Pourcel vs Musqui

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2010 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2010 7:46 AM

If there´s a chance that pourcel and the rest of the pro circuit guys show off at Glen Helen, theres gonna be a good clash between CP and musquin.

What do u think?

|

4/2/2010 7:47 AM

CP is way better believe me wink

|

4/2/2010 8:09 AM

I've seen both a few times, and CP will handle Musquin, believe me

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

4/2/2010 8:21 AM

Quite contrasting styles, obviously Musquin is no slouch but Pourcel would probably edge it.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

4/2/2010 9:17 AM

I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

4/2/2010 9:22 AM

mccread wrote:

I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both.

Bullshit

Roczen is good, but come on, you're starting to sound like Lenny with James

Join reality

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

4/2/2010 9:25 AM

mccread wrote:

I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both.

flarider wrote:

Bullshit

Roczen is good, but come on, you're starting to sound like Lenny with James

Join reality

I have never seen Roczen ride but just from listening to mccread he is definatley the "fastest man on the planet" bar none.

|

4/2/2010 9:43 AM

mccread wrote:

I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both.

I thing Roczen is fast but he is not fast or consitence like Musquin and Pourcel is Faster than both.
How many Gps Roczen has won?

|

4/2/2010 10:04 AM

Roczen is fast and consitent he won one last year at 15, and two more motos, the youngest ever GP winner. He will be faster this year and he is still only 15 right now.

Roczen had Musquins speed at the end of last yeat, he bet Weimer, Metty at the nations at 15.

He is better than Pourcel was at 15, he could be world champ this year, he is very smart on the bike and rides a bike right.

Speedwise Musquin and Roczen will be pretty close Frossard and hopefuly Simpson and Paulin will be there or thereabout too, maybe Herlings?

I saw Roczen ride 2 weeks ago he is a class act.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

4/2/2010 10:07 AM

mccread wrote:

I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both.

flarider wrote:

Bullshit

Roczen is good, but come on, you're starting to sound like Lenny with James

Join reality

When did you last see Roczen ride in person or even Musquin? I dont think you realise just how good he is already at 15.

He is a genuine World title contender, and would give CP a good run for his money. I wouldn't rule out him winning against CP. CP could beat him on experiance though.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

4/2/2010 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2010 10:47 AM

Mccread, he's your problem, you're not basing your opinion on an apples to apples comparison. You are basing it solely on his results against the Euro's alone. While with CP, we have his results on both sides of the atlantic against both FIM and AMA competitors.

While I know you like to think the Euros are vastly superior in motocross to their American counterparts, facts and data doesn't support it.

The GP racers are very fast and very talented, but he's yet to prove anything against top Americans.

CP has, and has won a SX title and would have won an outdoor title if not for an engine failure.

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

4/2/2010 11:07 AM

I know Roczen is fast just based on his results with the GP's. But its just really hard for me to imagine a kid that was just inside the top ten at Loretta's two years ago in the B class, now beating Christophe Pourcel.

|

4/2/2010 11:12 AM

CP has, and has won a SX title and would have won an outdoor title if not for an engine failure.

While this may be true, I am sick of hearing it. Because, if it didn't blow, and won, then we could say something like Dungey would have won it if it weren't for that 1 bad start, or that 1 crash he had, or whatever. Its like Jeremy would have had a perfect sx season if he had 1 more lap to pass Emig, or did'nt get a bad start. Or Suzuki sx champ if it wasn't for Lamson, a smashed pipe, and a flat tire. Or Ricky another sx champ-ship, but he hurt his knee.

CP might have still not won even if his motor did hold together, see?

|

4/2/2010 11:20 AM

Fine, he won a SX title and 2nd outdoors...happy?

What the fuck ever....what has Roczen done over here?

Oh, that's right...nothing

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

4/2/2010 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:51 PM

flarider wrote:

Mccread, he's your problem, you're not basing your opinion on an apples to apples comparison. You are basing it solely on his results against the Euro's alone. While with CP, we have his results on both sides of the atlantic against both FIM and AMA competitors.

While I know you like to think the Euros are vastly superior in motocross to their American counterparts, facts and data doesn't support it.

The GP racers are very fast and very talented, but he's yet to prove anything against top Americans.

CP has, and has won a SX title and would have won an outdoor title if not for an engine failure.

Yet again you are wrong on many many levels.

1. I don't think "Euros" are vastly superior to Americans they are all a similar ability.. that is why CP, Rattray etc can win in the US!!

2. The point is the actually the opposite Americans and the AMA series is not vastly superior to the World Championship the level is similar.

3. Roczen has nothing to prove he is racing the World Championship and is the youngest GP winner ever - he is that good, unbelievably good for his age.

4. Musquin is that good too they have both beaten the US based riders in the nations including Weimar who beat Pourcel at a couple of races

5. You do not need to race in the USA to prove you are that level if you are at the front in the GPs you are going a similar speed to the AMA guys - it is the world championship.

6. Roczen is on the same level as Pourcel and any other top AMA racer and vice versa- if you don't believe that you are deeply deluded.

7. Also it could be argued the top Americans have yet to prove they are on the same level as Roczen in the World Championship - none of them have raced Ken there.

Pourcel is totally awesome I could watch him ride all day, Roczen is 15 and he is already on a similar level. If you are a top guy in GPs you will be a top guy in the AMA and vice versa.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

4/2/2010 11:31 AM

I have seen Roczen ride quite a few times now in Europe, and the kid is very fast and smooth. For a 15 year old his talent on a dirt bike is extraordinary, however right now I think that Pourcel would win between Roczen and Musquin.

|

4/2/2010 11:32 AM

It's hard to tell, when Pourcel, Cairoli, Searle, Rattray left the class became pretty open. But give Roczen one year and he will smoke them. Pourcel is special for sure, but Roczen is special+special. If he havent peaked yet(which is unlikely at 15yo) he will bring a speed never seen in the gp's. Don't forget Herlings though, he too is something unique.

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se

4/2/2010 11:32 AM

God has spoken.

We can all stop giving opinions now.

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

4/2/2010 11:32 AM


Pourcel has more explosive speed as Musquin. But I think Musquin better fits the longer racetime.

And Roczen? We all have to wait till the end of the season, to know something.

@Mccread: Roczen is twice as fast as all the other riders .... He could even win blindfolded on a 80cc against reed, stewart, dungey, pourcel.
|

4/2/2010 11:33 AM

I bet Rochen can beat Barciawhistling

|

4/2/2010 11:34 AM

mccread wrote:

I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both.

nope

|

4/2/2010 11:36 AM

mccread wrote:

Roczen is fast and consitent he won one last year at 15, and two more motos, the youngest ever GP winner. He will be faster this year and he is still only 15 right now.

Roczen had Musquins speed at the end of last yeat, he bet Weimer, Metty at the nations at 15.

He is better than Pourcel was at 15, he could be world champ this year, he is very smart on the bike and rides a bike right.

Speedwise Musquin and Roczen will be pretty close Frossard and hopefuly Simpson and Paulin will be there or thereabout too, maybe Herlings?

I saw Roczen ride 2 weeks ago he is a class act.

CP was on a 85 at 15... Doesnt mean shit... Dowd at 40 would beat Roczen in Southwick

|

4/2/2010 11:37 AM

Why if I say Roczen could run with Pourcel does that mean I am saying Roczen is the GOAT already ?

I just said I think he could run with him and maybe win it wouldn't surprise me if he did, it wouldn't surprise if Pourcel won either, or even Musquin.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

4/2/2010 11:37 AM

mccread wrote:

Yet again you are wrong on many many levels.

1. I don't think "Euros" are vastly superior to Americans they are all a similar ability.. that is why CP, Rattray etc can win in the US!!

2. The point is the actually the opposite Americans and the AMA series is not vastly superior to the World Championship the level is similar.

3. Roczen has nothing to prove he is racing the World Championship and is the youngest GP winner ever - he is that good, unbelievably good for his age.

4. Musquin is that good too they have both beaten the US based riders in the nations including Weimar who beat Pourcel at a couple of races

5. You do not need to race in the USA to prove you are that level if you are at the front in the GPs you are going a similar speed to the AMA guys - it is the world championship.

6. Roczen is on the same level as Pourcel and any other top AMA racer and vice versa- if you don't believe that you are deeply deluded.

7. Also it could be argued the top Americans have yet to prove they are on the same level as Roczen in the World Championship - none of them have raced Ken there.

Pourcel is totally awesome I could watch him ride all day, Roczen is 15 and he is already on a similar level. If you are a top guy in GPs you will be a top guy in the AMA and vice versa.

#4... Only when CP hit the gate in Denver...

|

4/2/2010 11:39 AM

Listen to the tone of voice when both Matthes and Coppins talk about Roczen here ...

http://www.pulpmx.com/content/btosportscom-twmx-podcast-josh-coppins

Sounds like amazement and admiration to me.

|

The opinions expressed here are possibly not even those of the contributor.

4/2/2010 11:42 AM

flarider wrote:

Mccread, he's your problem, you're not basing your opinion on an apples to apples comparison. You are basing it solely on his results against the Euro's alone. While with CP, we have his results on both sides of the atlantic against both FIM and AMA competitors.

While I know you like to think the Euros are vastly superior in motocross to their American counterparts, facts and data doesn't support it.

The GP racers are very fast and very talented, but he's yet to prove anything against top Americans.

CP has, and has won a SX title and would have won an outdoor title if not for an engine failure.

mccread wrote:

Yet again you are wrong on many many levels.

1. I don't think "Euros" are vastly superior to Americans they are all a similar ability.. that is why CP, Rattray etc can win in the US!!

2. The point is the actually the opposite Americans and the AMA series is not vastly superior to the World Championship the level is similar.

3. Roczen has nothing to prove he is racing the World Championship and is the youngest GP winner ever - he is that good, unbelievably good for his age.

4. Musquin is that good too they have both beaten the US based riders in the nations including Weimar who beat Pourcel at a couple of races

5. You do not need to race in the USA to prove you are that level if you are at the front in the GPs you are going a similar speed to the AMA guys - it is the world championship.

6. Roczen is on the same level as Pourcel and any other top AMA racer and vice versa- if you don't believe that you are deeply deluded.

7. Also it could be argued the top Americans have yet to prove they are on the same level as Roczen in the World Championship - none of them have raced Ken there.

Pourcel is totally awesome I could watch him ride all day, Roczen is 15 and he is already on a similar level. If you are a top guy in GPs you will be a top guy in the AMA and vice versa.

dv12.com wrote:

#4... Only when CP hit the gate in Denver...

It's not easy to do benchracing against you DV12, you seem to have a good memory and know the facts. Good luck to the rest of us

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se

4/2/2010 11:44 AM

mccread wrote:

Roczen is fast and consitent he won one last year at 15, and two more motos, the youngest ever GP winner. He will be faster this year and he is still only 15 right now.

Roczen had Musquins speed at the end of last yeat, he bet Weimer, Metty at the nations at 15.

He is better than Pourcel was at 15, he could be world champ this year, he is very smart on the bike and rides a bike right.

Speedwise Musquin and Roczen will be pretty close Frossard and hopefuly Simpson and Paulin will be there or thereabout too, maybe Herlings?

I saw Roczen ride 2 weeks ago he is a class act.

dv12.com wrote:

CP was on a 85 at 15... Doesnt mean shit... Dowd at 40 would beat Roczen in Southwick

So it doesn't matter he is the youngest GP winner ever? I think it does.

Roczen is nearly as good as CP right now outdoors and he is only 15 I still think he would have a chance at beating him on his day.

CP is unreal but so is Ken.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

4/2/2010 11:48 AM

flarider wrote:

Mccread, he's your problem, you're not basing your opinion on an apples to apples comparison. You are basing it solely on his results against the Euro's alone. While with CP, we have his results on both sides of the atlantic against both FIM and AMA competitors.

While I know you like to think the Euros are vastly superior in motocross to their American counterparts, facts and data doesn't support it.

The GP racers are very fast and very talented, but he's yet to prove anything against top Americans.

CP has, and has won a SX title and would have won an outdoor title if not for an engine failure.

mccread wrote:

Yet again you are wrong on many many levels.

1. I don't think "Euros" are vastly superior to Americans they are all a similar ability.. that is why CP, Rattray etc can win in the US!!

2. The point is the actually the opposite Americans and the AMA series is not vastly superior to the World Championship the level is similar.

3. Roczen has nothing to prove he is racing the World Championship and is the youngest GP winner ever - he is that good, unbelievably good for his age.

4. Musquin is that good too they have both beaten the US based riders in the nations including Weimar who beat Pourcel at a couple of races

5. You do not need to race in the USA to prove you are that level if you are at the front in the GPs you are going a similar speed to the AMA guys - it is the world championship.

6. Roczen is on the same level as Pourcel and any other top AMA racer and vice versa- if you don't believe that you are deeply deluded.

7. Also it could be argued the top Americans have yet to prove they are on the same level as Roczen in the World Championship - none of them have raced Ken there.

Pourcel is totally awesome I could watch him ride all day, Roczen is 15 and he is already on a similar level. If you are a top guy in GPs you will be a top guy in the AMA and vice versa.

dv12.com wrote:

#4... Only when CP hit the gate in Denver...

Will Gautier be ready for the Dutch GP in Holland? I bet you guys are bummed he seemed ready to win this year!

Could he beat Christophe...? wink

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

4/2/2010 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:51 PM

mccread wrote:

Why if I say Roczen could run with Pourcel does that mean I am saying Roczen is the GOAT already ?

I just said I think he could run with him and maybe win it wouldn't surprise me if he did, it wouldn't surprise if Pourcel won either, or even Musquin.

Pourcel is a class act and has proven himself in Europe and now in the U.S. Neither Musquin nor Roczen have done this. Also, he is competing in both supercross and the Nationals, showcasing his all round skills on a bike. Both Searle and Rattray have said in recent past interviews that the intensity is higher in the U.S and that there are more riders that are able to maintain a fast pace throughout the duration of a race.


|

4/2/2010 11:59 AM

mccread wrote:

Will Gautier be ready for the Dutch GP in Holland? I bet you guys are bummed he seemed ready to win this year!

Could he beat Christophe...? wink

Yes and no

|