Pontiac Silverdome Fails To Implode

Polski934
12/6/2017 7:03am
MX-LIFE. wrote:
I remember watching SX at the silverdome and that place was always packed!! Today SX attendance is weak! Sometimes the TV coverage dosen't show the upper...
I remember watching SX at the silverdome and that place was always packed!! Today SX attendance is weak! Sometimes the TV coverage dosen't show the upper seats because they are empty! Go back and watch some of the earlier races and check out the attendance compared to now but the silverdome Always seemed to be sold out!
They used to sell those tread head seats for next to nothing! Now there is nothing cheap about going to a race. I wish they would...
They used to sell those tread head seats for next to nothing! Now there is nothing cheap about going to a race. I wish they would bring them back
$10 general admission!!!! That packed the place but the demographic of people was always interesting. Same at Monster Jam

And to the guy who said it was easier to get in and out of is nuts...it would take 3hrs to get out of that parking lot if you didn't leave early. The tailgate parties were epic though, and the had amateur racing the day after.
motomike137
12/6/2017 7:25am
The silverdome is in Pontiac not Detroit. So how does you not ever going to Detroit have anything to do with your story?
Donovan759 wrote:
Well, I'm from Pittsburgh & I was 12 at the time. We drove through Detroit to get to Pontiac. After the 4.5 hour drive to Detriot...
Well, I'm from Pittsburgh & I was 12 at the time. We drove through Detroit to get to Pontiac. After the 4.5 hour drive to Detriot, the extra 30 min to Pontiac wasn't much of a difference. Maybe I should just broaden it to Michigan. Your whole state sucks. That better? Laughing
bball35 wrote:
Michigan does suck. That's why they are all moving to the Carolina. I'm surprised there is anyone left in the those states with the amount of...
Michigan does suck. That's why they are all moving to the Carolina. I'm surprised there is anyone left in the those states with the amount of snowbirds down here now.
Those of us that live here and love everything the state has to offer are perfectly happy that you clowns have no idea what you are talking about and are glad that you don't want to live here Wink
bball35
12/6/2017 8:04am
Those of us that live here and love everything the state has to offer are perfectly happy that you clowns have no idea what you are...
Those of us that live here and love everything the state has to offer are perfectly happy that you clowns have no idea what you are talking about and are glad that you don't want to live here Wink
I just wish more of your former Michigan natives thought the same thing. All these housing developments being thrown up here is taking away riding areas.
Donovan759
12/6/2017 8:07am
Those of us that live here and love everything the state has to offer are perfectly happy that you clowns have no idea what you are...
Damn, Mike. No need be throwing out the insults...

The Shop

motomike137
12/6/2017 8:34am
Donovan759 wrote:
Damn, Mike. No need be throwing out the insults... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/06/229841/s1200_Capture_clown.jpg[/img]
Damn, Mike. No need be throwing out the insults...

I get testy when people dis the mitten!
Donovan759
12/6/2017 8:46am
No disrespect from me. Just joking around.
Freddie
12/6/2017 10:17am
thought this was pretty cool when it was posted a couple of years ago... sad to see such an iconic stadium go.

MudPup545
12/6/2017 10:38am
Donovan759 wrote:
Man.... I started a shit storm. Sorry. I didn't take it personal when you told about your experience here years ago. I've had good/bad moments in just about every place I've been. It happens.
bball35
12/6/2017 10:40am
Donovan759 wrote:
MudPup545 wrote:
Man.... I started a shit storm. Sorry. I didn't take it personal when you told about your experience here years ago. I've had good/bad moments in...
Man.... I started a shit storm. Sorry. I didn't take it personal when you told about your experience here years ago. I've had good/bad moments in just about every place I've been. It happens.
Yall quit kissing and making up. I want people to be pissed and talk shit to each other!!
web mx
12/15/2017 10:57am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2017 10:58am

Some of my racing memories at pontiac.
downard254
12/15/2017 11:16am
Ok, just for shits and giggles, I went to maps on my phone and pulled up the Silverstone. Can anyone from the area tell me what was going on from this screenshot. Seems like an awful lot of cars in the lot.

kkawboy14
12/15/2017 11:18am
downard254 wrote:
Ok, just for shits and giggles, I went to maps on my phone and pulled up the Silverstone. Can anyone from the area tell me what...
Ok, just for shits and giggles, I went to maps on my phone and pulled up the Silverstone. Can anyone from the area tell me what was going on from this screenshot. Seems like an awful lot of cars in the lot.

Pros Punt, pass, kick competition?
rhargrave431
12/15/2017 11:20am
downard254 wrote:
Ok, just for shits and giggles, I went to maps on my phone and pulled up the Silverstone. Can anyone from the area tell me what...

They are all the diesel Volkswagens with that failed emission thing. They are stored in several places around the country.
downard254
12/15/2017 12:18pm
downard254 wrote:

They are all the diesel Volkswagens with that failed emission thing. They are stored in several places around the country.
DAMN! That’s a lot of Jetta’s.

Post a reply to: Pontiac Silverdome Fails To Implode

The Latest