Pro Motocross Confirms Nine Round Schedule for 2020 Season

7/17/2020 5:30am
This is gonna be tough championship to win.. one bad moto and you could be out of the hunt quickly..
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
658th
7/17/2020 7:49am
I didnt see anything about TV coverage. Any idea if it will be aired live, or delayed, or at all?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/17/2020 8:06am
str8line wrote:
So if teams are based in Cali they have to drive to Tennessee then back and up to the Northwest for Washougal then back to Indiana...
So if teams are based in Cali they have to drive to Tennessee then back and up to the Northwest for Washougal then back to Indiana. All in a tight timeline. Road warriors.
Two drivers and loose leaf log books. Whistling
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
7/17/2020 1:17pm
Calling Mike Brown, line it up against full timers, not dads with day jobs!

The Shop

aeffertz
7/17/2020 2:24pm
Hoseclamp wrote:
I didnt see anything about TV coverage. Any idea if it will be aired live, or delayed, or at all?
All motos will be live via the NBC Gold subscription. I don’t know the regular NBC/MAV TV schedule yet.
TeamFlannel
7/17/2020 4:21pm
str8line wrote:
So if teams are based in Cali they have to drive to Tennessee then back and up to the Northwest for Washougal then back to Indiana...
So if teams are based in Cali they have to drive to Tennessee then back and up to the Northwest for Washougal then back to Indiana. All in a tight timeline. Road warriors.
kkawboy14 wrote:
They don’t have anything else to do!
Except pimp their bodies for gas money.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
7/17/2020 4:28pm
FuzzyLogic wrote:
It hasnt happened yet, but GREAT JOB to Davey and all of MX Sports for getting this together. There are a LOT of other sports that...
It hasnt happened yet, but GREAT JOB to Davey and all of MX Sports for getting this together. There are a LOT of other sports that have not been able to get their act together.
*Bump*

Great job DC!
7/17/2020 7:29pm
ti473 wrote:
Will the fans have enough time to recover for Red Bud 2??
mxb2 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/16/438157/s1200_FB_IMG_1594934315434.jpg[/img]

I see the Vet Fest August 21,22 is on also. That is a huge vet race, classes 18-60 yrs old. Thx Red Bud and Racer X for sponsoring the event.
7/17/2020 8:12pm
I would be interested in hearing the process involved getting a series like this organized during this insanity. Some crazy organization jujitsu.
wwoberg
7/18/2020 5:25am
Will spectators be allowed at LL?
moto348
7/21/2020 9:06am
Any word on spectators/camping at Millville?
DC
7/21/2020 10:50am
moto348 wrote:
Any word on spectators/camping at Millville?
Millville looks like it will be open to both spectators and camping.

DC
Racer X
DC
7/21/2020 10:55am
wwoberg wrote:
Looks like right now we will have 50% capacity for spectators for the Loretta Lynn's Pro National.

DC
Racer X
500guy
7/21/2020 11:22am
wwoberg wrote:
DC wrote:
Looks like right now we will have 50% capacity for spectators for the Loretta Lynn's Pro National.

DC
Racer X
Will there be any TV besides the Gold Ap ? I have the Gold AP just curious

Good luck to you guy's !
DC
7/21/2020 11:28am
wwoberg wrote:
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
500guy wrote:
Will there be any TV besides the Gold Ap ? I have the Gold AP just curious

Good luck to you guy's !
Hi Jay, yes, every moto will be on television, either NBC (opener), NBC Sports or first motos on MAV-TV, and every moto will be on NBC Gold. NBC has been a great partner through this, not only with us but only Supercross. A lot of sports are coming back online and they are fighting for great moto slots.

DC
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
7/21/2020 11:33am
DC,

I hate to be that guy, but what happens if you get 1 or 2 rounds in and then states are shutting down and the series can not continue? Is there a plan for that, and if so what does that look like?

I wish you the best, but I don't expect that we will see a single gate drop this Summer, with the "spike" in cases.
DC
7/21/2020 11:41am
mx 219 wrote:
DC, I hate to be that guy, but what happens if you get 1 or 2 rounds in and then states are shutting down and the...
DC,

I hate to be that guy, but what happens if you get 1 or 2 rounds in and then states are shutting down and the series can not continue? Is there a plan for that, and if so what does that look like?

I wish you the best, but I don't expect that we will see a single gate drop this Summer, with the "spike" in cases.
We will just have to cross that bridge when we hopefully don't get to it. All we can do is try to put on the best and safest series we can, and hope the general health crisis gets better. We can't really plan for the unknown, like what each specific state involved in the series may do in five or six weeks if there is some major event or concern with the virus. We're in the same boat as Supercross was, and soon baseball, basketball and football will be in.

Please wear a mask when you can't social distance.

DC
Racer X
MasonMan
7/21/2020 11:51am
All these Governors gonna piss themselves when the find out the antidote for Covid is 2-stroke/4-stroke Fumes.
7/21/2020 12:24pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Select events will feature limited spectator capacity, while others will be conducted exclusively for participants, professional and amateur, with attendance limited to crew members and family...
Select events will feature limited spectator capacity, while others will be conducted exclusively for participants, professional and amateur, with attendance limited to crew members and family. All events will feature an amateur racing component, both before and after the professional race day. Ticketing and amateur race program information will be posted Monday, July 20, on the event websites.
RonSkj wrote:
So if I go as an amatuer racer, I can spectate the pro races, even if I accidentally forget my bike and don't make it to...
So if I go as an amatuer racer, I can spectate the pro races, even if I accidentally forget my bike and don't make it to the line?
That’s what I’m thinking
7/21/2020 12:27pm
Also camping just south of Interstate 40 on the buffalo river . Bout 15 min away from track !
500guy
7/21/2020 12:45pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Select events will feature limited spectator capacity, while others will be conducted exclusively for participants, professional and amateur, with attendance limited to crew members and family...
Select events will feature limited spectator capacity, while others will be conducted exclusively for participants, professional and amateur, with attendance limited to crew members and family. All events will feature an amateur racing component, both before and after the professional race day. Ticketing and amateur race program information will be posted Monday, July 20, on the event websites.
RonSkj wrote:
So if I go as an amatuer racer, I can spectate the pro races, even if I accidentally forget my bike and don't make it to...
So if I go as an amatuer racer, I can spectate the pro races, even if I accidentally forget my bike and don't make it to the line?
That’s what I’m thinking
I'm thinking We need to make Card Board Cut outs of Bikes available for Rent. LOL

DNS, bike wouldn't run.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/21/2020 1:19pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Capacity is 80,000? Wink
Bramlett321
7/22/2020 9:41am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
GuyB wrote:
Capacity is 80,000? Wink
That was my question....we're planning on driving from East Texas to Loretta's but I'd hate to drive the 6 hours and then get locked out!!
JeepnMike
7/22/2020 10:41am
With how late the MX schedule is going into the year, I assume this means no MEC or RBSR in 2020?
JeepnMike
7/22/2020 10:48am
crusher773 wrote:
I'm shocked they are going to Washington that state seems like a real cluster right now.
That one shocked me as well. Washougal is in a pretty isolated part of the state, the restrictions are a little lighter. With no fan participation I am sure helped, and the Huffmans are a fantastic family no doubt doing everything they can to make it happen, even without fans.

And WA, is beyond a cluster right now. If I was not chained to my job, I would be taking my family out of this cuckoo's nest in a heartbeat (Idaho or even better, SD). I don't know what happened, but everyone here is out of their minds (almost feels suddenly).
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/22/2020 10:51am
JeepnMike wrote:
With how late the MX schedule is going into the year, I assume this means no MEC or RBSR in 2020?
Honestly, I'm happy we have any events at all. I'm glad I'm not out there trying to cover live concert acts. That industry is in a world of hurt.
JeepnMike
7/22/2020 10:58am
JeepnMike wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Honestly, I'm happy we have any events at all. I'm glad I'm not out there trying to cover live concert acts. That industry is in a...
Honestly, I'm happy we have any events at all. I'm glad I'm not out there trying to cover live concert acts. That industry is in a world of hurt.
I agree, anything is fantastic. Riders, teams, sponsors, so much to keep afloat with so many moving targets. DC is going to be bald by the end of the year. Hopefully all folks (teams, riders, etc.) are able to financially survive into 2021.

I was hoping there was still a chance of at least the MEC. Title sponsor, hoping other things would come into play to somehow make it happen. Looking at the calendar, I know it is a stretch.
YZ-MTB
7/22/2020 11:39am
JeepnMike wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Honestly, I'm happy we have any events at all. I'm glad I'm not out there trying to cover live concert acts. That industry is in a...
JeepnMike wrote:
I agree, anything is fantastic. Riders, teams, sponsors, so much to keep afloat with so many moving targets. DC is going to be bald by the...
I agree, anything is fantastic. Riders, teams, sponsors, so much to keep afloat with so many moving targets. DC is going to be bald by the end of the year. Hopefully all folks (teams, riders, etc.) are able to financially survive into 2021.

I was hoping there was still a chance of at least the MEC. Title sponsor, hoping other things would come into play to somehow make it happen. Looking at the calendar, I know it is a stretch.
With a shortened off season and uncertainty for traveling overseas to the usual off season SX races due to Covid travel restrictions, there could still be a fair number of riders interested in getting an SX gate drop.

This years location means minimal travel required for southern California based riders and teams. I think the new location is the stadium that the LA galaxy plays in. I think MLS is finishing out their 2020 season in Florida right now, so likely no stadium conflicts to work around.

So, probably getting the approval to hold the event with fans, or making it financial viable without are probably the biggest hurdles.

Post a reply to: Pro Motocross Confirms Nine Round Schedule for 2020 Season

The Latest