Pod K700 knee braces?

Indy mxer
Edited Date/Time 3/14/2013 6:44am
I'm seriously considering these. Was also looking at Asterisk Ultra cells. But a buddy of mine has a set and says it's hard to find pants that will fit over them. MXA liked the pods, but I was wanting some feedback from riders who have tried them.

Thanks in advance!!
|
Zaugg
3/13/2013 4:43pm
I'd try them before you buy them...and by "them" I mean multiple brands. Before you make the investment, if you can try them on and walk around in them, you'll get a better idea of their comfort.

I started with one brand (pods) and just happened to try another and found them to be more comfortable (Asterisk Cyto-cell). The pods were good...I just found the asterisks to be more comfortable.

Remember, everyone's knees are different so instead of taking the word of all the "experts" on this forum, I'd just try them out if you can and then spend the money on a set you'll actually wear...instead of complain about after the fact.
SwapperMX
3/13/2013 4:44pm
The POD knee braces are great. I had always used Asterisks previously, but got sick of having them rebuilt cos they always fell apart. The K700's seem to fit me better than the asterisks, and offer high levels of support. Couldn't be happier with mine.
Indy mxer
3/13/2013 6:57pm
Thanks for the input.
I was just trying to get some real world opinions.
Unfortunately around here dealers don't stock knee braces. So trying them on isn't an option. You just have to do some research and take a shot.
But my dealer is real good about returns. If I don't like them they'll let me send them back and try another brand.
ob
3/13/2013 7:06pm
Be prepared to rebuild them often. The ligaments seen to wear out and break easy. The rep told me thats whats suposed to happen, but its a pain and not really cheap. I do like them more than my custom cti's.

The Shop

Trig331
3/13/2013 7:08pm
I've had both Asterisk and POD's. I actually prefer the pods as they are more comfortable for me, but the Asterisks had a little more actual coverage of the knee instead of just a cup covering the knee cap.

I actually have the K300 now and really can't tell a difference from the K700's i had previously. They're a little heavier, but I don't notice and the price is quite a bit better.
tomcat
3/14/2013 5:51am
I have owned three different brands and here is my hands on expereance.. 1)asterisk are comfy but have to much slop in the floating hinge and I don't see how they could save your knee.. 2)cti has way better supportive hinges and comfortable to race in but I didn't care for the way the frame is raised off your leg a little because of the plastic mounts for the straps.. 3) Donjoy is my prefered brace ,quality hinge and tight fit with the frame across the front upper thigh and behind the calf resulting in better support,, I opted to use the cti patella cup instead of getting the donjoy cups,, Thats my 2 cents worth after wearing and racing in all three,,peace out
yota
3/14/2013 6:44am
I have the 1st gen pods and they arte head and shoulders better than my previous EVS carbons.

Post a reply to: Pod K700 knee braces?

The Latest