Pourcel's fitness

TerryB
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 5:00pm
First, I want to say that I am a big CP fan, much to the dismay of my anti-Frenchie buddies, I pull for him above all others in the 250 class, so this is in no way meant to bash him.

How much of his conditioning issues are his "inability to train due to his injuries", and how much of it is, doesn't want to, doesn't think he needs to?

The fitness issue is/was obviously the big question mark holding up his contract negotiations (if his fitness wasn't in question, he'd be worth the money), IMO.

|
Blake
9/1/2010 10:40am
A broken leg doesnt affect training other shit.

Piss poor excuse. The dude doesn't train. Look at him.
dehner47
9/1/2010 10:42am
ummmm CP had a lil more then a broken leg...
peelout719
9/1/2010 10:44am
i think a lot of it has to do with him not being able to eat anything on race day. don't remember which pit pass video it was, but basically he said he couldn't injest food so he runs out of energy.

blake. piss poor assumption buddy.
Sunhouse
9/1/2010 10:48am
Blake wrote:

How about a broken back and wheelchair for several months? They didn´t even believe he was going to walk at one point. He is still suffering from constant pain that affects his life quality, yet he keep kicking international ass on any motocross track.

I think the guy doesn´t get enough credit for what he does compared to where he´s been in life

The Shop

Blake
9/1/2010 10:49am
dehner47 wrote:
Figure of speech.
Blake
9/1/2010 10:50am
I know Parapalegics that train 3 hours a day in the gym.

From the waist up, you can tell.
flarider
9/1/2010 10:52am
CP was really fucked up.
He had a lot of serious nerve damage and told he might not walk, much less ride.
He beat the odds.

But at what cost?

His body cannot cool itself effectively during a moto, making it easy for him to overheat
His body cannot quickly ingest and process food and liquids quickly.

All of which makes second motos very difficult for him because he can't properly cool down, rehydrate and get nutrients and glucose into his system.

It's not as big a problem in SX, but for outdoors it is a problem, but a problem that he is working out and he's working to adapt processes to overcome it
Highsider
9/1/2010 10:53am
Blake wrote:

Sunhouse wrote:
How about a broken back and wheelchair for several months? They didn´t even believe he was going to walk at one point. He is still suffering...
How about a broken back and wheelchair for several months? They didn´t even believe he was going to walk at one point. He is still suffering from constant pain that affects his life quality, yet he keep kicking international ass on any motocross track.

I think the guy doesn´t get enough credit for what he does compared to where he´s been in life
Blake, you need to research the subject a bit more, before you start blabbering.Cool

Sunhouse, I think you are spot on. Jimmy Button was on PulpMX Monday and said basically the same thing. JB indicated CP's injuries were quite similar to his.
toroP
9/1/2010 10:53am
dehner47 wrote:
CP had a broken person.
peelout719
9/1/2010 11:03am
not to mention in any video or picture of CP you can tell he trains. he is in fit shape for a smaller framed person.

TeamGreen
9/1/2010 11:44am
In the End...

A 450 is only going to exacerbate this/these problems.

I hope he get's on a Honda...very much like a Big 250F (Since we're now hearing that Andrew's out).

But, hey, I'm sure I'm wrong.
PressPassP
9/1/2010 11:47am
flarider wrote:
CP was really fucked up. He had a lot of serious nerve damage and told he might not walk, much less ride. He beat the odds...
CP was really fucked up.
He had a lot of serious nerve damage and told he might not walk, much less ride.
He beat the odds.

But at what cost?

His body cannot cool itself effectively during a moto, making it easy for him to overheat

All of which makes second motos very difficult for him because he can't properly cool down, rehydrate and get nutrients and glucose into his system.

It's not as big a problem in SX, but for outdoors it is a problem, but a problem that he is working out and he's working to adapt processes to overcome it
Yep that's right,it's the nerves that control the body temperature regulation,the sweat glands don't work properly It was a broken pelvis along with broken sacrum and a dislocated shoulder with ligament damage too,yep that's pretty fucked up,I very much doubt he was even thinking about racing again And as for a broken leg,weather a figure of speech or not,that's a lame comment dude Angry
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
9/1/2010 11:58am
CP kicks ass! That's one badass dude.
Ing
9/1/2010 12:13pm
flarider wrote:
CP was really fucked up. He had a lot of serious nerve damage and told he might not walk, much less ride. He beat the odds...
CP was really fucked up.
He beat the odds.

But at what cost?

Are you a doctor? Are you sure those are his exact injuries and those are the problems he suffers from? Prove it. Just thought I'd throw a little back at you of what you always accuse others of. Has he told you he still suffers these problems, or are these assumptions?
TerryB
9/1/2010 12:25pm
flarider wrote:
CP was really fucked up.
He beat the odds.

But at what cost?

Interesting.

Apparently he does some cardio on a bicycle. I was aware of the body cooling difficulties, but unaware of the eating on raceday problems, I was wondering why he runs out of juice so badly in the second motos, that would explain it .

TerryB
9/1/2010 12:27pm
Crash82 wrote:
CP kicks ass! That's one badass dude.
For sure, I'm a fan! Just wondering how this is gonna play out on the 450, and whether he is destined to be an SX only guy.
9/1/2010 1:03pm
flarider wrote:
CP was really fucked up.
He beat the odds.

But at what cost?

Ing wrote:
Are you a doctor? Are you sure those are his exact injuries and those are the problems he suffers from? Prove it. Just thought I'd throw...
Are you a doctor? Are you sure those are his exact injuries and those are the problems he suffers from? Prove it. Just thought I'd throw a little back at you of what you always accuse others of. Has he told you he still suffers these problems, or are these assumptions?
Just facts.
txmxer
9/1/2010 1:57pm
TeamGreen wrote:
In the End... A 450 is only going to exacerbate this/these problems. I hope he get's on a Honda...very much like a Big 250F (Since we're...
In the End...

A 450 is only going to exacerbate this/these problems.

I hope he get's on a Honda...very much like a Big 250F (Since we're now hearing that Andrew's out).

But, hey, I'm sure I'm wrong.
this is truth.

Congrats to CP on all his accomplished since his original injury, but, the issues have to be troubling for a potential factory ride and the 450 is not going to make that easier to deal with.

Hope he gets it all worked out. More top competition is a benefit to us the fans. He's got game.
Ddavis
9/1/2010 2:07pm
Christophe Pourcel is a hero.
mccread
9/1/2010 2:12pm
It is pretty amazing to see how successful Pourcel has been in the US despite his on going health issues... if he was fully healthy as far as being able to cope with the heat etc as fla rider said just imagaine what he could do!

CP is smart and does enough to win... but maybe his physical issues will hamper him in the 450s? that said he is so smart and so talented he may be able to work his way around it and win another title...
Hanaa80
9/3/2010 2:28am
Maybe Pourcel could try to get a SX only deal with KTM? Alessi said he's MX only, so...
9/3/2010 2:49am
peelout719 wrote:
i think a lot of it has to do with him not being able to eat anything on race day. don't remember which pit pass video...
i think a lot of it has to do with him not being able to eat anything on race day. don't remember which pit pass video it was, but basically he said he couldn't injest food so he runs out of energy.

blake. piss poor assumption buddy.
Why can't he eat anything Race day???

As for cardio he can do everything in an air conditioned room, and swimming...How do I know, be cause I broke my back and have the same cooling problems....
burnside
9/3/2010 3:47am
He seemed to be fitter last year, can't remember him struggling so much in second motos when he was beating and battling with Dungey?

Weeks381fan
9/3/2010 3:59am
I'm so sick of hearing excuses for this guy. He came back!. That was his choice!
mccread
9/3/2010 4:05am
Pretty good choice since he is still winning despite not being 100%
tvo314
9/3/2010 5:32am
Way to go Blake! Dumbshit of the month.
stumpjumper
9/3/2010 6:09am
I can relate to the body temp issue,A spinal injury zaps alot of energy from you in the heat,I race 2 hours and i'm spent for two days trying to recover. But i still do it because i love to ride,Wont quit till i can't throw a leg over my bike!
Cook441
9/3/2010 7:46am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2010 7:47am
The good news is... you don't need a full stomache to race SX and the climate is controlled. What you need is precision, control, creativity,speed.. repeat for 20. Sounds like anyone we know?
Camp332
9/3/2010 8:03am
tvo314 wrote:
Way to go Blake! Dumbshit of the month.
Hang on there, buddy. It's only the 3rd day of the month. There will be a shit ton more of dumbshit posted.

Post a reply to: Pourcel's fitness

The Latest