Preoccupation With the Stewarts

Why so much attention on what the Stewarts do or don't do? No disrespect intended -- James Stewart was a great champion -- but he's been washed up for a while, and, as best I can tell, he doesn't seem to know when to walk away.

And I can only look at so many pics of a semi-truck.
|
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
1/17/2017 3:24pm
Take away his wins and his titles, James has wowed the people more than anyone throughout his career.
cameron96
1/17/2017 3:34pm
Toronto 2014 is a good explanation of why the madness

He had a quad, a triple triple, and a tire tap that nobody else was doing and he passed em all
1/17/2017 3:37pm
cameron96 wrote:
Toronto 2014 is a good explanation of why the madness He had a quad, a triple triple, and a tire tap that nobody else was doing...

He had a quad, a triple triple, and a tire tap that nobody else was doing and he passed em all
False, JS has been washed up for a while. Brownturd322 said so.
mx836
1/17/2017 3:37pm
If you even have to ask, you are trolling or brand new to MX.

The Shop

MXR
1/17/2017 3:38pm
cameron96 wrote:
Toronto 2014 is a good explanation of why the madness He had a quad, a triple triple, and a tire tap that nobody else was doing...

He was cheating .
Moto520
1/17/2017 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 3:42pm
What mx836 says. You probably didn't follow the sport in his prime or else you wouldn't have to ask. Most of us can't wait for him to get out there.

Quick questionnaire:

1) do you race?
2) have you competed in motocross within the last year on a sanctioned track
3) do you ride?

If you answered yes to all of the above....then you most likely get it and want to see both Stewart brothers out racing as soon as possible.

I'm starting to see a pattern with the negativity towards the riders.
mx836
1/17/2017 3:46pm
cameron96 wrote:

MXR wrote:
He was cheating .
Check cashed and trophy is on the shelf. Cool
1/17/2017 3:51pm
8686 wrote:
False, JS has been washed up for a while. Brownturd322 said so.
Brilliant retort, Einstein.
1/17/2017 4:44pm
Stew had his moments, but Pastrana gave me many "that's the coolest thing I've ever seen" moments. TP was an animal on the track.
1/17/2017 4:53pm
Highsider wrote:
[img]https://75firstdates.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-trolling-or-just-a-newbie-7610f5.jpg[/img]
Yeah, ya know, because 2006 was was soooooooooo long ago, and you remember firsthand how Decoster struggled with the weight increase on the Suzuki RN73 but somehow still managed to beat Willie Bauer's Maico and win his third straight world championship. 'Cause you go *that* far back. Because guys like you have that deep sense of history.
swedrik
1/17/2017 4:56pm
Anyone watching the Endless career of James...will not ask that. We look at pics of riders doing insane whips and winning by 30 seconds.

Imagine that a black boy of 16 came out and were so much faster than the entire World, on both at 125 two-stroke and a 250f in development, than the competetion that they looked like we would say an early 90´s rider would look against KR today.

That, alone is probably nothing we will get to watch again. At...was it southwick? Well the contenders were watching how James teared the field to pieces some 12 years earlier. Imagine that he won all there was by 22 or 23. If Forkner has the best of luck he will not catch up.

Yes, RC did beat a teenager when in his prime between the failures to do so. Thats always brought up. But that was the old era. Had Forkner straight up killed it next year in the premier class, had a perfect season by 22 years old, won....83 out of 100 races as a pro, it would be astonishing. James did that for so many years. And as mentioned was suspended when being arguably on top, some 2,5 years ago. Toronto is epic. 5 wins before the guinea pig suspension, right or wrong, it was handed out the worst way possible by FIM on the biggest star of MX. I dare to say he still is the biggest star in our sport and that it will suffer as he leaves and at the way it has unfolded.

Remember, this is a poor lower class black kid (it dont matter, but it is a fact, so therefore it is new, a record). He proved to have that talent each year despite titles. Then it failed.

What does JS know of life but being praised over and over on the ability that was no longer there? It is sad, it is a loss, it is a mystery. He is not Ryan or Chad. He was so muchfaster it put the commentators into doubt on what to say. "fight on 2nd place is intense as they get lapped by the 17 year old kid on a 2 stroke". I can not see how he came back as he did and how the advices where done. Why all the hype. He was in shape before the FIM denied his appeal on the last minute. Then it seemed strange and has since.

Or to be short. You will not catch anyone being so much above the competetion for that long as long as you live, if you are not very lucky. We do not know where the hell he is. Or why he returned overweight and put himself through all the hate in -16.

But if you know the sport it was not the same before he came and it will not be the same as he leaves. It is not my opinion, or it is, but it shows on youtube and on the forums. Cant take it away from James. He really killed it for decades. Why else do you need to ask? Will we see this on Bagett or Musq or anyone?

No, we wont, since it was incredible and it is an insult to question it. If he returns he should have tha applause times 10 of what RC had. No matter the position he finishes. Not be told of as another washed up ex champ. He could have had so many titles. And arguably even shouldve, since fuel is not to be containing lead. Cheating would be appropriate had it not been a long term and very common subscribed med that your kids might have. I do not think that taking a substance that is so common, will make you the fastest rider seen. But we all have our believes.

I think most feel the loss of the #7 at the grid and will even more so when retirement is official. It is a big deal since he was the biggest name for so long. And happens to be, by far the most successful rider ever that is not officially retired. It would be Stupid to not see that.
Highsider
1/17/2017 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 5:15pm
Highsider wrote:
[img]https://75firstdates.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-trolling-or-just-a-newbie-7610f5.jpg[/img]
Yeah, ya know, because 2006 was was soooooooooo long ago, and you remember firsthand how Decoster struggled with the weight increase on the Suzuki RN73 but...
Yeah, ya know, because 2006 was was soooooooooo long ago, and you remember firsthand how Decoster struggled with the weight increase on the Suzuki RN73 but somehow still managed to beat Willie Bauer's Maico and win his third straight world championship. 'Cause you go *that* far back. Because guys like you have that deep sense of history.
Ignorant fuck.
Pdub
1/17/2017 5:22pm
swedrik wrote:
Anyone watching the Endless career of James...will not ask that. We look at pics of riders doing insane whips and winning by 30 seconds. Imagine that...
Anyone watching the Endless career of James...will not ask that. We look at pics of riders doing insane whips and winning by 30 seconds.

Imagine that a black boy of 16 came out and were so much faster than the entire World, on both at 125 two-stroke and a 250f in development, than the competetion that they looked like we would say an early 90´s rider would look against KR today.

That, alone is probably nothing we will get to watch again. At...was it southwick? Well the contenders were watching how James teared the field to pieces some 12 years earlier. Imagine that he won all there was by 22 or 23. If Forkner has the best of luck he will not catch up.

Yes, RC did beat a teenager when in his prime between the failures to do so. Thats always brought up. But that was the old era. Had Forkner straight up killed it next year in the premier class, had a perfect season by 22 years old, won....83 out of 100 races as a pro, it would be astonishing. James did that for so many years. And as mentioned was suspended when being arguably on top, some 2,5 years ago. Toronto is epic. 5 wins before the guinea pig suspension, right or wrong, it was handed out the worst way possible by FIM on the biggest star of MX. I dare to say he still is the biggest star in our sport and that it will suffer as he leaves and at the way it has unfolded.

Remember, this is a poor lower class black kid (it dont matter, but it is a fact, so therefore it is new, a record). He proved to have that talent each year despite titles. Then it failed.

What does JS know of life but being praised over and over on the ability that was no longer there? It is sad, it is a loss, it is a mystery. He is not Ryan or Chad. He was so muchfaster it put the commentators into doubt on what to say. "fight on 2nd place is intense as they get lapped by the 17 year old kid on a 2 stroke". I can not see how he came back as he did and how the advices where done. Why all the hype. He was in shape before the FIM denied his appeal on the last minute. Then it seemed strange and has since.

Or to be short. You will not catch anyone being so much above the competetion for that long as long as you live, if you are not very lucky. We do not know where the hell he is. Or why he returned overweight and put himself through all the hate in -16.

But if you know the sport it was not the same before he came and it will not be the same as he leaves. It is not my opinion, or it is, but it shows on youtube and on the forums. Cant take it away from James. He really killed it for decades. Why else do you need to ask? Will we see this on Bagett or Musq or anyone?

No, we wont, since it was incredible and it is an insult to question it. If he returns he should have tha applause times 10 of what RC had. No matter the position he finishes. Not be told of as another washed up ex champ. He could have had so many titles. And arguably even shouldve, since fuel is not to be containing lead. Cheating would be appropriate had it not been a long term and very common subscribed med that your kids might have. I do not think that taking a substance that is so common, will make you the fastest rider seen. But we all have our believes.

I think most feel the loss of the #7 at the grid and will even more so when retirement is official. It is a big deal since he was the biggest name for so long. And happens to be, by far the most successful rider ever that is not officially retired. It would be Stupid to not see that.
APLMAN99
1/17/2017 5:33pm
James is the fastest racer I've ever seen, as compared peer to peer. Sure there were times that he was a "checkers or wreckers" kind of guy, but he went down while trying to do super human things on a bike.

Of course, I was a bit "obsessed" to see Hannah, Johnson, Lechien, Carmichael, etc. That's called wanting to see the best, and I'd pay money to see any of those guys race again today, even if they aren't what they "used to be".

1/17/2017 5:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 5:49pm
Why so much attention on what the Stewarts do or don't do? No disrespect intended -- James Stewart was a great champion -- but he's been...
Why so much attention on what the Stewarts do or don't do? No disrespect intended -- James Stewart was a great champion -- but he's been washed up for a while, and, as best I can tell, he doesn't seem to know when to walk away.

And I can only look at so many pics of a semi-truck.
Maybe because James is the greatest rider to ever race a motorcycle? He was a better rider than RC. Statistically maybe not. But as a rider. For sure. James stewart literally changed the way amateurs and pros ride. Scrubbing. I guess jo jo Keller might have been the first? But that was James deal. No one rode harder than a young and primed JS7. If 4 strokes never evolved and it was still a 2 stroke game, I don't think anyone would have been able to beat him. He embarrassed chad reed on a 125 at unadilla lol.
Mickolobe7
1/17/2017 5:44pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
James is the fastest racer I've ever seen, as compared peer to peer. Sure there were times that he was a "checkers or wreckers" kind of...
James is the fastest racer I've ever seen, as compared peer to peer. Sure there were times that he was a "checkers or wreckers" kind of guy, but he went down while trying to do super human things on a bike.

Of course, I was a bit "obsessed" to see Hannah, Johnson, Lechien, Carmichael, etc. That's called wanting to see the best, and I'd pay money to see any of those guys race again today, even if they aren't what they "used to be".

Agreed
1/17/2017 5:48pm
cameron96 wrote:

MXR wrote:
He was cheating .
Please explain?
Stephon
1/17/2017 5:56pm
swedrik wrote:
Anyone watching the Endless career of James...will not ask that. We look at pics of riders doing insane whips and winning by 30 seconds. Imagine that...

Pdub wrote:
[img]https://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/974/clap.gif[/img]
X2
Tenacious P
1/17/2017 5:58pm
Please explain?
Pop an Adderall next time you're at the track... you'll understand. That shit is amazing.
FARANG
1/17/2017 6:02pm
I guess it's all the drama, on and off the track.

A few examples on track...

The Reed incident(s)
Multiple lawn darting and taking out other riders
Some good riding (especially on 125s), doing some sections that other guys didn't do etc.
The Musquin incident
Pulling off the track with weak excuses when he's not winning

Off the track

Bubba's world
Cop impersonation and subsequent arrest
Testing positive for amphetamine and subsequent drugs ban, excuses etc.

Some people this makes him cool and a character, others think it makes him an asshole. I'm assuming the younger demographic think it's pretty cool and the more mature demographic see things a bit differently. I certainly can't think of another rider recently that's brought as much drama, except maybe Jlaw but he wasn't around for a zillion years like ol' Bubba has been.

I don't really mind a bit of off track drama personally, but I think the rental car rolling, strip joint frequenting, spliff smoking type of antics are preferable to the cop impersonating, PED type antics. Just my opinion.
kkawboy14
1/17/2017 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 6:06pm
If you don't like the Stewart's......you must race 3 wheelers, not mx
swedrik
1/17/2017 6:07pm
This thread does answer your question very well. In many perspectives. To insult and demand what the mx society had so much from, is just very strange. Question if he should race, advice James Stewart to retire. From a computer.As if he owes Us nothing? I dislike that. Concussions alone is a price he paid on this. And people boo the greatest racer active, whatever he does?

As if he did not have enough, looping out at Daytona, where he crashed so hard some years later it was unreal. And got 6th? From a lap down and beaten, on a torn bike still doing the wall jump no one did. Now getting lapped and humiliated. He owes us nothing, Not as I see it.

It is gross and a shame, that he has no respect from community, and finally we see the deal. He put his life on this and ppl feel bad on Yosh!?

I am not with them people on it.
oldnwise
1/17/2017 6:21pm
When James does return, ALL eyes will be on him!

I hope he can bring it! Even to get 5th or so would be fantastic. He will get more attention than any other racer there.
kong0036
1/17/2017 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 6:30pm
Could you imagine how boring the racing would have been without the 259 and 7 during the Carmicheal era. Without JS those years would have been the most boring years of MX and SX history . The reason all of us where lucky enough to see RC pushing it passed his comfort level sometimes was due to JS. So i say thank you James for raising the bar and pushing the GOAT to new levels each year,
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
1/17/2017 6:30pm
rongi#401 wrote:
[img]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c8/c86463fcb35f407357a343780e0a4e585f08473ce0e6f0aa51d55ce6d7cca696.jpg[/img]
this is perfect...lol...no one will appreciate this like I do...
1/17/2017 6:44pm
I bet if you asked 100 people who barely know moto exists if they know who James Stewart is and most of them probably will. And that's why there's a lot of interest.
Moto520
1/17/2017 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 6:49pm
Here's where some of you are complete lunch boxes:

Some of you just really don't know enough about the sport to get the Stewart thing. I think we now have a bunch of people that want to comment but really don't know shit about the sport due to their knowledge of the sport happening in an internet bubble. Get your dumb asses out there and buy a bike. Then race said bike. You jagholes make the real fans of the sport look like a bag of dicks by association. We care about Stewart because he is one of us. He's in our Moto fraternity and most of us wish him the best. I would love to see him overcome the odds and kill it out there but will settle for watching him battle with the guys that are his speed (I'm not saying he isn't as fast or faster than KR or Dunge but he may have to shake off some cobwebs from his time off). Celebrate his amazing contributions to the sport and stop being a bunch of freaking pussies. Quit with the endless negative comments and negative speculation. It's really boring and a total waste of your time.
davistld01
1/17/2017 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 6:51pm
I've been racing & following the sport for 45-years. I've seen everybody "amazing" race, from Joel Robert to Ricky Carmichael, and nobody personifies "amazing" like watching James Stewart race when he's on it. Nobody. I love this sport, but I love to watch these guys who are so fabulously skilled & talented ride dirt bikes the way I only wish I could have ever ridden them. It's the most exciting thing ever to me, and I would really love to see James Stewart back on a supercross track, in shape, having fun, focused & riding at his very best.

If that "very best" is not on par with the very best of guys like RD & KR, so be it. If James decides to step away, so be it. I'll still remember him as the most amazing rider I've ever seen. His legacy is safe.

Post a reply to: Preoccupation With the Stewarts

The Latest