Prado on going to the USA, riding for De Carli and his battle with Jonass

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2018 3:56 AM

Andy McKinstry caught up with young super-talent Jorge Prado to discuss his impressive day in Valkenswaard, his move to the De Carli KTM team and why might not move to the USA as quickly as first expected, if at all...

Jorge Prado interview

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

3/20/2018 4:55 AM

Fuck stuper cross. He should stay in Europe and have a long prosperous career like he's set up to do now.

|

3/20/2018 8:00 AM

That's a shame, he ain't comin over. He flat out says he's staying in Europe. Dudes fast, I want the fastest guys here...

|

3/20/2018 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2018 8:20 AM

B DUB 333 wrote:

That's a shame, he ain't comin over. He flat out says he's staying in Europe. Dudes fast, I want the fastest guys here...

To crash her brains out in SX. Not a best option in the world

|

Power is nothing without control

3/20/2018 8:11 AM

I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to do SX either.

|

3/20/2018 8:19 AM

Perfect replacement for Cairoli when he retires after couple of years

|

Power is nothing without control

3/20/2018 8:36 AM

I think more and more, the Euro lifestyle of outdoors and time off looks better and better to those who are already there and making a good living.

Not sure I'd want to come and get hurt in SX. The injuries have been shocking these past years, doesn't look too appealing to me!

|

3/20/2018 10:02 AM

Park and Huck wrote:

I think more and more, the Euro lifestyle of outdoors and time off looks better and better to those who are already there and making a good living.

Not sure I'd want to come and get hurt in SX. The injuries have been shocking these past years, doesn't look too appealing to me!

X2

If I could make good money in the gps, and only have to race one style of racing with more time off, my ass would stay there. Just seems like such a more favorable career, with less chance of major injury. Why leave If the money is right.

|

3/20/2018 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2018 10:33 AM

I think FIM riders go to the US for two reasons:

1. Money. A prime-time TV contract attracts sponsorship and generates revenue for everyone.

2. Available rides. There aren't that many good slots available in MXGP (especially on the factory teams), but talents like Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis and Lawrence can always step into factory slots at the AMA 250 level, and there's always a path for them to move up. (This is kinda ironic, because American 250 talent is really good.)

But Prado probably has a clear path with De Carli Red Bull KTM, so why screw around in football stadiums?

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

3/20/2018 11:13 AM

I don't blame Jorge at all. It's not even a AMA vs GP thing.....it's an outdoor vs indoor thing. The outdoors is something everyone can relate too , where SX just isn't. At least for the majority that ride. What I wish.....was that our outdoor series had more rounds , with less SX rounds.

Exactly the opposite of what we have now. 17 round outdoor with a 12 round SX schedule. A guy can wish right?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/20/2018 11:21 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't blame Jorge at all. It's not even a AMA vs GP thing.....it's an outdoor vs indoor thing. The outdoors is something everyone can relate too , where SX just isn't. At least for the majority that ride. What I wish.....was that our outdoor series had more rounds , with less SX rounds.

Exactly the opposite of what we have now. 17 round outdoor with a 12 round SX schedule. A guy can wish right?

Nail on the head- fix the Supercross series somehow to stop all the injuries, and make the nationals longer. I think going back to 125/250 cc and no rule about engine type is the answer but what do I know

|

3/20/2018 11:29 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

As long as we're fantasizing, I wish there were no Supercross at all. I wish AMA Motocross began right about now and had about 18-20 rounds with more breathing space between events than is possible now with the summer calendar. It could be a North American series that might include rounds in Canada and Mexico. Maybe even a round in Europe. That'd be a great series.

Oh, and no Ralph Shaheen.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

3/20/2018 12:48 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Brownstone322 wrote:

As long as we're fantasizing, I wish there were no Supercross at all. I wish AMA Motocross began right about now and had about 18-20 rounds with more breathing space between events than is possible now with the summer calendar. It could be a North American series that might include rounds in Canada and Mexico. Maybe even a round in Europe. That'd be a great series.

to late, starter stuporcross rules the us and feld has plans.

only prodigy type talent with natural and/or already developed sx skills and contacts for top rides will come from os.

ferrandises and norrens wont come
imo

|

3/20/2018 12:50 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Brownstone322 wrote:

I too wish for nothing but outdoors , but unfortunately it's all a " conveince " thing now days for the spectators. Everyone wants a seat , food and beer close by , no hiking and something that lasts only 3 hours. So they can turn in early or still have a night out on the town after. It sucks to see it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/20/2018 2:31 PM

What a shame. I think he would be really good in supercross.
Gajser doesn't seem to go over soon either.
Can't blame them, me in their shoes probably wouldn't do it either.

Next guy will maybe be Brian Moreau in like 3 years

|

3/20/2018 2:39 PM

Good luck with the no Supercross thing. It's the tail that wags the dog.

I like having both. I think everyone here would get bored with just one or the other.

As for eliminating injuries from SX? I'm not sure how we do that. We could slow the bikes, but then I feel like you'd have more guys packed together...and I'm not sure that's the cure. The depth of talent (when everyone is healthy) is a lot better than it's ever been.

I will say at the speeds they're going, though, that there's way too small a margin for error...particularly early in the races when everyone is still together.

|

3/20/2018 2:42 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

What a shame. I think he would be really good in supercross.
Gajser doesn't seem to go over soon either.
Can't blame them, me in their shoes probably wouldn't do it either.

Next guy will maybe be Brian Moreau in like 3 years

Moreau is different, i can absolutely see him racing SX in US. Didn't he race the whole French SX series this off season? Or at least multiple races, not only Paris.

|

3/20/2018 3:11 PM

Brownstone322 wrote:

I think FIM riders go to the US for two reasons:

1. Money. A prime-time TV contract attracts sponsorship and generates revenue for everyone.

2. Available rides. There aren't that many good slots available in MXGP (especially on the factory teams), but talents like Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis and Lawrence can always step into factory slots at the AMA 250 level, and there's always a path for them to move up. (This is kinda ironic, because American 250 talent is really good.)

But Prado probably has a clear path with De Carli Red Bull KTM, so why screw around in football stadiums?

Sorry i dont understand. Are you suggesting that Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis and Lawrence moved to the us due to lack of good slots available in mxgp? Roc an MM were world champion when they moved, they could have signed anywhere they wanted. Ferrandis and Lawrence to a lesser degree as well

|

3/20/2018 3:54 PM

Jorge, if he goes to the USA, is for the Supercross, if he does not go, something will remain pending in his soul, because it is his dream as a child, but that child has been growing, and many things have happened, has been installed in Belgium for a few years, during which time it was an occasion to train Supercross to the USA and he was good, saw a couple of races and saw it feasible to win them, then he returned to Belgium he made his first year of the MX2 world championship and now he is installed in Italy where he is much better, better weather, friends like Cairoli, food, places and people much more similar to Spain and the challenge of winning the MX2 World Championship and already because not after also trying to win in MX1, I think he does not know what he will do in a year , and less in two, he will already see it with time, but he is where he is, he will be ahead.Photo

|

3/20/2018 4:17 PM

|

3/20/2018 9:01 PM

Copied my line through the whoops.......

|

3/20/2018 9:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2018 9:21 PM

I wouldn't want to race forkner neither.

Did I do that right?

|

3/20/2018 9:40 PM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

Did I do that right?

I will bite. Forkner wants nothing to do with Jorge in the sand.

|

3/20/2018 9:43 PM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

Did I do that right?

JMR1976 wrote:

I will bite. Forkner wants nothing to do with Jorge in the sand.

I completely agree and was just pushing buttons.

But to keep this going.. we have no "real" sand over here. Or so I've read.

|

3/21/2018 5:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2018 5:53 AM

Photo

Forkner and Prado
|

3/21/2018 6:38 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/21/2018 7:19 AM

Smart decision. SX nowadays is not about the fastest but all about the last man standing.

Let's make a hell of an outdoor championship and put Dungey, Roczen, Tomac, Cairoli, Herlings and Gajser on it. Same with Prado and the mx2 talents w00t

|

3/21/2018 7:28 AM

Photo

|

3/21/2018 7:36 AM

Dropbear wrote:

Copied my line through the whoops.......

In the firts days he don´t take the whoops.

|

3/21/2018 8:15 AM

B DUB 333 wrote:

Supercross does not require one to be "the fastest."

|