Posers

7/16/2015 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2015 4:18pm
About 7 years ago (I know going back a bit) I busted the radiator my sxf so I lined up on the gate on my dads...
About 7 years ago (I know going back a bit) I busted the radiator my sxf so I lined up on the gate on my dads xcf and there was a couple 'bros' giving so much shit bc I was gonna race with a kickstand. Shouldn't matter but as an 18yr old, it left a bitter taste. In other words, I am not very fond of calling other out for not having the best equiptment, being slow, or 'not riding enough'. We want to grow the sport but go around calling others posers? Whistling
I have a feeling you have not read the thread at all....
Xracerdone
7/16/2015 4:54pm
People who yell BRAAAPPP are posers. And I want to kill them
Motodork
7/16/2015 4:58pm
I hate when people find out and they want to go ride with me, or ask me if I can do a back flip. I never ever ride on a weekend and only go to tracks during the week.
watson
7/16/2015 5:37pm
bob567 wrote:
The average hardcore non pro motocross rider is on the track less than 4hrs per week or 2% of their time. (12 20minute motos per week)...
The average hardcore non pro motocross rider is on the track less than 4hrs per week or 2% of their time. (12 20minute motos per week). Anything less is the definition of poser in my book.
Your definition is too lenient, bro. If you don't at least have your racing number tattooed to your knuckles in three different fonts, race eight motos a weekend (52 weeks a year), and install a fleshlight to your bike's seat- you're a poser in my book.

The Shop

WVUpetro2013
7/16/2015 5:39pm
About 7 years ago (I know going back a bit) I busted the radiator my sxf so I lined up on the gate on my dads...
About 7 years ago (I know going back a bit) I busted the radiator my sxf so I lined up on the gate on my dads xcf and there was a couple 'bros' giving so much shit bc I was gonna race with a kickstand. Shouldn't matter but as an 18yr old, it left a bitter taste. In other words, I am not very fond of calling other out for not having the best equiptment, being slow, or 'not riding enough'. We want to grow the sport but go around calling others posers? Whistling
No, actually I did read it all, each and every post. I just am not a fan of the classification of poser. Like it was previously mentioned I feel it's in poor taste and makes people feel like outsiders for showing interest in the sport. Just my .02
Xracerdone
7/16/2015 5:47pm
No, actually I did read it all, each and every post. I just am not a fan of the classification of poser. Like it was previously...
No, actually I did read it all, each and every post. I just am not a fan of the classification of poser. Like it was previously mentioned I feel it's in poor taste and makes people feel like outsiders for showing interest in the sport. Just my .02
Personally, I think it says more about more the people calling others posers for being newbs, or having their dimwitted style. All are posers at first
7/16/2015 5:58pm
How many Fucking times does it need to be said? Being a noob doesn't make you a poser. Being a poser, aka someone who poses as something they aren't, makes them a poser.
WVUpetro2013
7/16/2015 6:16pm
How many Fucking times does it need to be said? Being a noob doesn't make you a poser. Being a poser, aka someone who poses as...
How many Fucking times does it need to be said? Being a noob doesn't make you a poser. Being a poser, aka someone who poses as something they aren't, makes them a poser.
I never was referring to noobs as posers, but referring to anyone that has interest in the sport as a poser is lame. There are plenty of people in my area that get decked out in the metal mulisha get up and that's fine, does not effect my life. So no need for me to bring them down. Clearly you did not actually read through my posts saying the classification in general is lame, but oh well I wish you luck in your endeavor to make sure everyone is aware of what a poser is. Maybe you should put posters up at the local track with what not to do or wear so 'posers' get their act together and can be super cool.
Gringoe
7/16/2015 7:54pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I don't get why people get butt hurt over so many different things today. If a guy wants to act a certain way to seem cool...
I don't get why people get butt hurt over so many different things today. If a guy wants to act a certain way to seem cool or to pull chicks, so be it.

Does it effect your life? Maybe you're the poser for starting a thread calling out posers just to prove you are hard core.
When I saw the thread title and saw who posted it I couldn't stop laughing. Pot meet kettle
7/16/2015 7:59pm
My definition of a poser is someone who wears metal mulisha apparel on purpose.
agreed. except the few fast guys that are paid to wear it. They get a pass.
FWYT
7/16/2015 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2015 9:34pm
My brother spends a fair amount of time riding in Baja. One trip
they came across a local guy riding in jeans and Vans shoes.
The guy helped them cut some trail including up a steep, loose
uphill. The kid had no problem up the hill and even blazed alternate routes.
This is his rear tire. I think we could all agree; not a poser. Just a kid that likes to ride.

And yes, next trip down, my brother brought the kid several sets of
used tires that, to him, were like a factory hook up.

7/16/2015 10:27pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I don't get why people get butt hurt over so many different things today. If a guy wants to act a certain way to seem cool...
I don't get why people get butt hurt over so many different things today. If a guy wants to act a certain way to seem cool or to pull chicks, so be it.

Does it effect your life? Maybe you're the poser for starting a thread calling out posers just to prove you are hard core.
Gringoe wrote:
When I saw the thread title and saw who posted it I couldn't stop laughing. Pot meet kettle
You have something to say? What do you have against me and what is your reason for it? The fact that you even know who I am flattered me.Smile
7/16/2015 10:28pm
FWYT wrote:
My brother spends a fair amount of time riding in Baja. One trip they came across a local guy riding in jeans and Vans shoes. The...
This is his rear tire. I think we could all agree; not a poser. Just a kid that likes to ride.

Holy shit dude. Good for that kid and that's an admirable thing for your brother to do!
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
7/16/2015 11:30pm
FWYT wrote:
My brother spends a fair amount of time riding in Baja. One trip they came across a local guy riding in jeans and Vans shoes. The...

Holy shit dude. Good for that kid and that's an admirable thing for your brother to do!
That is awesome on all accounts.
c_dub
7/17/2015 1:11am
FWYT wrote:

Good shit! Love hearing stories like this. Gives me hope that humanity may just be alright after all.
7/17/2015 1:16am
How many Fucking times does it need to be said? Being a noob doesn't make you a poser. Being a poser, aka someone who poses as...
But what if you pose as a poser?
Zracer
7/17/2015 2:56am
In this scenario the guys giving you shit were the posers.
MR. X
7/17/2015 3:32am
Back when I was in school and did alot of skateboarding , if you wanted to tell someone they sucked at skating ,you would call them a poser. I didn't hang out with the cool kids but I could skate way better then them and I regularly got called a poser while passing them in the hallway. I guess it was a general insult.
rbm33
Fantasy
1811th
7/17/2015 5:34am
The last state race at 59th and Douglas a poser shower up on a drz 400 to race the over 40 A class.
that poser spanked my ass. both motos!! lol
kkawboy14
7/17/2015 5:56am
I'm sponsored by Kawasaki, who are you sponsored by?.....
7/17/2015 5:57am
But what if you pose as a poser?
You're an inception type of motherfucker
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
7/17/2015 6:02am
When I was in 10 grade I met a group of older kids who would be considered poser by the OPs standards. They were always sporting mx shirts, their trucks were all stickered up, one alwsys had a bike in his truck and they told everyone who they tslked to that they rode. Once they found out I raced that's all they wanted to talk to me about and it Annoyed me.

One day they showed up at a practice track I was riding at and I observed them, they were slow, but listening to the wsy they talked about how fast they felt they were going snd how fun the battle theyhad with each other was, made me envious of them. I liked what I did, but those guys just loved every motorcycle and I thought that was cool as hell.

Looking back, I was the poser, sure I was fast but they had love for the sport. I'm still good friends with two of them.
Tumblin
7/17/2015 7:25am
I'll have to agree with uptight and sounds somewhat like my upbringing. I was the fast guy in my little circle, but recognised immediately my shortcomings when I traveled. Locals would talk me up of which many were over the top in their moto life, but I may have been too for school in retrospect. Some of these guys always had the new and perfectly prepped bike and gear. I rarely mached as I wore my shit out fast. Today I've got less time on the bike with more money so my gear and graffics keep me looking snazzy as they had. I guess with retrospect again and with some of these definitions, I may now be the poser.
mx965
7/17/2015 7:46am
So much bro in this thread. Im assuming the non poser who started this doesnt try to cop the style of the pros right? Because that would make you a poser if im correct? IMO calling someone out for what they wear when you are in the C class is being a poser. For example, Where i live there is a local track in my town that holds 2 mx events per year. There is a group of guys that live in my town that only ride this track twice per year. They all used to ride old junk bikes until last year when they all bought brand new bikes. One of them was riding like a 1992 rm250 and he would pull the holeshot in C class every time and finish top 3 in a gate of 20 or more. The rest of the guys are posers, they try to act cool and make people think they are pros but this dude doesnt. The fact is maybe if he had the money and or guidence growing up hed be a really fast dude.
TeamGreen
7/17/2015 7:56am
I still haven't stopped laughing...

"Motor-Cross is my life".
7/17/2015 8:02am
Posers still keep our little economy going, so who cares what they do? How much can it really bother you? Just let them enjoy the sport just like the rest of us
Starcrossed
7/17/2015 8:11am
I'd hate to see what the gates would look like at some of the local tracks without the participation of these so-called posers. Like the saying goes, " Fake it 'til you make it."
TeamGreen
7/17/2015 8:13am
Posers still keep our little economy going, so who cares what they do? How much can it really bother you? Just let them enjoy the sport...
Posers still keep our little economy going, so who cares what they do? How much can it really bother you? Just let them enjoy the sport just like the rest of us
Damn.

And it only took 3 pages.

Nice!

I can't imagine why some us can't just STFU and put our oversized flat-bills on, correctly, and go about our business...or... simply be glad that someone would take the time to celebrate being a part of...any little part...in any little way...our sport.

Any of you throwing the "poser" term around need to ask yourself why you even give a shit.

In the words of Metallica, "Ain't my Bitch"
7/17/2015 8:22am
UpTiTe wrote:
When I was in 10 grade I met a group of older kids who would be considered poser by the OPs standards. They were always sporting...
When I was in 10 grade I met a group of older kids who would be considered poser by the OPs standards. They were always sporting mx shirts, their trucks were all stickered up, one alwsys had a bike in his truck and they told everyone who they tslked to that they rode. Once they found out I raced that's all they wanted to talk to me about and it Annoyed me.

One day they showed up at a practice track I was riding at and I observed them, they were slow, but listening to the wsy they talked about how fast they felt they were going snd how fun the battle theyhad with each other was, made me envious of them. I liked what I did, but those guys just loved every motorcycle and I thought that was cool as hell.

Looking back, I was the poser, sure I was fast but they had love for the sport. I'm still good friends with two of them.
"Looking back, I was the poser, sure I was fast but they had love for the sport."

Damn, man. I had the same revelation in my life. Deep shit.

You're absolutely correct.

This is way more riveting that the WIL HAHN BullSHIT Thread. Smile
7/17/2015 8:23am
Posers still keep our little economy going, so who cares what they do? How much can it really bother you? Just let them enjoy the sport...
TeamGreen wrote:
Damn. And it only took 3 pages. Nice! I can't imagine why some us can't just STFU and put our oversized flat-bills on, correctly, and go...
Damn.

And it only took 3 pages.

Nice!

I can't imagine why some us can't just STFU and put our oversized flat-bills on, correctly, and go about our business...or... simply be glad that someone would take the time to celebrate being a part of...any little part...in any little way...our sport.

Any of you throwing the "poser" term around need to ask yourself why you even give a shit.

In the words of Metallica, "Ain't my Bitch"
On a serious note, can you explain to me the difference between not caring and not posting, not caring but posting, caring, giving a shit, and giving two shits?

I wanna know how much to over react about these vital posts. "Fuel"

Post a reply to: Posers

The Latest