Podcast Madness

Braz
Fantasy
1033rd
4/16/2019 9:11pm
Would it be possible for a pod to be done live during the races? Not one that is directly commentating the race per se since I’m sure Feld wouldn’t allow that (not quite sure how to get around that) but a couple respected moto industry guys discussing the race as it’s happening, bringing up all the things every true moto fan is thinking instead of the stupid ass shit Ralph and “Rick” are spewing.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
4/16/2019 9:11pm
GypsyTails has been my go too.. The dude talks more like a general conversation and not like an interview. makes it easy to listen and covers all sorts of athletes from around the world.
4/17/2019 4:15am
Pulp and whiskey throttle for me, whiskey throttle reminds me of inside the rut which I used to love. There are some good episodes of inside the rut if you want to go back and listen to them.
4/17/2019 4:36am
Pulp, Vital, Swap, shifting gears and Keefer tested but yea no way to keep up on all of those. Do you think Darkside wears Cargo's and calls his girlfriend Pookie?

The Shop

Patrick461
4/17/2019 5:22am
Pulp, except when keefer is on and exhaust. Have even been to pulp live. But boycotting now since they all act like teenagers when keefer is on. Let him do his own thing Steve. You don’t need him
billyp330
4/17/2019 6:02am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 6:02am
I listen to Pulp, Whiskey, and 447. I really enjoy them all but lately been getting really annoyed with Steve. He is constantly making fun of Ricky from the first episode of realtalk447, even though he admittedly never actually listened to it. I will admit the first couple were rough, however they improved a lot in a short amount of time. They have some great stories that you could never hear from any other source. I think its very ignorant of Steve to keep trash talking another podcast that he has never even listened too. Also too, Just wanted to point out that he has constant mic, background noise, dropped calls, etc on his own shows as well, yet he keeps hammering them for a tech issue on their first podcast ever. I do still enjoy his shows, but he needs to back off on 447 as he is clearly biased and doesn't know wtf he is talking about. Makes him sound like such a hypocritical douche.

I really like Keefer and his after dark segments. He seems like a cool dude and I feel I can relate to him in some ways. Sorry, but the after dark with Nicole sucked. And the whole DM segment was boring and made her sound a little full of herself to me. I would never send any of those DMs that she received, but she constantly puts up half naked pics of herself on social media for all to see and then complains that guys send her sexual DMs? Common sense tells ya she likes the attention. I like Jake normally, but that time was pretty bad. He clearly had to much to drink and was hard to listen to.

I have tried DMXS and Main Event a few times, but can't get into them. Not sure what it is honestly. I like Blair on Pulp, but don't care for him on his own.

Whiskey Throttle is good. I liked GL and Ping when they would come on to Pulp and I feel like they are just as good on their own show as they were when on Pulp.
Barrett57
4/17/2019 6:04am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 6:39am
Whiskey Throttle and Mx Vice. I hope whisky throttle can get Mitch Payton on at some point, such a good format and the man is a legend.
Darryl916
4/17/2019 6:12am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 1:00pm
I guess I am complaining a little but only because it's about 20 hours of great content a week that I can't possibly take in, even though I want to.
4/17/2019 6:25am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 6:26am
Not to add to that podcast problem, but we started an MXGP show on MX Vice around a month ago! There was a gap in the market for it, so we thought we'd jump in.

We are six episodes in, so still looking to improve, learn and find our feet a little! Here is a link to the latest episode, which was just after the MXGP of Trentino...

https://mxvice.com/105751/the-mx-vice-show-6
wpark89
4/17/2019 6:26am
There is more moto media out there weekly than it's possible to keep up with and have a life. I always had time to read MXA cover to cover in the 80s and 90s but I feel like I'm not following as close as I used to because there is just too much stuff available.

Listened to DMXS back in the early 2000's but never do anymore. Who can tune into Pulp for hours on Monday night? Every time I try to turn it on and get on the treadmill or do something after the kids are in bed I happen to hit the huge commercial break or Keefer After Dark.

Whisky Throttle is the only thing I won't miss now. I like the format and GL and Ping have gotten better in the last few months. I know it will be difficult to get some guests...but I think they open up more than some of these podcast phone calls where a guy seems rushed and you hear dishes and car doors in the background.
Ing
4/17/2019 6:35am
What's a podcast?
rohleder644
4/17/2019 6:46am
I love how you're automatically a whiny little bitch if you post any kind of criticism or complaint, no matter how benign it is.

I can't do podcasts. I don't have time in my life to listen to 3 hours of witty banter and casual conversation with an hour of really cool content peppered in there. Like previously posted, I can buzz through a straight to the point article in 10 to 15 minutes when I get a chance.

I understand that podcasts are just the way things are moving. It's certainly not a moto exclusive phenomenon. But it seems online articles have fallen by the wayside in favor of these podcasts. Sucks for me, as I've definitely fallen out of touch a little.

*disclaimer* this was written as a means of discussion. In no way am I implying that moto media should bend to my whim. No need to tell me i'm a douche for "complaining". I'm well aware of my mind-boggling levels of douchery.
kage173
4/17/2019 9:54am
Why is this 'trouble' for you? Is someone holding a gun to your head to listen to it all? Does your wife give you a quiz every night and then lock you in a closet if you miss an answer.

Stop whining. Not everything is a problem.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
4/17/2019 10:03am
This is a good era for me with all the choices of mx stuff to listen to while I do mind numbing tasks such as driving, working out, cutting grass, working etc....

I can't listen to them all but choose the ones I like best. They are all free so us as fans are the winners.
BobPA
4/17/2019 10:05am
kage173 wrote:
Why is this 'trouble' for you? Is someone holding a gun to your head to listen to it all? Does your wife give you a quiz...
Why is this 'trouble' for you? Is someone holding a gun to your head to listen to it all? Does your wife give you a quiz every night and then lock you in a closet if you miss an answer.

Stop whining. Not everything is a problem.
We got a badass over here, watch out. Why don’t you stop bitching about someone bitching?
kage173
4/17/2019 12:01pm
BobPA wrote:
We got a badass over here, watch out. Why don’t you stop bitching about someone bitching?
lol ok Bob. Please don't get mad. I'll stop bitching about someone bitching.
Darryl916
4/17/2019 1:06pm
I love how you're automatically a whiny little bitch if you post any kind of criticism or complaint, no matter how benign it is. I can't...
I love how you're automatically a whiny little bitch if you post any kind of criticism or complaint, no matter how benign it is.

I can't do podcasts. I don't have time in my life to listen to 3 hours of witty banter and casual conversation with an hour of really cool content peppered in there. Like previously posted, I can buzz through a straight to the point article in 10 to 15 minutes when I get a chance.

I understand that podcasts are just the way things are moving. It's certainly not a moto exclusive phenomenon. But it seems online articles have fallen by the wayside in favor of these podcasts. Sucks for me, as I've definitely fallen out of touch a little.

*disclaimer* this was written as a means of discussion. In no way am I implying that moto media should bend to my whim. No need to tell me i'm a douche for "complaining". I'm well aware of my mind-boggling levels of douchery.
This is funny that I also feel like I have to place a disclaimer on stuff just to have a conversation on here about Moto. ?

Post a reply to: Podcast Madness

The Latest