Prado

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2020 3:33 PM

Saw a post on Instagram with prado and said he was almost ready for the 2020 season? Is there any way his femur could of healed up and he could be ready for first Mxgp race?

|

1/29/2020 3:58 PM

It’s a long season maybe he’s thinking to ride steady and bank points

|

1/29/2020 4:03 PM

When did his injury happen?

|

1/29/2020 10:26 PM

murray88 wrote:

Compound femur fracture just before Christmas.

|

1/30/2020 2:25 AM

murray88 wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

And he’s already riding?

|

1/30/2020 2:47 AM

murray88 wrote:

And he’s already riding?

I haven’t seen any videos so I doubt it.

|

1/30/2020 3:19 AM

No, he isn't yet and don't expect him doing that before the first GP

|

1/30/2020 3:41 AM

It’s weird because he’s had 0 posts suggesting he broke his femur and then there’s this. No idea when that photoshoot was though.

Photo

|

1/30/2020 4:29 AM

I understand and respect his decision to stay in the GPs and compete for more world titles, but it would have been awesome to see him come to America and race supercross. I've always heard in the few times he has ridden sx, he was FAST.

|

1/30/2020 12:43 PM

I didn’t even know he was injured. Damn. That’s gonna be an extremely tough transition.

|

1/30/2020 2:05 PM

I don't think that is a current picture. He just broke his femur a little over a month ago. I don't know , but maybe he'll try for round 1 , just to try and garner some points? I would think it would still be painful as hell though. Compounded femur , with only 3 months of healing time AND racing , with probably no testing or training? I don't see how that's possible , or even a wise thing to do.

Jorge has a very long and successful career ahead of him , so I hope he doesn't push to hard , to fast. And yeah , he's probably my favorite rider on the planet right now. Been a big fan since his 125 days!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/30/2020 2:36 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't think that is a current picture. He just broke his femur a little over a month ago. I don't know , but maybe he'll try for round 1 , just to try and garner some points? I would think it would still be painful as hell though. Compounded femur , with only 3 months of healing time AND racing , with probably no testing or training? I don't see how that's possible , or even a wise thing to do.

Jorge has a very long and successful career ahead of him , so I hope he doesn't push to hard , to fast. And yeah , he's probably my favorite rider on the planet right now. Been a big fan since his 125 days!

With an injury like this maybe not.

|

1/30/2020 3:38 PM

FWIW - I had a compound fracture of my left femur at age 18. Plated and rod inserted. I was slalom water skiing in 3 1/2 months and riding my MX bike (arguably at a much reduced speed than Jorge).

p.s. My Doctor did NOT endorse that activity..

|

1/30/2020 3:42 PM

AHRMA361 wrote:

FWIW - I had a compound fracture of my left femur at age 18. Plated and rod inserted. I was slalom water skiing in 3 1/2 months and riding my MX bike (arguably at a much reduced speed than Jorge).

Really? That fast? Wow , I thought an injury like that would have taken longer. Not so much the bone itself , but the soft tissue damage. Do you have / had any nerve pain at all from it? I consider myself lucky , as the Femur is one of the bones I haven't broke ( knock on wood! ) But I know it's supposed to hurt like hell.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/30/2020 4:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2020 4:07 PM

AHRMA361 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Really? That fast? Wow , I thought an injury like that would have taken longer. Not so much the bone itself , but the soft tissue damage. Do you have / had any nerve pain at all from it? I consider myself lucky , as the Femur is one of the bones I haven't broke ( knock on wood! ) But I know it's supposed to hurt like hell.

I broke mine but work related but it’s quite painful. and luckily no compound break (I imagine that hurts way worse) just broke from right past my hip down to right above my knee, and cracked my pelvis a little. I have a little nerve damage and minor muscle damage and swelling that never went away (I had it drained a few times, all hardware removed also a year later. I just don’t like going down on that side feel like someone is stabbing you a bunch. With light touches I don’t feel anything hardly there

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

1/30/2020 5:02 PM

If he’s going to break his femur at least do it on a supercross track properly. What nerve. 😉

|

1/31/2020 5:53 AM

AHRMA361 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

I'm sure it wasn't fully healed as x-rays a few months later showed it had areas that had no real calcium build up. Mind you mine was broke in 3 pieces requiring the rod inside the bone and plates/screws outside to line everything up.

I had no feeling from the long incision to back around mid-thigh. I was on crutches for about 6 weeks and my left calf atrophied a bit.

The biggest issue overall was the tip of the rod was at the top of my hip and it would agitate the muscle causing terrible spasms when I move certain ways or when getting up from being on my back or squatting down. Finally had the Doc remove the rod about a year and a half later. That surgery hurt almost as bad as the first one.They use a slide hammer like pulling dents from a car to remove it and it didn't want to move easily. Was black and blue for a few weeks after.

Long term, my left leg ended up a little shorter than my right which puts my hips out of square. I used to wear a lift in my shoe as instructed by my Ortho but eventually didn't bother with it.

|

1/31/2020 5:58 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Well they only have a contract with Thor since januari 1st. When he broke his femur he still rode in Answer gear. So either that is a fill-in rider or (more likely) Prado rode the bike himself for the photoshoot this week. It's already 7 weeks since he broke his leg so it could be him riding the bike.

|

1/31/2020 6:00 AM

When Lewis Phillips was on the pulp show a week or so ago, I believe he mentioned Prado being back around the beginning of April?

|

1/31/2020 6:20 AM

Credit to OTOR

Photo

Photo
Photo

|

2/13/2020 3:25 PM

Looks like he's back on the bike per his IG

Not sure how that's possible or if that means he'll be at round 1 but that is pretty damn crazy if true

|

2/14/2020 11:26 PM

|

2/14/2020 11:59 PM

With still 2 weeks to go till Matterly, i think we will see him there.

Whats other the point to comeback that fast?!

|

2/15/2020 4:24 AM

Wow. I hope it's healed properly and isnt detrimental in the long run. That is super quick.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

2/15/2020 4:33 AM

That's extremely quick. Maybe he wants to score some points like Herlings did in 2017 with his hand injury? Desalle did it one year too with a broken arm (2015?)

|

2/15/2020 5:13 AM

I dont know how he recover that fast... he upload photos training last three days... amazing...

|

2/15/2020 5:32 AM

|

2/15/2020 5:33 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

murray88 wrote:

And he’s already riding?

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

I haven’t seen any videos so I doubt it.

Yes he is riding a littel
https://ridetwice.com/jorge-prado-ya-esta-de-vuelta-en-el-entrenamiento-en-moto/

|

2/15/2020 5:38 AM

That broken femur just did not go well with his agenda.
2 months is about as long as I was off the bike for a broken pinky. pinch

|