AB#81 wrote:
Jonass has withdrawn from the last round in imola to have surgery
He already had surgery yesterday.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/27/2018 8:55am
I just don't understand why Jonass didn't wait one more week to get it done. Ya, maybe it seemed a little out of reach, but what if Prado crashed or his bike blew up? He still had a chance, but just gave up. Maybe he didn't care since he's going to Husky next year?
HenryA
9/27/2018 9:21am
Hell yeah! Well deserved!
9/27/2018 9:59am
Well done. He crushed it all year. Looking forward to seeing how he does at MXoN. He will probably be starting a ways in front of the other 250s.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
9/27/2018 10:01am
KTM still goes 1-2 no matter what, so as soon as Jonass felt he couldn't push on I doubt anyone else pressured him to continue.
Motoxdoc
9/27/2018 10:03am
Too bad he can't get a start to save himself!Huh
mpy
9/27/2018 10:58am

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/27/2018 11:15am
His future is so bright we are gonna need shades just to look at him. The last two 17 year old MX2 champs turned out okay you could say.
mmcmx
9/27/2018 11:30am
His comeback from injury and a poor start of the season has been the most fun to watch this year. Awesome job from the kid!
500guy
9/27/2018 11:47am
Prado what an amazing year, at the beginning it looked out of reach but he got better and Jonus got worse.

The crash between him and Jonus well that's just racing.
JFerry
9/27/2018 11:56am
Jonas moving to 450.
Prado will have little opposition next year. With Herlings and Prado, Europe has guarantee domination of motocross for the coming 10 years.
9/27/2018 12:04pm
Awesome rider and well deserved !

Next year gonna be hard for his opponents. With Jonas, Covington, Lawrence moving out, i don’t see any one fighting him for the 2019 title. Maybe Vlaanderen ?

Will be interesting to see which path he follows next (GP or Usa).
JFerry
9/27/2018 12:23pm
On paper Olsen and Vlaanderen. But Vlaanderen is almost in the age limit.
The AMA does not look appeling anymore for top riders. Herlings was heading to the AMA but after last year's america drama, his new objective is beating Everts championship record. At the end, the best wants to be with the best. That's why Redbud is so important. If Tomac, Barcia and Plessinger, and to some extend Rockzen, can keep the pace, the AMA will remain an option for them. The real battle in Europe is in 2-3 years when Prado will be ready for Herlings.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/27/2018 12:27pm
JFerry wrote:
On paper Olsen and Vlaanderen. But Vlaanderen is almost in the age limit. The AMA does not look appeling anymore for top riders. Herlings was heading...
The AMA does not look appeling anymore for top riders. Herlings was heading to the AMA but after last year's america drama, his new objective is beating Everts championship record. At the end, the best wants to be with the best. That's why Redbud is so important. If Tomac, Barcia and Plessinger, and to some extend Rockzen, can keep the pace, the AMA will remain an option for them. The real battle in Europe is in 2-3 years when Prado will be ready for Herlings.
Herlings said he wanted to come to the US at some point had he not had those injuries that kept him from 2 more titles. Those are his words from an interview about a year and a half or 2 years ago. Since he had those injuries and missed those titles, he wants to break GP records held by Everts. Had nothing to do with "America drama." BTW, what drama was that?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
9/27/2018 12:56pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I just don't understand why Jonass didn't wait one more week to get it done. Ya, maybe it seemed a little out of reach, but what...
I just don't understand why Jonass didn't wait one more week to get it done. Ya, maybe it seemed a little out of reach, but what if Prado crashed or his bike blew up? He still had a chance, but just gave up. Maybe he didn't care since he's going to Husky next year?
I haven't read the latest comments to see if someone explained this already, but didn't Prado only need to score like 13 points or so to win the title? I think he had a 37 point lead, right? Instead of risking further knee damage and potentially ruining your career in the long run, I think it's a good decision to get it fixed now rather than banking on Prado having a catastrophic incident happen.
9/27/2018 12:57pm
JFerry wrote:
On paper Olsen and Vlaanderen. But Vlaanderen is almost in the age limit. The AMA does not look appeling anymore for top riders. Herlings was heading...
« If they can keep the pace »: bro which shit are you smoking ?

For the record, Tomac beat the shit out of the GP riders 5 times out of 6 times he partipate to a MXGP race.

Also for the record, Hampshire a merely mid pack rider in 2017 (finished 11 in the Nats), killed the Mx2 field with a 1-1 for his first attendance (on a neutral track).

So please stop saying the all MXGP field dominate the world ! Because that is BS
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/27/2018 1:03pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I just don't understand why Jonass didn't wait one more week to get it done. Ya, maybe it seemed a little out of reach, but what...
I haven't read the latest comments to see if someone explained this already, but didn't Prado only need to score like 13 points or so to...
I haven't read the latest comments to see if someone explained this already, but didn't Prado only need to score like 13 points or so to win the title? I think he had a 37 point lead, right? Instead of risking further knee damage and potentially ruining your career in the long run, I think it's a good decision to get it fixed now rather than banking on Prado having a catastrophic incident happen.
I think he needed to finish 16th or better to clinch it. But even at that, crazier things have happened. He still had a shot at winning, even if it was just a small chance. I see his side to a certain point.
Marcello10
9/27/2018 1:03pm
Awesome rider and well deserved ! Next year gonna be hard for his opponents. With Jonas, Covington, Lawrence moving out, i don’t see any one fighting...

Next year gonna be hard for his opponents. With Jonas, Covington, Lawrence moving out, i don’t see any one fighting him for the 2019 title. Maybe Vlaanderen ?

Olsen could make the final step, third in the championship two years in a row, I’d bet on him
PastranaWho
9/27/2018 3:30pm
Awesome rider and well deserved ! Next year gonna be hard for his opponents. With Jonas, Covington, Lawrence moving out, i don’t see any one fighting...

TKO on the husky
GregDVT
9/28/2018 9:03pm
Wow my Prado jersey just got way cooler. Might have to frame it now
JFerry
9/28/2018 9:59pm
JFerry wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Herlings said he wanted to come to the US at some point had he not had those injuries that kept him from 2 more titles. Those...
Herlings said he wanted to come to the US at some point had he not had those injuries that kept him from 2 more titles. Those are his words from an interview about a year and a half or 2 years ago. Since he had those injuries and missed those titles, he wants to break GP records held by Everts. Had nothing to do with "America drama." BTW, what drama was that?
Don't you think is drama that a 450 rookie gets an unknown bike, unknown championship, starts the last and manage to win?. In recent interviews Herlings stated in very kind words that perhaps, only perhaps the AMA competitiveness is not what he expected.
JFerry
9/28/2018 10:30pm
Now that Jonass moves to the 450, who is going to stop Prado? If we look at the EMX250, the first 3, Lesiardo, Furloti and Fernandez, didn't manage a good year. Fernandez was in a good progression until he got injured and he may not have a team for 2019. Lesiardo and Furloti also may have problems to get a ride. The level is so high that to get to the top is almost impossible for new comers.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
9/28/2018 11:06pm
I remember walking behind Prado in the pits at San Diego a few years back and nobody even looked twice at him. I thought to myself "in a few years this kids going to be a world champion, but right now nobody recognizes him".

and here we are Laughing
ayearinmx
9/28/2018 11:07pm
I remember walking behind Prado in the pits at San Diego a few years back and nobody even looked twice at him. I thought to myself...
I remember walking behind Prado in the pits at San Diego a few years back and nobody even looked twice at him. I thought to myself "in a few years this kids going to be a world champion, but right now nobody recognizes him".

and here we are Laughing
To be fair, he could probably still walk through the pits at San Diego SX and nobody know who he is...
9/29/2018 12:56pm

Yes...a result of the asinine under 23 rule...
9/29/2018 12:58pm
I remember walking behind Prado in the pits at San Diego a few years back and nobody even looked twice at him. I thought to myself...

and here we are Laughing
ayearinmx wrote:
To be fair, he could probably still walk through the pits at San Diego SX and nobody know who he is...
Or line up at an AMA National ang go 15-17 and no one would know who he is...
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
9/30/2018 3:02pm

and here we are Laughing
ayearinmx wrote:
Or line up at an AMA National ang go 15-17 and no one would know who he is...
Jorge wouldn't finish 15-17 but I see your point.

Post a reply to: Prado World Champ

The Latest