Possible new motocross and offroad truck track in Southern California...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2018 4:02 PM

Oddly enough, this rumor/possible facility came to my attention from someone in the construction industry, as the property is currently owned by Sukut Equipment.

For anyone familiar with the Southern California area, this should make sense. Going West bound on the 91 freeway out of Corona, there's the 71 North. If you get on the 71 going Northbound, there's a quarry on the left hand side about one mile after you get on it. Supposedly Monster Energy, or someone with Monster backing it, has struck a deal to fill in this quarry and build an auditorium style cut out in the hillside for an off-road truck track and there would be a motocross track in the facility as well.

This suggested location is only a couple miles from Pro Circuit and Monster Energy's main shipping center...with Monster's HQ being just down the freeway to the East a few more miles.

Check out the google Earth image below. Be interesting if this all pans out...according to what I heard, it sounds like it's a go.

|

1/9/2018 4:21 PM

That has been in the rumor mill for several years now. Be great but I bet extremely crowded if they offer a motocross track! I'll believe when I see it...

|

1/9/2018 4:22 PM

Don't tease me like that

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

1/9/2018 4:25 PM

There used to be some damn good riding back in those hills.

|

1/9/2018 4:26 PM

I remember seeing a "white paper" for this 'Monster Park' over five years ago...

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

1/9/2018 4:28 PM

Sure would be cool to have something that close to OC and surrounding areas.

|

1/9/2018 4:33 PM

Saddleback #3

|

1/9/2018 4:40 PM

Xeno wrote:

I remember seeing a "white paper" for this 'Monster Park' over five years ago...

Well according to my source, they're beginning to fill in the current pit. So we'll see if it finally goes.

|

1/9/2018 4:51 PM

ML512 wrote:

Well according to my source, they're beginning to fill in the current pit. So we'll see if it finally goes.

I sure hope so. It's a quick run up the toll road.
Hows 'bout you fly the VitalMx drone over the facility and have a look-see?

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

1/9/2018 4:53 PM

I bet Milestone is worried.

|

1/9/2018 5:14 PM

Could be an epic location. Orange County and LA metro people need tracks to ride that are not over an hour plus away.

There was a private track not too far from that spot that was shut down by the EPA.

Mining sites are a good location if they can use screened soil that doesnt have rock (LACR, Pala, etc.). A lot of old gravel pits have old silt ponds that can be excavated and used as pure soil. But the ricks eventually work their way to the surface.

|

1/9/2018 5:34 PM

This has been a rumor for at least 5-10 years. I know someone who tried to get something going there a long time ago and the biggest issue was getting into and out of the property. The city said that to be considered for a track or motorsports facility, whoever did it, would have to build a bridge over the freeway to access the property from both directions, on and off-ramps and have two-way traffic. It would have been millions and millions to build a full bridge and that is what someone said why the project was sidelined years ago.

I know the people that own the 80 acres above that lot and they used to ride there a lot. Honda used to have a few tracks and an SX track, Suzuki had a bike into there years ago and I think one of the crusty videos has footage from that place.

Back in the 80s-90s a group also tried to put in a motocross track right there at the bottom of the Prado dam, right near this current proposed area.

It would be awesome but but and but. Got to find a person willing to invest missions to make thousands.

|

1/9/2018 6:16 PM

I got to ride there a couple times back in the day (probably the same spot smrscott mentioned, above these pics). It was epic. The owner passed away in a plane crash on the property. Very sad deal.

That would be a great location for a track...

|

o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o
Winning is the best deodorant.

1/9/2018 6:25 PM

It sounds like someone is paying to reclaim that land

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/9/2018 6:59 PM

Man, l used to ride and off road out there back in the day.

It would be awesome. Saddleback 2 was cool and this is just a bit further.

Being right near the beach every mile counts.

|

1/9/2018 7:29 PM

Saw this post and went to google earth myself since i MTB chino hill state park which is right there and i saw this. What looks to be an old MX track just above it as others have stated. Gonna see if i can MTB all they way in to that track one of these days.

|

1/9/2018 7:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 7:56 PM

I was heading down the 75 yesterday to the 475 in Flint, MI and there was snow on the ground. I’m so jealous of you SoCal guys and your all year riding....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/9/2018 7:48 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

I was heading down the 75 yesterday to the 475 in Flint, MI and there was snow on the ground. I’m so jealous of you SoCal guys and your all year riding....

Elsinore in the rain might as well be riding on an ice skating rink

|

1/9/2018 7:59 PM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Saddleback #3

Claude Osteen Cycle Park 2

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/9/2018 8:10 PM

smrscott wrote:

This has been a rumor for at least 5-10 years. I know someone who tried to get something going there a long time ago and the biggest issue was getting into and out of the property. The city said that to be considered for a track or motorsports facility, whoever did it, would have to build a bridge over the freeway to access the property from both directions, on and off-ramps and have two-way traffic. It would have been millions and millions to build a full bridge and that is what someone said why the project was sidelined years ago.

I know the people that own the 80 acres above that lot and they used to ride there a lot. Honda used to have a few tracks and an SX track, Suzuki had a bike into there years ago and I think one of the crusty videos has footage from that place.

Back in the 80s-90s a group also tried to put in a motocross track right there at the bottom of the Prado dam, right near this current proposed area.

It would be awesome but but and but. Got to find a person willing to invest missions to make thousands.

That’s where the part of Crusty Demons 2 where it said “G-Spot” was filmed. You can really only get in off the 71 and like you said, it would be a nightmare for traffic unless they built a completely new way in.

|

1/9/2018 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 8:22 PM

The Currie family owns a lot of property up there, When Casey and Brandon were racing super moto, I got to ride up there and they had a full outdoor track, supercross track built on the airplane runway, and freestyle jumps, with a airplane hanger at the top last time i was there... Casey mentioned to me at the time (10 years ago) about a new facility that might be built closer to the freeway, but that never happened.

|

1/10/2018 4:30 AM

Maybe a Monster athlete is puting something together? From my sources, doesn’t sound like anyone at Monster has heard of this where money would be coming directly from them.

It would be awesome if something new came together though...

|

1/10/2018 2:49 PM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Saddleback #3

captmoto wrote:

Claude Osteen Cycle Park 2

Not going to lie, I had to look up what that was

|

1/10/2018 7:34 PM

Thats pretty rad, and the location would make it a gold mine if done right.

|

1/11/2018 7:49 PM

Awesome! As an OC resident and rider this would be a game changer, especially if they have weekday night riding.

|

Life's a garden, dig it.

1996 CR250R
2016 YZ450F
2001 Suzuki Bandit 600

1/22/2018 5:22 PM

|

1/22/2018 5:28 PM

God I hope this works out. I wouldn’t even need to touch a freeway to get there I’m so close.

|

2/2/2018 1:36 PM

|

2/2/2018 1:56 PM

signed up for emails. Hope this place gets up and going quick and I hope this place kills it

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/2/2018 2:03 PM

Signed up for emails and sent an email to Brett in support!!

Got my fingers crossed!
|

Do It In The Dirt!