Prado got Covid!

MBR
Edited Date/Time 11/2/2020 5:01am
|
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/24/2020 12:23pm
Man that really blows. I did think that it was weird after he won he mentioned how 'it was hard to push yourself being sick".

I guess that means you can still have top-level stamina and endurance as a professional athlete while having covid..
Keith72
10/24/2020 12:27pm
What do you think his chances of survival are?
Bruce372
10/24/2020 12:28pm
Keith72 wrote:
Better than the 1,000,000+ people that already died from it
mx216
10/24/2020 12:30pm
Man wins race of most physically demanding sport in the world, while sick with the virus shutting down whole world. Sounds like its super dangerous!

Realistically though, bummed for him. I like that guy!

The Shop

CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1788th
10/24/2020 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2020 12:32pm
Keith72 wrote:
😂😂😂

%100 more likely to die while riding
garagedog
Fantasy
687th
10/24/2020 12:45pm
Keith72 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
"with it"
mx196
Fantasy
4082nd
10/24/2020 12:47pm
Pumped to know if I catch it I can win an MXGP moto!
Brent
10/24/2020 1:01pm
Considering Prado's superior world class fitness and diet, It's not surprising that he can race at a high level with the virus. It seems rare that a person with a high fitness level gets gravely ill, at least I have not heard of any.

Meanwhile people with a poor processed food diet, no exercise, and underlying medical conditions are getting extremely sick or worse.

this is a wake up call for the dangers of mass produced and processed garbage food and no exercise, that is the way I see it. in America, 1 in 10 has diabetes, and 89 percent of those people are morbidly obese.

10/24/2020 1:02pm
Keith72 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
You misspelled "with" as "from"
10/24/2020 1:06pm
Brent wrote:
Considering Prado's superior world class fitness and diet, It's not surprising that he can race at a high level with the virus. It seems rare that...
Considering Prado's superior world class fitness and diet, It's not surprising that he can race at a high level with the virus. It seems rare that a person with a high fitness level gets gravely ill, at least I have not heard of any.

Meanwhile people with a poor processed food diet, no exercise, and underlying medical conditions are getting extremely sick or worse.

this is a wake up call for the dangers of mass produced and processed garbage food and no exercise, that is the way I see it. in America, 1 in 10 has diabetes, and 89 percent of those people are morbidly obese.

Really Haha!

Heart disease, diabetes, stroke weren’t. Jesus.

Btw athletes often have low resistance as theyre often under physical stress so much.
cesar_rc4
10/24/2020 1:19pm
What a bummer...
For me this explain his pace at lommel
Tg243 is on fire but i think jp61 is a better sand rider
And jp61 not ride like himself the last races

Im not trying to excuse, tg243 is riding so good and for sure if he continues like this, he deserves the championship
Question
10/24/2020 1:34pm
It was probably early symptoms. He may feel totally flat now.

I hope he fully recovers, it has also been proven that some complications can occur.
mister2dt
10/24/2020 1:36pm
Retake the test. False positives are rampant.
So true... my daughter has been sent home from school 5 times so far due to a classmate testing positive. Only to be allowed back to school a few days later because of false positives. Getting ridiculous.
Tuna
10/24/2020 2:01pm
Brent wrote:
Considering Prado's superior world class fitness and diet, It's not surprising that he can race at a high level with the virus. It seems rare that...

More like 1/3rd are either diabetic or prediabietic.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/24/2020 2:09pm
Man that has to be a hell of a virus if you can have it and win a GP on the toughest track in one of the world's toughest sports

Why doesn't he test again? Good chance its negative on second try. Worked for bogers
mx216
10/24/2020 2:09pm
Brent wrote:

Truthfully, this is exactly how nature tries to keep things in check. Strong survive, weak dont.
MZ193
10/24/2020 2:16pm
Surprised he was allowed to race. Or was the positive test after the race ?
From what i know he has been tested wednesday in the late afternoon, after the race.
10/24/2020 3:04pm
Keith72 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
cheapsmack wrote:
You misspelled "with" as "from"
Do tracks count your tinfoil hat as a helmet?
10/24/2020 3:18pm
Retake the test. False positives are rampant.
Did you see him after the race? I actually wondered if he had it when I watched his interview and he said he was sick, he was really struggling to breathe. I have no doubt that he has it but he is young af, he should recover in no time.
plowboy
10/24/2020 3:35pm
Brent wrote:

mx216 wrote:
Truthfully, this is exactly how nature tries to keep things in check. Strong survive, weak dont.
Just think how much money we could save if we did away with all doctors, hospitals and medical bullshit. Survival of the fittest...or luckiest. (Sarcasm alert).
Keith72
10/24/2020 3:45pm
Brent wrote:

mx216 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Just think how much money we could save if we did away with all doctors, hospitals and medical bullshit. Survival of the fittest...or luckiest. (Sarcasm alert).
Or by switching to GEICO...
10/24/2020 4:02pm
Brent wrote:

mx216 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Well, there Surely wouldn’t be 7 billion people on the planet.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
10/24/2020 4:19pm
Brent wrote:

My mid 30s friend who ran 12 miles a day suffered for weeks and came out of it with heart and lung damage. Maynard from Tool had it in February and still can't kick the cough from it. I also know of a local 99 year old who beat it without many complications in under 2 weeks. Doesn't seem like its sticking to the "I'm young and healthy so it wont be bad" deal.
Brent
10/24/2020 4:55pm
Brent wrote:

Tuna wrote:
More like 1/3rd are either diabetic or prediabietic.
Correct. If you include individuals that are pre-diabetic, the percentage goes up substantially.

Hopefully Prado gets over this soon and can go into 2021 as a challenger to Herlings for a title,
CPR
10/24/2020 5:56pm
Yes he’s young and healthy but it’s still reason for concern!
Plenty of cases of fit people ending up with long term heart- lung issues. Let’s hope he’s not one.
beamer
10/24/2020 6:20pm
Wasn’t it rumored that Cooper Webb had it back in January at A1?
DPR250R
10/24/2020 6:32pm
beamer wrote:
Wasn’t it rumored that Cooper Webb had it back in January at A1?
He had something for sure... they said the flu but who knows.

Post a reply to: Prado got Covid!

The Latest