Practice track crash

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/14/2020 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2020 5:04pm
Where is the Media on this stuff lately?
Just curious Did any of you read anywhere that Malcolm had a big practice crash before St Louis?
It seems like either during the race or the next day all kinds of stuff is coming out that would be nice to know before the Race starts. Is it because of fantasy?

|
zippytech
1/15/2020 4:13am
He crashes so much it's not news any more.
McG194
1/15/2020 5:07am
zippytech wrote:
If you wanna blow the doors off 3 of the best riders in the world in one set of whoops you are going to throw it on the ground occasionally.
ti473
1/15/2020 5:44am
Yes, I had heard about it prior to the race

The Shop

JustMX
1/15/2020 6:00am
Um,

Why would it matter, except for fantasy or betting?
austin_bo
Fantasy
160th
1/15/2020 8:00am
zippytech wrote:
McG194 wrote:
If you wanna blow the doors off 3 of the best riders in the world in one set of whoops you are going to throw it...
If you wanna blow the doors off 3 of the best riders in the world in one set of whoops you are going to throw it on the ground occasionally.
Boy, was that a sight to see! My jaw hit the floor watching it live. Pete Fox posted it to the gram if you want to relive it. Hope Mookie stays healthy to do it every weekend.

stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
1/15/2020 8:11am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2020 9:29am
It was talked about prior to the race but Mookie did just have one of his best finishes ever. What would Fantasy have to do with media not covering it?
zippytech
1/15/2020 9:02am
zippytech wrote:
McG194 wrote:
If you wanna blow the doors off 3 of the best riders in the world in one set of whoops you are going to throw it...
That is true but in the end it's not about how fast you can run one section of the track. It's about a complete lap 20 times over.
hubbardmx50
1/15/2020 9:07am
Don’t remember where but I definitely heard about it before the race. Would you want your competitors knowing that you’re showing up to the race with a complete disadvantage?
tek14
1/15/2020 10:20am
McG194 wrote:
That moment was gold!
SPODEBOY
1/15/2020 10:47am

Matthes said that he asked about the bike after the practice crash. He was told they just threw it in the trash. LOL.
McG194
1/15/2020 1:21pm
zippytech wrote:
McG194 wrote:
zippytech wrote:
That is true but in the end it's not about how fast you can run one section of the track. It's about a complete lap 20...
That is true but in the end it's not about how fast you can run one section of the track. It's about a complete lap 20 times over.
I have never claimed that he was the worlds best riders, but the worlds best riders have all rewatched the video and wished that they could do what he did.

Also, not for nothing but every team manager in the pits watches him ride and wonders if he is the guy that could unleash that massive potential.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/15/2020 1:48pm
SPODEBOY wrote:

Matthes said that he asked about the bike after the practice crash. He was told they just threw it in the trash. LOL.
There was a major parts failure, that's why no one was talking about it. Nothing anyone on MCR's crew did wrong or anything, just a freak failure which I've never seen before...
McG194
1/15/2020 1:52pm
SPODEBOY wrote:

ML512 wrote:
There was a major parts failure, that's why no one was talking about it. Nothing anyone on MCR's crew did wrong or anything, just a freak...
There was a major parts failure, that's why no one was talking about it. Nothing anyone on MCR's crew did wrong or anything, just a freak failure which I've never seen before...
Please let it not be engine mount related.
jeffro503
1/15/2020 2:42pm
austin_bo wrote:
Boy, was that a sight to see! My jaw hit the floor watching it live. Pete Fox posted it to the gram if you want to...
Boy, was that a sight to see! My jaw hit the floor watching it live. Pete Fox posted it to the gram if you want to relive it. Hope Mookie stays healthy to do it every weekend.

Yep!! That was impressive as hell! Right when I saw that , my first thought was " Holy shit Malcolm.....freakin' haulin' ass! " Lets all those other guys know , they better pick up their whoop game!
hamncheeze
1/15/2020 3:32pm
Donn Maeda talked about it on the SwapmotoLive podcast which was either Thursday or Friday last week. I posted about this in at least one thread, if not two. So it wasn't completely concealed.

BS12
1/15/2020 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2020 3:59pm
ML512 wrote:
There was a major parts failure, that's why no one was talking about it. Nothing anyone on MCR's crew did wrong or anything, just a freak...
Excuse my bluntness here, but we consider you a team manager now, not a media personality. You've quite literally just dangled the fruit here.

A "major parts failure" causing a top level rider to crash and hurt himself is big news. Is the industry so small and protective of itself that no journo is prepared to investigate and report on it?

Earlier in this topic I made an incorrect comment that the MCR boys have had some probs this week (that I've since deleted as my dense self had a moment and forgot that Brayton is now HRC ), but on this, are the two incidents (Brayton's dramas on Saturday night and Mookie's during the week) related at all (Honda/Honda) or completely different?
aeffertz
1/15/2020 4:06pm
Maybe the front fell off.
Kenny Lingus
1/15/2020 4:18pm
Well we know it was a major component not made by Honda and being hush hush I'd guess a sponsors part failed miserably. Question is which one? Guess I'll root through pit bits.
1/15/2020 5:12pm
So a major mechanical failure happened. And someone said “damn never seen that before”

Been around plenty of race tracks to hear that statement. So why keep pestering on specifics ? Let it go!
Johnny Depp
1/15/2020 8:02pm
I love a good conspiracy theory, let's start speculating and see what happens....
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/15/2020 8:42pm
JustMX wrote:
Um,

Fantasy is the Reason why I want to know personally.
And yes I was speculating that maybe the media isn't sharing every thing as much. Because of fantasy. Might sound Crazy but go listen to a pulp podcast right before the season started. And you can hear it right from the horses mouth. JT straight out says I am planning to not play this year and I think I can do a better job and be more open and not try to keep my best info. I'm not sure on the exact words.
But you can tell that he is insinuating that he and others
Are not always fully forthcoming for fantasy purposes.
And I get it. But it always frustrates me when right after the Gate drops. So and so was sick. And Blank had a big get off and couldn't practice all week. And XYZ twisted his knees while riding Hookers bareback. You get the drift.
1/16/2020 3:27pm
Mookie shit himself flying through the whoops at warp speed, it got stuck in the front sprocket and cracked the case.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2020 4:09pm
Mookie shit himself flying through the whoops at warp speed, it got stuck in the front sprocket and cracked the case.
Got a Dread stuck in the Sprocket!
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
1/16/2020 4:28pm
JustMX wrote:
Um,

Tarz483 wrote:
Fantasy is the Reason why I want to know personally. And yes I was speculating that maybe the media isn't sharing every thing as much. Because...
And yes I was speculating that maybe the media isn't sharing every thing as much. Because of fantasy. Might sound Crazy but go listen to a pulp podcast right before the season started. And you can hear it right from the horses mouth. JT straight out says I am planning to not play this year and I think I can do a better job and be more open and not try to keep my best info. I'm not sure on the exact words.
And I get it. But it always frustrates me when right after the Gate drops. So and so was sick. And Blank had a big get off and couldn't practice all week. And XYZ twisted his knees while riding Hookers bareback. You get the drift.
How many media outlets are that serious about fantasy though? There's far more media guys out there than JT. I don't buy it.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2020 4:45pm
JustMX wrote:
Um,

Tarz483 wrote:
Fantasy is the Reason why I want to know personally. And yes I was speculating that maybe the media isn't sharing every thing as much. Because...
stremme12 wrote:
How many media outlets are that serious about fantasy though? There's far more media guys out there than JT. I don't buy it.
Right but fantasy is getting pretty popular.
They have the industry league etc.
So make you wonder.
Did any one hear Barcia was sick?
I didn't until after.
Did y'all hear that Webb was worse not better. ?
And there were a couple more.
I dunno maybe it's not that.
But I don't know if that's better or worse lol.
1. People just not doing a good job of staying up on current events? Or
2.< they know everything because it's a small sport.
With a lot of industry insiders and news travels fast.
But aren't necessarily sharing all the information.
Wich is it?
CivBars
1/16/2020 5:04pm
SPODEBOY wrote:

ML512 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Please let it not be engine mount related.
Careful! Conspiracies and misinformation coming from all over! If it's not #fakenews is it even news at all? From MXA:

"There was a video made by a rider and an industry insider that claimed that the rider DNF’ed the World Vet Championship because his FCP head stays broke. The video got some play, but it was not true. Yamaha confirmed that the rider suffered a major engine failure (which accounted for his DNF) and FCP’s Kris Palm said that neither the head stays nor motor mounts broke, and he had the parts to prove it. The two are lucky not to have been sued."

Post a reply to: Practice track crash

The Latest