Prado racing mxgp class at MXON

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2019 5:17 AM

What can we expect?

He said he has only ever ridden a couple of laps on a 450. I hope he does the last GP on a 450 when he wraps up the title! Cant wait!

|

8/20/2019 5:20 AM

He'll be up there. Maybe not as fast as a healthy Herlings but I expect him to mix it up with Cairoli, Coldenhoff, Gajser etc.

|

8/20/2019 5:54 AM

One would think he'd want to race 250 and go 1-1 in his last ride on it and win his class.

|

8/20/2019 6:00 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

He'll be up there. Maybe not as fast as a healthy Herlings but I expect him to mix it up with Cairoli, Coldenhoff, Gajser etc.

You assume if AC is healthyish he can match him? AC can match Herlings laps just usually can’t sustain them. Pulls 45 seconds plus on everyone else not named Herlings. Of course it all depends on how healthy he is. But to assume he can beat one of the best sand riders of all time right off the bat is a tall order.

|

8/20/2019 6:07 AM

Park Boys wrote:

You assume if AC is healthyish he can match him? AC can match Herlings laps just usually can’t sustain them. Pulls 45 seconds plus on everyone else not named Herlings. Of course it all depends on how healthy he is. But to assume he can beat one of the best sand riders of all time right off the bat is a tall order.

I don't believe even a healthy Cairoli has anything for a healthy Herlings in sand and yes I do believe Prado will be as fast as a current healthy Cairoli. I have a lot of faith in the kid and I think he'll translate well to the 450. I think he'll surprise people.

|

8/20/2019 6:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2019 6:22 AM

He went 3-3 last year on a 250, I think he has already proved his potential (Lawrence 9-2 btw, awesome as well).

He is a great starter, not sure he can transition it to the 450 in only 1 month, but if so he will do 2 holeshots. If he does at least 1 round in mxgp to get his feet wet, with Herlings not being at 100%, I think he will actually go 1-1 or 1-2, and no less than 2-2.

Gajser could score that too on hard pack, but Assen has not been his best track, with his current form he may still equal Coldenhoff on home soil with a 3-4 or 3-5. Then you have Anderson, Osborne, Febvre, Paulin and possibly Anstie. That is gonna be a huge battlefield.

The Dutch must be nervous, Herlings won't be at 100%, he will have done only 3 races this season and he will be back only 1 month after being released. With a healthy Herlings, the Dutch can score 20 points and dominate, without, it would look more around 30 points, which is right where the US and French teams should be as well.

|

8/20/2019 6:30 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

He'll be up there. Maybe not as fast as a healthy Herlings but I expect him to mix it up with Cairoli, Coldenhoff, Gajser etc.

Park Boys wrote:

You assume if AC is healthyish he can match him? AC can match Herlings laps just usually can’t sustain them. Pulls 45 seconds plus on everyone else not named Herlings. Of course it all depends on how healthy he is. But to assume he can beat one of the best sand riders of all time right off the bat is a tall order.

Ray_MXS wrote:

I don't believe even a healthy Cairoli has anything for a healthy Herlings in sand and yes I do believe Prado will be as fast as a current healthy Cairoli. I have a lot of faith in the kid and I think he'll translate well to the 450. I think he'll surprise people.

I think he will be good too, have been saying it since last year when a certain riders fans were so threatened by him they were bashing the 17 year old kid. But like I said, healthy AC at times can match Herlings not saying he can sustain. He makes a mistake and it takes him to long to get going where as Herlings gets going again immediately. I think he is the healthiest of any of the good sand guys though sans Coldenhoff. Now that I write this, Coldenhoff is on his best form right now of his career and would not be surprised if Coldenhoff wins. I do agree that Prado will be good right away though.

|

8/20/2019 6:37 AM

8th

|

8/20/2019 6:56 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

He'll be up there. Maybe not as fast as a healthy Herlings but I expect him to mix it up with Cairoli, Coldenhoff, Gajser etc.

Park Boys wrote:

You assume if AC is healthyish he can match him? AC can match Herlings laps just usually can’t sustain them. Pulls 45 seconds plus on everyone else not named Herlings. Of course it all depends on how healthy he is. But to assume he can beat one of the best sand riders of all time right off the bat is a tall order.

I'd say he can beat everyone but his 2 future teammates.
Gajser maybe on hardpack not yet. But this is Assen

|

8/20/2019 6:59 AM

Park Boys wrote:

I think he will be good too, have been saying it since last year when a certain riders fans were so threatened by him they were bashing the 17 year old kid. But like I said, healthy AC at times can match Herlings not saying he can sustain. He makes a mistake and it takes him to long to get going where as Herlings gets going again immediately. I think he is the healthiest of any of the good sand guys though sans Coldenhoff. Now that I write this, Coldenhoff is on his best form right now of his career and would not be surprised if Coldenhoff wins. I do agree that Prado will be good right away though.

Oh I agree with everything you say and it's certainly more likely that he'll be a few seconds off the absolute top guys pace, but I personally really believe he'll be even better on a 450 than a 250. I think he'll be close to Cairoli.

And yeah, Coldenhoff is getting back to MXoN form again. He'll be dangerous.

|

8/20/2019 7:07 AM

If its anything like the USA racing he will be top 10.

|

8/20/2019 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2019 7:29 AM

kb228 wrote:

If its anything like the USA racing he will be top 10.

Like when people were saying Herlings would be top 10 if racing in the US ?

In the US he would be right in the mix with AC and Ferrandis, top riders would be top riders on any pond, exactly like when Roczen and Musquin moved over and offered some of the best racing ever in the 250 class with Baggett, Barcia, Tomac, Wilson etc. Top 10 is like saying Tomac would be top 10 in the mxgp class, whereas we all know he would be battling upfront.

|

8/20/2019 7:37 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

8th

He went 3-3 last year on a 250

|

8/20/2019 7:37 AM

Go back a few years, Prado gave Herlings a hard time around this very track, don't expect that he cant do it again.

|

8/20/2019 7:56 AM

AB#81 wrote:

Go back a few years, Prado gave Herlings a hard time around this very track, don't expect that he cant do it again.

And both times Herlings was riding 1st time after an injury.

|

8/20/2019 7:58 AM

Spain need to qualify first. Who are the other riders on the team ?

|

8/20/2019 8:16 AM

mac3-d wrote:

Spain need to qualify first. Who are the other riders on the team ?

Spain should make the show, sorry to say but Gajser will probably only be seen in the qualifying rounds

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

8/20/2019 8:27 AM

mac3-d wrote:

Spain need to qualify first. Who are the other riders on the team ?

Spain was number 6 in 2018. They are podium contenders. I said time ago that Prado was confirmed on MXGP. Cairoli is not participating. If Herlings is fit, he will be the one to beat.
Prado will be contending with Coldenhoff for second. Coldenhoff is in great shape.
In MX2 Larranaga is finding his way after different crashes early in the season. He was 6th in Imola, a complex track. And gettinh more consistent every weekend.
Open class. Butron is training after the last crash and Valentin seems better but still not recovered. Probably back in the last GP of the season

|

8/20/2019 8:30 AM

I guess he will get another holeshot on the 450

|

8/20/2019 8:35 AM

Can he ride a 350?

|

8/20/2019 8:39 AM

Holeshots

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8/20/2019 8:46 AM

The last sand race the 2 fastest guy's crashed and had bad overall results Anstie and Geerts

Top 10 for Prado if He doesn't have any issues.

|

8/20/2019 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2019 8:54 AM

nage0139 wrote:

Can he ride a 350?

He can in Open class. Biut in deep sand you want power. Next year he is confirmed in a 450.

|

8/20/2019 8:56 AM

mac3-d wrote:

Spain need to qualify first. Who are the other riders on the team ?

Nuffsaid wrote:

Spain should make the show, sorry to say but Gajser will probably only be seen in the qualifying rounds

Pancar needs to have a solid Qualifying moto. They can do it if Gajser finishes top 3 in his class.
Pancar finished 10th in moto 1 last weekend, and 18th in moto 2 at Lommel. He has had a decent season actually

|

8/20/2019 9:04 AM

mac3-d wrote:

Spain need to qualify first. Who are the other riders on the team ?

Nuffsaid wrote:

Spain should make the show, sorry to say but Gajser will probably only be seen in the qualifying rounds

crusty_xx wrote:

Pancar needs to have a solid Qualifying moto. They can do it if Gajser finishes top 3 in his class.
Pancar finished 10th in moto 1 last weekend, and 18th in moto 2 at Lommel. He has had a decent season actually

Gaijser has nothing top proof this year. And Assen is not his best bet.

|

8/20/2019 9:09 AM

2 hole shots and a moto win .

|

8/20/2019 9:09 AM

kb228 wrote:

If its anything like the USA racing he will be top 10.

Question wrote:

Like when people were saying Herlings would be top 10 if racing in the US ?

In the US he would be right in the mix with AC and Ferrandis, top riders would be top riders on any pond, exactly like when Roczen and Musquin moved over and offered some of the best racing ever in the 250 class with Baggett, Barcia, Tomac, Wilson etc. Top 10 is like saying Tomac would be top 10 in the mxgp class, whereas we all know he would be battling upfront.

No its like saying 450 rookies rarely come in and win races. Theyre top 10 in the 450 class.

Ac isnt going to run with tomac or roczen in 2020.. prado isnt beating herlings or gajser in his first 450 race

|

8/20/2019 9:13 AM

500guy wrote:

The last sand race the 2 fastest guy's crashed and had bad overall results Anstie and Geerts

Top 10 for Prado if He doesn't have any issues.

If you think Geerts is faster than Prado, you are wrong. Prado is just rolling around this year beating everyone waiting to move up next year and beat Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser etc. Prado is unreal on a dirt bike. Especially after seeing it in person multiple times now. The way he rides, hes gonna be incredible on a 450 (especially on hard pack). Hes going to surprise at Assen, cant wait to see it.

|

8/20/2019 9:16 AM

Renner153 wrote:

If you think Geerts is faster than Prado, you are wrong. Prado is just rolling around this year beating everyone waiting to move up next year and beat Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser etc. Prado is unreal on a dirt bike. Especially after seeing it in person multiple times now. The way he rides, hes gonna be incredible on a 450 (especially on hard pack). Hes going to surprise at Assen, cant wait to see it.

if you think Prado was fastest at the last sand race you are wrong.

|

8/20/2019 9:17 AM

mac3-d wrote:

Spain need to qualify first. Who are the other riders on the team ?

LOL!

|