Plessinger made a bold statement

Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 11:19am
At the team USA press conference, the US trio of Eli Tomac, Justin Barcia and Aaron Plessinger were asked if they kept up with the world championship and know who to look out for as their competition at Red Bud. Their responses varied with some more knowledgeable than others!

Eli Tomac: I mean you see the dominant guys, the dominant guy right now is Herlings. I honestly don’t pay attention to the 250 class very much but Herlings is definitely the guy over their right now!

Justin Barcia: I keep up with them and watch them, I have a some friends over there. There are a lot of good racers but we race a lot of good racers here so it kind of is what it is. There are a lot of good 250 riders and really good 450 riders. We have home field advantage and we will take every advantage we can get over these guys but there is definitely a lot of competition and a lot of good racers.

Aaron Plessinger: Obviously Herlings is killing it over there right now. In the 250 class they have some really good guys but I think Ferrandis was battling with Herlings over there before he came over here and he is honestly the only guy that I see as a really big threat.

Source: http://gatedrop.com/tomac-plessinger-and-barcia-on-the-mxgp-riders/
|
RG1
8/27/2018 9:53am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 10:03am
Ferrandis was hardly battling with Herlings. I think he only won one GP against Herlings, and that was in Argentina when Herlings dnf'd the first moto. Statements like that can come back and bite you. Prado is killing it at the moment and there's a lot of fast guys at the front of MX2. He's making a mistake if he's dismissing them
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/27/2018 9:54am
Yeah Ferrandis didn't really battle with Herlings. Over several years I believe he only beat him twice (in motos, not in a GP).

But I also think that the MX2 guys won't have much for Plessinger and Ferrandis. Maybe Prados starts will help him but other than that the US based guys should easily win that category.
Is Jonass even going? TKO isn't going, Covington isn't going. What's left? Prado Vlaanderen and Lawrence?

The Shop

TXDirt
8/27/2018 10:00am
Imagine if one of these guys really did make a bold statement. Sone folks around here would melt!!
motomike137
8/27/2018 10:05am
translation from the press conference

i.e. reading between the lines

Tomac: "Im going to destroy Herlings"

Barcia: "Herlings is ok but I'm going to show him how Bam Bam rolls!"

Plessinger: "I'm going after Herlings because there is nobody riding a 250 that will get a sniff of my exhaust"
8/27/2018 10:06am
to be honest , Plessinger is right about not having much competition ... its not bold , its a fact Wink
MX2 class in USA is just much better , no age rule makes it a lot better for sure .

But combined races with big bikes could be interesting .

Jonass wont be there , TKO wont be there ..so 2 out of 3 top MX2 riders wont race , so Prado and Vlaanderen and Watson are 3 from the top 6 who race this years MXON , dont see any of them beat Plessinger
8/27/2018 10:07am
translation from the press conference i.e. reading between the lines Tomac: "Im going to destroy Herlings" Barcia: "Herlings is ok but I'm going to show him...

Plessinger: "I'm going after Herlings because there is nobody riding a 250 that will get a sniff of my exhaust"
that would be considered a bold statement LaughingLaughing
Donovan759
8/27/2018 10:09am
translation from the press conference i.e. reading between the lines Tomac: "Im going to destroy Herlings" Barcia: "Herlings is ok but I'm going to show him...

that would be considered a bold statement LaughingLaughing
Its more accurate than what they actually said. Whistling
RG1
8/27/2018 10:12am
Something to keep an eye on. There's a fair chance Seewer will ride the MX2 class for Switzerland. If he does I think he can run at least with Ferrandis. He's a great 250 rider and after a year of riding a 450 I think he will be flying
8/27/2018 10:37am
to be honest , Plessinger is right about not having much competition ... its not bold , its a fact ;) MX2 class in USA is...
to be honest , Plessinger is right about not having much competition ... its not bold , its a fact Wink
MX2 class in USA is just much better , no age rule makes it a lot better for sure .

But combined races with big bikes could be interesting .

Jonass wont be there , TKO wont be there ..so 2 out of 3 top MX2 riders wont race , so Prado and Vlaanderen and Watson are 3 from the top 6 who race this years MXON , dont see any of them beat Plessinger
I do think that de mx2 class is beter in the states because of the no-age rule. But saying that Prado isn't going to have speed to keep Plessinger honest is a bit optimistic, if you ask me.
8/27/2018 10:58am
I do think that de mx2 class is beter in the states because of the no-age rule. But saying that Prado isn't going to have speed...
I do think that de mx2 class is beter in the states because of the no-age rule. But saying that Prado isn't going to have speed to keep Plessinger honest is a bit optimistic, if you ask me.
i would love to see Prado battle with AP , but i think its a bit too early in his career ..
8/27/2018 11:08am
I think prado gave herlings more of a battle at his first mx2 race in assen than ferrandis ever did ? and that was 2016. I like ferrandis but i think prado is just as fast as him.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
8/27/2018 1:30pm
I don't see any of the GP riders coming over and beating AP in the 250 class. Aaron was hauling this year at Red Bud.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
8/27/2018 1:38pm
RG1 wrote:
Ferrandis was hardly battling with Herlings. I think he only won one GP against Herlings, and that was in Argentina when Herlings dnf'd the first moto...
Ferrandis was hardly battling with Herlings. I think he only won one GP against Herlings, and that was in Argentina when Herlings dnf'd the first moto. Statements like that can come back and bite you. Prado is killing it at the moment and there's a lot of fast guys at the front of MX2. He's making a mistake if he's dismissing them
^ This. I watch the MXGP series and they have an incredible pace at the start. If Plessinger doesn't get a good start (and Prado always does) it is going to be hard to imagine anyone making up that much time. If Plessinger gets a good start though I think it will be game on - lemme show you how I passed Forkner a few months back.....
mx216
8/27/2018 1:42pm
In 2015 when Prado was here I watched him shred supercross as a 14 year old talent. He would have had no problem qualifying for supercross in 2016. He was only a couple seconds off of Jessy Nelson and Shane. Fast forward 3 years to when he actually has some strength and is not a little boy anymore, with that much more experience, I'm 100% American and want our guys to win, but I will not be surprised if Prado is is top 3 to 5 in both of his motos and wins his class. He is truly a next level talent and I was completely blown away by his skills on a bike. Effortless style, incredible speed and skills and starts to die for, are a very potent package.

December 10th, 2015 KTM test track

Johnny Depp
8/27/2018 1:50pm
Somebody needs to talk some smack to keep the momentum up before the big rumble! They aren't getting paid for this, they might as well have some fun.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
8/27/2018 1:56pm
I'll add to my statement a few posts up. I do think Prado will be the fastest 250 rider in the world (he might be already) in a year or two's time, but at the moment, at Red Bud specifically, I don't see anyone touching AP on a 250.
8/27/2018 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 2:06pm
I'll add to my statement a few posts up. I do think Prado will be the fastest 250 rider in the world (he might be already)...
I'll add to my statement a few posts up. I do think Prado will be the fastest 250 rider in the world (he might be already) in a year or two's time, but at the moment, at Red Bud specifically, I don't see anyone touching AP on a 250.
I agree, I think Plessinger is the clear and away favorite, but i expect Prado to surprise some people and at least challenge him in a Moto
BroFoSho
8/27/2018 2:16pm
ha.

Prado challenging Plessinger would be like Seewer challenging Tomac
BR8ES
8/27/2018 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 3:05pm
Maybe they should have done the robot thing and thanked their sponsors instead.
8/27/2018 4:00pm
I think prado gave herlings more of a battle at his first mx2 race in assen than ferrandis ever did ? and that was 2016. I...
I think prado gave herlings more of a battle at his first mx2 race in assen than ferrandis ever did ? and that was 2016. I like ferrandis but i think prado is just as fast as him.
Prado is way faster
8/27/2018 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 5:06pm
Ok here you go for you guys thinking that Ferrandis was the dude behind herlings. Completly random races and im sure it would be the same if i took it race by race. Ppl need to understand that Ferrandis was a top 5 dude far from a dude Making podiums every race. Sure he could get up there on certain tracks and pull off fast laptimes but this is how it was Most of the time and most ppl regarded jonass, paturel, seewer etc as the better 250 riders before he left. I like Ferrandis and he is fast, but no, he isnt the fastest euro lites rider and he newer was, he was a top 5 dude that injured himself a lot Nothing more, nothing less. Sure the lites in america is waaay deeper i agree. I have a hard time seeing dudes like bogers being a top 10 dude in america but when it comes to the top 3 guys in mx2 gp they are easily up there with the top 3 americans. Ferrandis as i Said a top 5 dude have shown that he can without a doubt beat ap over there and have already won and been on the podium more in the states than in europe almost. And even tho i Think j-mart would have won and both j-mart and zacho being faster than ap its Ap vs the rest we are talking about now.

Ppl also seems to forget that zacho was not the top dude in the gp's but went home and soon dominated and that should be a wake-up Call for ppl believing euros suck ^^.

Post a reply to: Plessinger made a bold statement

The Latest