Pop Quiz Thread

Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 8:23am
I'll go first,

When was Mike Larocco's last Hole shot in Supercross?

(pretty sure i have the right answer)
|
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
1/12/2018 7:12am
Mike Larocco? The king of win from the back? I'd say never.
1/12/2018 7:13am
March 20th, 2004 at Indy Supercross. He went on to win, and it was his last win at 33 yrs old. I have never heard a crowd cheer that loud for all 20 laps in all of my years of attending SX!! Gives me goosebumps thinking about it (I’m from Indiana and a big LaRocco fan!)!

The Shop

1/12/2018 7:49am

Dunno if this was his last one but the main event here is pretty epic with Larocco. (main event starts at 26 minutes)
TDeath21
1/12/2018 7:51am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 7:53am
I guess someone else is supposed to go next?

I’ll do an easy one. Who was the first person to win both eastern and western regional 125/250 SX Championships? And what years did they accomplish this feat?

No cheating either. That’s no fun.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
1/12/2018 8:17am
TDeath21 wrote:
I guess someone else is supposed to go next? I’ll do an easy one. Who was the first person to win both eastern and western regional...
I guess someone else is supposed to go next?

I’ll do an easy one. Who was the first person to win both eastern and western regional 125/250 SX Championships? And what years did they accomplish this feat?

No cheating either. That’s no fun.
Ernesto Fonseca 99 East and 2001 West.
SCR
1/12/2018 10:38am
Rick Melon.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/12/2018 11:06am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 11:12am
I said Andrew Short because I remember after that Supercross.com team folded or whatever that he practically rode a stock Honda with suspension. That's as privateer as it gets in my opinion.

Edit: Seattle SX, April 21st 2012.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/12/2018 11:51am
Would you count CR22 as a privateer back when he rode Honda on his own dime?
A rich privateer with a semi full of parts and works suspension, but yeah, a privateer. Wink
1/12/2018 12:53pm
Would you count CR22 as a privateer back when he rode Honda on his own dime?
Falcon wrote:
A rich privateer with a semi full of parts and works suspension, but yeah, a privateer. Wink
Haha yeah can’t really put him in the full “privateer” category
Donovan759
1/12/2018 12:55pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I said Andrew Short because I remember after that Supercross.com team folded or whatever that he practically rode a stock Honda with suspension. That's as privateer...
I said Andrew Short because I remember after that Supercross.com team folded or whatever that he practically rode a stock Honda with suspension. That's as privateer as it gets in my opinion.

He rode faster than he did on factory Honda too. What a great race to watch.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/12/2018 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 1:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I said Andrew Short because I remember after that Supercross.com team folded or whatever that he practically rode a stock Honda with suspension. That's as privateer...

Donovan759 wrote:
I think it was his first and only win in the 450 class.

Lowest amount paid for a main event win? Probably him lol. No factory bonus, probably no contingency and just what Feld paid out.
1/12/2018 1:10pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Donovan759 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think it was his first and only win in the 450 class. Lowest amount paid for a main event win? Probably him lol. No factory...

Lowest amount paid for a main event win? Probably him lol. No factory bonus, probably no contingency and just what Feld paid out.
Was that when Kenny ran an one off 450 race and finished second? I almost felt like Kenny let his bro have it that day ?
1/12/2018 1:48pm
Dude, don’t you wish at least one W for Guy Cooper. Saw him racing a couple of times here in Sweden during the off-season races. There’s a reason for the nickname “Airtime” ✊

Isn’t there some similarities between him and Andrew Short? I feel they are almost like two of a kind from different decades.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/12/2018 3:31pm
Donovan759 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think it was his first and only win in the 450 class. Lowest amount paid for a main event win? Probably him lol. No factory...

Poppanator wrote:
Was that when Kenny ran an one off 450 race and finished second? I almost felt like Kenny let his bro have it that day ?
Not sure about him letting him win but Roczen did get 2nd and Weimer got 3rd.

Either way it was a great ride for Short.
Motoxdoc
1/12/2018 3:37pm
Both had 0 wins in the big boy class. But TP had an Anahiem round in the bag before he got it all wrong!

Can anybody name the 3 MX tracks that were at Escape Country? The other name for Escape Country? How about the name of the community where Escape Country used to be?

The facility they used to hold the "Viewfinders GP" at?

How about the name of the biggest jump, on the stadium floor, at the first supercross?

Obviously I'm from So Cal!

RandyS
1/12/2018 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 7:34pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Both had 0 wins in the big boy class. But TP had an Anahiem round in the bag before he got it all wrong! Can anybody...
Both had 0 wins in the big boy class. But TP had an Anahiem round in the bag before he got it all wrong!

Can anybody name the 3 MX tracks that were at Escape Country? The other name for Escape Country? How about the name of the community where Escape Country used to be?

How about the name of the biggest jump, on the stadium floor, at the first supercross?

Cooper had San Jose in the bag until Matasevich took him out giving Dubach his only win and robbing Cooper of what would have been his only.
228YZ
1/12/2018 7:41pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Both had 0 wins in the big boy class. But TP had an Anahiem round in the bag before he got it all wrong! Can anybody...

Was the jump named the coke a cola catapult or something like
that?
1/12/2018 8:38pm
Motoxdoc wrote:

RandyS wrote:
Cooper had San Jose in the bag until Matasevich took him out giving Dubach his only win and robbing Cooper of what would have been his...
Cooper had San Jose in the bag until Matasevich took him out giving Dubach his only win and robbing Cooper of what would have been his only.
Yep, bummer for Coop. Still a champ outdoors, which was, at the time, and still is IMO, a greater accomplishment
1/12/2018 10:51pm
Motoxdoc wrote:

RandyS wrote:
Cooper had San Jose in the bag until Matasevich took him out giving Dubach his only win and robbing Cooper of what would have been his...
MOTOCAM25 wrote:
Yep, bummer for Coop. Still a champ outdoors, which was, at the time, and still is IMO, a greater accomplishment
Especially when the 125’s ran all rounds and the 250 and 500 split the rounds.

Btw: did anyone other than JMB win SX 250 and MX 250 and MX 500 the same year?
aroark247
1/13/2018 8:23am
DYE wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/13/237732/s1200_A464453C_F38D_43BF_8B94_054ADDE442F9.jpg[/img]

Hold my beer and Deezenut's

Post a reply to: Pop Quiz Thread

The Latest