Another Ken Roczen Update: Latest Elbow Surgery

jeffro503
1/23/2017 9:08am
UHHGG!.....Man that arm is looking pretty beat up. Hang in there Ken , you'll be back before you know it! Have to be one tough SOB to take a hit like that , and have it only be the arm that got damaged. Pretty incredible really.
TeamGreen
1/23/2017 9:12am
twotwosix wrote:
Via @RacerX: "M. Musquin: I knew what happened to Kenny on that triple. I got a bad kicker too for two laps in a row and...
Via @RacerX:

"M. Musquin: I knew what happened to Kenny on that triple. I got a bad kicker too for two laps in a row and then I switched my line. I did a different rhythm through there to avoid that specific takeoff. But yeah, we were rolling the section and going by Kenny for a couple laps and it’s hard. It’s hard to see because you see him laying down and not moving. It gets in your head. The rest of the lap you think about it. I was looking over the finish line and saw he was getting up. Also you never know—I thought we were going to get red flagged at one point. It’s tough to see anybody when he goes down. Track was really challenging. Like Ryan said, the bikes are better and we are practicing and training really hard trying to be better. Everybody wants to win and we are pushing so hard. Sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes we get lucky and we don’t crash, and sometimes we do crash. Like I said, I tried to play it a little bit safer but still going fast and doing a different rhythm section. Hopefully Kenny is okay. Like Ryan said, we need a guy like that out here. It’s good for the sport, good racing."
That young man is a class act.

Can't wait for his win.
PEPE001
1/23/2017 10:24am
twotwosix wrote:
Via @RacerX: "M. Musquin: I knew what happened to Kenny on that triple. I got a bad kicker too for two laps in a row and...
Via @RacerX:

"M. Musquin: I knew what happened to Kenny on that triple. I got a bad kicker too for two laps in a row and then I switched my line. I did a different rhythm through there to avoid that specific takeoff. But yeah, we were rolling the section and going by Kenny for a couple laps and it’s hard. It’s hard to see because you see him laying down and not moving. It gets in your head. The rest of the lap you think about it. I was looking over the finish line and saw he was getting up. Also you never know—I thought we were going to get red flagged at one point. It’s tough to see anybody when he goes down. Track was really challenging. Like Ryan said, the bikes are better and we are practicing and training really hard trying to be better. Everybody wants to win and we are pushing so hard. Sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes we get lucky and we don’t crash, and sometimes we do crash. Like I said, I tried to play it a little bit safer but still going fast and doing a different rhythm section. Hopefully Kenny is okay. Like Ryan said, we need a guy like that out here. It’s good for the sport, good racing."
TeamGreen wrote:

Can't wait for his win.
Agree!

He is one of the nicest Guys and deserve a Win.

etccb
1/23/2017 10:35am
Is there any estimate given yet on a possible timetable for his return to the gate? Is outdoors round 1 even possible?

The Shop

Beeby
1/23/2017 10:37am
Let's hope he does it soon! Someone needs to stop the dungey show
kiwifan
1/23/2017 10:53am
Gutted for Ken that the injuries are more serious (re: Elbow and wrist) ....I hop[e his surgery is uncomplicated and he has a speedy recovery and comes back strong.

Also agree with comments above about MM, class act.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/23/2017 12:13pm
ML- Please delete this classless meme-^^^^
He's been benched.
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
1/23/2017 12:32pm
Every time we have an injury at my workplace (Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), we have gave an extremely thorough root cause analysis to prevent potential re-occurance. Ken's accident, Bogles accident, Jessy's accident, Trey's accident and every pro (or amateur min.) accident should have a thourough report detailing the event, applied mechanical physics involved, potential protection evaluation and summary for ALL to digest and understand to help minimize injuries going forward. There is a dire need for a safety committee for SX/MX. There are many professionals who can contribute to this cause. It needs to happen!!! Just think if you can prevent a life changing injury to your up and coming son, self or friend! OSHA? I don't know, but we need some help to minimize injuries that really effects the rest of your life!!
BobPA
1/23/2017 12:45pm
Joko wrote:
Every time we have an injury at my workplace (Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), we have gave an extremely thorough root cause analysis to prevent potential re-occurance...
Every time we have an injury at my workplace (Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), we have gave an extremely thorough root cause analysis to prevent potential re-occurance. Ken's accident, Bogles accident, Jessy's accident, Trey's accident and every pro (or amateur min.) accident should have a thourough report detailing the event, applied mechanical physics involved, potential protection evaluation and summary for ALL to digest and understand to help minimize injuries going forward. There is a dire need for a safety committee for SX/MX. There are many professionals who can contribute to this cause. It needs to happen!!! Just think if you can prevent a life changing injury to your up and coming son, self or friend! OSHA? I don't know, but we need some help to minimize injuries that really effects the rest of your life!!
You really think Kenny wants to sit around and go into great detail what happened in his crash? I'm betting the last thing he wants to do is to talk about it, especially in great detail.

Everytime I have yard saled I know exactly what I did wrong, no need to explain it to a panel of suits and ties and rub it in even further.
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
1/23/2017 1:07pm
Joko wrote:
Every time we have an injury at my workplace (Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), we have gave an extremely thorough root cause analysis to prevent potential re-occurance...
BobPA wrote:
You really think Kenny wants to sit around and go into great detail what happened in his crash? I'm betting the last thing he wants to...
You really think Kenny wants to sit around and go into great detail what happened in his crash? I'm betting the last thing he wants to do is to talk about it, especially in great detail.

Everytime I have yard saled I know exactly what I did wrong, no need to explain it to a panel of suits and ties and rub it in even further.
Bob,
The last thing to do is further traumatize an accident victim with probing inquiries of an accident. I'm suggesting a separate investigation with recommendations we all can learn from to help minimize injuries.
gnarwhip
1/23/2017 1:08pm
I shattered my elbow during practice week at the Mammoth Motocross. Got to the Mammoth ER and there was no orthopedic surgeon on that day, so I had to drive back to socal and wait a few days before my surgery. It sucked, had several bone fragments floating around in the joint, I know how he feels. He's on meds and higher than a giraffe's pussy, but probably still in a s load of pain.
jj welks
1/23/2017 1:18pm
I def wanted Dungey to win the championship but not like this. Hope Ken can heal quick and rail the outdoors again.
Cancerman
1/23/2017 1:25pm
There is some pain that cannot be handled by meds. I have experience in this, 5 surgeries in 6 years. Name says it all. I'm sure the only thing that helps KR is if he can get to sleep. Morphine allowed me to sleep, but it wears off quickly. Too much and you stop breathing. Been there. KR added muscle the last couple years, he's a pretty tough guy. Actually, I'm surprised he had no head or internal trauma. He's pretty tough. If he has nerve damage or multi correctional surgeries, flexibility or range of motion, I think he's out for 2017. Lets hope not. I think we all agree racing is better with all the riders healthy and out there.
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
1/23/2017 1:29pm
My son fractured his left talus last year. In hindsight, being able to speak to a professional for that specific injury would have helped immensely at the time of injury. he now is dealing with AVN (avascular necrocsis) as a result of delaying his surgury for 3 days. if there were a association of physicians for MX injuries available to consult at the time of injury, he would be better off with his recuperation. We have so many aftermarket resources with graphics, trick parts, motor mods, etc., but if we had had a central resource to help with injuries, I think we would all benefit in recovering from life changing injuries?! We need to improve with injuries and help to recover, yet info and advice are lacking. Can we get a major orthopedic sponser insrwad of another hop-up shop to help us out??
TeamGreen
1/23/2017 1:30pm
gnarwhip wrote:
I shattered my elbow during practice week at the Mammoth Motocross. Got to the Mammoth ER and there was no orthopedic surgeon on that day, so...
I shattered my elbow during practice week at the Mammoth Motocross. Got to the Mammoth ER and there was no orthopedic surgeon on that day, so I had to drive back to socal and wait a few days before my surgery. It sucked, had several bone fragments floating around in the joint, I know how he feels. He's on meds and higher than a giraffe's pussy, but probably still in a s load of pain.
You made my spine crawl.

Damn.

That's some character building shit. Been there, done that. Stoked that you got thru it.
Roostermx58
1/23/2017 1:41pm
Joko wrote:
My son fractured his left talus last year. In hindsight, being able to speak to a professional for that specific injury would have helped immensely at...
My son fractured his left talus last year. In hindsight, being able to speak to a professional for that specific injury would have helped immensely at the time of injury. he now is dealing with AVN (avascular necrocsis) as a result of delaying his surgury for 3 days. if there were a association of physicians for MX injuries available to consult at the time of injury, he would be better off with his recuperation. We have so many aftermarket resources with graphics, trick parts, motor mods, etc., but if we had had a central resource to help with injuries, I think we would all benefit in recovering from life changing injuries?! We need to improve with injuries and help to recover, yet info and advice are lacking. Can we get a major orthopedic sponser insrwad of another hop-up shop to help us out??
I hope he is healing well. I displaced my right talus (Hawkins 3) so know what he is going through. The hardware removal allowed me to continue a so called normal life Smile
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
1/23/2017 1:52pm
I think the next step is to remove the hardware to better his ROM, maybe drill the bone to increase and promote blood flow to prevent further bone degradation. All the effort we put put into advancing his MX progression gets bumped back by lack of medical knowledge to have prevented this. We need to get better with injury diagnosis to better our mx longevity. Any major investors out there to help? I'd think there would be a good business case for a specific MX Ortho consulting group, vs another graphics source?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/23/2017 2:10pm
Joko wrote:
I don't think you can really compare the two. Manufacturing facility is a controlled environment. As far as Kenny's crash, lets make a huge assumption and say the analysis of the crash showed that 1) he messed up his body position/throttle control, along side 2) the track surface was soft due to weather and along side 3) the geometry of the jump face was F'd up due to ruts. What would the solution be, to never race if there was rain in the last week prior to event?
406moto
Fantasy
1268th
1/23/2017 2:56pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Done watching SX till JS7 comes back! Congrats Malcolm..
agn5009 wrote:
Bye.
Dude, right. What the hell is with all of these fair weather fans? How can you have such a hard on for just one rider that you're not going to watch your favorite sport on TV when it's on because he's out? Definitely shitty roczen is out. But even if dungey went out, I'd still be driving 12 hours to seattle to show support for my favorite sport. You guys act like there's only 2 riders in the sport when you know damn well if a back of the pack rider showed up at your local track you'd call in to your shit job, and blow off your shit girlfriend just to go witness a 20th place rider ride your track at a level you couldn't imagine possible. Rant over.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/23/2017 3:00pm
twotwosix wrote:
Via @RacerX:

TeamGreen wrote:

Can't wait for his win.
PEPE001 wrote:
Agree!

He is one of the nicest Guys and deserve a Win.

That guy is only 7 points behind Dungey in second. And he hasn't made a lot of mistakes lately, so Dungey can't afford to have one either.
Let's hope he keeps this title chase a life (at least a little)
bad juju
1/23/2017 3:37pm
bad juju wrote:
New Honda chassis=Voodoo?
tesstickle wrote:
bad juju = idiot?
how am I an idiot? remember MEC? looks like he got unloaded in a similar way. not trash talking him in any way or shit talking the new Honda. also remember the 97 cr250 when it first came out, everyone thought it was killer at first. but after a few months people started to realize it wasn't so good. so it made me wonder about this new bike now. either way something is up. maybe his setup doesn't work with the chassis, who knows. 2 out of 4 races is not by chance. also best whishes to Ken and family for a swift recovery...
mx836
1/23/2017 3:39pm
Wow, he really did a number on that arm. The x-ray is gnarly. An injury like that can really get a guy down in the dumps. Does for me anyway. Not so much the pain, but it's a bad feeling for a couple weeks. Hope he heals up fast.
1/23/2017 3:40pm
Always sad when a rider gets down hard. Is this dungeys championship now? 95 to dungey the rest of the field 5 % ?
bad juju
1/23/2017 3:48pm
bad juju wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
so you would like to think...
??? I don't care one way or the other about the new Honda. I have no loyalty to any of them, they have no loyalty to me. even though the majority of my bikes have been Hondas.
Stuntman949
1/23/2017 3:49pm
ML512 wrote:
He's been benched.
Damn I missed it. What was the classless punchline?
brocster
1/23/2017 3:59pm
bad juju wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
bad juju wrote:
??? I don't care one way or the other about the new Honda. I have no loyalty to any of them, they have no loyalty to...
??? I don't care one way or the other about the new Honda. I have no loyalty to any of them, they have no loyalty to me. even though the majority of my bikes have been Hondas.
You do realize that he was not the only 17 Honda out there.

Was a bad line. Different brands experienced the same thing in the same line just not to this extent.
KMC440
1/23/2017 4:06pm
Had a dislocated wrist ... pain killers at the hospital did absolutely nothing! They told they couldn't do anything else I asked them to either knock me out till it got fixed or kill me. Doc showed up about then saw my arm and pretty much freaked on the staff. Telling them no one told him the severity and that he should've been alerted much sooner. He apologized to me and put things in motion, I was out in bout 3min after that. He was seriously pissed. Told me either I would have no use or a max of 70% ... I got the 70 and was happy to get that.
bad juju
1/23/2017 4:15pm
kiwifan wrote:
bad juju wrote:
??? I don't care one way or the other about the new Honda. I have no loyalty to any of them, they have no loyalty to...
brocster wrote:
You do realize that he was not the only 17 Honda out there. Was a bad line. Different brands experienced the same thing in the same...
You do realize that he was not the only 17 Honda out there.

Was a bad line. Different brands experienced the same thing in the same line just not to this extent.
For sure not the only red bike out there. MEC and A2 looked a bit comparable to me. time will tell, and so far lots of love for the new CRF. I may get an "18" if I can get a couple of other things paid for. free up some moto money..
Ozy
1/23/2017 5:32pm
That X-Ray looks so painful.

Hoping for Kenny's quick and full recovery. Good luck young man! We all want to see you back in the saddle asap

Post a reply to: Another Ken Roczen Update: Latest Elbow Surgery

The Latest