Priceless...

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2017 1:58 AM

Matthes's write up of the second moto on racerxill

"The second moto Tomac gated about seventh with Herlings and his teammate Antonio Cairoli out front quickly. The Kawasaki rider took too long to get by Gautier Paulin for third and by the time he did, he fell out of the Jetstream of the two KTM riders. No excuses from Tomac afterward, as he mentioned that he didn’t have as much in the tank after the moto one win as he needed."

Love him or hate him (he does a lot of good), you know Matthes couldn't bring himself to do a proper write up of what happened in moto 2, not invlude all of the things Tomac said after the race....why? Well cause he is a proud dude...which is cool...but that just makes the whole write up that much sweeter to read.

|

9/4/2017 2:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 2:09 AM

|

9/4/2017 2:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 2:18 AM

kongols wrote:

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

9/4/2017 2:10 AM

I tell you what though, Tomac won the first moto by 28 seconds. That's impressive!

|

9/4/2017 2:20 AM

Radical wrote:

I tell you what though, Tomac won the first moto by 28 seconds. That's impressive!

That's because Herlings knows 2nd place in moto 1 still gives you the overall if you win 2nd moto. So he saved energy after working his way through the pack to 2nd. Tomac rode great, but getting the holeshot with the 2 fastest guys way deep helped him out.

2nd moto when they were all up front you got too see the true order.

|

9/4/2017 2:21 AM

Radical wrote:

And was 30sec behind first in the second moto. That's impressive too. So what's your point?

Damn I can't believe I actually get into this bullshit. But your statement just makes no sense.

And hey no need for an answer, I am out of here for the next days.

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

9/4/2017 2:22 AM

Langston_fan wrote:

"The second moto Tomac gated about seventh with Herlings and his teammate Antonio Cairoli out front quickly. The Kawasaki rider took too long to get by Gautier Paulin for third and by the time he did, he fell out of the Jetstream of the two KTM riders. No excuses from Tomac afterward, as he mentioned that he didn’t have as much in the tank after the moto one win as he needed."

Love him or hate him (he does a lot of good), you know Matthes couldn't bring himself to do a proper write up of what happened in moto 2, not invlude all of the things Tomac said after the race....why? Well cause he is a proud dude...which is cool...but that just makes the whole write up that much sweeter to read.

Tomac actually said was he was "surprised of the speed of those guys so early on".

|

9/4/2017 2:24 AM

Langston_fan wrote:

''couldn't bring himself to do a proper write up of what happened in moto 2'' ?

Seems like a fair and accurate account of what happened to me.

|

9/4/2017 2:41 AM

"Tomac gated about 7th". And above the article is this photo...

Photo

Note Herlings nowhere to be seen.

|

9/4/2017 2:46 AM

Robgvx wrote:

"Tomac gated about 7th". And above the article is this photo...

Photo

Note Herlings nowhere to be seen.

In turn 1 Herlings passed Tomac 2nd moto

|

9/4/2017 3:01 AM

Herlings and Tomac were basically level with each other around the first sweeper and Herlings edged infront before the first jump.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

9/4/2017 3:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 3:18 AM

This is the first real glimpse of Herlings in the opening moto, he's mid-flight to the far right hand side pulling a tear off. I make it around 15th place?

Photo

|

1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

9/4/2017 4:07 AM

Don't let facts get in the way of Matthes narrative!

|

9/4/2017 4:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 4:44 AM

Radical wrote:

mxmasta wrote:

And was 30sec behind first in the second moto. That's impressive too. So what's your point?

Damn I can't believe I actually get into this bullshit. But your statement just makes no sense.

And hey no need for an answer, I am out of here for the next days.

Not the greatest write up but hey
|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

9/4/2017 5:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 5:22 AM

I love Matthes and Pulp, but he is such a Kawi/ Eli suck hole. He's super tight with Williamson and the crew there and can't bring himself to criticize them. Listen to his commentary on both the Vegas stuff and MXDN. Literally everyone called it for what it is, and he just "Oh I don't know...." the conversation to death. It's super transparent and I wish "Media" guys would actually report, not just curtail opinions based on who they're buddies with....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/4/2017 5:35 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

I love Matthes and Pulp, but he is such a Kawi/ Eli suck hole. He's super tight with Williamson and the crew there and can't bring himself to criticize them. Listen to his commentary on both the Vegas stuff and MXDN. Literally everyone called it for what it is, and he just "Oh I don't know...." the conversation to death. It's super transparent and I wish "Media" guys would actually report, not just curtail opinions based on who they're buddies with....

Thats why i love Jason Weigandt. He is alot more neutral than Matthes. Not only in this tiring MXGP vs AMA debate but also between the riders in AMA.

Thats actually hard to find in moto journalism and its also understandble. Everyone has their favorite rider/country/series whatever and it shines through sometimes, I can sense it from Malin at times and from JT and Matthes alot.

But a real professional should just tell the facts as is and not twist the story to their liking.

|

9/4/2017 5:56 AM

Sideways wrote:

Thats why i love Jason Weigandt. He is alot more neutral than Matthes. Not only in this tiring MXGP vs AMA debate but also between the riders in AMA.

Thats actually hard to find in moto journalism and its also understandble. Everyone has their favorite rider/country/series whatever and it shines through sometimes, I can sense it from Malin at times and from JT and Matthes alot.

But a real professional should just tell the facts as is and not twist the story to their liking.

Couldn't have said it better myself....

But we need guys like Matthes in the industry...which is why i intended all this as a friendly poke...no condemning or strong language or whatever...he just can't handle his bias on this one. Heck you'll never hear me admitting that the All Blacks are better than the Springboks....we all have our biases...all of us...as somebody else mentioned, the danger is not recognising it.

|

9/4/2017 6:19 AM

At the end of the first lap, et3 was 1 second behind JH.... He was right there, getting essentially the same start....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/4/2017 6:20 AM

Oh I dont know, I think MXGeoff does a pretty good job of staying impartial.... whistling

|

1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

9/4/2017 6:22 AM

BTW....
Photo

|

1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

9/4/2017 6:30 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

Got a note that the pitchforks and torches were being raised.

As far as Vegas goes, when you say "everyone called it for what it was" which was Tomac slowing down the pack and trying to knock Dungey down, pretty sure I understood what was happening. Where I differed from some is saying that wasn't a valid strategy because IF he had knocked Dungey down on the second, third, maybe fourth attempt I didn't think the FIM was just going to give Tomac the title. I didn't like the "strategy" but I called it for what it was. Not sure what you mean?

But if I was such a "suck hole" I would've said this was awesome (like others did) and not faced the Kawasaki crew telling me I was an idiot that next race. They heard what I said and obviously by what their "strategy" was, they didn't agree with my take on things. So again, I'm not scared to say what I think no matter who it pisses off.

As far as the biased USGP start take, again I don't give a crap who wins. I also wasn't able to watch it on TV like all of you- I was there. So from where the pit lane was behind the start we couldn't see them take off. All we could see was them coming back towards us over the tabletop (I think it had a SIDI banner above it) and I counted him 7th from a ways away. And I tweeted that on RXI account also. By the time the rollers hit, ET was fifth, then fourth...

Yes we had TV's in the pit lane but the glare at the one I was at forced me to watch the track when the gate dropped.

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

9/4/2017 6:41 AM

Wow. Matthes and "Suck Hole" being used in the same sentence in regards to his appraisal of Eli's race? Uh, no. He's thrown him/them (KMC, USA) under the bus on more than a few occasions.

Don't worry Steve, I've got this...

Yo! MxKing809, You Mad, Bro?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

9/4/2017 6:54 AM

jamma10 wrote:

BTW....
Photo

How tall is Herlings

|

9/4/2017 7:41 AM

What is up with all the Euro BUTTHURT...........????

US Motocross is secondary to Supercross, May I remind you that Eli won 5 of 6 moto's in your racing format the past year. (I won;t mention the MX2 class because your not close) The US had it's biggest down year in motocross in a Loooong time, RV retired, Dungey retired, KR was hurt and Reed (retired from MX) almost every factory rider was hurt or rode needing surgery this year. (Wrap your head around that!)

Herlings is the real deal! He is very fast and can win against ANYBODY in the world and probably win SX if he trained. (he is that good) but after TC thats it....

Priceless....

|

9/4/2017 9:33 AM

gt80rider wrote:

At the end of the first lap, et3 was 1 second behind JH.... He was right there, getting essentially the same start....

At the end of lap 1 of moto 2, AC was 1.6 seconds behind ET with Herlings only another 1.6 back of AC........

|

9/4/2017 9:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 9:41 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

Matthes wrote:

Got a note that the pitchforks and torches were being raised.

As far as Vegas goes, when you say "everyone called it for what it was" which was Tomac slowing down the pack and trying to knock Dungey down, pretty sure I understood what was happening. Where I differed from some is saying that wasn't a valid strategy because IF he had knocked Dungey down on the second, third, maybe fourth attempt I didn't think the FIM was just going to give Tomac the title. I didn't like the "strategy" but I called it for what it was. Not sure what you mean?

But if I was such a "suck hole" I would've said this was awesome (like others did) and not faced the Kawasaki crew telling me I was an idiot that next race. They heard what I said and obviously by what their "strategy" was, they didn't agree with my take on things. So again, I'm not scared to say what I think no matter who it pisses off.

As far as the biased USGP start take, again I don't give a crap who wins. I also wasn't able to watch it on TV like all of you- I was there. So from where the pit lane was behind the start we couldn't see them take off. All we could see was them coming back towards us over the tabletop (I think it had a SIDI banner above it) and I counted him 7th from a ways away. And I tweeted that on RXI account also. By the time the rollers hit, ET was fifth, then fourth...

Yes we had TV's in the pit lane but the glare at the one I was at forced me to watch the track when the gate dropped.

Steve, I love your stuff and listen to most of your content.... and couldn't be happier about your partnership with Keefer.

With that being said, the Kawi bias is obvious. You may have (begrudgingly) agreed with the group sentiment, but I've always chuckled when you *try to be critical of the Kawi boys. You're friends with those guys and hang out there a lot, can't really blame you. Just a passing observation from my perspective.

And I'm glad my post could help you and Manny bond some more! devil

|

9/4/2017 9:45 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Wow. Matthes and "Suck Hole" being used in the same sentence in regards to his appraisal of Eli's race? Uh, no. He's thrown him/them (KMC, USA) under the bus on more than a few occasions.

Don't worry Steve, I've got this...

Yo! MxKing809, You Mad, Bro?

Manny BRO, I'm coming off a cycle right now and just did my 27th arm day in a row.......

|

9/4/2017 9:53 AM

jamma10 wrote:

BTW....
Photo

Flip109 wrote:

How tall is Herlings

KTM website mentions that he's 183cm tall so 6 feet. Eli is around 5'8"-5'9"

http://www.ktm.com/racing/mx/riders/jeffrey-herlings/

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/4/2017 10:11 AM

jamma10 wrote:

BTW....
Photo

Is Herlings leaning on Tomac, so he won't fall down? laughing tongue

|

9/4/2017 11:54 AM

Langston_fan wrote:

I love Matthes, he better not retire or i'll have NOTHING to listen to.

|