"Postponed" is the current adjective being used

Ozy
I heard the notification letter sent to the riders says the season is Postponed.

As far as how this all plays out . . . It's a mystery
|
Ted722
3/13/2020 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 6:34pm
If I was a betting man, Vegas and Salt Lake to determine the championship. I agree aefffettz. Amazing...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/13/2020 6:23pm
Ozy wrote:
I heard the notification letter sent to the riders says the season is Postponed. As far as how this all plays out . . . It's...
I heard the notification letter sent to the riders says the season is Postponed.

The Shop

Ozy
3/13/2020 6:36pm
Ozy wrote:
I heard the notification letter sent to the riders says the season is Postponed. As far as how this all plays out . . . It's...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
yes, I read this, I also read a bunch of posts speculating it was already cancelled, I asked a friend of mine who's really connected if it was already cancelled and when he asked one of the racers, the racer showed him the letter he got . . .

have a great evening!
Ozy
3/13/2020 6:37pm
Postponed is actually a verb
Thanks for that important info
SEEMEFIRST
3/13/2020 6:39pm
Ozy wrote:
Well, if you want to speak English and shit, it is good info.
Ozy
3/13/2020 6:41pm
Ozy wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Evil
3/13/2020 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 6:44pm
Adjective form of a verb if used to modify a noun: Sliced Carrots, Filtered Water, Postponed race/season
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/13/2020 6:47pm
Ozy wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Ozy wrote:
yes, I read this, I also read a bunch of posts speculating it was already cancelled, I asked a friend of mine who's really connected if...
yes, I read this, I also read a bunch of posts speculating it was already cancelled, I asked a friend of mine who's really connected if it was already cancelled and when he asked one of the racers, the racer showed him the letter he got . . .

have a great evening!
The first post in that thread has a link to an article published in Racer X from Feld Entertainment.

It doesn't get more official than the one's who put on the series.
toroP
3/13/2020 6:54pm
Adjective form of a verb if used to modify a noun: Sliced Carrots, Filtered Water, Postponed race/season
I’m damned impressed.
Wink
kkawboy14
3/13/2020 7:04pm
Ozy wrote:

I prefer postponing over canceling
slipdog
3/13/2020 7:08pm
Ozy wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Always trust the weird one...

Nuffsaid
3/13/2020 7:22pm
Postponed in money grubber language means “ shit outta luck, get over it and get a life”
Nairb#70
3/13/2020 8:39pm
I just hope the the mx definition of postponed does not mean postpone the Nationals.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
3/13/2020 10:51pm
there sounds like there are a number of ways this could play out.
1. they could play double headers at the last rounds or
2. run some midweek races or
3. even work with MXSports to scoot the outdoors to the right or mix in some SX rounds during the outdoors
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/13/2020 11:10pm
Could it technically be considered and adverb?
Bearuno
3/14/2020 12:15am

Postpone :

verb

past tense: postponed; past participle: postponed

Cause or arrange for (something) to take place at a time later than that first scheduled.

eg: "the event had to be postponed for some time"
toroP
3/14/2020 6:22am
Bearuno wrote:
[b]Postpone :[/b] verb past tense: postponed; past participle: postponed Cause or arrange for (something) to take place at a time later than that first scheduled. eg...

Postpone :

verb

Cause or arrange for (something) to take place at a time later than that first scheduled.

“The postponed event was later cancelled.”

postponed=adjective
cancelled=verb

(Online classes due to Vital State University campus closing)
mxridr
3/14/2020 7:03am
This season is over

NBA
NCAA
MLB
NHL
MLS

The biggest sports leagues on all of Earth, are cancelled. You think tiny little supercross (in comparison) is going to continue on?

Now what happens when we get to outdoors? Are they going to say, "Oh, well we didn't finish SX, so we're just going to finish the SX season instead of start the Nationals" Not happening!

Hey, it's not what I want either - but this is reality. Award the championship to the current points leader.

Question
3/14/2020 7:04am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2020 7:06am
Bearuno wrote:
[b]Postpone :[/b] verb past tense: postponed; past participle: postponed Cause or arrange for (something) to take place at a time later than that first scheduled. eg...

Postpone :

verb

toroP wrote:

postponed=adjective
cancelled=verb

Gramatically we will also more often say that :

cancelled=past participle (which is a declension of a verb)

It looks like we are back to the off season Wink
lawson34
3/14/2020 8:27am
Daytona cup race was postponed a few years back for the summer race for the smoke from wild fires, they never offered refunds so we made another trip down there in October... My thinking is which I'm probably wrong if they're offering refunds that race is canceled... total speculation on mypart tho..
500guy
3/14/2020 8:50am
Postponed, delayed, put off, at a later date, stay tuned, same bat channel ,
EngIceDave
3/14/2020 9:18am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2020 9:19am
lawson34 wrote:
Daytona cup race was postponed a few years back for the summer race for the smoke from wild fires, they never offered refunds so we made...
Daytona cup race was postponed a few years back for the summer race for the smoke from wild fires, they never offered refunds so we made another trip down there in October... My thinking is which I'm probably wrong if they're offering refunds that race is canceled... total speculation on mypart tho..
They are offering refunds to spectators only at the events that were cancelled, there will be NO RACING at those venues....stick a fork in 'em

That doesn't mean the total number of events still won't reach 17 by being rescheduled and relocated, because that is the plan as of now.

Ain't no going back to Indy, ain't no going back to Detroit, and the others, at least this year

Two venues are NOT cancelled, nor even postponed (as of now), Las Vegas and SLC
Ozy
3/14/2020 10:34am
lawson34 wrote:
Daytona cup race was postponed a few years back for the summer race for the smoke from wild fires, they never offered refunds so we made...
EngIceDave wrote:
They are offering refunds to spectators only at the events that were cancelled, there will be NO RACING at those venues....stick a fork in 'em That...
They are offering refunds to spectators only at the events that were cancelled, there will be NO RACING at those venues....stick a fork in 'em

That doesn't mean the total number of events still won't reach 17 by being rescheduled and relocated, because that is the plan as of now.

Ain't no going back to Indy, ain't no going back to Detroit, and the others, at least this year

Two venues are NOT cancelled, nor even postponed (as of now), Las Vegas and SLC
SLC and Vegas are relatively close to each other. IF they are planning multiple rounds at each venue I hope they go back and forth from week to week (Like A1 --> other venues --> back for A2) so they can change up the tracks

Thanks Dave
toroP
3/14/2020 10:50am
Bearuno wrote:

Postpone :

verb

toroP wrote:

postponed=adjective
cancelled=verb

Question wrote:
Gramatically we will also more often say that : cancelled=past participle (which is a declension of a verb) It looks like we are back to the...
Gramatically we will also more often say that :

cancelled=past participle (which is a declension of a verb)

It looks like we are back to the off season Wink
SX fans are screwed. We are screwed fans.

Post a reply to: "Postponed" is the current adjective being used

The Latest