ended up costing more to ship it back than it would be to keep it.

Overall a pretty good company, but every once in a while they are a pain in the ass to deal with.
scottt89
8/14/2019 8:14pm
I had the same problem getting the correct front sprocket for a 250r quad. The fitment guide ended up sending me a part for an old 250x 4stroke. Clearly wont fit the shaft. I had to battle for a few weeks to get them to admit the error. Even going so far as to have JT Sprockets personally email them and tell them the part they list for that bike is not correct. On a side not, JT Sprockets was more than helpful and even sent me the correct part for free. Great experience.

I was finally able to convince RMATV to send a tech out to the warehouse with my received part number and another sprocket of a different brand and they immediately saw the difference and apologized for giving me a hassle about it. In the end they didn't even carry the JT Part# I needed for the bike so they just gave me a credit. Other than that, I've had great experiences with them.
Maddeh
Fantasy
345th
8/14/2019 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 9:21pm
Had a very similar problem- ordered a clutch master cylinder rebuild kit that they said would fit but it was for a different type (I have magura, they sent a brembo kit). I provided them all the proof in the world that it wouldn't work, and it took them weeks to finally agree that the website was wrong before they would even give me an RMA to return a $25 item. I have spent nearly $30K in my lifetime at RMATV. This definitely made me feel like a number and not a valued customer, definitely a change from the way I have been treated by them in the past.
WFO72
8/15/2019 1:03am
No complaints here. Had an issue with one part not being in the box when it arrived in a large order and they made it right. I did have to place a second call after they did not follow up with my first call but they shipped the missing part in question fast.

They've even got back ordered OEM parts for my Evo bikes to me in a timely manner. So I'll l keep spending my cash with them!
sam hain
8/15/2019 5:35am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2019 10:18am
Friend of mine had them mess up his order last week, he ordered full syn oil and a filter for his SV650, they sent him semi-syn which was $10 cheaper but still charged him for the full syn. He called and they offered a gift card for the $10. I've spend around $3000 with them just this year already and they haven't messed up any of my orders.
Payup_199
8/15/2019 6:52am
support your local dealerships... case closed.
Stuntman949
8/15/2019 6:59am
Payup_199 wrote:
My local dealer has burned me so many times, I've come to the conclusion it must be a money laundering scheme. Only logical explanation
Payup_199
8/15/2019 7:06am
Payup_199 wrote:
My local dealer has burned me so many times, I've come to the conclusion it must be a money laundering scheme. Only logical explanation
Haha, ok ok I guess you are right for certain dealers. It was just more on the lines of support local than corporate.
Stuntman949
8/15/2019 7:13am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2019 7:15am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I just had an issue with a shipping error with them, well more specifically with OnTrac. They said it was delivered, and it was signed by...
I just had an issue with a shipping error with them, well more specifically with OnTrac. They said it was delivered, and it was signed by a name I've never seen before. I never received it, asked my neighbors, etc... Nothing turned up.

Rocky Mountain opened a case then closed it a week later telling me it was delivered and signed for, so there's nothing else they can do. Really? I get burned on a relatively cheap ($93) order just like that? It kind of surprised me considering my large order history and previously very positive experiences on a few small issues in the past.

I'm not going to let this one experience turn me away. They know I'm disappointed in the outcome... Anything like this happens again though and I'm gone. There's still other good places to order from, who don't use that sad shitty excuse for a shipping company (OnTrac).

Off the top of my head, BTO and Motosport have provided great service over the years.

I'm pretty sure we lost a customer for life over this. That was our last straw with ol' OnTrac
dmoore611
8/15/2019 7:17am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I just had an issue with a shipping error with them, well more specifically with OnTrac. They said it was delivered, and it was signed by...

OnTrac is a hot mess. One of my last orders from Motorsport was shipped via OnTrac and it never showed up so I called OnTrac and they told me it had been picked up and was on its way. Based on my personal history with MS I called them directly because it seemed fishy. Turns out OnTrac had picked up my package from MS and proceeded to lose it along the way. Everything was remedied but I was informed that you can request UPS or FedEx with some online retailers.

Long story short - OnTrac could be compounding your issues.
peelout
8/15/2019 8:02am
CE49 wrote:
Has anyone else had any issues with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC? In the last month and a half or so they have shipped me the wrong part...
Has anyone else had any issues with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC? In the last month and a half or so they have shipped me the wrong part twice. Each time it was their fault. The website said a part would fit, but it wouldn’t. They have found on both occasions the website information was wrong and not labeled correctly. Everyone makes mistakes and I’m not upset by that. The problem lies in the exchange for the new part. They tell me they will only send out the new part after the old one is received back, unless I pay for the correct part in advance and they will refund my money for the “wrong one” upon receipt. I have used them pretty much exclusively for the last ten years or so. I place around 10 orders a year. I think it might be time to move on. Any suggestions for somewhere with better service?
UPDATE - After A LOT of emails and complaints RMCATVMC contacted me, apologized and tried their best to make it right. I have to respect their efforts. I’m still a customer, but it has not been a good week. Once the upper management found out they took steps to make it right. Thanks everyone for your inputs. Ride on!
They tell me they will only send out the new part after the old one is received back, unless I pay for the correct part in advance and they will refund my money for the “wrong one” upon receipt.

that's pretty much SOP, bro
CE49
8/15/2019 8:43am
CE49 wrote:
Has anyone else had any issues with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC? In the last month and a half or so they have shipped me the wrong part...
peelout wrote:
[quote]They tell me they will only send out the new part after the old one is received back, unless I pay for the correct part in...
They tell me they will only send out the new part after the old one is received back, unless I pay for the correct part in advance and they will refund my money for the “wrong one” upon receipt.

that's pretty much SOP, bro
Peelout,
WRONG! Example, if you order fro anywhere online, let’s say Home Depot, and they send you the wrong item; when you call they say “We are so sorry! We will ship the new item immediately to you. Just do us a favor and return the other one”.

They do not say “yeah, we will send you the right one just as soon as you send us the wrong one back”.
Titan1
8/15/2019 9:26am
Payup_199 wrote:
Since the Rocky Mountain Corporate office and warehouse is 30 minutes from my house...They are my local dealership. LOL

Otherwise, dealerships are worthless! We've debated this a thousand times on this message board...but more expensive, slower, don't deliver to my door. Why on earth would anyone support such an outdated business model?
8/15/2019 9:29am
I use Motosport and buy quite a few parts. Very rarely had any issue.
Only issues is that it takes a week and a half to get your “2 day shipping” items.
8/15/2019 9:43am
Over the last 5 years i've only had about 2 cases where they sent the wrong part or the part didn't fit as advertised. Both cases RMATVMC handled the situation professionally and we got it sorted out.

We all make mistakes. People in a warehouse are filling your orders. Shit happens. I still think they are the best out there and i continue ordering from them.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/15/2019 9:48am
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a video of it not spinning properly. I sent them the video showing the bad throttle tube and another new one that spins perfectly. They contacted the manufacturer right away to confirm it was a defective unit and sent me a new throttle tube. Never asked me to send the bad one back or anything.
Markopolo400
8/15/2019 9:55am
seth505 wrote:
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a...
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a video of it not spinning properly. I sent them the video showing the bad throttle tube and another new one that spins perfectly. They contacted the manufacturer right away to confirm it was a defective unit and sent me a new throttle tube. Never asked me to send the bad one back or anything.
I'm currently in the same boat with them, Motion Pro fork cap/inner cartridge tool is listed as fitting 19 KX450, but doesn't work with the new fork.

We'll see how this goes.
Gilby122
8/15/2019 10:13am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2019 10:15am
seth505 wrote:
Just more honest feedback here in regards to RM. I had a defective throttle tube in my last order and they asked me to take a...
I ordered a piston that ended up being wrong. They asked for the video. Video was very clear that the crank was hitting and we had to turn it back, but they still said it wasn't the piston. I had to ship it back and pay for a different one and then wait for the credit. Pain in the ass, but I was only out that money (plus shipping) for a few days I suppose. I was just surprised they questioned me on the video!

That said, I still have a dealer setup with them and spend just shy of a billion dollars a year there. Dizzy
8/15/2019 10:14am
To the one guy that didn't get his package delivered but on track said it was.

Does on track use contract drivers? Like Amazon does. I had this happen to me like a year ago had it on security camera footage i turned into the cops who told me wasn't much they could do.

I read an article in the Seattle times recently that a couple of contracted Amazon delivery drivers. Where caught working with a follower vehicle that would steal the package shortly after they delivered it.

They were using rental vehicles from like uhaul and such. Because they won't release the renter's info to the police without a court order.

They were caught taking the packages to a couple of pawn shops who would then resale stolen items back on Amazon's website. They had multiple user accounts to help hide their identity. They were caught with millions of merchandise all sorts of random things.

I wonder if this maybe happened to you.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/15/2019 10:15am
seth505 wrote:
I'm currently in the same boat with them, Motion Pro fork cap/inner cartridge tool is listed as fitting 19 KX450, but doesn't work with the new...
I'm currently in the same boat with them, Motion Pro fork cap/inner cartridge tool is listed as fitting 19 KX450, but doesn't work with the new fork.

We'll see how this goes.
Funny, my issue was with a Motion Pro throttle. Never had an issue with any MP product til this but like I said they took care of it right away. Good luck!
Alex.434
8/15/2019 11:45am
I recently got done working through an issue with RMATV/MC which was delivery related. I live in a very rural area (though this is the first missing package issue we've had) and a part never showed up. Tracking said it was delivered, it wasn't. So RMATV/MC contacted the carrier and put in a reimbursement claim, and sent me a new part.

Took a bit to work thru all the avenues... but got my part.

Thanks RMATV/MC

Post a reply to: Problem with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC..UPDATED 19 Aug

The Latest