Pro Circuit Ti-6 Sytem for CRF 250 '18....HEAVY !!

Mx286
3/4/2018 5:17am
yz133rider wrote:
Not but lbs add up. Take away 25lbs im sure youll feel that. Same as hp. Tell me the exhaust people pay $900 for and adds...
Not but lbs add up. Take away 25lbs im sure youll feel that. Same as hp. Tell me the exhaust people pay $900 for and adds .25hp does that make any difference?

Insane in here sometimes.
Nope that exhaust isn’t going to make that big of a difference, but spread the power around where the person might want it.

I agree saving weight is good. We’re talking just a couple lbs on a exhaust not 25. Back to my original post, what’s the point in spending big $$ to try and get to that 25 lbs you’re talking about for a average guy? If you got big pockets sure go ahead. But average lap times during a moto it’s not going to make a difference.
luckynino
3/4/2018 9:32am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:52am
JMX82 wrote:
If weight doesn't matter why do factory teams invest thousands of dollars on titanium and carbon fiber parts to make bikes lighter? Some guys here definitely...
If weight doesn't matter why do factory teams invest thousands of dollars on titanium and carbon fiber parts to make bikes lighter? Some guys here definitely need to take some basic physics lessons...
TeamGreen wrote:
The Factory Teams spend all that money on Carbonfiber and Titanium because my daughter has dance lessons 4-5 days a week and her mom likes nice...
The Factory Teams spend all that money on Carbonfiber and Titanium because my daughter has dance lessons 4-5 days a week and her mom likes nice things...or is there some other reason?

Btw, is it just me or did someone suggest risking FLAT TIRES WHILE RACING in the quest for less weight?

I totally “get” and support the idea of a lighter-better race bike; but, creating a thread just to bemoan a RACE TUNING ITEM that can actually meet AMA/FIM SOUND RULES...well, whinnng about it because it weighs more...
And has more muffler componentry to MEET SOUNDS REQUIREMENTS...
Well, maybe it’s just me...but...dude? (The OP, not the guy I’m quoting and TOTALLY AGREE WITH!...I’m jus’ tagging on)
You get The Internet Fail Award for the Week Ending March 4th, 2018.
After a million of replies you still didn't get the point:
my friend spent a lot of money in a titanium exhaust hoping it would not only improve HP BUT at the same time help to drop some excess weight off the 2018 CRF 250.

This post is about letting people know the exact weight of this very expensive exhaust. So those looking for not only some HP gains but also some weight loss....they can think about it twice.

That's it.

While talking about saving weight i mentioned that i managed to save 8,5 kilos / 18,5 lbs on my 125cc which is huge. I don't have any more flats ( again-i'm riding a ultralight 125cc). But you sure don't have to replicate it at all. I just gave the pointer. Some of you guys seem to be happy in a bike that "feels" light riding it. The same guys maybe are happy when a exhaust makes some noise as it makes your bike "feel" more powerful... Wink
.kyle
3/4/2018 9:45am
Luckynino, I'm one of those in the appreciative camp who like to know the weights of things. Keep up the good work!
mxb2
3/4/2018 10:08am
Let grown men spend their $$. The way they want.

The Shop

Bruce372
3/4/2018 10:32am
If you are spending $1300 on a full race exhaust system, I don't think it's big ask to want it to be significantly lighter than stock while providing extra power.

yz133rider
3/4/2018 10:35am
Bruce372 wrote:
If you are spending $1300 on a full race exhaust system, I don't think it's big ask to want it to be significantly lighter than stock...
If you are spending $1300 on a full race exhaust system, I don't think it's big ask to want it to be significantly lighter than stock while providing extra power.

Or at the very least exact weight savings stated up front.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 10:36am
Bruce372 wrote:
If you are spending $1300 on a full race exhaust system, I don't think it's big ask to want it to be significantly lighter than stock...

yz133rider wrote:
Or at the very least exact weight savings stated up front.
"Lighter and more powerful than stock" doesnt cut it when spending that much money or any money for that matter. How much lighter, how much more powerful. I get dyno readings vary from day to say, but percentages are still the same. And weight is easy enough to list for them...

TeamGreen
3/4/2018 10:53am
JMX82 wrote:
If weight doesn't matter why do factory teams invest thousands of dollars on titanium and carbon fiber parts to make bikes lighter? Some guys here definitely...
If weight doesn't matter why do factory teams invest thousands of dollars on titanium and carbon fiber parts to make bikes lighter? Some guys here definitely need to take some basic physics lessons...
TeamGreen wrote:
The Factory Teams spend all that money on Carbonfiber and Titanium because my daughter has dance lessons 4-5 days a week and her mom likes nice...
The Factory Teams spend all that money on Carbonfiber and Titanium because my daughter has dance lessons 4-5 days a week and her mom likes nice things...or is there some other reason?

Btw, is it just me or did someone suggest risking FLAT TIRES WHILE RACING in the quest for less weight?

I totally “get” and support the idea of a lighter-better race bike; but, creating a thread just to bemoan a RACE TUNING ITEM that can actually meet AMA/FIM SOUND RULES...well, whinnng about it because it weighs more...
And has more muffler componentry to MEET SOUNDS REQUIREMENTS...
Well, maybe it’s just me...but...dude? (The OP, not the guy I’m quoting and TOTALLY AGREE WITH!...I’m jus’ tagging on)
You get The Internet Fail Award for the Week Ending March 4th, 2018.
luckynino wrote:
After a million of replies you still didn't get the point: my friend spent a lot of money in a titanium exhaust hoping it would not...
my friend spent a lot of money in a titanium exhaust hoping it would not only improve HP BUT at the same time help to drop some excess weight off the 2018 CRF 250.

This post is about letting people know the exact weight of this very expensive exhaust. So those looking for not only some HP gains but also some weight loss....they can think about it twice.

That's it.

While talking about saving weight i mentioned that i managed to save 8,5 kilos / 18,5 lbs on my 125cc which is huge. I don't have any more flats ( again-i'm riding a ultralight 125cc). But you sure don't have to replicate it at all. I just gave the pointer. Some of you guys seem to be happy in a bike that "feels" light riding it. The same guys maybe are happy when a exhaust makes some noise as it makes your bike "feel" more powerful... Wink
Put the STOCK SYSTEM BACK TOGETHER AND WEIGH IT.

The PC systems IS lighter.
The PC system DOES meet AMA/FIM requirements.
The PC system IS simple to repack.
The PC system DOES MAKE MORE POWER.

So, contrary to your continual MIS-USE of the FACTS...

Compared to UNMOLESTED and still complete w/ALL THE PACKING LOUD-ASSED POS Stock Honda Non-Sound Requirement Spec pipes...

The
PC
System
IS
Now...pay attention here...

LIGHTER!

I’m jus’ sayin’...
Laughing
kburgie
3/4/2018 11:03am
Unless you’re already very, very fit, it has always seemed to me that rider weight would be easier and cheaper to drop significantly than bike weight. These systems are so expensive and shave off less weight than a pre-race poo.
Bruce372
3/4/2018 11:10am
kburgie wrote:
Unless you’re already very, very fit, it has always seemed to me that rider weight would be easier and cheaper to drop significantly than bike weight...
Unless you’re already very, very fit, it has always seemed to me that rider weight would be easier and cheaper to drop significantly than bike weight. These systems are so expensive and shave off less weight than a pre-race poo.
I needed a FMF slip on for my rmz450 because of the spark arrestor. The alum with the carbon tip was 3lbs lighter.

I did a whole system on my husky for the same reason, plus, the stock header is a pain to remove. Again, it was 3lbs lighter than stock.
MiTB
3/4/2018 11:10am
just ordered two fatbike tubes Smile do you have any other tips like this to save weight ?
TeamGreen
3/4/2018 11:11am
kburgie wrote:
Unless you’re already very, very fit, it has always seemed to me that rider weight would be easier and cheaper to drop significantly than bike weight...
Bruce372 wrote:
I needed a FMF slip on for my rmz450 because of the spark arrestor. The alum with the carbon tip was 3lbs lighter. I did a...
I needed a FMF slip on for my rmz450 because of the spark arrestor. The alum with the carbon tip was 3lbs lighter.

I did a whole system on my husky for the same reason, plus, the stock header is a pain to remove. Again, it was 3lbs lighter than stock.
Hey!

That doesn’t fit the whinny-assed narrative!
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
3/4/2018 11:13am
This guys problem is he bought the wrong system. He has the Ti 6 PRO, he should have bought the non-pro. It has shorter mufflers and...
This guys problem is he bought the wrong system. He has the Ti 6 PRO, he should have bought the non-pro. It has shorter mufflers and less weight
luckynino wrote:
There is just one system available for the '18 model
I just looked on the Pro Circuit website as well as Rocky Mountain and they both show the Ti 6 Pro as well as the regular Ti 6 for the 2018 CRF250R.

The PC site even says this in bold red letters: "Note: The Ti-6 Pro Exhaust System is only needed if rider is required to pass AMA/FIM sound regulations."
mxb2
3/4/2018 11:24am
kburgie wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
I needed a FMF slip on for my rmz450 because of the spark arrestor. The alum with the carbon tip was 3lbs lighter. I did a...

Come on man, quit spending your $$. The way you want. Lol. I like when riders build bikes and ride them. Thank god some people support the after market companies. Or they would be outa business.
3/4/2018 11:53am
fpandjic wrote:
I'll give it a try with Maxxis Fatbike inner tube. I can use Maxxis Fat Bike inner tube 26x3.8/8.0 for both front and rear?
luckynino wrote:
Yes - same size front & rear I use talkum powder (Babypowder) when installing tubes as this helps a lot to avoid pinching the tube. It...
Yes - same size front & rear

I use talkum powder (Babypowder) when installing tubes as this helps a lot to avoid pinching the tube. It allows the rubber tube to move inside the tire instead of sticking to the sidewalls. We all know that tubes can just stick to the inside of a tire...this is prevented when using babypowder.

I can vouche for that! Greatly reduces wear inside the tyre. No more rubber marbles in the tyre and longer lasting tubes.
I ordered a set too by the way..
Motofinne
3/4/2018 12:10pm
Funny stuff. It's the same people that lurks around on this forum with the same insane imagination that weight doesn't matter.
Forty
3/4/2018 12:23pm
Aftermarket 4 stroke exhaust...IMO maybe the worst $1000.00 spent on a bike for the average rider.

luckynino
3/4/2018 12:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Put the STOCK SYSTEM BACK TOGETHER AND WEIGH IT. The PC systems IS lighter. The PC system DOES meet AMA/FIM requirements. The PC system IS simple...

Compared to UNMOLESTED and still complete w/ALL THE PACKING LOUD-ASSED POS Stock Honda Non-Sound Requirement Spec pipes...

The
PC
System
IS

LIGHTER!

I’m jus’ sayin’...
Laughing
Ok - PC system is a little lighter Wink
Again - people interested in weight savings get their info which for you doesn't seem of any relevance.

You would expect A LOT more savings since we are talking about two complete exhausts here! Usually single Ti-exhausts save anywhere from 2-3 lbs. So you would expect at least 4 lbs savings here. We are talking about a 1300$ Ti exhaust, not just some basic slip-ons.

Then you put a statment that the PC has more power...well - any proof?

Anyway - you sound as a PC salesman here trying to defend your product.

But then you forgot:
it has carbon endcaps
it has a PC sticker on the muffler which looks so cool
it costs a lot so it must be that good
Bruce372
3/4/2018 12:38pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Put the STOCK SYSTEM BACK TOGETHER AND WEIGH IT. The PC systems IS lighter. The PC system DOES meet AMA/FIM requirements. The PC system IS simple...

The
PC
System
IS

LIGHTER!

I’m jus’ sayin’...
Laughing
luckynino wrote:
Ok - PC system is a little lighter ;) Again - people interested in weight savings get their info which for you doesn't seem of any...
Again - people interested in weight savings get their info which for you doesn't seem of any relevance.

You would expect A LOT more savings since we are talking about two complete exhausts here! Usually single Ti-exhausts save anywhere from 2-3 lbs. So you would expect at least 4 lbs savings here. We are talking about a 1300$ Ti exhaust, not just some basic slip-ons.

But then you forgot:
it has carbon endcaps
You aren't paying for the bling, you are paying to break the laws of physics lol Laughing
3/4/2018 12:44pm
by the time you buy new bike, dual exhausts and serving your prob about equal to buying an alta?
TeamGreen
3/4/2018 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 1:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:

The
PC
System
IS

LIGHTER!

I’m jus’ sayin’...
Laughing
luckynino wrote:
Ok - PC system is a little lighter ;) Again - people interested in weight savings get their info which for you doesn't seem of any...

But then you forgot:
it has carbon endcaps
Hey, science buff, some of us have been making composite and titanium alloy goodies long before you could buy it. Some of us get an absolute kick out of the CONTINUOUS DRIVEL, WHINNING AND UNINFORMED BITCHING that goes on amongst you genius inter-webs F1 engineers. Some of us actually make he things that make the factory bikes as light as they can be...

As to WHO/WHOM is ignoring what? There’s a very simple and honest phrase: Apples to Apples. Look into it. Again, there are sound requirements THAT THE PC SYSTEM WAS BUILT TO! Hence, the added HARDWARE AND COMPONENTS AND TUNABILTY TO THOSE Ti-6 Silencers.

Thus, you get an “Epic Fail on the Web” Award.

Bye the way, let me know when you’re serious about making things lighter.

In the real world, these teams add all sorts of stuff...
And still get the bikes down to minimums.
Note: the stock bikes are extremely “minimalist” compared to an actual race bike...aka, less stuff weighs less.

Example: how many ADDITONAL parts in these poctures?

Answers:

They add...
Oversized Brakes including billet brackets, calipers...etc. (almost always heavier)
Glide plate
Transponder & bracket
Various Protective items like the guards on the master cylinders
Additional Electronics for data collection, mapping, tracking...etc.
Mufflers with tunable/adjustable features for tuning (additional hardware)
Graphics kit stuff all over the bike
Often bigger radiators
Seat covers with additional material
Some of those cool guy engine internals actually weigh MORE
Etc., etc., etc. ...

I don’t know much about this stuff; but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Oh, and while we’re here...
Some of those team mechanics REALLY work their asses off...including total tear-down and rebuild on Sunday...

H4L
3/4/2018 2:23pm
Pnwride wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/04/247379/s1200_E8466015_5FFF_4808_9B79_BE0B8DC7AFE4.jpg[/img]

Nino - If your friend was trying to save weight why not go with the Yosh system ? It appears to be 3.3 lbs. lighter & believe it would have the performance over the oem unit as well. I would also venture & say that Yoshimura would have an advantage over the other aftermarket exhaust companies since they work with HRC Honda. Meaning they had a head start developing the exhaust system before the other companies did.
Nothing against PC as I've done business with them since the 80's & can vouch that they have excellent products..
H4L
3/4/2018 2:34pm
kburgie wrote:
Agree. Have owned 6 450's & only purchased an aftermarket exhaust (RS4 Ti/Ti) for 1 of them since I was able to buy it in like new cond. off CL for $250.
Unless your riding at a top competitive level the oem exhaust is more than enough for the vast majority of mere mortals on this forum board. The modern 250 or 450 has more than enough power for the average person.
Motofinne
3/4/2018 2:41pm
I think a lot of people in this thread should go to a place where it is cold and ride 1 hour with studded tires. Then after that change to normal tires and ride 1 hour in a indoor track.
3/4/2018 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 2:56pm
luckynino wrote:
After a million of replies you still didn't get the point: my friend spent a lot of money in a titanium exhaust hoping it would not...

That's it.

Did your friend assume that just because he bought a fancy titanium exhaust that it was somehow going to be magically lighter than the OEM exhaust?

Simply because it was made of titanium? Even though PC makes no claim to the exhaust system's weight any where or makes any claim that it's lighter than anything else other than their own stainless exhaust systems? Your friend just assumed, because it's titanium, he's getting a lighter exhaust?

The stainless PC exhaust is heavier than the titanium equivalent, therefore the titanium exhaust weighs less than the stainless option but is not necessarily lighter than the OEM exhaust. Make sense? PC makes no claims that their exhaust weighs less than OEM. Your friend just assumed this, or "hoped," as you put it. Your friend isn't very sharp.

Great thread though. Very constructive. A titanium muffler may be heavier than OEM. Call me shocked.

yz133rider
3/4/2018 3:03pm
You guys all bashing nino dont know anything about him. Hes a very detailed dude and built some really nice bikes. But keep bashing him it makes you all look great ?

He took like 20lbs off a 125 2 stroke. Theres not much to them to begin with!
mxb2
3/4/2018 3:10pm
yz133rider wrote:
You guys all bashing nino dont know anything about him. Hes a very detailed dude and built some really nice bikes. But keep bashing him it...
You guys all bashing nino dont know anything about him. Hes a very detailed dude and built some really nice bikes. But keep bashing him it makes you all look great ?

Who is he then?
yz133rider
3/4/2018 3:23pm
yz133rider wrote:
You guys all bashing nino dont know anything about him. Hes a very detailed dude and built some really nice bikes. But keep bashing him it...

mxb2 wrote:
Who is he then?
Im not friends with him like personally but have followed his builds and hes very detailed and thorough. On thumpertalk his build is like dozens of pages of replies and great info.

He didn't even really bash the exhaust just expected more than a couple ounces lighter from a $1300 ti exhaust which would seem reasonable to me to expect...
Idp57
Fantasy
2612th
3/4/2018 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 3:56pm
yz133rider wrote:
Im not friends with him like personally but have followed his builds and hes very detailed and thorough. On thumpertalk his build is like dozens of...
Im not friends with him like personally but have followed his builds and hes very detailed and thorough. On thumpertalk his build is like dozens of pages of replies and great info.

He didn't even really bash the exhaust just expected more than a couple ounces lighter from a $1300 ti exhaust which would seem reasonable to me to expect...
Exactly man,but TeamGreen doesn't get it!!!!

Post a reply to: Pro Circuit Ti-6 Sytem for CRF 250 '18....HEAVY !!

The Latest