Probably going to speak with my wallet, but I need input

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2019 9:00 AM

I got a chance to buy a piece of Moto awesomeness. Tommorow I am going to go look at a 92 CR 500 in great shape(so I'm told, anyway). I am told that all that is needed is a top end rebuild. I know the guy and I trust him, and he runs a small repair shop and his guy checked it out. What is this bike worth? I know this is a hard to find bike, so I don't want to pass up on it.

|

1/16/2019 9:06 AM

What's it worth?

They get listed for $2,500 - $3,500 up this way. Maybe more if in really good condition.

|

1/16/2019 9:10 AM

alexk417 wrote:

What's it worth?

They get listed for $2,500 - $3,500 up this way. Maybe more if in really good condition.

The guys is saying it's immaculate. Stock grips with no wear immaculate. Not sure how the top end went, but I'll check it tomorrow.

|

1/16/2019 9:16 AM

alexk417 wrote:

What's it worth?

They get listed for $2,500 - $3,500 up this way. Maybe more if in really good condition.

defeatist45 wrote:

The guys is saying it's immaculate. Stock grips with no wear immaculate. Not sure how the top end went, but I'll check it tomorrow.

Top end should last 100s of hrs... My guess is dirt past the filter to make it worn before the stock grips... and then likely needs bottom end bearings and a cylinder.

|

1/16/2019 9:29 AM

If that bike needs a top end its far from immaculant. Those last forever usually.

|

1/16/2019 9:51 AM

Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow

|

1/16/2019 12:19 PM

ob wrote:

If that bike needs a top end its far from immaculant. Those last forever usually.

Exactly

Blown top end on a really clean bike that may need a bottom-end?

$1,500 tops

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/16/2019 12:22 PM

If you buy it and it needs a rebuild, do yourself a favour and the bike as well, get a comp release head made to save the cases. Pix if you buy it.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.