Possibly my last KTM-Things are looking better though!

user760a
7/5/2018 2:52pm
I think the case was improperly machined prior to the pressing in of the steel sleeve
Steadman
7/5/2018 3:35pm
A little update, and I appreciate the positive feedback and encouragement from a few of the members here.

I got back in touch with my dealer and they went into action right away. KTM has since followed up with apologies for not getting back to me. Apparently they have been having issues with their phone and message system. The gentleman I spoke with was amazing to deal with and it looks like we are on the path to getting somewhere.

For the guys crapping on me. I've been doing this 20+ years. My mechanical failures have includes flat tires and that's it. I'm quite meticulous when it comes to maintaining my rides.
This bike took me many years to save up for and purchase. You can't blame a guy to be bummed when your new baby is down and out. I have been nothing but calm, cool and polite with both the dealer and KTM. I didn't go in guns blazing.

I'll share an update once it everything gets sorted.

Much ty
7/5/2018 3:50pm
Steadman wrote:
A little update, and I appreciate the positive feedback and encouragement from a few of the members here. I got back in touch with my dealer...
A little update, and I appreciate the positive feedback and encouragement from a few of the members here.

I got back in touch with my dealer and they went into action right away. KTM has since followed up with apologies for not getting back to me. Apparently they have been having issues with their phone and message system. The gentleman I spoke with was amazing to deal with and it looks like we are on the path to getting somewhere.

For the guys crapping on me. I've been doing this 20+ years. My mechanical failures have includes flat tires and that's it. I'm quite meticulous when it comes to maintaining my rides.
This bike took me many years to save up for and purchase. You can't blame a guy to be bummed when your new baby is down and out. I have been nothing but calm, cool and polite with both the dealer and KTM. I didn't go in guns blazing.

Much ty
I can vouch that your bikes are gently ridden.....
peelout
7/5/2018 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2018 3:59pm
Steadman wrote:
A little update, and I appreciate the positive feedback and encouragement from a few of the members here. I got back in touch with my dealer...

Much ty
seeing you're from Canada, when can Vital expect to see a "Steadman's apology to KTM" thread from you?

ala DDavis

The Shop

Steadman
7/5/2018 6:13pm
Steadman wrote:

Much ty
Omg dude. Lurker!! Laughing Bah!
7/5/2018 6:23pm
Steadman wrote:

Much ty
Steadman wrote:
Omg dude. Lurker!! Laughing Bah!
Baah?
resetjet
7/5/2018 6:26pm
Pds chains need to be about falling off loose if you are jumping with them. Any kind of tight will cause this.
RACERX69
7/5/2018 6:41pm
Over the last 7 years, I've had 3 KTM's and currently own a Husky(all 2 strokes). Besides a failed stator on one of the KTM's, all have been extremely reliable. Since I'm a 2-stroke only guy, other than Yamaha, I wouldn't ever consider buying a Jap bike. Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda simply don't offer anything I'm interested in buying. Until this changes, the Austrian's will continue to receive my $$
yz133rider
7/5/2018 8:17pm
Try getting any thing warrantied on a Honda yamaha suzuki kawi like this.

I had an engine grenade with 5 hrs on it on a yz250 and was told to pound sand nothing we can do by the dealer and yamaha because it had been more than 30 days
Forty
7/5/2018 9:03pm
My 1982 yz 250 dripped oil in my van after only a few rides. I took it back to the dealer, Vickery Yamaha, and they said a small crack had developed and one of the cases needed to be replaced, defective,

Yamaha handled it. No charge.

I purchased a lot of bikes from Vickery over the years....good people.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/5/2018 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2018 9:45pm
yz133rider wrote:
Try getting any thing warrantied on a Honda yamaha suzuki kawi like this. I had an engine grenade with 5 hrs on it on a yz250...
Try getting any thing warrantied on a Honda yamaha suzuki kawi like this.

I had an engine grenade with 5 hrs on it on a yz250 and was told to pound sand nothing we can do by the dealer and yamaha because it had been more than 30 days
A dude in the tech section just had an issue with his 18 yz450. Dealer couldn’t figure out the problem so Yamaha got him a brand new motor and took the old one back to diagnose themselves.
lumpy790
7/6/2018 4:52am
Chain was too tight.
Had a friend did that with a new CR250 and I Told him it was to tight too.

Post a reply to: Possibly my last KTM-Things are looking better though!

The Latest