Skerby
9/16/2014 11:55am

09 sx trail. Killer mini DH bike.
Camp332
9/16/2014 12:25pm
Lots of downhill bikes in here yo!
IWreckALot
9/16/2014 12:34pm
This is my Cannondale Trail5! Just got it a few weeks ago. I do wear a helmet btw, this pic was taken the first day I...
This is my Cannondale Trail5! Just got it a few weeks ago. I do wear a helmet btw, this pic was taken the first day I got it. Here's some goodies I got on the mail yesterday. Easton Havoc 1.5" stem, Sette bar ends & Wellgo pedals. This is a Scwhinn Mesa I picked up for my wife the same day. I'm just getting back into Mtn biking & I'm loving it. Once I get better, I'll upgrade to a full suspension bike.

It's been awhile since you posted this so I hope you see this.

I have the Trail SL3 29er. How do you like the Easton Havoc 1.5" stem? That is shorter than the stock stem right? I've been having problems with my hands going to sleep and some saddle issues that I think comes from too long of a stem. I was thinking about shortening it. Did you ride with the stock stem at all?

Also, what size of frame did you get and how tall are you? Sorry for playing 20 questions. Ha.
wydopen
9/16/2014 12:42pm
IWreckALot wrote:
It's been awhile since you posted this so I hope you see this. I have the Trail SL3 29er. How do you like the Easton Havoc...

I have the Trail SL3 29er. How do you like the Easton Havoc 1.5" stem? That is shorter than the stock stem right? I've been having problems with my hands going to sleep and some saddle issues that I think comes from too long of a stem. I was thinking about shortening it. Did you ride with the stock stem at all?

Also, what size of frame did you get and how tall are you? Sorry for playing 20 questions. Ha.
Try raising your bars if your hands/arms are falling asleep..either add some spacers under your stem or get taller bars

normally shortening your stem is always a good call for aggressive riding but it really depends on your top tube length......bikes are getting longer front ends now which allow for a shorter stem but many older bikes, especially xc bikes are going to be too short if you threw a 50mm stem on...all depends on your size and your bikes size

The Shop

Bike Rat
9/16/2014 12:54pm
My ride. trek fuel ex 9.7 American made carbon frame. 650b wheel up front, and a tall 2.4 26" tire on the back

IWreckALot
9/16/2014 12:54pm
wydopen wrote:
Try raising your bars if your hands/arms are falling asleep..either add some spacers under your stem or get taller bars normally shortening your stem is always...
Try raising your bars if your hands/arms are falling asleep..either add some spacers under your stem or get taller bars

normally shortening your stem is always a good call for aggressive riding but it really depends on your top tube length......bikes are getting longer front ends now which allow for a shorter stem but many older bikes, especially xc bikes are going to be too short if you threw a 50mm stem on...all depends on your size and your bikes size

I'll try that before I get a new stem. I hadn't thought about rotating the bars back although seems like it shoulda been common sense. My bike is a 13 model so it's pretty new. I actually asked about the stem awhile back but never followed through with it.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
9/16/2014 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2014 12:57pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I'll try that before I get a new stem. I hadn't thought about rotating the bars back although seems like it shoulda been common sense. My...
I'll try that before I get a new stem. I hadn't thought about rotating the bars back although seems like it shoulda been common sense. My bike is a 13 model so it's pretty new. I actually asked about the stem awhile back but never followed through with it.
Is your seat slid all the way front on the rails? Poor man's way of testing a shorter reach to the bars before buying another stem.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
9/16/2014 1:01pm
peelout wrote:
sorry to take over, but i'm in the market for a good dirt tire that will last on the pavement too. any thoughts?
Take a look at the Geax Saguaro. It rolls exceptionally well on hardpack and pavement and does not suffer much in the dirt. Granted, any tire that has closely spaced blocks is giving up something in the loose stuff to roll better on the hard, but...

I have the Saguaro's on my one bike and Maxxis Ardent's on my other. The Maxxis are friggin monster truck tires on the pavement compared to the Saguaro's.
KGAspeed
9/16/2014 1:09pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I'll try that before I get a new stem. I hadn't thought about rotating the bars back although seems like it shoulda been common sense. My...
A big trend now is to go with a 50mm stem and wide bars. It's awesome. I have a 50mm Thomson and 780mm Raceface SixC bars. It gives you a much better feel and improved handling - makes the mtb feel more 1:1 with steering.
rosebud441
9/16/2014 2:05pm
Skerby wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/09/16/65246/s1200_image.jpg[/img] 09 sx trail. Killer mini DH bike.

09 sx trail. Killer mini DH bike.
Nice bike Skerby. Ever get up to Stevens or Whistler Bike parks?
Skippie
9/16/2014 2:41pm
May get a good deal on a 2013 Giant Glory. 1600 with everything but forks!!
visser62
9/16/2014 3:29pm
i

I posted a picture of my bike in this thread right after I got it, but since this thread has come up again, here's a better picture in front of Mount Saint Helens.
Skuzzy29
9/16/2014 4:16pm

My Santa Cruz VP Free loaded up for a morning ride.
KGAspeed
9/16/2014 4:53pm
I demo'd this '15 Yeti SB5c this past weekend. Retail on this bike? Just shy of $10,000 with the Enve wheels. I can't believe it. Even without the wheels its still $6599.

I don't get it - brought it up to the dealer that was there and told him I could buy a new KTM for that price (close to it) and he went on a tangent trying to convince me that it was a great deal because of all the world-winning-tech going along with the price. Claimed it would be like owning Roczen's actual factory 450.

Um, not really pal.

Steakhead
9/16/2014 5:15pm
KGAspeed wrote:
I demo'd this '15 Yeti SB5c this past weekend. Retail on this bike? Just shy of $10,000 with the Enve wheels. I can't believe it. Even...
I demo'd this '15 Yeti SB5c this past weekend. Retail on this bike? Just shy of $10,000 with the Enve wheels. I can't believe it. Even without the wheels its still $6599.

I don't get it - brought it up to the dealer that was there and told him I could buy a new KTM for that price (close to it) and he went on a tangent trying to convince me that it was a great deal because of all the world-winning-tech going along with the price. Claimed it would be like owning Roczen's actual factory 450.

Um, not really pal.

You get what you pay for with bikes. Spend it all up front and you will spend a lot less in the long run. Those ENVE wheels are bombproof and 1/2 the weight of any aluminum wheels out. Its sickening to think about the money aspect but I know retail wise my road and MTB are both equal to or more than my RMZ450. Spend the money up front and your components last longer and work better same as your suspension..
That SB5c is nasty, the SB6c is even nastier!
Huey497
9/16/2014 6:32pm
2014 GT Sensor 9R 2.0. My first real mountain bike. It's fairly entry level, but good enough for me at this point. Fun bike.

IWreckALot
9/16/2014 6:39pm
peelout wrote:
sorry to take over, but i'm in the market for a good dirt tire that will last on the pavement too. any thoughts?
FGR01 wrote:
Take a look at the Geax Saguaro. It rolls exceptionally well on hardpack and pavement and does not suffer much in the dirt. Granted, any tire...
Take a look at the Geax Saguaro. It rolls exceptionally well on hardpack and pavement and does not suffer much in the dirt. Granted, any tire that has closely spaced blocks is giving up something in the loose stuff to roll better on the hard, but...

I have the Saguaro's on my one bike and Maxxis Ardent's on my other. The Maxxis are friggin monster truck tires on the pavement compared to the Saguaro's.
Kenda small block bro. . . I've had this tire on for quite some time. I've never washed on the dirt and I've logged close to 1,000 miles on the concrete with it. It's starting to show a good bit of wear but I've put a good bit of miles on these tires. Tough for me to want to try anything else. If you ride in sandyish conditions, you might start having issues. .
IWreckALot
9/16/2014 6:45pm
IWreckALot wrote:
FGR01 wrote:
Is your seat slid all the way front on the rails? Poor man's way of testing a shorter reach to the bars before buying another stem.
I was noticing that the seat seemed so make me want to slide towards the bars and that put extra pressure on my hands. I adjusted the seat all the way forward and tilted it up. Took some of the pressure off but my hands are still going to sleep slightly. I also tried switching to ergo grips. I almost want to suggest that the bike size is too big for me but if I get a smaller frame, my knees will be in my chest. I'm 6'0 and ride a large frame. Maybe I just need to man up and ride the damn thing and not worry about my hands going to sleep.

Rode 22 miles today on the road actually. Legs were flat but it's nice to get out and ride regardless.
wow123
9/16/2014 8:15pm

Japanese 24" Yamaha motorbike copy, rare as hens teeth, cant find any info
drum brakes whoo hoo
"real" suspension
proper seat
hi tech 3 speed hub
weighs a ton

might try to get one of those electric mtr hubs

KGAspeed
9/16/2014 8:29pm
Steakhead wrote:
You get what you pay for with bikes. Spend it all up front and you will spend a lot less in the long run. Those ENVE...
You get what you pay for with bikes. Spend it all up front and you will spend a lot less in the long run. Those ENVE wheels are bombproof and 1/2 the weight of any aluminum wheels out. Its sickening to think about the money aspect but I know retail wise my road and MTB are both equal to or more than my RMZ450. Spend the money up front and your components last longer and work better same as your suspension..
That SB5c is nasty, the SB6c is even nastier!
Nope, not to that extent. Do you really think you need to spend 10k to get a decent bike that will "last for years".

I have a Yeti SB95a with the Race Build Kit. All Shimano XT, Fox Kashima suspension, Stan's ArchEX wheels (BTW, Enve wheels aren't half the weight) and it cost me $2800 out the door (it was a demo). 1300 miles this year, 185k feet of elevation gain (Strava, bro) and it's been bomb-proof.

No way on earth you could justify 10k on a bike-with-pedals to me. There are countless options from the $3000-5k range that are just as solid, and then some.

I'm a fan of Yeti, but they're pricing me out of their demographic pretty quickly.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
9/16/2014 8:47pm
Haha, all good. I'm 5'11", 200# and it's a Large frame. 26" wheels to. Yea I rode with the stock stem for a month or so. The new stem is 65mm. It helped a lot, mainly with my neck & back on long rides. I have that problem with numbness in my hands as well. I actually had to switch grips to which made the difference there. My buddy recommended me getting grips with the palm extension, so you can rest your hands flat. Those made a world of difference. Try a set.

GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
9/16/2014 8:48pm
This is my Cannondale Trail5! Just got it a few weeks ago. I do wear a helmet btw, this pic was taken the first day I...
This is my Cannondale Trail5! Just got it a few weeks ago. I do wear a helmet btw, this pic was taken the first day I got it. Here's some goodies I got on the mail yesterday. Easton Havoc 1.5" stem, Sette bar ends & Wellgo pedals. This is a Scwhinn Mesa I picked up for my wife the same day. I'm just getting back into Mtn biking & I'm loving it. Once I get better, I'll upgrade to a full suspension bike.

IWreckALot wrote:
It's been awhile since you posted this so I hope you see this. I have the Trail SL3 29er. How do you like the Easton Havoc...

Forgot to quote you. See above Dizzy
Steakhead
9/16/2014 9:05pm
KGAspeed wrote:
Nope, not to that extent. Do you really think you need to spend 10k to get a decent bike that will "last for years". I have...
Nope, not to that extent. Do you really think you need to spend 10k to get a decent bike that will "last for years".

I have a Yeti SB95a with the Race Build Kit. All Shimano XT, Fox Kashima suspension, Stan's ArchEX wheels (BTW, Enve wheels aren't half the weight) and it cost me $2800 out the door (it was a demo). 1300 miles this year, 185k feet of elevation gain (Strava, bro) and it's been bomb-proof.

No way on earth you could justify 10k on a bike-with-pedals to me. There are countless options from the $3000-5k range that are just as solid, and then some.

I'm a fan of Yeti, but they're pricing me out of their demographic pretty quickly.
You just hit the nail on the head. You bought a demo because you got more for less, go by the KTM factory used and you are getting more for less. You upgrade your race build yeti to XTR and enves or SRAM X1 and enves I bet those strava times drop.
wow123
9/16/2014 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2014 9:54pm
oh my real bike s/h trek stp400 xtr/mavic $1200, no way I'm paying even 5k, does everything I need

and what I nearly rode thru the other week, body is about the size of your little finger and web stretches across 1.5 metres
not scared of spiders but I did not want that wrapped around me 10 ks from anywhere!
that is at head height on a bike too.

visser62
9/16/2014 9:54pm
peelout wrote:
FGR01 wrote:
Take a look at the Geax Saguaro. It rolls exceptionally well on hardpack and pavement and does not suffer much in the dirt. Granted, any tire...

IWreckALot wrote:
Kenda small block bro. . . I've had this tire on for quite some time. I've never washed on the dirt and I've logged close to...
Kenda small block bro. . . I've had this tire on for quite some time. I've never washed on the dirt and I've logged close to 1,000 miles on the concrete with it. It's starting to show a good bit of wear but I've put a good bit of miles on these tires. Tough for me to want to try anything else. If you ride in sandyish conditions, you might start having issues. .
Schwalbe Rocket Rons or Nobby Nics.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/16/2014 10:15pm
KGAspeed wrote:
Nope, not to that extent. Do you really think you need to spend 10k to get a decent bike that will "last for years". I have...

Steakhead wrote:
You just hit the nail on the head. You bought a demo because you got more for less, go by the KTM factory used and you...
You just hit the nail on the head. You bought a demo because you got more for less, go by the KTM factory used and you are getting more for less. You upgrade your race build yeti to XTR and enves or SRAM X1 and enves I bet those strava times drop.
Lol
mmcmx
9/17/2014 1:26am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2014 1:27am
Just recently purchased the xc world champ...now I just lack Absalon's legs...haha

I love my girls Smile

tek14
9/17/2014 1:50am
Couple more weeks and doctor will release me to ride. Mountains in Spain are waiting.

Post a reply to: Post a picture of your Mountain Bikes

The Latest