Pressure washers, What are you guy's using?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2019 8:53 AM

I have an industrial pressure washer I use at work they cost about 6K. right now I have to do some repairs to it so I'm looking at something like this to get me by for a few weeks. any suggestions?

Photo

|

2/16/2019 8:59 AM

Electric pressure washers = perfect for moto. The last thing you'd want to use is (what I assume is) a very powerful $6k industrial grade pressure washer

Really happy with my Karcher K5

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BMETENG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_efeACbNAQPJQZ

Photo

|

2/16/2019 8:59 AM

I have a really nice subaru from lowes. 4 years okd now, was $450 i think. Starts first pull and never hiccups. My son used it for 2 summers cleaning driveways and houses for bike money. Its been through the ringer and still looks and runs like new

|

2/16/2019 9:03 AM

I'm considering this one from Harbor Freight. $80 this weekend

Photo

|

2/16/2019 9:05 AM

Lavor 110 bar. Paid 60€. Fine for me, it cleans the bike perfectly, car too. Using it once a week from one year. Never had a problem.

|

rarararaataatatatata

2/16/2019 9:05 AM

500guy wrote:

I have an industrial pressure washer I use at work they cost about 6K. right now I have to do some repairs to it so I'm looking at something like this to get me by for a few weeks. any suggestions?

Photo

I have this one and it works well. Only thing I don’t like is the mess of the electrical cord if you plug it in far away from where you’re using it. Good pressure and I’ve cleaned some pretty well caked on mud before with it

|

2/16/2019 9:09 AM

Whatever the cheapest 2500+ psi gas Home Depot has.
I buy the extended warranty and if anything happens they usually replace it or send you a gift card for purchase price. The last one the pump went out a week before the warranty expiration and they sent me a $275 gift card. I got to keep the pressure washer and I threw a $30 Chinese pump on it and it’s still going. The pump is usually the weakest piece of one not how much you spend.

|

2/16/2019 9:16 AM

Right now im using a greenworks 2200psi hooked to my hot water putlet for my washer in my house and basicallly its like steam blasting the bike and it always comes clean super quickly.

|

2/16/2019 9:33 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Electric pressure washers = perfect for moto. The last thing you'd want to use is (what I assume is) a very powerful $6k industrial grade pressure washer

Photo

I second this...never use gas.

If you really want to get freaked out, pressure wash your bike (including wheels and triple clamps) and then take everything apart. You'll find water in places it should never go.

|

2/16/2019 9:54 AM

I have a couple but this one in my favorite. Its the Ryobi 3100 psi with the Honda 190cc engine but it has the idle down feature so unless you are pulling the trigger the engine is at idle and it also has the 5-in-1 nozzle for easy spray-pattern changes. The thing has been flawless.

Photo

|

Ed Johnson

2/16/2019 11:08 AM

Greenworks 1600psi and the 1800psi as well. Both are from Lowes.

|

2012 CRF250R
2012 CRF450R
2017 CRF450R

2/16/2019 11:13 AM

lostboy819 wrote:

I have a couple but this one in my favorite. Its the Ryobi 3100 psi with the Honda 190cc engine but it has the idle down feature so unless you are pulling the trigger the engine is at idle and it also has the 5-in-1 nozzle for easy spray-pattern changes. The thing has been flawless.

Photo

just got this one, fucking nightmare to get running if its cold.

I should have got the e start model...

|

2/16/2019 11:25 AM

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

Photo

I have the previous model from HF. It's blue. It has worked awesome for the 3 years I've had it. A buddy bought this green one and hates it. I think he expected to sandblast with it. It's 80 bucks...if you don't like it...take it back.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/16/2019 12:00 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Photo

Have the same as well - love using it and it’s been reliable.

|

2/16/2019 12:08 PM

I have one of these. It is 2700 pis so strong but not too crazy. It also has interchangeable tips. I had a smaller electric models before but it wasn't great and died pretty quickly. Plus, it didn't have a place to store the hose so, it was always getting tangled.

Photo

|

2/16/2019 12:10 PM

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

Photo

Been using that one for the past year. Still going strong. If it broke this weekend I'd buy another.

|

James

2/16/2019 12:11 PM

Ok so I've had 4 electrics. A Campbell that lasted quite a while and did the job ok. I had a blackmax I got at same about 4 years ago or so. It looked just like the one OP posted but red. I bought one and my dad bought one his didn't past a year and mine went about 3 years. Then I bought a karcher at Sam's and it didn't go 6 months and ran like crap. Then I bought this one at Lowe's after reading the reviews.
https://m.lowes.com/pd/Yard-Force-1-800-PSI-1-2-GPM-Cold-Water-Electric-Pressure-Washer/1000180769

This is a bad ass pressure washer for what it is. Different nozzles work great, huge soap tank, I love the reels. Absolutely the best one I've had so far.

|

2/16/2019 12:24 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

Natester551v wrote:

I second this...never use gas.

If you really want to get freaked out, pressure wash your bike (including wheels and triple clamps) and then take everything apart. You'll find water in places it should never go.

Dont resort to a weak low pressure unit if you have other uses for it. A real pressure washer has quick change tips and you can get whatever amount of pressure and pattern you want out of it. Get a good quality rebuildable pump with a 13 hp Honda engine. I use my portable Landa for bikes, cars, washing the house, 205 ft metal building at work and some huge parking areas and driveways. At work, my natural gas fired Landa pressure washer has a wand with a twist grip pressure adjuster. Hot or cold with any amount of pressure you want.

Photo

|

2/16/2019 12:46 PM

|

2/16/2019 2:38 PM

I have this for my bikes only,perfect p.s.i. for washing motorcycles. Purchased from Lowe's 4years ago,still works perfect! Photo

|

2/16/2019 4:01 PM

SwingHard wrote:

I have this for my bikes only,perfect p.s.i. for washing motorcycles. Purchased from Lowe's 4years ago,still works perfect! Photo

This is the same one I mentioned above. I shop the returns area in the outdoor power equipment. The prices are negotiable. I got it with everything still in bags for $45.

|

2012 CRF250R
2012 CRF450R
2017 CRF450R

2/16/2019 4:46 PM

I picked up one of these Ryobi electric ones and it's been pretty solid so far. The one gripe I have with it though is the hose spool. That thing is a pain in the ass so I don't even use it, just hang the hose instead.

Photo

|

2/17/2019 12:24 AM

lostboy819 wrote:

Photo

Brent wrote:

just got this one, fucking nightmare to get running if its cold.

I should have got the e start model...

I had to adjust the throttle cable on mine because it would die at first, After that it ran perfect.

|

Ed Johnson

2/17/2019 1:22 AM

I had an electric Karcher for over 10 years, and although not the most powerful, even from new, (and especially its last couple of years) I only ever used it to blast off the caked dirt. I would pretty much just scrub the rest and use the regular garden hose to rinse.

I was always super careful around linkages and all that stuff regardless of how much pressure I had lost over the years.

My 2 cents that I could have put towards another brew.

|

2/17/2019 3:05 AM

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

Photo

I bought one of these 2 years ago when my Excell gas washer took a shit. This thing is awesome! I use it and abuse it and it just keeps ticking. Id say go for it.

|

2/17/2019 9:44 AM

I’m using the RYOBI 1,600 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer I got at Home Depot for $100. Works like a charm. Zero problems. Had it for a year and still going strong. Small and compact; doesn’t take a lot of room in the garage. Photo

|

2/17/2019 11:16 AM

Sun Joe units on amazon have good reviews, and enough GPM to get good foam if using a foam gun.

|

2/17/2019 12:02 PM

Harbor Freight Electric. Sometimes I find it underpowered for the job at hand simply do to its flow rate not PSI. Best bet is washing your bike as soon as possible after riding.

|

2/17/2019 12:42 PM

I have a dewalt 3400 w throttle and a marcher 1700 electric to take to the track it is very compact

|

2/17/2019 1:40 PM

|