Popular Science: Titanium femurs are real, but so are their risks

stillwelding
Bearuno
2/14/2020 6:49am
The mention of Cobalt within that article reminded me of a scandal / terrible thing for many patients here in OZ, with regards to a particular brand Hip Prosthesis.

They were mainly fitted in South Australia, and things went terribly wrong with them. They showed the black gunk ( only way for a layman like me to to describe it, but as a 'visual', entirely accurate) that developed at the replacement site, and how it ate into the rest of the bone structures, and into the rest of the patients bodies. Horrendous stuff Sick . And, the Doctors and Manufacturers knew about the problems, yet, kept pushing and using the prosthesis.

Don't get me wrong - I'm in no way 'anti' Prosthesis, I've got a lot of hardware throughout my body - mostly Ti - keeping me going, but, things can go wrong. Especially when Companies and Doctors f**k up.
Momus
2/14/2020 7:38am
No SXers are likely to be pre-emptively fitting these.
loftyair
2/14/2020 7:47am
Wheres that carbon-fiber exoskeleton at? Then I can pretend im a pro for a couple corners, eat shit, and do it again!😃 Oh, make it inexpensive too.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/14/2020 9:44am
loftyair wrote:
Wheres that carbon-fiber exoskeleton at? Then I can pretend im a pro for a couple corners, eat shit, and do it again!😃 Oh, make it inexpensive...
Wheres that carbon-fiber exoskeleton at? Then I can pretend im a pro for a couple corners, eat shit, and do it again!😃 Oh, make it inexpensive too.
*Motorized. With servos that can be programmed to match Ken Roczen's movements. I'd like to see just how fast I can go!

Post a reply to: Popular Science: Titanium femurs are real, but so are their risks

The Latest