Possible new motocross and offroad truck track in Southern California...

LBrooks
2/2/2018 5:00pm
We use to ride out there I. The 80’s.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
171st
2/2/2018 7:44pm
Email sent. This is the type of stuff that should be getting 20+ pages.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
2/2/2018 9:49pm
Prado Raceway needs your support. If you support Prado Raceway and our mission to bring family friendly, all-age and experience motorsport tracks to Southern California please take 30 seconds and send an email to Brett Dawson at bdawson@rivco.org
captmoto
2/2/2018 10:21pm
Not going to lie, I had to look up what that was
It was like Saddleback in soil composition. Hard, hard clay pack in the summer. Could be fun if moist but I remember hard pack and dusty.
Prado is about a 30 minute ride for me.

The Shop

Lightning78
2/3/2018 4:47am
dimetime wrote:
Man, l used to ride and off road out there back in the day. It would be awesome. Saddleback 2 was cool and this is just...
Man, l used to ride and off road out there back in the day.

It would be awesome. Saddleback 2 was cool and this is just a bit further.

Being right near the beach every mile counts.
I couldnt agree more about every mile counts when youre coming from Huntington Beach....

Ill say this......you know whats great about living in HB and having moto as your main passion? The drive home after a great day to come home with the perfect temp and thick heavy ocean air. After youve unloaded and taken a hot shower with an ice cold Shower Beer I'd just hop on my Beach Cruiser or my Big Ripper (29" BMX) and go downtown for some great food & drinks.....in a sense, life couldnt have been more perfect than those days.

The worst part about living in HB? That long ass drive out to the track in the morning and I used to LOVE being able to ride Saddleback #2....it was so close to home and virtually traffic free, if I wanted to I could easily have taken city streets all the way to Chapman just as easy as taking the Freeway. At that beautiful slice of time when Saddleback #2 opened to when it closed.. I was a full time student at CSULB and working 45+ hours 6 days a week at Long Beach Motorsports (Before Del Amo bought and ruined the old school local shop feel it still had) and as the main parts guy I was getting cost +10% on anything I needed, had a full closet full of riding gear hanging on coat and pants hangars was literally riding 3 times a week!! (2 night practices a week and one full-day Sunday) I go sooooo fast I could hang with any legit Socal Intermediate (not the freak of nature phenoms LOL) and was clicking off at least 2-3 20-25 minute motos w/o getting that worked and burning 4 gallons of premix in 3-4 hours.

Im not sure what your thoughts are on the Pacific City atrocity and the accompanying MASSIVE apartment complex they built just behind it....im not talking a couple hundred units, this place is upwards of like 516 units and the City somehow allowed a developer to JAM PACK all 516 plus units into one city block, literally placing at least 1,000 new residents at ground zero for massive beach congestion, something HB has managed to avoid up until now and IMO it completely ruined HB its seriously overcrowded, congested and main st has lost its local-brah vibe it used to have.

I just moved back to Norcal after being in Huntington Beach for 18 years and never more than 1/2 mile and mostly 1-3 City blocks from that beautiful beach and ocean....now im up in bfe....also known as Linden re-acquainting and spending a ton of time with my parents and whats left of my famile....Grandma, cousins, sister/neice so thats been nice, plus helping my parents out with everything around the house since theyre both almost 10 years into retirement

Just got a nice low hour 2003 KX250 for $1500 but I dont have any more riding buddies up here and ironically have further to drive for any moto up here.......and its soooo weird living in an area where NOBODY takes riding for fun that seriously.....its like guys 5-10 years younger than me saying they're "Too old and fat" ...."My wife made me sell my bike" or only wanna go once a month with the seriousness of that non riding persons stereotypical image of a dirtbiker.....ride for 20 mins on easy trails and stop to have a beer or smoke too much pot...ride another 30 mins an repeat. NOBODY is down to ride the Track and lay down some motos, twist grip..."if my wheels have to leave the ground while riding im not cool with that at all" was a quote i was told by someone that claimed to be serious about getting gnarly lol.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
171st
2/3/2018 1:49pm
I couldnt agree more about every mile counts when youre coming from Huntington Beach.... Ill say this......you know whats great about living in HB and having...
I couldnt agree more about every mile counts when youre coming from Huntington Beach....

Ill say this......you know whats great about living in HB and having moto as your main passion? The drive home after a great day to come home with the perfect temp and thick heavy ocean air. After youve unloaded and taken a hot shower with an ice cold Shower Beer I'd just hop on my Beach Cruiser or my Big Ripper (29" BMX) and go downtown for some great food & drinks.....in a sense, life couldnt have been more perfect than those days.

The worst part about living in HB? That long ass drive out to the track in the morning and I used to LOVE being able to ride Saddleback #2....it was so close to home and virtually traffic free, if I wanted to I could easily have taken city streets all the way to Chapman just as easy as taking the Freeway. At that beautiful slice of time when Saddleback #2 opened to when it closed.. I was a full time student at CSULB and working 45+ hours 6 days a week at Long Beach Motorsports (Before Del Amo bought and ruined the old school local shop feel it still had) and as the main parts guy I was getting cost +10% on anything I needed, had a full closet full of riding gear hanging on coat and pants hangars was literally riding 3 times a week!! (2 night practices a week and one full-day Sunday) I go sooooo fast I could hang with any legit Socal Intermediate (not the freak of nature phenoms LOL) and was clicking off at least 2-3 20-25 minute motos w/o getting that worked and burning 4 gallons of premix in 3-4 hours.

Im not sure what your thoughts are on the Pacific City atrocity and the accompanying MASSIVE apartment complex they built just behind it....im not talking a couple hundred units, this place is upwards of like 516 units and the City somehow allowed a developer to JAM PACK all 516 plus units into one city block, literally placing at least 1,000 new residents at ground zero for massive beach congestion, something HB has managed to avoid up until now and IMO it completely ruined HB its seriously overcrowded, congested and main st has lost its local-brah vibe it used to have.

I just moved back to Norcal after being in Huntington Beach for 18 years and never more than 1/2 mile and mostly 1-3 City blocks from that beautiful beach and ocean....now im up in bfe....also known as Linden re-acquainting and spending a ton of time with my parents and whats left of my famile....Grandma, cousins, sister/neice so thats been nice, plus helping my parents out with everything around the house since theyre both almost 10 years into retirement

Just got a nice low hour 2003 KX250 for $1500 but I dont have any more riding buddies up here and ironically have further to drive for any moto up here.......and its soooo weird living in an area where NOBODY takes riding for fun that seriously.....its like guys 5-10 years younger than me saying they're "Too old and fat" ...."My wife made me sell my bike" or only wanna go once a month with the seriousness of that non riding persons stereotypical image of a dirtbiker.....ride for 20 mins on easy trails and stop to have a beer or smoke too much pot...ride another 30 mins an repeat. NOBODY is down to ride the Track and lay down some motos, twist grip..."if my wheels have to leave the ground while riding im not cool with that at all" was a quote i was told by someone that claimed to be serious about getting gnarly lol.
Plenty of vet dudes get after it in NorCal. Come on out to any of the REP Racing and MMX tracks, Argyll and Club. Great turn out and great ppl up here putting in laps on a regular basis.
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
2/7/2018 4:24pm
Email sent. This is the type of stuff that should be getting 20+ pages.
Email sent. Surprised to find this thread 20 pages back.
Stuntman949
10/10/2018 9:11am

This new video of the Etter Racing Class 1 car shows Prado as the primary sponsor
tp4
10/10/2018 9:29am
it would be cool and much needed for the MC/off road industry.
I have peddled the whole area..it connects to Chino hills state park...killer trails.
2/19/2020 10:34pm
Betuel wrote:
Saw this post and went to google earth myself since i MTB chino hill state park which is right there and i saw this. What looks...
Saw this post and went to google earth myself since i MTB chino hill state park which is right there and i saw this. What looks to be an old MX track just above it as others have stated. Gonna see if i can MTB all they way in to that track one of these days.

Well me and a buddy road up on bikes today, saw very little remnants of the outdoor track but here is some of the Supercross track

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/19/2020 10:44pm
tp4 wrote:
it would be cool and much needed for the MC/off road industry.
I have peddled the whole area..it connects to Chino hills state park...killer trails.
I need to get over there...I've never ridden it.

Post a reply to: Possible new motocross and offroad truck track in Southern California...

The Latest