Prado to US 2020?

jeffro503
10/4/2018 5:13pm
yeah its true .. unreal but so true MX2: Minimum age of riders: 15 years; maximum age: 23 years The maximum age limit of 23 years...
yeah its true .. unreal but so true

MX2: Minimum age of riders: 15 years;
maximum age: 23 years
The maximum age limit of 23 years for riders in the MX2
class is not applicable to women riders
Riders who have won two FIM MX2 World
Championships or reached the age of 23 are no longer
eligible to participate in the MX2 class
• Riders must have an FIM World Championship licence
jeffro503 wrote:
Holy shit I didn't know that. So if Jorge wins next year , they throw him right into the wolves den? Ok.....I hate this rule more...
Holy shit I didn't know that. So if Jorge wins next year , they throw him right into the wolves den? Ok.....I hate this rule more then ever now. Just dumb!
But in the other hand you get twats calling people a sandbagger for staying in the class after winning titles even though they didn't have to...
But in the other hand you get twats calling people a sandbagger for staying in the class after winning titles even though they didn't have to move up...... Anybody remember that? Not aimed at you jeffro.

I think if you win a world title twice you probably do have the beating of the others. Being forced up is a hard pill to swallow and especially if he repeats next year. Thing is age doesn't really matter at that level IMO, the kid has been racing for ever and would be fine on a 450 if he had to. That or he is lost to the AMA which would be a shame.

I'm not sure if I think it's fair or not regardless of age. I'm on the fence and can see both sides easily, partly through experiencing it personally in Mtb.
I'll admit Jamie , I was one of the guy's slamming Herling's for not moving up. BUT.......That specific debate in my eye's , saw a guy completely destroying the MX2 class , and being bigger and stronger than what Jorge is today. Jeffrey aint a small dude , and he looks extremely strong. Where Jorge ( right now )....looks like a 17 year old kid. That only gives him one year to grow that much to become a 450 rider. I don't see that as being right in my eye's. And like I was trying to say....lot's of guy's just aren't built for the 450's......and visa/versa.....some guy's on 450's would get waxed in the 250 class. Everyone is built different.
Bearuno
10/4/2018 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 8:04pm
I'm just back from Imola and the Cologne show - just about to go to sleep in our afternoon. Though, I guess it's good 'prep' for watching the MXDN here in OZ Woohoo .

Let's hope the Prado situation is part of Luongo / Youthstream / FIM getting rid of the "23 and you're out" BS.

There should be no (older) age limiting in The World Championships.

Limiting riders to 2 250 World Champions is just bizarre logic. What was good for legends such as Joel Robert, should still be good to this day - No age out rule. Stopping riders from at least matching, let alone surpassing other class Title winners is BS.

Luongo, by his rules, just furthers the migration of top level riders to the US, and other series. Or, their , and lesser riders, exit from the sport. It's stunning that he just doesn't seem to understand it.

Though, it did get Zach back to the States, when he felt he wasn't ready to go to the 450s. Not sure if he also found that he couldn't get a good 450 ride in the GPs, but he was quoted as not wanting to go up to 450s, in interviews at the time. But, it did lead to a shitload of success in the US, eventually, for him. I very much hope he does well in the 450s, next year (?).
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/4/2018 7:55pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I am not a fan of the rule either. When Carmichael rode supercross in 99 on a 250 he was so bad that he rode a...
I am not a fan of the rule either. When Carmichael rode supercross in 99 on a 250 he was so bad that he rode a 125 in mx that year. Even riders like Tomac, it's taken him about 4 years to come into his own on a 450. I personally really hope Prado comes to the US for selfish reasons. The more great riders here the better.
Carmichael was going to go 125 outdoors no matter the sx results were
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/4/2018 7:58pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I seem to remember Herlings being unwilling to move up for a period of time if my memory is correct. If you look at it from...
I seem to remember Herlings being unwilling to move up for a period of time if my memory is correct. If you look at it from the FIM view, it doesn't help them far as selling the product to have a guy dominate the class for 5 years, the more parody and chance of a new champion creates more viewership. Also having the dominate mx2 rider move up to MX1 makes the top class more interesting.
Herlings wanted to move up and was about to sign with Honda to do it, until KTM pulled a Brinks truck up to his house and said this is yours if you sign here and stay on a 250.

The Shop

Subotai
10/4/2018 8:53pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I seem to remember Herlings being unwilling to move up for a period of time if my memory is correct. If you look at it from...
I seem to remember Herlings being unwilling to move up for a period of time if my memory is correct. If you look at it from the FIM view, it doesn't help them far as selling the product to have a guy dominate the class for 5 years, the more parody and chance of a new champion creates more viewership. Also having the dominate mx2 rider move up to MX1 makes the top class more interesting.
UpTiTe wrote:
Herlings wanted to move up and was about to sign with Honda to do it, until KTM pulled a Brinks truck up to his house and...
Herlings wanted to move up and was about to sign with Honda to do it, until KTM pulled a Brinks truck up to his house and said this is yours if you sign here and stay on a 250.
How much was in that brinks truck?
wfo4ever
10/4/2018 10:06pm
how to get rid of young talents ...well done Luongo
Promoters are not rocket scientists, they are just greedy.
Question
10/5/2018 12:11am
19 will be key for the mxgp; the age rule would bring too many riders in 450 in 2020, and about Prado, with his main contenders moving (Jonass, Lawrence, Covington), I am not sure Olsen and Geerts will have something for him over 20 GPs so he is quite
the favorite already to take a 2nd title.
DoubleA
10/5/2018 1:03am
If they change the rule again which they most likely will then, Watson and Olsen have 3 years left in mx2 Geerts has 5 I think people will battle for with Jorge someone will find another gear.
jeffro503
10/5/2018 1:04am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 1:16am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Herlings wanted to move up and was about to sign with Honda to do it, until KTM pulled a Brinks truck up to his house and...
I have seen this qouted a few times , and I think it's incorrect. There is an interview someone did with Herlings , and he himself stated he didn't want to move up and threatened to leave for a ride in the US if they didn't change the rule. I'm sure between his wishes and KTM , they lobbied to GL about making the rule change.
tek14
10/5/2018 1:11am
Its just talk from KTM to GL changing rules again. Prado has no intrests to go US like he have said many times this year when he made deal to continue Cairoli/De Carli team.
JFerry
10/5/2018 1:25am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 1:56am
This is like the weather forecast. It will change many times before the time comes. To win a second championship is difficult. Doesn't matter how it looks now. This sport is ruthless. Prado will be in a luxurious position if that moment arrives.
And yes, one thing is that Luongo wants to have a main event, MXGP, running the show, another thing is that he is not flexible enough to do the best for his interests.
Prado has plenty of time, we would all agree.
10/5/2018 1:50am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 1:54am
jeffro503 wrote:
Holy shit I didn't know that. So if Jorge wins next year , they throw him right into the wolves den? Ok.....I hate this rule more...
Holy shit I didn't know that. So if Jorge wins next year , they throw him right into the wolves den? Ok.....I hate this rule more then ever now. Just dumb!
But in the other hand you get twats calling people a sandbagger for staying in the class after winning titles even though they didn't have to...
But in the other hand you get twats calling people a sandbagger for staying in the class after winning titles even though they didn't have to move up...... Anybody remember that? Not aimed at you jeffro.

I think if you win a world title twice you probably do have the beating of the others. Being forced up is a hard pill to swallow and especially if he repeats next year. Thing is age doesn't really matter at that level IMO, the kid has been racing for ever and would be fine on a 450 if he had to. That or he is lost to the AMA which would be a shame.

I'm not sure if I think it's fair or not regardless of age. I'm on the fence and can see both sides easily, partly through experiencing it personally in Mtb.
jeffro503 wrote:
I'll admit Jamie , I was one of the guy's slamming Herling's for not moving up. BUT.......That specific debate in my eye's , saw a guy...
I'll admit Jamie , I was one of the guy's slamming Herling's for not moving up. BUT.......That specific debate in my eye's , saw a guy completely destroying the MX2 class , and being bigger and stronger than what Jorge is today. Jeffrey aint a small dude , and he looks extremely strong. Where Jorge ( right now )....looks like a 17 year old kid. That only gives him one year to grow that much to become a 450 rider. I don't see that as being right in my eye's. And like I was trying to say....lot's of guy's just aren't built for the 450's......and visa/versa.....some guy's on 450's would get waxed in the 250 class. Everyone is built different.
Yeah its why I'm on the fence about the rule, I see it as one for all though. Jeff was kicking arse but take Jonass out of the equation this year and Prado takes everything and the rest look pretty averag, almost to the level of Jeff in his 250 peak.

Let's see next year, Jorge may grow a lot in stature as he is at that age where biology kicks in maximum.

If he takes the title and nobody is near him next year (I fully expect a full trouncing) what would you say do you think?

I would hope Watson, Olsen, Geerts etc put up a proper fight but I'm not sure.

For me on a separate note and related to stupid rules (or not depending) I am gutted to see Rodriguez leave, I followed him when he was in AMA as a kid and he has had a long hard road back to find a great team and now it's gone......I suppose he is back to AMA?
keinz
10/5/2018 2:58am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 3:15am
how to get rid of young talents ...well done Luongo
jeffro503 wrote:
Is that 2 championship rule true Richard?
I doubt. Herlings has 3 of them
10/5/2018 3:29am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Subotai wrote:
How much was in that brinks truck?
I heard about 1-1,5 million(exclusive bonus money) per season for a 250 ride That's not to bad.

Post a reply to: Prado to US 2020?

The Latest