Another Ken Roczen Update: Latest Elbow Surgery

Create New Tag

1/22/2017 10:43 AM

Going to miss roczen.

|

1/22/2017 10:44 AM

pilotdude wrote:

He has a dislocated elbow also.

Is this confirmed as True? If so, this combined with the compound fracture could be bad on the nerves.

|

1/22/2017 10:46 AM

3-6months off after surgery?
Heal up Kenny

|

gekko wrote:

Define compound fracture: medical : a broken bone in which a part of the bone sticks out through the skin.

I just hope to hell the bone doesn't get infected. Josh Demuth had a really rough time after his compound fracture.

http://racerxonline.com/2015/01/01/where-are-they-now-josh-demuth

|

pilotdude wrote:

He has a dislocated elbow also.

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Is this confirmed as True? If so, this combined with the compound fracture could be bad on the nerves.

Yes, confirmed.

|

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

1/22/2017 10:53 AM

He's already undergone surgery, right?

|

1/22/2017 10:56 AM

It will be difficult to fully recover. Psychologically and physically. Damn it!!!

|

1/22/2017 11:04 AM

K9midas wrote:

He's already undergone surgery, right?

.....just read on Transworld that surgery is set for Monday.

|

1/22/2017 11:05 AM

Watched it on TV last night. That was brutal! At first I felt sick for him due to the slam to his body and head but the replay looked like his arm got folded up under his body also. Huge bummer!
Wishing him a good recovery
Heal up good and quick KRoc!

|

1/22/2017 11:32 AM

I just wanted to chime in and mention how his strength and physical fitness probably played a huge success in the outcome of this crash. That could have been an ender for your average Joe. That impact was gnarly af. I am glad Ken will at least still be able to live a somewhat normal life even if it keeps him from racing for a while.

|

1/22/2017 12:03 PM

I agree

|

1/22/2017 12:19 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

i hope that he does not have any serious damage to the median and radial nerves. I am going thru nerve damage and it is way tougher than the surrounding bone breaks. get well soon KR94

So am I and it sucks ass. Are you taking lyrica? Did you get the shot to the spinal column? Just curious because I get the shot Friday.

This is a side effect to a torn bicep tendon and labrum. These injuries have side effects that I'm hoping doesn't happen to Roczen. He has been confident with his media posts which isn't popular but he's been a great rider to watch.

|

1/22/2017 12:24 PM

Guess we wont see him racing until next year? Maybe end of outdoors at best.

|

1/22/2017 12:30 PM

When I saw Dungey's holeshot and Roczen's poor start I said he'll crash trying to catch him. I actually thought Roczen was settled in when he crashed. He didn't seem to be pushing as hard as I thought he would. Hope he ends up good, maybe he gets a dose of humility too.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

1/22/2017 12:37 PM

JeepnMike wrote:

Good on Honda for being forthcoming and honest with the fans. If this had been one of the Stewart brothers, they would have waited until Tuesday, and the message would have been "James was banged up at A2, questionable for round 3".

Get over it. Post has nothing to do with Stewart. Sick of people taking every opportunity to find a way to bash the Stewart's. We get it you don't like them.

|

1/22/2017 12:53 PM

Heal up man.

Totally bummed about this championship like everyone else. I'll bet Dungey is too, both of them are natural sportsmen, and the loss of the competition is never good.

|

1/22/2017 12:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2017 12:58 PM

overthebars39 wrote:

Guess we wont see him racing until next year? Maybe end of outdoors at best.

I'm pretty sure 2017 is over for Kenny, sadly.

The elbow (if confirmed) is the bigger problem IMHO.

|

1/22/2017 1:02 PM

Dunge was bitching about the kickers

|

Free Jeffro

1/22/2017 1:10 PM

My theory is similar, except when I watched in slow mo his forks bottomed first, and then sent more force to the shock. It's almost identical to what happened in Atlanta in 2015. He was obviously with RCH then so I think it may be his setup preferences??? Or possibly the air forks don't handle the g-out as well as the spring? Such a brutal crash. Hope he heals quickly with no complications

|

1/22/2017 1:14 PM

Was trying to reply to a previous post which describes how badly his rear shock bottomed

|

1/22/2017 1:21 PM

I was watching the recap of the 450 on the home page and it looks like Seely got a similar but smaller buck on lap one, blew his right leg off the peg and looked like he had to muscle the bike in the air

|

1/22/2017 1:24 PM

Michael Scott wrote:

I was watching the recap of the 450 on the home page and it looks like Seely got a similar but smaller buck on lap one, blew his right leg off the peg and looked like he had to muscle the bike in the air

Quite a few got same 'buck'...wasnt just the Honda riders....

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/22/2017 1:27 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Quite a few got same 'buck'...wasnt just the Honda riders....

Wasn't trying to say it s Honda only, just an observation

|

1/22/2017 1:31 PM

Was looking forward to a great battle season between him & Dungey. Hope he can recover fully. Brutal crash, brutal injury. Supercross is so dumb!

|

1/22/2017 1:56 PM

TheGetFresh wrote:

Trans world just posted that Honda confirmed its a compounded fracture

JeepnMike wrote:

Good on Honda for being forthcoming and honest with the fans. If this had been one of the Stewart brothers, they would have waited until Tuesday, and the message would have been "James was banged up at A2, questionable for round 3".

DV-67 wrote:

Get over it. Post has nothing to do with Stewart. Sick of people taking every opportunity to find a way to bash the Stewart's. We get it you don't like them.

I'm a Stewart fan you idiot. I don't like the lies and secrecy they shroud themselves with when things aren't right which has been pretty darn common the past few years.

|

1/22/2017 1:59 PM

That crash makes me sick, I can't watch it!

|

1/22/2017 2:33 PM

Horrible crash. Sucks for us fans - I was just starting to think this season was going to be one for the ages....an epic, season long Roczen vs. Dungey battle....

Thanks to Team Honda for getting the info straight out there. We all appreciate the quick press release, and hope the recovery goes well. Get well soon KR!!

|

1/22/2017 2:38 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

i hope that he does not have any serious damage to the median and radial nerves. I am going thru nerve damage and it is way tougher than the surrounding bone breaks. get well soon KR94

Moto520 wrote:

So am I and it sucks ass. Are you taking lyrica? Did you get the shot to the spinal column? Just curious because I get the shot Friday.

This is a side effect to a torn bicep tendon and labrum. These injuries have side effects that I'm hoping doesn't happen to Roczen. He has been confident with his media posts which isn't popular but he's been a great rider to watch.

Stay positive and know that even months...years...after a complex shoulder surgery and yr long rehab...I still have some numb-spots that are slowly coming back.

This is a great post and I'm stoked on how people share their experiences.

Nice!smile

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/22/2017 2:48 PM

Moto520 wrote:

I've been through the same shit. Tore the Bicep tendon and labrum off the bone. 6 anchors to reattach them, 7 months of rehab and was also off of work. I've had 3 epidurals which were all band aids and didn't last long. The Epidurals (spinal injections) costed me $400 each, (after insurance paid their part). I won't bother with them next time around, waste of money, IMO.

Roczen hit hard, I would imagine that the compound fracture and dislocated elbow won't be his only issues, after the dust settles.

|

1/22/2017 4:19 PM

New Honda chassis=Voodoo?

|