Prado or Herlings

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2020 8:11 AM

Prado hasn't won a 450 title yet and is a long shot this season . But Herlings is getting some hard miles on him. When all is said and done who has more titles?

Who wins more World titles : Prado or Herlings

View Results

|

10/12/2020 8:28 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Prado hasn't won a 450 title yet and is a long shot this season . But Herlings is getting some hard miles on him. When all is ...more

450 titles probably Prado, but if Gajser wins again that will be 3 450 titles. So do either of those guys end up with more than Tim? Herlings probably not but Prado maybe? That’s a lot to ask for. The KTM boys steal the limelight while Gajser gets it done. Hopefully no jinxing here.

|

10/12/2020 8:29 AM

We still haven’t seen a fit Herlings race against Prado.

|

10/12/2020 8:33 AM

Everts is the right answer... atleast i hope so. cool

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

10/12/2020 8:40 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Prado hasn't won a 450 title yet and is a long shot this season . But Herlings is getting some hard miles on him. When all is ...more

Park Boys wrote:

450 titles probably Prado, but if Gajser wins again that will be 3 450 titles. So do either of those guys end up with more ...more

Good point. Excluding Gajser was an oversight on my part.

|

10/12/2020 8:41 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

We still haven’t seen a fit Herlings race against Prado.

Unfortunately we may never see that.

|

10/12/2020 8:56 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

We still haven’t seen a fit Herlings race against Prado.

Yeah bro. That's kind of the point. We never see a "fit" Herlings.

For the last 4 years, Euros keep shouting that he's the best in the world. But if you look at the results, he's not even the best in Europe in his generation.

|

10/12/2020 9:00 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

We still haven’t seen a fit Herlings race against Prado.

We also haven’t seen a fully fit injury free Prado either. He’s had his own issues.

|

10/12/2020 9:00 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

We still haven’t seen a fit Herlings race against Prado.

kage173 wrote:

Yeah bro. That's kind of the point. We never see a "fit" Herlings.

For the last 4 years, Euros keep shouting that he's the ...more

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

|

10/12/2020 9:14 AM

I'd say Prado. He has been far more in control of the titles that he won imo. Herlings stayed in MX2 after 2 titles and still couldn't win the next two Championships because of injuries.
Even in 3 of his 4 world championship seasons he missed at least one GP because of injuries.

However, I wonder if Prado still considers to go to the US at some point. At the moment he's probably not planning it but let's assume he wins this 2020 title (long shot) and maybe even the next one. He'd be a 4 time world champion by the age of 20.

|

10/12/2020 9:16 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

We still haven’t seen a fit Herlings race against Prado.

kage173 wrote:

Yeah bro. That's kind of the point. We never see a "fit" Herlings.

For the last 4 years, Euros keep shouting that he's the ...more

He had a comfortable points lead when he got hurt in a freak crash.

|

10/12/2020 9:22 AM

Herlings on any given day could smoke anyone in the world, but he’s the modern James Stewart of mxgp. Fastest guy can win lots of races but over the course of a series that speed can bite you in the ass. Either way just want to see the guy stay healthy. It’s a lot more fun to watch when he’s on the track.

|

10/12/2020 9:25 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's where Herlings sits vs the competition in his generation. No opinions, just numbers and facts.

|

10/12/2020 9:29 AM

kage173 wrote:

Yeah bro. That's kind of the point. We never see a "fit" Herlings.

For the last 4 years, Euros keep shouting that he's the ...more

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

kage173 wrote:

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's ...more

If you don’t think Herlings is one of the best riders in the world to throw a leg over a dirt bike then you are delusional.

|

10/12/2020 9:44 AM

Prado is certainly heading the right direction. And his starts, damn!

It’s hard to say how Herlings recent injury will effect him mentally, as this was likely the scariest he has had.

I have a feeling Prado will be needing a lot of room in his trophy room in the future :-)

|

10/12/2020 9:47 AM

kage173 wrote:

Yeah bro. That's kind of the point. We never see a "fit" Herlings.

For the last 4 years, Euros keep shouting that he's the ...more

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

kage173 wrote:

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's ...more

Tomac's are only regional.

|

10/12/2020 9:52 AM

Hope Prado can stay injury free. he's got huge future potential. Right now Herlings fastest, but all those crashes/injuries, and age coming. If you can do it like Carmichael, then more power to you. But most should do it the Dungey way. ID much rather see a non-win, and show up next week, than a go-for-broke, and actually break.

|

10/12/2020 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 9:59 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

kage173 wrote:

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's ...more

philG wrote:

Tomac's are only regional.

Only regional lol. You say that like any of the top GPs guys couldn't jump in and do a season whenever they/the teams want.

Would love to see some of the GP guys come do a full season over here. They probably have a really good shot of winning the whole thing year one and I think that would actually help our riders in the long run.

|

10/12/2020 10:00 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

kage173 wrote:

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's ...more

philG wrote:

Tomac's are only regional.

As are Roczen’s. But then again I also think he’s not even trying to get the point, just find a way to shit on Herlings.

|

10/12/2020 10:02 AM

kage173 wrote:

Yeah bro. That's kind of the point. We never see a "fit" Herlings.

For the last 4 years, Euros keep shouting that he's the ...more

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

kage173 wrote:

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's ...more

James Stewart has as many 450 outdoor titles as Zach Osborne. Just facts

|

10/12/2020 10:10 AM

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

As are Roczen’s. But then again I also think he’s not even trying to get the point, just find a way to shit on Herlings.

I'm not shitting on Herlings. I'm giving the other European riders the credit that Europeans never give them. You guys are shitting on Cairoli, Gasjer and Prado by constantly propping Jeffrey up and making excuses for him.

Gasjer is a better champion than Jeffrey Herlings by every way there is to measure that statement.

*And I didn't start the US VS GP argument. That was the British guy. I just put Roczen and Tomac in there because everybody knows that those 3 have always been comparable and it shows context for Jeffrey's lack of success in 450.

|

10/12/2020 10:13 AM

I voted Prado. If Herlings continues for like 5 more years and stays healthy every single one of them, then maybe Herlings. But Herlings is only 2 titles up on Prado and Prado is 7 years younger. Like you said, Herlings already has some miles on his body and because of that has wiffed on more titles than he has won. Meanwhile Prado has his whole future ahead of him, and I would say that 5+ years down the road many of the guy’s around now are either gone or on their last legs, while Prado is in his prime. Of course some younger guys could and probably will step up, but the safer bet is that Prado will rack up a couple of titles.

|

10/12/2020 10:14 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

kage173 wrote:

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's ...more

crusty_xx wrote:

James Stewart has as many 450 outdoor titles as Zach Osborne. Just facts

Zach Osborne has as many 450 title as Jeffrey Herlings. Just facts.

|

10/12/2020 10:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 10:24 AM

philG wrote:

Tomac's are only regional.

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

As are Roczen’s. But then again I also think he’s not even trying to get the point, just find a way to shit on Herlings.

kage173 wrote:

I'm not shitting on Herlings. I'm giving the other European riders the credit that Europeans never give them. You guys are ...more

You’re the one here that brought up AMA titles in a GP thread. And 450 titles to pad you’re own point. But whatever.

|

10/12/2020 10:25 AM

Yep . World titles only.

|

10/12/2020 10:26 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Go back at watch the 2018 season.

kage173 wrote:

No thanks

450 Championships

Cairoli - 7
Tomac - 4
Gasjer - 2, will prob be 3
Roczen - 2
Herlings - 1
Febvre - 1

That's ...more

philG wrote:

Tomac's are only regional.

I gotta chuckle out of this and it may not pertain to this subject but it should be brought up somewhere. The second moto of the 250 class at Fox raceway 4 different continents were represented in just the top 5 racers. Pretty good for a regional series eh.

|

10/12/2020 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 11:19 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

We still haven’t seen a fit Herlings race against Prado.

Edited. We did, go watch Assen '16. Herlings in his last 250 year on home turf had a hard time passing some 16 years old weak kid without endurance named Jorge Prado.

|

10/12/2020 10:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 10:57 AM

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

You’re the one here that brought up AMA titles in a GP thread. And 450 titles to pad you’re own point. But whatever.

I wasn't padding my point, the OP specified 450 titles.

|

10/12/2020 10:56 AM

All this just makes looking at what TC has done for so long that much more incredible. Every 2-3 or so years you keep getting younger hungry fast guys in the class and just keep clicking off titles. All while trying to avoid burnout. I just doubt I could sit there and have the determination after title 3 or so to still go out there and risk it all. You’ve reached the pinnacle of your sport multiple times. Only motivation left is not to lose. That’s a slippery slope to stay on top of for so long.

|

10/12/2020 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 12:00 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

I'd say Prado. He has been far more in control of the titles that he won imo. Herlings stayed in MX2 after 2 titles and still ...more

Prado winning '20 is not that long of a shot, 12 motos remaining and Prado coming from a broken femur is within striking distance (a race).

Not saying it's going to happen but wouldn't call it a long shot after Yesterday's race, I bet you Gajser will fall a couple more times before the year is over. I do think Prado ends second.

|