Prices to ride at local tracks.

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 4:43pm
Ok so the past couple times i have been riding around twice in 3 weeks, I️ have pulled up and the track be completely un-prepped. now mind you I’m paying $30 to ride, and they’re advertising as “track ready to rip” spyder Mx 3 weeks ago and central Florida Mx today. So at central Florida Mx apparently Saturday is “prep day” so shouldn’t they cut $10 off since they’re not even getting on a tractor to do anything, nor watering? Sorry for the rant, just annoying to pay a price of full prep, and only get half of that.
|
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
6/3/2018 4:12pm
Don't give them anymore money.
logan_140
6/3/2018 4:13pm
When i rode at spyder Mx, the track hadn’t been touched since the week before (they had a race). Ruts were all g’d out, all messed up etc. again paid $30 to ride a track that hadn’t been touched with the tractor or water. But they don’t advertise that.
kb228
6/3/2018 4:17pm
Pretty much every track here in ohio is $20 all day for a fully prepped and watered track. A lot of times theyll do an afternoon prep.
plowboy
6/3/2018 4:23pm
Around these parts there is no such thing as track prep for practice. Any maintenance is race day only. I've found that this isn't a bad thing really. If you can master that cobby blown out track....the smooth prepped track is a dream.

The Shop

6/3/2018 4:25pm
20 years ago there was no such thing as prepped and watered practices and everybody did just fine.
logan_140
6/3/2018 4:27pm
20 years ago there was no such thing as prepped and watered practices and everybody did just fine.
I’m fine with no track prep, but they need to advertise that! And it should be less then $30 imo of the track isn’t worked
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/3/2018 4:58pm
Think of that extra $10 discount you seek as the track helping you becoming a better rider.

Sounds like your talking about two trips, did you ask them for a discount since it wasn't prepped and they declined? I do understand your frustration of wanting what you pay for and expect as advertised and all. Sometimes weather, broken tractor, water truck etc.. it does happen.
downard254
6/3/2018 5:06pm
I always liked the beat up un prepped track. It used to make me get creative on line choices while riding. Good experience.
Texas Built
6/3/2018 5:24pm
logan_140 wrote:
Ok so the past couple times i have been riding around twice in 3 weeks, I️ have pulled up and the track be completely un-prepped. now...
Ok so the past couple times i have been riding around twice in 3 weeks, I️ have pulled up and the track be completely un-prepped. now mind you I’m paying $30 to ride, and they’re advertising as “track ready to rip” spyder Mx 3 weeks ago and central Florida Mx today. So at central Florida Mx apparently Saturday is “prep day” so shouldn’t they cut $10 off since they’re not even getting on a tractor to do anything, nor watering? Sorry for the rant, just annoying to pay a price of full prep, and only get half of that.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/3/2018 5:25pm
As long as jump faces are safe, I just ride it how it is and enjoy it regardless.
Texas Built
6/3/2018 5:28pm
logan_140 wrote:
I’m fine with no track prep, but they need to advertise that! And it should be less then $30 imo of the track isn’t worked
Why should it be $20 for unprepped track? Did their bills and insurance suddenly go away?
bvm111
6/3/2018 5:39pm
logan_140 wrote:
Why should it be $20 for unprepped track? Did their bills and insurance suddenly go away?
I think what OP is getting at is that it is being advertised as prepped for 30 bucks and then it isn’t. I would think the same as he does, and I spoke with my wallet when I showed up at newer track in the Vegas area and they charged 30 bucks entry and the track was unprepped with crap jump faces and poofy sandy desert everywhere else. I loaded up and left and told them on the way out I wouldn’t be back since they didn’t even offer a free ride day or discounted next weekend. I said you advertised prepped and this is no better than a blown out practice track in the middle of the desert, I haven’t been back since and never will. It’s a business and they are not being truthful in advertisement, why would you not be happy about it? If you ordered steak and we’re brought chicken wouldn’t you complain and expect a refund?
6/3/2018 5:39pm
logan_140 wrote:
Well less water, labor, diesel fuel, etc should work out to less bills but I doubt its that noticeable.

I pay for a nice prepped track..I want a nice prepped track.
slipdog
6/3/2018 5:43pm
logan_140 wrote:
Well less water, labor, diesel fuel, etc should work out to less bills but I doubt its that noticeable. I pay for a nice prepped track..I...
Well less water, labor, diesel fuel, etc should work out to less bills but I doubt its that noticeable.

I pay for a nice prepped track..I want a nice prepped track.
They did that at Estreet for a while to give people a chance to ride rougher tracks. No prep Wednesday's is what it was called and the price was cut back a bit. They just threw down water every once and a while.
logan_140
6/3/2018 5:52pm
logan_140 wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
I think what OP is getting at is that it is being advertised as prepped for 30 bucks and then it isn’t. I would think the...
I think what OP is getting at is that it is being advertised as prepped for 30 bucks and then it isn’t. I would think the same as he does, and I spoke with my wallet when I showed up at newer track in the Vegas area and they charged 30 bucks entry and the track was unprepped with crap jump faces and poofy sandy desert everywhere else. I loaded up and left and told them on the way out I wouldn’t be back since they didn’t even offer a free ride day or discounted next weekend. I said you advertised prepped and this is no better than a blown out practice track in the middle of the desert, I haven’t been back since and never will. It’s a business and they are not being truthful in advertisement, why would you not be happy about it? If you ordered steak and we’re brought chicken wouldn’t you complain and expect a refund?
Yea that’s what I’m saying. Some of the jump faces were all worn down and uneven as well.
logan_140
6/3/2018 5:53pm
Every track in Norcal is pretty much $30 per ride.
Yea same in Florida, 30 to ride. Or 25 to ride and $5 per spectator
plowboy
6/3/2018 5:56pm
Holy cripes mofos....If I had a decent track it would cost you minimum 40 bucks to ride. If it was a national track maybe 80 - 100 bucks. I might offer a yearly membership that saved you money but you are gonna pay for track maintenance or I'm closing the gate. 20 bucks is a joke. Go ride some free state crap.
stone881
6/3/2018 6:09pm
Dude, your bitching about 30 bucks? Have you ever played a round of golf, or gone to a ski resort?

Frankly part of the problem is that MX riders are cheap asses. I am not singling you out here, pretty much all of them, me included, can be lumped into that.

Hate to say it, but if it was 50 bucks, it still wouldn't really be enough. If we want tracks to stay around, they need to be able to pay the bills and maybe make a little something.
plowboy
6/3/2018 6:14pm
stone881 wrote:
Dude, your bitching about 30 bucks? Have you ever played a round of golf, or gone to a ski resort? Frankly part of the problem is...
Dude, your bitching about 30 bucks? Have you ever played a round of golf, or gone to a ski resort?

Frankly part of the problem is that MX riders are cheap asses. I am not singling you out here, pretty much all of them, me included, can be lumped into that.

Hate to say it, but if it was 50 bucks, it still wouldn't really be enough. If we want tracks to stay around, they need to be able to pay the bills and maybe make a little something.
Yes sir.
slipdog
6/3/2018 6:24pm
$20 Tuesday's at Riverfront MX... Try and keep up, Zeb is killing it for the NorCal scene

JM485
6/3/2018 6:25pm
Sometimes I wonder if people can even read around here. . .
at687
6/3/2018 6:30pm
stone881 wrote:
Dude, your bitching about 30 bucks? Have you ever played a round of golf, or gone to a ski resort? Frankly part of the problem is...

plowboy wrote:
Yes sir.
Yup, I agree. Play a round of golf at a decent course, much higher than $30. Honestly all these tracks should raise prices to have better prep or facilities. Paying $50 should be a minimum in my opinion.
logan_140
6/3/2018 6:36pm
stone881 wrote:

Never have golfed, and yes i go snowboarding quite often in the winter, the slopes are groomed runs are good and $70 for a lift ticket is fine. I’m not bitching about $30, I’m bitching about them advertising for a prepped track and it’s not. There for they should drop the riding fee to $20 that day since they didn’t have to run the water truck, tractor,dozer etc. that’s all.
logan_140
6/3/2018 6:37pm
stone881 wrote:

plowboy wrote:
Yes sir.
at687 wrote:
Yup, I agree. Play a round of golf at a decent course, much higher than $30. Honestly all these tracks should raise prices to have better...
Yup, I agree. Play a round of golf at a decent course, much higher than $30. Honestly all these tracks should raise prices to have better prep or facilities. Paying $50 should be a minimum in my opinion.
$50?! Your nuts! People are being run out of moto because of cost.
logan_140
6/3/2018 6:38pm
stone881 wrote:

plowboy wrote:
Yes sir.
at687 wrote:
Yup, I agree. Play a round of golf at a decent course, much higher than $30. Honestly all these tracks should raise prices to have better...
I️ bet that golf course will be nicely groomed,greens will be good and looking great wouldn’t they?
SrfNdirt
6/3/2018 7:21pm
slipdog wrote:
$20 Tuesday's at Riverfront MX... Try and keep up, Zeb is killing it for the NorCal scene [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/03/265723/s1200_Screenshot_2018_06_03_at_6.19.53_PM.jpg[/img]
$20 Tuesday's at Riverfront MX... Try and keep up, Zeb is killing it for the NorCal scene

Wow. That's pretty cool. I wish some of the socal tracks would offer something like that.
MX558
6/3/2018 7:33pm
Around here if the track isn't prepped we don't go , yes we're spoiled as shit .
stone881
6/3/2018 8:21pm
I agree, the track should be groomed if advertised. If you can't afford it, hopefully you live somewhere like I do on the CO/UT border, where the BLM riding is endless and epic.

When it comes to prices, seems to me a scale dependent on the particular track and given conditions is reasonable.

Dry beat track- $20 is fair, guy still has to pay insurance and deal with other bs

Occasionally maintained- lets say $30 a day, and its fixed up monthly....diesel isn't cheap and neither is water

Regularly maintained- $50 because it costs a lot to run that machinery on a daily/weekly basis

Non-profit club track where it maybe gets fixed up twice a year and they have a race on the calendar- $350 a year

Private club where you come in any time and turn on the sprinkler when you get there- $1200, or more, depending how many members. Ogden, Utah has the best example of this model that I have seen and it works well.
dirtmike86
6/3/2018 8:39pm
The only time i get to ride is afterwork in the afternoons. They are done watering and prep by that time. I dont remember the last time i rode a fresh track. Not saying OP is complaining, i understand that not being as advertised part. Just saying its probably been a few years since i rode a fresh track.

Post a reply to: Prices to ride at local tracks.

The Latest