Pressure wash without plastics

camjm2
Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 5:59pm
I ordered new plastics for my crf 450r and I took my old plastics off. I wanna give it a nice deep clean. What’s the best way to do that and is it a bad idea to pressure wash it with the plastics off?
|
GripNRip617
6/23/2020 1:56pm
It's a great idea, I do it a few times a season. Feels nice to hit the spots that are normally unreachable. Just make sure to plug any place you don't want water to get into. For me that means rags, plastic bags and rubber bands.
camjm2
6/23/2020 2:02pm
It's a great idea, I do it a few times a season. Feels nice to hit the spots that are normally unreachable. Just make sure to...
It's a great idea, I do it a few times a season. Feels nice to hit the spots that are normally unreachable. Just make sure to plug any place you don't want water to get into. For me that means rags, plastic bags and rubber bands.
Ya it seems like a great idea. The amount of mud and nasty stuff on the frame is crazy. Any certain spots that you usually cover?
Snapper
6/23/2020 3:01pm
I always take them off after a mud race. Removing just the seat, rad scoops and side panels gives some decent exposure of the frame, radiators and engine and those pieces are quite easy to remove and re-install.
camjm2
6/23/2020 3:53pm
Snapper wrote:
I always take them off after a mud race. Removing just the seat, rad scoops and side panels gives some decent exposure of the frame, radiators...
I always take them off after a mud race. Removing just the seat, rad scoops and side panels gives some decent exposure of the frame, radiators and engine and those pieces are quite easy to remove and re-install.
How do you cover your air box / air filter

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/23/2020 4:07pm
Snapper wrote:
I always take them off after a mud race. Removing just the seat, rad scoops and side panels gives some decent exposure of the frame, radiators...
camjm2 wrote:
Taylor415
6/23/2020 7:01pm
Snapper wrote:
camjm2 wrote:
I use a plastic grocery bag
6/26/2020 2:16pm
Snapper wrote:
camjm2 wrote:
Taylor415 wrote:
Haha I do the same thing.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
6/26/2020 4:06pm
camjm2 wrote:
Taylor415 wrote:
If a plastic grocery bag does its best to haul home a few cans of veggies, do you really think its tough enough to stand a 1700-2200 psi blast from a pressure washer? Think about that for a spell........
Grizz
6/26/2020 4:13pm
Take the tank off too for an even better wash. Yamaha and KTM come with plugs for the gas lines, not sure if other brands do.
DynoDan22
6/26/2020 4:41pm
I wash my bike every wash without the plastic. I take the tank, seat, shrouds, side panels off. I use a filter cover, and plug exhaust and injector fuel line. When I'm done washing, I use an electric leaf blower to fully dry it, especially the electronics. I've never had an issue. It's the best way to keep your bike super clean.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/26/2020 4:42pm
Taylor415 wrote:
dadofagun wrote:
If a plastic grocery bag does its best to haul home a few cans of veggies, do you really think its tough enough to stand a...
If a plastic grocery bag does its best to haul home a few cans of veggies, do you really think its tough enough to stand a 1700-2200 psi blast from a pressure washer? Think about that for a spell........
Yeah lol, you dont just try and cut it up. Done it for years and years between moto's.
omalley
6/26/2020 5:59pm
Almost every ride-take off all plastic, tank, airbox, etc. paper towel in throttle body/carb and several layers of cling wrap rubber banded over the opening. Same for header. Wash all plastic separately. Pressure wash roller. Let dry, reassemble.

Not only is the bike spotless, but I’ve been amazed over the years at how this has allowed me to catch potential problems (bolts backing out, etc) early.
6/26/2020 7:36pm
Taylor415 wrote:
dadofagun wrote:
If a plastic grocery bag does its best to haul home a few cans of veggies, do you really think its tough enough to stand a...
Yep I doubt it would last with a pressure washer. I just use a hose.
DynoDan22
6/26/2020 7:58pm
Omalley: I agree. I catch so many little things when you wash without the plastic and tank on.

Post a reply to: Pressure wash without plastics

The Latest