Pourcel - 2015?

MOTO120
5/20/2014 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2014 10:01am
I know, yet another Pourcel thread BUT I have yet to see this question asked. What if Pourcel gets through this Outdoor series unscathed (healthy) and happens to finish Top 3 overall (let alone the high likelihood of winning the title)......is he racing Supercross in '15? Everything I have read on him has only mentioned this Outdoor series deal, nothing has ever been mentioned about what is beyond this series. Say he does go Supercross racing in 2015, he racing Lites class again?

Ramble on......
|
5/20/2014 1:12pm
He said his goal is to get a good 450 ride for next year. I hope a spot is available for him if he does well.
5/20/2014 1:15pm
I hope,after 3 outdoor-races,you will have the desire to ask your question again.Whistling
jamma10
5/20/2014 1:19pm
I hope he finishes outside of the top ten every race. Dudes a prick.
Grinning

What did he do, steal your girlfriend or something?

The Shop

Huevos
5/20/2014 1:19pm
How is he a prick?
jamma10
5/20/2014 1:21pm
Huevos wrote:
How is he a prick?
Enigma = Prick
Dx3moto
5/20/2014 1:23pm
Pourcel is extremely talented, crafty, mysterious, a great racer, and a nice guy. When you sacrifice everything to come to America, win, crash and become paralyzed, overcome being paralyzed and then win two championship and nearly two outdoor national championships, only to be booed away from the country he left everything for? You wonder why he doesn't like to be social with the fans, people like you calling him a prick, LaBossiereRacing.
hvaughn88
5/20/2014 1:26pm
Labossiere vs pourcel
MT MX
5/20/2014 1:30pm
If he does relatively well, I could see Lanza diving head first into having him on a Valli supercross team. You know he'd continue to get Factory Yamaha backing.
I really hope this time around isn't like with MotoConcepts. I don't think Kehoe would've gotten involved if they didn't have all the right pieces in place.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/20/2014 1:31pm
You are going to be sorely disappointed.
peelout
5/20/2014 1:37pm
MT MX wrote:
If he does relatively well, I could see Lanza diving head first into having him on a Valli supercross team. You know he'd continue to get...
If he does relatively well, I could see Lanza diving head first into having him on a Valli supercross team. You know he'd continue to get Factory Yamaha backing.
I really hope this time around isn't like with MotoConcepts. I don't think Kehoe would've gotten involved if they didn't have all the right pieces in place.
from what i've seen he is putting in the work. i sincerely hope the haters are fed a nice big bowl of crow this season
5/20/2014 1:38pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Labossiere vs pourcel [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/05/20/54354/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Labossiere vs pourcel
Break it Pepe Le Pew
rosebud441
5/20/2014 1:42pm
I dig Pourcel, hope he has a great season and hangs out on the podium..
But geeeze what a Puss, he wears a chest protector, Wink

Le Poop on the Haters..
5/20/2014 1:44pm
I think it will be better than motoconcepts for a few reasons....

He has been riding the new bike for like 4 months this time. Back then it was a totally last minute effort.

That was his first attempt at 450 class racing and it wasn't the best situation. Now he's getting his feet wet in racing again in the 250 class and it seems like this is the closest thing we've seen to the return of factory yamaha.

Lastly, Kehoe is a great team manager and no offense to Vuillemin but he is a very opinionated guy. He's great on pulp but sometimes it seems like dealing with riders can be like walking on eggshells whether it be Pourcel or Ryan Dungey.
Dx3moto
5/20/2014 1:48pm
Pourcel just wants to race on a team where he's happy, and I think when he's happy he does great. He was happy with Pro Circuit, and won 2 titles (and nearly two outdoor titles). I think that when he rode the MCR bike it seemed like a good idea with a fellow Frenchman (DV) and the bike probably felt good at the local tracks, but when he hopped on a national track on that bike it was more than likely ruining his back, and the team probably wasn't happy when he truthfully told them that he didn't like the bike, and he gave them their check and went home. He even mentioned that the '14 Valli bike has a good chassis and suspension. I'm happy to see him racing and on a good bike.
stewie94
5/20/2014 2:00pm
i know i would love to see him line up @ A1 on a 450 next season
jamma10
5/20/2014 2:01pm
Dart Board wrote:
I think it will be better than motoconcepts for a few reasons.... He has been riding the new bike for like 4 months this time. Back...
I think it will be better than motoconcepts for a few reasons....

He has been riding the new bike for like 4 months this time. Back then it was a totally last minute effort.

That was his first attempt at 450 class racing and it wasn't the best situation. Now he's getting his feet wet in racing again in the 250 class and it seems like this is the closest thing we've seen to the return of factory yamaha.

Lastly, Kehoe is a great team manager and no offense to Vuillemin but he is a very opinionated guy. He's great on pulp but sometimes it seems like dealing with riders can be like walking on eggshells whether it be Pourcel or Ryan Dungey.
Both DV and Pourcel are from Marseille and Marseille is known as being quite a unique French city, so you would assume they would have a pretty good understanding of each other (maybe they do) but Pourcel just seems incrediblly independant.

Few French riders seem to have much of a relationship or close bond with him. He's like the lone ranger.
mjskier
5/20/2014 2:15pm
I think things started to fall apart when Christophe told David "You are not my dad!" (TM)
5/20/2014 2:17pm
He does things like no other rider and he likes doing it that way. I think even before motoconcepts DV was always trying to tell him to do things this way or that.... I don't think it makes CP a dick for not liking that.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
5/20/2014 2:18pm
I've stated I don't see it working out, but I really hope I'm wrong. I like Pourcel. Very talented on the bike! Let's hope he can keep it together!
OriolMassot
5/20/2014 2:34pm
And you are a fucking idiot.
5/20/2014 3:19pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Pourcel just wants to race on a team where he's happy, and I think when he's happy he does great. He was happy with Pro Circuit...
Pourcel just wants to race on a team where he's happy, and I think when he's happy he does great. He was happy with Pro Circuit, and won 2 titles (and nearly two outdoor titles). I think that when he rode the MCR bike it seemed like a good idea with a fellow Frenchman (DV) and the bike probably felt good at the local tracks, but when he hopped on a national track on that bike it was more than likely ruining his back, and the team probably wasn't happy when he truthfully told them that he didn't like the bike, and he gave them their check and went home. He even mentioned that the '14 Valli bike has a good chassis and suspension. I'm happy to see him racing and on a good bike.
Good question regarding 2015, I read nothing about it except in this thread.

I miss DV as a team manager too. They were both on a poker table here, a big pot at 70/30 but sometimes bad beats happen. They were both too short in term of preparation to be upfront as a world champ/sx champ wants to be... The second bad beat & all in happened vs. Alessi... DV was maybe too direct, which is kind of normal as they know each other for 15 years, but it works extremelly well with Chilshom, who was close to be top 5-7 every week ends in SX, like RC did to Tickle.
DownSouth
5/20/2014 3:47pm
MOTO120 wrote:
I know, yet another Pourcel thread BUT I have yet to see this question asked. What if Pourcel gets through this Outdoor series unscathed (healthy) and...
I know, yet another Pourcel thread BUT I have yet to see this question asked. What if Pourcel gets through this Outdoor series unscathed (healthy) and happens to finish Top 3 overall (let alone the high likelihood of winning the title)......is he racing Supercross in '15? Everything I have read on him has only mentioned this Outdoor series deal, nothing has ever been mentioned about what is beyond this series. Say he does go Supercross racing in 2015, he racing Lites class again?

Ramble on......
I am pretty sure a 2 time 250 SX champion is not elligible to race 250 SX again.
machine
5/20/2014 5:09pm
I wish the guy the best, smoothest rider i've seen in a long time. A real treat to watch ride.
mom241
5/20/2014 5:23pm
Nothing but a gentleman and a good competitor around me. Happy for both him and Erik.
bd
5/20/2014 5:43pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Pourcel is extremely talented, crafty, mysterious, a great racer, and a nice guy. When you sacrifice everything to come to America, win, crash and become paralyzed...
Pourcel is extremely talented, crafty, mysterious, a great racer, and a nice guy. When you sacrifice everything to come to America, win, crash and become paralyzed, overcome being paralyzed and then win two championship and nearly two outdoor national championships, only to be booed away from the country he left everything for? You wonder why he doesn't like to be social with the fans, people like you calling him a prick, LaBossiereRacing.
Well said. I am a fan, I hope he wins it
5/20/2014 6:31pm
I can honestly say I think this can only go one of two ways. He will either smoke everyone all year long, ride with a sense of purpose and vengeance, quietly go about his normal routine without a lot of noise or he will fail miserably with a half hearted effort. I for one hope it is the prior. "Revenge is a dish best served cold"
IWreckALot
5/20/2014 6:45pm
So why didn't Mitch give pourcel a ride for the outdoors. Is it as simple as Mitch wanting a rider eligible for the 250sx?

I have a difficult time understanding why Mitch doesn't start a 450 effort. It seems cheaper to develop a 450 bike. My best guess is Mitch only wants to participate where he can win and his contract structure likely wouldn't attract a top talent. That along with probably a higher sponsor pressure on the 450.
hvaughn88
5/20/2014 7:33pm
IWreckALot wrote:
So why didn't Mitch give pourcel a ride for the outdoors. Is it as simple as Mitch wanting a rider eligible for the 250sx? I have...
So why didn't Mitch give pourcel a ride for the outdoors. Is it as simple as Mitch wanting a rider eligible for the 250sx?

I have a difficult time understanding why Mitch doesn't start a 450 effort. It seems cheaper to develop a 450 bike. My best guess is Mitch only wants to participate where he can win and his contract structure likely wouldn't attract a top talent. That along with probably a higher sponsor pressure on the 450.
Although I would love to see it, I can't really see where he would gain anything by having a 450 team. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has the most exposure out of any team, 450s included, already. So why jump into the 450s and incur additional expenses?

Post a reply to: Pourcel - 2015?

The Latest