Plessinger staying at Star?

Silas444
6/23/2021 6:11am
If KTM really - REALLY - wanted Plessinger, they'd be throwing so much coin at him Star would stop matching their offers and just let him go. And if KTM isn't doing that, I think it's because they're saving up for Ferrandis. I think he's the one they really want. Him, or Jett.
DonM
6/23/2021 6:24am
With talk in Europe that the mx group may be down sizing to only one factory ktm, husky and gas gas, mabe also ktm have changed...
With talk in Europe that the mx group may be down sizing to only one factory ktm, husky and gas gas, mabe also ktm have changed their minds?
RalphS wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Gate drop had an article on my Facebook feed, saying that the Ktm group were down sizing the amount of riders in the factory ktm, husky...
Gate drop had an article on my Facebook feed, saying that the Ktm group were down sizing the amount of riders in the factory ktm, husky and gas gas teams.
They’re almost as accurate as Cooksey….I wouldn’t put too much faith in Gatedrop….
BobPA
6/23/2021 7:42am
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. AP is riding awesome right now, I don't think a KTM will help him at all outdoors. Indoors, maybe? I'd like to see him stay blue.
6/23/2021 11:56am
KTM USA has some problems or they have flat out given up on the winning the US Nationals and are just showing up for the sponsor contract checks. They might end up being the first SX only Factory Team. Many will disagree but if you win the SX title in the USA you have done your job. To early to tell if KTM MXGP MX1 teams can pull off a title this year. Regardless they make a great product for consumers and I will ride orange the rest of my days. Plessinger is happy and doing well. He should stay with Star.

The Shop

kpiper
6/23/2021 2:07pm
GForce MMG wrote:
KTM USA has some problems or they have flat out given up on the winning the US Nationals and are just showing up for the sponsor...
KTM USA has some problems or they have flat out given up on the winning the US Nationals and are just showing up for the sponsor contract checks. They might end up being the first SX only Factory Team. Many will disagree but if you win the SX title in the USA you have done your job. To early to tell if KTM MXGP MX1 teams can pull off a title this year. Regardless they make a great product for consumers and I will ride orange the rest of my days. Plessinger is happy and doing well. He should stay with Star.
It is KTM's riders that are the problem right now, not the bike.
Johnny Ringo
6/23/2021 2:53pm
Roger obviously has his priorities and it’s not MX...
DonM
6/23/2021 3:45pm
GForce MMG wrote:
KTM USA has some problems or they have flat out given up on the winning the US Nationals and are just showing up for the sponsor...
Excuse me but aren’t they the defending champs….amazing how quick some of you are to write them off….
RMT
6/24/2021 8:46am
DonM wrote:
Excuse me but aren’t they the defending champs….amazing how quick some of you are to write them off….
It is funny how quickly things change. Just two months ago KTM was unbeatable and was the golden standard for factory teams. The bike was magic and any rider will do better if they are on one of the Austrian bikes. Yamaha on the hand was ending careers, needs to drop the reverse cylinder and riders only go there as a last choice.

My how things change.
ZOSICK
6/24/2021 8:51am
DonM wrote:
RMT wrote:
It is funny how quickly things change. Just two months ago KTM was unbeatable and was the golden standard for factory teams. The bike was magic...
It is funny how quickly things change. Just two months ago KTM was unbeatable and was the golden standard for factory teams. The bike was magic and any rider will do better if they are on one of the Austrian bikes. Yamaha on the hand was ending careers, needs to drop the reverse cylinder and riders only go there as a last choice.

My how things change.
Totally agree! Could've have sworn the brand swept the SX/MX last year. Yup...fire everyone lol. Time to scrap everything lol. The blue pig is finally winning and now they are the brand to beat lol.
Zycki11
6/24/2021 8:59am
As mentioned by many before. They are all great bikes. Even the Suzuki no doubt. Reed mentioned he really liked his JGR Suzuki. With that said, the bike is only as good as the communication between rider and engineers. Right now, the Star Yamaha really looks good on the track. It looks planted, stable, turns well etc. Clearly the Kawi is good when you look at AC and Eli even with KYB and Showa components. Zach won last year on a husky, obviously it’s a great bike. GasGas, Husky, Ktm all share information to better themselves. The Honda looks great under Kenny and Chase.

Point being, every team/bike has something to offer. Good times for our sport during the outdoors.
fourfourone
6/24/2021 9:02am
GForce MMG wrote:
you have no idea what you are talking about.
Johnny Ringo
6/24/2021 10:51am
DonM wrote:
RMT wrote:
It is funny how quickly things change. Just two months ago KTM was unbeatable and was the golden standard for factory teams. The bike was magic...

My how things change.
ZOSICK wrote:
Totally agree! Could've have sworn the brand swept the SX/MX last year. Yup...fire everyone lol. Time to scrap everything lol. The blue pig is finally winning...
Totally agree! Could've have sworn the brand swept the SX/MX last year. Yup...fire everyone lol. Time to scrap everything lol. The blue pig is finally winning and now they are the brand to beat lol.
They did not sweep SX/MX last year....

What’s even more troubling is they really have no mega prospects in the pipeline.
6/24/2021 12:16pm
They did not sweep SX/MX last year....

What’s even more troubling is they really have no mega prospects in the pipeline.
First off, Max Vohland is definitely a prospect. And after last weekend, Jalek Swoll has moved pretty high up the Austrian pecking order I bet.

But they don't need prospects for the 450 team, they can just rely on their track record and sign up the best rider available when needed. It might not work out for AP this year, but who knows maybe they land Ferrandis after 2022.

I actually think Savatgy would be a good fit if they really want three 450 riders and I bet he would improve under Roger and Ian's tutelage. Not that Byrne isn't good at his job, but being the guy with the least pressure on the best team might be a boone for Joey.
BroFoSho
6/24/2021 1:40pm
Vital MX 2015 - May 2021: "The Yamaha 450 is horrible and a career-ender. KTM is the gold standard for dirt bike racing"

Vital MX June 2021: "Let me start blowing Star Yamaha after six outdoor motos"
Zycki11
6/24/2021 2:12pm
BroFoSho wrote:
Vital MX 2015 - May 2021: "The Yamaha 450 is horrible and a career-ender. KTM is the gold standard for dirt bike racing" Vital MX June...
Vital MX 2015 - May 2021: "The Yamaha 450 is horrible and a career-ender. KTM is the gold standard for dirt bike racing"

Vital MX June 2021: "Let me start blowing Star Yamaha after six outdoor motos"
In vast experience as well! Haha I kid. Truthfully for me, the ktm really just didn’t feel right and it’s a vibrating sum bitch on your hands and feet.
Up Wind
6/24/2021 9:03pm
GForce MMG wrote:
kpiper wrote:
It is KTM's riders that are the problem right now, not the bike.
Maybe Webb should ride SX for KTM and MX for his old team. Webb is a winner. Its the bike Smile
spojetski
Fantasy
220th
7/15/2021 7:56am
DonM wrote:
They’re almost as accurate as Cooksey….I wouldn’t put too much faith in Gatedrop….
Well, you should, they know more than you about MXGP.
DonM
7/15/2021 8:09am
DonM wrote:
spojetski wrote:
Well, you should, they know more than you about MXGP.
FYI….McCreed/Gatedrop is the same person that used to take out of context excerpts from interviews that others had done to fit his agenda for example the Roczen “interview” article he did where he took excerpts from a RacerX interview and used a quote that was taken out of context that said Kenny hates Herlings when in actuality Kenny said while he’s racing he has the attitude that he hates his competitors and used the example of when he raced Herlings….Kenny had the best response after the article was posted….” I don’t even know who that guy is and I’ve never talked to him”
Lastly how do you know what I know about MXGP?…I’ve been a fan since the 70’s
spojetski
Fantasy
220th
7/15/2021 10:01am
DonM wrote:
FYI….McCreed/Gatedrop is the same person that used to take out of context excerpts from interviews that others had done to fit his agenda for example the...
FYI….McCreed/Gatedrop is the same person that used to take out of context excerpts from interviews that others had done to fit his agenda for example the Roczen “interview” article he did where he took excerpts from a RacerX interview and used a quote that was taken out of context that said Kenny hates Herlings when in actuality Kenny said while he’s racing he has the attitude that he hates his competitors and used the example of when he raced Herlings….Kenny had the best response after the article was posted….” I don’t even know who that guy is and I’ve never talked to him”
Giving a 2017 article as an exemple speaks for itself. Hating gatedrop for other reasons, maybe ? They are top notch 98.98% of the time and have a list of contact in the GP Industry longer than you'd ever dream of. You'll feel sorry for slacking them when standing construct and ice one will announce 2022 plans mate. Following the GP's from your couch since the 70's clearly did not bring you much knowledge. Classic vital'ssssssss
ZOSICK
7/15/2021 10:04am
GForce MMG wrote:
Just thinking out loud here but which brand won the Nats last year again lol. The KTM brand doesn't have issues lol. They don't win one year and the sky is falling lol.
Johnny Depp
7/15/2021 10:07am
5th in SX and likely podium in MX, whatever he does he's going to get PAID!
DonM
7/15/2021 10:12am
DonM wrote:
FYI….McCreed/Gatedrop is the same person that used to take out of context excerpts from interviews that others had done to fit his agenda for example the...
spojetski wrote:
Giving a 2017 article as an exemple speaks for itself. Hating gatedrop for other reasons, maybe ? They are top notch 98.98% of the time and...
Giving a 2017 article as an exemple speaks for itself. Hating gatedrop for other reasons, maybe ? They are top notch 98.98% of the time and have a list of contact in the GP Industry longer than you'd ever dream of. You'll feel sorry for slacking them when standing construct and ice one will announce 2022 plans mate. Following the GP's from your couch since the 70's clearly did not bring you much knowledge. Classic vital'ssssssss
Ok whatever….I’ll stick with Lewis….he never tried to mislead….have a nice day
Johnny Ringo
7/15/2021 11:36am
GForce MMG wrote:
ZOSICK wrote:
Just thinking out loud here but which brand won the Nats last year again lol. The KTM brand doesn't have issues lol. They don't win one...
Just thinking out loud here but which brand won the Nats last year again lol. The KTM brand doesn't have issues lol. They don't win one year and the sky is falling lol.
Husky and Ktm are different bikes. Ask MXA and Vet Riders on this forum.

Post a reply to: Plessinger staying at Star?

The Latest