Podcast Madness

Darryl916
I'm not sure how I feel about all these Podcast shows springing up everywhere lately. When it was just a couple really bad ones and the only (in my opinion) really good one was PulpMX it was somewhat easy to digest with some planning. Since now everyone and their mom has a weekly Podcast show I find it hard to find time to listen to them all or choosing which one to make time for.

Pulp takes me a week to listen to most of the time, little bits at a time. Monday night for like 4 hours staright thru that late on the east coast is pretty hard.

Do you guys have the same trouble? This seems to be the new way to get the MX/SX news, am I the only one that misses just reading articles? Reading seemed so much more efficient. I don't want to sit at work with headphones on, for those with a family at home forcing them to listen to mx stuff for hours in the evening, or zone out from everyone around with headphones on. If you don't have a long commute alone it's damn hard to listen to hours and hours of podcasts.

What's the driving force behind this new wave? Is it more lucrative for the publishers? Easier to post content? A good idea turned copycats?

Thoughts?

|
kb228
4/15/2019 10:48am
Im in an office 55 hours a week. Tbh theres not enough podcasts lol. Just depends on the persons time to listen to stuff.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
4/15/2019 10:49am
Yeah its oversaturated. I mostly just listen to pulp and now vital. Occasionally I'll listen to AJ or some other random person.
4/15/2019 10:52am
I can listen all day at work. Reading is time consuming. Can't do anything else while you are reading. I agree that until recently Pulp was all I considered to be good weekly racing content, but DMXS is good in other ways. All these new podcasts have given me a reason to cut out the lame ones (motoXpod), so I like it.

The Shop

MXD
4/15/2019 10:59am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2019 11:03am
My three staples are
Pulp
Main Event
Whiskey Throttle

What makes a good podcast for me is the chemistry between the team. Matthes and his co-hosts, DB and Producer Joe and Grant and Ping all do a fantastic job of making it entertaining regardless of the guests. When it's just one host, I can't get into it. Some of them make me feel like I'm listening to an audio book.

Honorable mention: Weege. I'll listen if he has a guest that I'm interested in hearing from. He's the one exception to my "team chemistry" point above. He does a good job for a guy doing it solo.
aeffertz
4/15/2019 11:01am
It’s not just Moto, literally anything and everyone you know has a podcast. Not a bad thing, find ones you like and listen to em. I’d be going insane if I tried to listen to every Moto podcast that exsisted. I have 6 shows that I follow that fill up my week, some Moto some not.
Premix
4/15/2019 11:02am
I'm constantly driving for work or stuck at my desk. Good way to pass the time. I enjoy reading a well written article like the We went Fast ones as well. Pulp, Main Event, and Whiskey Throttle are really the only moto ones I listen to.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
4/15/2019 11:25am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2019 11:26am
I Drive a Lot and Listen to Podcasts every day some moto & some Not never the radio anymore , i feel so up to date on the sport that im pretty sure i could do my own podcast Smile
But with so many Its Just listen to the ones you like , no different than finding a show to watch on cable tv your definitely not going to watch them all.
I listen to Most Pulp, and MotoXpod, i feel like Darkside is still trying to find his niche but he has gotten better,and is getting some big name people on (Jeremy McGrath)
And he seems like an all around nice guy.
Ive always kinda though the Dmsx guys were asshole's
Just kinda loud and rude call people names , make fun of people for not knowing how to use power tools etc.
But they Do a series with Coach Robb that is Gold
He is a great guy imo for anyone that hasn't listened to the podcasts with him on i would highly recommend.
Goon126
4/15/2019 11:49am
Wait so you are complaining that you have too many options to choose from when it comes to mx podcast? Are you forced to listen to them all? I'm confused
akmx17
4/15/2019 12:28pm
There is to much free shit, lets bitch.

Jesus Christ.

Just don't listen.
Braaaphole
4/15/2019 12:38pm
There are a lot of them now, choose the ones you like and have time to listen to. I personally don't have time for all of them so I pick and choose. The better ones will rise to the top and the others will eventually fall off.
I listen to Pulp, DMXS, MotoXpod, Whiskey Throttle, and Racer X exhaust primarily. I don't listen to the interview shows, recaps, or any of that, just the main shows. I'll listen to main event when I have time, but have dropped it for the most part.
tprice07
4/15/2019 12:49pm
There are a lot of Podcasts but they each seem to have their niche to me.

If anyone is looking at doing a new podcast please don't rip off the existing formats. I think we would benefit from a race companion podcast. Also, instead of doing a PulpMX wrap up podcast do a highlights show for those that don't have 4-5 hours to devote to an entire show.
4/15/2019 12:59pm
My mom has a podcast now? Well, for that I will apologize. Otherwise I don't see any other reason to complain. It's not like you have to listen to them all to get to your favorite ones. You can skip the ones you don't want and you don't even have to fast forward them. But again, I'm truly sorry about my mom.
Adam43
4/15/2019 1:32pm
There is an abundance of moto podcasts, but still a shortage of good ones.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
4/15/2019 2:41pm
I mountain bike a ton so with 2 hour rides daily I get through all the pulp ones. Then driving to ride (sometimes an hour drive/to friends houses) I get through the other ones like whisky throttle and some of the racer x ones. I like having them all. Gives me choices
4/15/2019 3:27pm
Can't get enough.. Anything Pulp, Whiskey Throttle, Weege's Exhaust, and the VitalMX ones are my go to's. Have stopped listening to MainEventMoto because even though I'm a big DB fan, I can't stand Vincent Blair so badly that I've just stopped listening to that one entirely.
DKmxFAN
4/15/2019 4:22pm
Just like anything else in life the best will continue and the others will fade...
RexEasely
4/15/2019 8:19pm
When at work focus on work.
When driving focus on driving.

I listen only when working in my garage on my own free time.
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
4/16/2019 12:22am
I used to listen to everything Matthes put out but recently after starting a new job with a different roster I’ve struggled to keep up. Only time I listen is when I’m working on my bike
Sierra Ranger
4/16/2019 12:44am
I wish I had more time to listen to all the content- at a certain point you can't get caught up on stuff you want to hear. But it's better to have too much than not enough.
Podcasts are great if you spend a lot of time driving or flying, and Pulp is still the granddaddy and the best one, I have been listening to Matthes pretty much since the beginning. I am just a fan and listener, but I pretty much feel like I know Matthes/Weege/JT as bros. It's an amazing amount of content and entertainment.
Frank
4/16/2019 1:45am
More the better. They are all great to listen to while at the gym, driving and working in the garage. I don't get why they would film/youtube/facebook live a podcast though. Who the hell watches people talk and why?
Dougy1
4/16/2019 3:05am
Darryl916 wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about all these Podcast shows springing up everywhere lately. When it was just a couple really bad ones and the...
I'm not sure how I feel about all these Podcast shows springing up everywhere lately. When it was just a couple really bad ones and the only (in my opinion) really good one was PulpMX it was somewhat easy to digest with some planning. Since now everyone and their mom has a weekly Podcast show I find it hard to find time to listen to them all or choosing which one to make time for.

Pulp takes me a week to listen to most of the time, little bits at a time. Monday night for like 4 hours staright thru that late on the east coast is pretty hard.

Do you guys have the same trouble? This seems to be the new way to get the MX/SX news, am I the only one that misses just reading articles? Reading seemed so much more efficient. I don't want to sit at work with headphones on, for those with a family at home forcing them to listen to mx stuff for hours in the evening, or zone out from everyone around with headphones on. If you don't have a long commute alone it's damn hard to listen to hours and hours of podcasts.

What's the driving force behind this new wave? Is it more lucrative for the publishers? Easier to post content? A good idea turned copycats?

Thoughts?

For me it’s a lot different .. I work in emergency services I find podcasts an amazing way too get through my day when it’s quite , Also don’t forget tinkering in the garage or mowing the lawn with an ear plug in
I love all the new podcasts and pulp. ...but understand in other lines of work it’s not feasible to listen or stay focused on the pod..
I’ve posted in other threads on this but although I liked whisky throttle at the start it’s starting to run a little flat and not reliable , 447 is pretty good but sorry to pick on him but Ricky I think is wearing his welcome matt out a bit, as he is commentating in SX so he’s very repetitious.
Weeges podcast podcast is a bit of a punish but at least it’s every week and straight after the last SX race and pretty good questions although he’s a bit of a brown noser ?
Dmxs is actually solid and I rely enjoy there content including from coach Rob.
But the winner is clearly anything from Mathes ..
Him and Jt and wedge are a hit but also Keefer and other crew are solid and funny and easy listening.
There new live stuff on stage is awesome and hilarious and his weekly stuff is great. Ageeed some are too long , but I just switch off when I’m bored and move to another podcast ..
That’s the beauty of so much to choose from .. for me it’s a win win ..

Kyle_McNab
4/16/2019 4:55am
Times are changing podcast are growing not just moto. I’d rather have pulp main event Dmxs swap Zacho off camber and whiskey throttle. There are tons of nfl nba mma that I could careless about. Nobody wants to buy a magazine or book. Take or leave what you want , nobody’s forcing you to listen to them all.
mx965
4/16/2019 5:55am
God forbid there be TOO MUCH free content for you to consume.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
4/16/2019 5:58am
The only one I can listen to consistently is Pulp. The rest usually get on my nerves for one reason or another. It's weird I like Blair when he's on Pulp, but to listen to his show is like nails on a chalkboard most of the time. Same thing for that hippies show.

BobPA
4/16/2019 6:24am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2019 6:24am
I am right there with you OP. Podcasts are way too time consuming to me. I can read an entire detailed article in 10-15 minutes instead of listening to a podcast for an hour. Not bitching about all the content, I think it just a terrible way to present it.
gt80rider
4/16/2019 6:28am
The driving force is......... if a website has a podcast, they can sell advertising for it, plain and simple......
daemon616
4/16/2019 9:07pm
Whiskey, Real 477, Pulpmx, Main Event Moto, Swap, Michael Lindsay, Vital, RacerX. surely I'm forgetting someone, sorry about that, but in a sport you want to grow you're going to complain about more coverage? GTFO.

Vlogs from AC, Deano, Tyler Entiknap. This isn't the dumbest thread I've seen but it's up there.

Post a reply to: Podcast Madness

The Latest