Posts w/ keywords YOU Won't click on!?

donman
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:03am
There are posts here that as soon as I see a certain word(s) or posts made by certain members that I will not click on anymore, like....

JL, JL338, 338, Lawrence, J-Law
JS, JS7, #7, Stewart, Bubba, Bubbles,
Dolan
Over at MotoNews...
Off topic, OT
What if....
What _________ should I get?
2 stroke vs 4 stroke (Who Freakin CARES!?! GO RIDE and have a grin ear to ear!
And any topic that cuts off the question, so that you HAVE to open the thread to finish reading the what it is trying to ask.

Things I will click on....

Posts started by Rupert X, GuyB, ocscottie, lukaitis9 (and ANY other Photogs!)
FoTW
Womens Racing
MXdN, MXoN
RED BUUUUUUUUUB, or any other track Name
Picture of your bike, or Picture of you riding
Anything that seems useful, relevant, or GOOD 'ol bench-racing!!!

I believe we are all here for the same thing, for the most part.... Dirt Bike Racing! Motocross, MX, riding, whatever you want to call it, it is for the most part the same common denominator.

When a good thread goes bad, and someone calls the other an ass-munch, or something else bad and heads toward going back and forth between a few people, I just simply close the thread even if there may be some really good stuff left in the next few pages.

Anyway, are there posts you will or will not click because of the title? OH, and a suggestion for GuyB, can you make the thread visible for the 1st few sentences as in a preview? I have seen this on a few other boards before, makes it easier to decide whether to open it, or just skip the stupidity a lot easier!!! Thanks!

Just to keep it good....

|
Jabjr222
8/24/2010 6:33pm
I think you pretty nailed all the ones I won't click on....

I don't mind all the fighting though... I was on another forum the other day (non moto related) and was amazed at how nice everyone was. One guy said something and was politely told that what he said could have been interpreted as being mean. He then promptly posted again to apologize. It was disgusting!!!

I really don't mind the name calling and the fights. I think it gives this site a unique flavor...
Void Main
8/24/2010 7:05pm
I am boycotting all threads that contain "2T" or "4T" in the title. It's 2-stroke and 4-stroke you dumb sonsabitches!

The Shop

kaw rider9
8/24/2010 7:07pm
And on the eighth day : The NEWB said : Listen to me, I want this place run like I want and the posters to behave like I want!!!

If you don't, I will start threads in the "Moto" section that should be in the "Non Moto" section, complaining about threads in the "Moto" section.....Dot fuggen com.
Spinner
8/24/2010 7:22pm
I don't look at the keywords, I look at the authors.
Easier to bypass the shit that way.
donman
8/24/2010 7:57pm
Spinner wrote:
I definitely agree!

Same with the 2t or 4t, wth is that?

Kaw_Rider, Posters should be unique, but when 100 people start arguing over this or that for 10 pages, they are no longer 'unique'. They then fall into lame ass posters in my opinion.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/25/2010 8:23am
donman wrote:
I definitely agree! Same with the 2t or 4t, wth is that? Kaw_Rider, Posters should be unique, but when 100 people start arguing over this or...
I definitely agree!

Kaw_Rider, Posters should be unique, but when 100 people start arguing over this or that for 10 pages, they are no longer 'unique'. They then fall into lame ass posters in my opinion.
I think 2T is like the secret handshake for the Two-Stroke Taliban.
ATKpilot99
8/25/2010 9:00am
Spinner wrote:
donman wrote:
I definitely agree! Same with the 2t or 4t, wth is that? Kaw_Rider, Posters should be unique, but when 100 people start arguing over this or...
I definitely agree!

2t and 4t or 2 takt 4 takt . Takt is derived from the German word taktzeit which translates to cycle time .... Its on Wikipedia so it must be true .
peelout719
8/25/2010 9:04am
can't help but click on anything started by:

ddavis - just to witness the missed shift points and dropped bow's
lenny and r-acer - just for the sheer amount of suckling
rupertx - literary genius
bobby - to get my fill of vulgarity for the day
Void Main
8/25/2010 10:28am
Spinner wrote:
donman wrote:
I definitely agree!

ATKpilot99 wrote:
2t and 4t or 2 takt 4 takt . Takt is derived from the German word taktzeit which translates to cycle time .... Its on Wikipedia...
2t and 4t or 2 takt 4 takt . Takt is derived from the German word taktzeit which translates to cycle time .... Its on Wikipedia so it must be true .
If you can show me anywhere on the Yamaha or Kawasaki web sites (brands that I own/ride) that describe their bikes as 2T or 4T I'll consider giving it a rest.
user760a
8/25/2010 10:44am
I generally avoid topics with the word "spermbearded" in the title
MX4EVR
8/25/2010 10:52am
donman wrote:
There are posts here that as soon as I see a certain word(s) or posts made by certain members that I will not click on anymore...
There are posts here that as soon as I see a certain word(s) or posts made by certain members that I will not click on anymore, like....

Dolan
Over at MotoNews...
Off topic, OT
What if....
And any topic that cuts off the question, so that you HAVE to open the thread to finish reading the what it is trying to ask.

FoTW
Womens Racing
MXdN, MXoN

I believe we are all here for the same thing, for the most part.... Dirt Bike Racing! Motocross, MX, riding, whatever you want to call it, it is for the most part the same common denominator.

When a good thread goes bad, and someone calls the other an ass-munch, or something else bad and heads toward going back and forth between a few people, I just simply close the thread even if there may be some really good stuff left in the next few pages.

Anyway, are there posts you will or will not click because of the title? OH, and a suggestion for GuyB, can you make the thread visible for the 1st few sentences as in a preview? I have seen this on a few other boards before, makes it easier to decide whether to open it, or just skip the stupidity a lot easier!!! Thanks!

Just to keep it good....

motogeezer
8/25/2010 12:16pm
GuyB wrote:
I think 2T is like the secret handshake for the Two-Stroke Taliban.
You thought you were joking?

motogeezer
8/25/2010 12:20pm
Void Main wrote:
If you can show me anywhere on the Yamaha or Kawasaki web sites (brands that I own/ride) that describe their bikes as 2T or 4T I'll...
If you can show me anywhere on the Yamaha or Kawasaki web sites (brands that I own/ride) that describe their bikes as 2T or 4T I'll consider giving it a rest.
How about this?:

JW381
8/25/2010 12:44pm
I hate the cryptic thread titles, or the ones that start a question. For example:

"A little birdy says FRENCH fries only like RED ketchup."

-OR-

"Ok so, if things stay the way they are..."
*open thread*
"What's gonna change?"

Will click on anything in any forum by MM (see his profile pic as to why)

Or threads pertaining to events or situations that will never happen, like:
"If RC was to come back and race JS and Roger Decoster when he was in his prime, on 2 strokes, with one race at each of their home tracks, but under rainy conditions, with eight 35 minute motos, who would win?"
ocscottie
8/25/2010 12:46pm
JW381 wrote:
I hate the cryptic thread titles, or the ones that start a question. For example: "A little birdy says FRENCH fries only like RED ketchup." -OR-...
I hate the cryptic thread titles, or the ones that start a question. For example:

"A little birdy says FRENCH fries only like RED ketchup."

-OR-

"Ok so, if things stay the way they are..."
*open thread*
"What's gonna change?"

Will click on anything in any forum by MM (see his profile pic as to why)

Or threads pertaining to events or situations that will never happen, like:
"If RC was to come back and race JS and Roger Decoster when he was in his prime, on 2 strokes, with one race at each of their home tracks, but under rainy conditions, with eight 35 minute motos, who would win?"
Cryptic thread titles also bug the shit out of me. Attention whoring at its finest.
SIMX
8/25/2010 1:21pm
Donman, just mention pics attached in your posts title and I'll always click!!Whistling
8/25/2010 1:36pm
I hate Speculation and what if threads! Nothing worse than people arguing for 10 pages about how good RC is going to be on the new Husky only to find out he is sticking with the truck thing!Cool
Void Main
8/25/2010 1:43pm
Void Main wrote:
If you can show me anywhere on the Yamaha or Kawasaki web sites (brands that I own/ride) that describe their bikes as 2T or 4T I'll...
motogeezer wrote:
How about this?: [img]https://www.1977mopeds.com/PDGImages/images/1977_moped_parts_Motul-800-Double-Ester-2-Stroke-Oil-920.jpg[/img][img]http://manicmotocross.ie/store/images/uploads/51001040.jpg[/img]
How about this?:

That's not a motorcycle. I can't ride oil. Show me where my motorcycle vendor refers to their bikes as 2T or 4T in my language and I'll stop. Smile
8/25/2010 2:03pm
Void Main wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
How about this?: [img]https://www.1977mopeds.com/PDGImages/images/1977_moped_parts_Motul-800-Double-Ester-2-Stroke-Oil-920.jpg[/img][img]http://manicmotocross.ie/store/images/uploads/51001040.jpg[/img]
How about this?:

Void Main wrote:
That's not a motorcycle. I can't ride oil. Show me where my motorcycle vendor refers to their bikes as 2T or 4T in my language and...
That's not a motorcycle. I can't ride oil. Show me where my motorcycle vendor refers to their bikes as 2T or 4T in my language and I'll stop. Smile
You have your own language?Dry

Perhaps we should revisit this daughter thing? Let's start with age and pics!

Have her come to STL Supercross next year i will wear a windbreaker!
BobbyM
8/25/2010 2:07pm
donman wrote:
There are posts here that as soon as I see a certain word(s) or posts made by certain members that I will not click on anymore...

Dolan
Over at MotoNews...
Off topic, OT
What if....

FoTW
Womens Racing
MXdN, MXoN

Just to keep it good....

And any topic that cuts off the question, so that you HAVE to open the thread to finish reading the what it is trying to ask

i disagree because it all depends on the poster imho
BobbyM
8/25/2010 2:08pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
I think you pretty nailed all the ones I won't click on.... I don't mind all the fighting though... I was on another forum the other...
I think you pretty nailed all the ones I won't click on....

I don't mind all the fighting though... I was on another forum the other day (non moto related) and was amazed at how nice everyone was. One guy said something and was politely told that what he said could have been interpreted as being mean. He then promptly posted again to apologize. It was disgusting!!!

I really don't mind the name calling and the fights. I think it gives this site a unique flavor...
what the fuck do you know dumbass? Wink
BobbyM
8/25/2010 2:13pm
user760a wrote:
good call...i actually made that word up during one of my brilliant flashes of forum creativity a few years back.

damn word has some legs don't you agree?

Smile
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
8/25/2010 2:38pm
user760a wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
good call...i actually made that word up during one of my brilliant flashes of forum creativity a few years back. damn word has some legs don't...
good call...i actually made that word up during one of my brilliant flashes of forum creativity a few years back.

Smile
afuggenmazing ©
BobbyM
8/25/2010 2:51pm
user760a wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
good call...i actually made that word up during one of my brilliant flashes of forum creativity a few years back. damn word has some legs don't...

Smile
afuggenmazing ©
and another one....hehehe. wappup J?

Post a reply to: Posts w/ keywords YOU Won't click on!?

The Latest