Privateer bike transport

JGuy787
12/29/2018 9:45pm
Say someone based in central California were to start offering an affordable transport of privateer bikes to all supercross/outdoor races. Would that be a popular option for riders? Instead of breaking down bikes to fit on crates they could be race prepped and transported whole. What do you think a price range would be per bike and race? Would riders pay more for a further trip? Let me know opinions on topic.
|
JG463
12/30/2018 12:16am
It’s been done. Semi successful for a few years. The problem is what the privateers or their sponsors can afford. Call and ask Gus Decker how it worked out. Great guy with a heart of gold with the right intentions.... just too little cash flow.
lumpy790
12/30/2018 5:05am
The Privateer journey has been doing it for quite a few years and from what I hear in 2019 they will be in a 18 wheeler. At one time Ted and Gus were partners and split up so there were 2 of them doing it.

https://tpjracing.com/about/
moto314
12/30/2018 6:53am
Ted and Gus are both awesome people but they do it for the love, I don't think they make much $ doing it. They both used sponsors that they advertise for in the pits to offset the costs also.
JGuy787
12/30/2018 10:34am
I know its been done and is done by different folks every season. Working on the track crew for the 2018 outdoors season was quite a eye opener though as to what a large number of riders are doing to keep making races. TPJ is awesome. I love what they do for the privateers and they are always building to become a bigger race team but there are still a ton of riders doing whatever they can. Even Ping needed his TM125 shipped across country to each round so we built a custom crate to fit the whole bike and hauled it in one of the track crew rigs. A bunch of other riders were taking notice and I feel no matter who is already doing this service there will always be a need for more transport options.

The Shop

12/31/2018 4:57am
We just did another Podcast with Ted Parks about his setup for The Pro Journey, he changed the name last year. He offers two ways. One you are on his race team and you have to run all his sponsors stuff, think you have to be chosen for that. The other you pay a flat rate to have bike at every round. He talks more about it on the podcast.

Check it out here https://motoxpodshow.com/
500guy
12/31/2018 7:46am
JGuy787 wrote:
I know its been done and is done by different folks every season. Working on the track crew for the 2018 outdoors season was quite a...
I know its been done and is done by different folks every season. Working on the track crew for the 2018 outdoors season was quite a eye opener though as to what a large number of riders are doing to keep making races. TPJ is awesome. I love what they do for the privateers and they are always building to become a bigger race team but there are still a ton of riders doing whatever they can. Even Ping needed his TM125 shipped across country to each round so we built a custom crate to fit the whole bike and hauled it in one of the track crew rigs. A bunch of other riders were taking notice and I feel no matter who is already doing this service there will always be a need for more transport options.
I don't think there is any money in it, I'm sure there is a need for it if you are in it to help out and get used.

Post a reply to: Privateer bike transport

The Latest