peelout wrote:

i'll take the coach

With the CR in a enclosed behind it.

|

6/13/2017 11:54 AM

That's pretty sweet right there!!!

Buy it!!!!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

6/13/2017 8:21 PM

Blue Book value of that bike in good condition is $1,535. So this is almost 3x the blue book value. Like paying $27,000 for a brand new 450.

I agree it looks great, but I just don't understand why people use anything other than blue book value. That's just me.

|

6/13/2017 8:26 PM

kage173 wrote:

Blue Book value of that bike in good condition is $1,535. So this is almost 3x the blue book value. Like paying $27,000 for a brand new 450.

I agree it looks great, but I just don't understand why people use anything other than blue book value. That's just me.

I don't mean to come across like an ass here.....but yes , you are clueless ( or at least acting like it ) when it comes to older 2 strokes. That bike is not only worth that , but more , and would sell for much more than that to the right buyer. I'm almost tempted to go buy that thing tomorrow , re-sell it and make some money. And yes....it would.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/13/2017 8:26 PM

kage173 wrote:

Its worth what someone will pay for it. 2 strokes in the PNW are not cheap.

|

Go Hawks!

6/13/2017 8:30 PM

kage173 wrote:

Most roached out 15 year old 250's, sure. That's not what this is, finding one in this condition is rare.

If you owned the bike would you be selling it for $1600? Or what the market commands?

|

6/13/2017 8:32 PM

I'm seriously contemplating buying this tomorrow just to prove a point.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

6/13/2017 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2017 8:40 PM

@mx510 - Wow. You're a genius. The entire Kelly Blue Book company just became obsolete due to your new valuation algorithm. I can't believe they never thought of that.

|

6/13/2017 8:33 PM

kage173 wrote:

mx510 wrote:

Its worth what someone will pay for it. 2 strokes in the PNW are not cheap.

Not cheap anywhere. I consider my '06 Kawi to be a good investment. Bought it for $2k two years ago and have put minimal dollars into it....could sell it for over $3k tomorrow easy.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

6/13/2017 8:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2017 8:38 PM

kage173 wrote:

nytsmaC wrote:

Most roached out 15 year old 250's, sure. That's not what this is, finding one in this condition is rare.

If you owned the bike would you be selling it for $1600? Or what the market commands?

Their entire organization is dedicated to valuing used vehicles. But, wait hold up. THIS 250. This one. Nobody ever thought this could happen. And no one has ever bought a used 250 in the pacific northwest before. So this one is something different. No way that we could know what this is worth.

C'mon give me a break. I'm not saying that it's only worth exactly what they value it at. But 3X? I mean I don't blame the guy for going for it. I don't use blue book value when I post stuff. But I damn sure use it when I BUY stuff. And anybody who will go 3x....well....gold runs from a fool.

|

6/13/2017 8:42 PM

kage173 wrote:

@mx510 - Wow. You're a genius. The entire Kelly Blue Book company just became obsolete due to your new valuation algorithm. I can't believe they never thought of that.

Well?....you obviously didn't. KBB is a complete and utter worthless tool when it comes to this sport or anything that sells in it.

What do you think a a mint 93' CR 250 sells for? $450.00.....because KBB says that's what it's worth?

Take that Kelly blue book....and throw it out the god damned window when it comes to anything ( yes anything ! ) when it comes to used dirt bikes. There are some out there worth over 1 million.....what do you think your precious KBB values that same bike at? Worthless.

|

6/13/2017 8:43 PM

kage173 wrote:

nytsmaC wrote:

kage173 wrote:

Their entire organization is dedicated to valuing used vehicles. But, wait hold up. THIS 250. This one. Nobody ever thought this could happen. And no one has ever bought a used 250 in the pacific northwest before. So this one is something different. No way that we could know what this is worth.

C'mon give me a break. I'm not saying that it's only worth exactly what they value it at. But 3X? I mean I don't blame the guy for going for it. I don't use blue book value when I post stuff. But I damn sure use it when I BUY stuff. And anybody who will go 3x....well....gold runs from a fool.

I can see this debate going no where. You have fun haha. Jesus Christ.

|

6/13/2017 8:54 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

kage173 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

I can see this debate going no where. You have fun haha. Jesus Christ.

I have always said kbb has never bought anything . Lol

|

6/13/2017 9:01 PM

kage173 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't mean to come across like an ass here.....but yes , you are clueless ( or at least acting like it ) when it comes to older 2 strokes. That bike is not only worth that , but more , and would sell for much more than that to the right buyer. I'm almost tempted to go buy that thing tomorrow , re-sell it and make some money. And yes....it would.

This is a picture of my 2007 CR250. I bought it last year. It came with a Factory Connection suspension, full Pro Circuit exhaust system and new tires. I paid $2k for it from a doctor and holeshotted the living hell out of the first race I ever took it to. I'll sell it to you tomorrow for $100k since you have so much cash burning a hole in your pocket.

Like I said. KBB is a guideline, not the law. But going 3x over it is silly.
|

6/13/2017 9:02 PM

I'd go by kbb values if I had absolutely no clue what I was talking about too.

|

6/13/2017 9:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2017 9:55 PM

kage173 wrote:

This is a picture of my 2007 CR250. I bought it last year. It came with a Factory Connection suspension, full Pro Circuit exhaust system and new tires. I paid $2k for it from a doctor and holeshotted the living hell out of the first race I ever took it to. I'll sell it to you tomorrow for $100k since you have so much cash burning a hole in your pocket.

Consider yourself fortunate on buying that 07 model for only $2K. It sounds like the doctor who sold it to you didn't know how much that bike is really worth. In my area (CA) you can't find one under $5K & are very few that pop up from time to time on CL. Here is just one example - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/6131688769.html

Here's an 87 CR250r posted on CL for $8.5K. I've been thinking of looking at it since it's been gone through & is in pristine condition. For some one like myself it's worth it since I use to race one back in the day. You really can't go by what KBB values are... https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/6167296124.html

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

6/13/2017 9:48 PM

kage173 wrote:

You got a great deal for 2 grand. Did you have any motor work done, ditch the stock carb or fix the POS airbox ? You bought the bike a year ago and ran it at Winter Grove MX in.... 2015 ?

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/13/2017 9:59 PM

The only time I've ever used KBB for a dirt bike was the fist one I bought. I was trying to grow my credit, so I financed. Used 06 YZ250F with a down payment. KBB is pretty useless after 5 years or so.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

6/13/2017 10:00 PM

Two people will be very happy when the posted bike sells, the seller and buyer, that's all that matters.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/13/2017 10:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2017 10:04 PM

kage173 wrote:

Sure ya did kid.

Hey....how much do you think this old Suzuki 370 is worth? You think I might be able to get close to 3 X the KBB value of it? Think maybe I could get a grand...possibly even two grand out of her?

|

6/13/2017 10:15 PM

Seriously kbb value is worthless in this example and most in mx bikes.

People who quote kbb for a bike like that are clowns

|

6/13/2017 10:26 PM

If that bike was an 05-07 it would fetch over $4k I'm guessing. The guy should have no problem getting $32-3500 for it.

|

6/14/2017 3:19 AM

J-Dub, you need to go buy that thing! Jeffbro too if you ain't gonna get it!

Kage173, your sprocket bolts need to be torqued. I think your "Factory" ECU has shorted out too.

|

6/14/2017 3:24 AM

kage173 wrote:

nytsmaC wrote:

kage173 wrote:

Congratulations, Kage. You're the fifth dumbest poster I've come across here at Vital. Well done. Another little secret for you...

Did you know car dealers don't use KBB? Oh yeah, they have their own "Black" book. Ask a salesman sometime when you're old enough to buy a car.

|

6/14/2017 3:54 AM

They're asking ridiculous money for just about any old two stroke here...Bike sales and Gumtree online sites are full of them.
I was very lucky to get an 06 yz 125 in pretty fair condition for $2,300 recently, guy had $2,600 on it an was inundated with offers of $2k. There are plenty of 06 to 11 models around for $3.5 right up to $6 k.
I have not seen one since approaching that value for money.
So called " vintage " mx bikes here.... Usually around $5 to 7 k for late 80's to mid 90's...some well restored ..others just trying it on...
But as a rule.... Expect to pay a lot less for say.. A 2010 yz 250 f than a 2010 yz 250 two stroke..

Back in the early 80's through to the mid 90's, it was not uncommon for people to just keep their old bikes as they were so valueless. People had sheds full of them, I wonder where the hell they all are now?
I used to buy 1 or even two new bikes a year back in those days, I really looked after my bikes and they were always in real good nic at selling time, but I don't recall ever getting even half what I paid for any of them after one season...

Four strokes sure have changed the scene in a lot of ways

|

2017 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition

6/14/2017 4:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2017 4:02 AM

Yep that CR is a steall for a Honda fan who wants to race it...
It's a steal for someone who wants to just keep it and not ride it.
Honda don't make two strokes anymore and probably never will again...
All such bikes, Hondas , Suzukis and Kawasakis are becoming more or less ,collectors items, or people just wanna own one and ride one so bad ,they'll pay the asking price.
He could probably get more for it

|

2017 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2017 YZ 250

6/14/2017 4:26 AM

This one cracks me up...been on bike sales for ages...95 model...$3,000!
Stunning isn't it! I'm thinking of ringing the guy up and asking if he'll throw in the dumbbell he's using as a wheel chock
|

2017 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2017 YZ 250

6/14/2017 4:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2017 4:32 AM

Ok retracting some comments: $3750 is worth it for that bike as it's near new. But 07's that are all clapped out going for upwards of $4K is just crazy in my eyes. I would put an extra couple grand down, and buy a new Yamaha.

|