Plessinger is great

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2020 7:33pm
I didn’t comment in the last post, but the field is still pretty deep. Not sure if he has injuries he’s working through, but to be in 10th in the Supercross standings is pretty good in my opinion...
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/4/2020 7:42pm
Nice to hear of a positive post.

I hope he stays healthy and can show us his outdoor skills. All building blocks.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
6/4/2020 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2020 7:43pm
Cool personality, down to earth guy.
stangkag
6/4/2020 8:00pm
Ap7 at redbud a few years ago was just classic!

Him and Deano are some of the best personalities in moto.

The Shop

6/5/2020 12:43am
He's pretty much where'd I'd expect him to be maybe around 8th mark, not saying he's horrible but he was one of the slowest 250f champs of recent years.
cwel11
6/5/2020 2:15am
He's pretty much where'd I'd expect him to be maybe around 8th mark, not saying he's horrible but he was one of the slowest 250f champs...
He's pretty much where'd I'd expect him to be maybe around 8th mark, not saying he's horrible but he was one of the slowest 250f champs of recent years.
So was Cooper for a while. He’s getting there.
Kyle978
6/5/2020 8:06am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 8:10am
He's pretty much where'd I'd expect him to be maybe around 8th mark, not saying he's horrible but he was one of the slowest 250f champs...
"one of the slowest 250 champs"

WTF does that even mean? Slowest champion? Do you understand how fucking stupid that is?

His lap times are literally on the same second of the dudes who's nuts you guys hang off. His speed is right there, he's just not been putting himself in the position to be in the front of that 6th-12th pack. Not like the dude is battling with A. Ray to make mains.

I'm gonna laugh when AP top 5's one of these SLC rounds.
Alex814
6/5/2020 8:07am
I'm assuming you haven't seen him race at Redbud or Ironman in person. Also, I think you're in the wrong thread.
gt80rider
6/5/2020 8:13am
His last year on 250s he showed he had not only incredible speed, but also showed a few cues to some next level riding. Hopefully he unleashes all that speed outdoors this year.
hamncheeze
6/5/2020 9:49am
I don't get the hate. He's had a lot of interruption to his 450 career. Had to stay on the 250 for MXoN late into the season in 2018. Had a back injury before start of 2019 SX. Starts coming around, has horrible injury at Daytona with bad healing issues. Comes back too early for outdoors, does not do himself any favours. Slow start to 2020, clearly way off with the bike. Starts coming around, then COVID.

Look at AC in 250s from 2013-2017, all the interruptions just keep pushing the rider backwards. AP needs a full year of 450 racing with no interruption to get back on track, that's all.
Mr. Afterbar
6/5/2020 9:56am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 9:58am
Kyle978 wrote:
"one of the slowest 250 champs" WTF does that even mean? Slowest champion? Do you understand how fucking stupid that is? His lap times are literally...

WTF does that even mean? Slowest champion? Do you understand how fucking stupid that is?

His lap times are literally on the same second of the dudes who's nuts you guys hang off. His speed is right there, he's just not been putting himself in the position to be in the front of that 6th-12th pack. Not like the dude is battling with A. Ray to make mains.

I think he used a poor choice of words to try and say that AP had less competition than other recent 250 champions. J-Mart, Osborne, and others were injured during AP's outdoor championship run. Not discrediting his title at all, but he has a lot of expectations placed on him for winning multiple titles in one year when there were multiple other riders that could have won over him if not for injury. He's doing about what I expected he might. Could go either direction from here. I predict he will take a step up next year.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/5/2020 10:37am
Could you try that again, but in English this time? The translation from Australian to English didn't work very well. Wink
Alex814
6/5/2020 2:31pm
Kyle978 wrote:
"one of the slowest 250 champs" WTF does that even mean? Slowest champion? Do you understand how fucking stupid that is? His lap times are literally...

I think he used a poor choice of words to try and say that AP had less competition than other recent 250 champions. J-Mart, Osborne, and...
I think he used a poor choice of words to try and say that AP had less competition than other recent 250 champions. J-Mart, Osborne, and others were injured during AP's outdoor championship run. Not discrediting his title at all, but he has a lot of expectations placed on him for winning multiple titles in one year when there were multiple other riders that could have won over him if not for injury. He's doing about what I expected he might. Could go either direction from here. I predict he will take a step up next year.
SX and MX title in same year, five 1-1 finishes in 2018 MX against Forkner, Ferrandis, Sexton, Cooper, Savatgy etc. Underwhelming? OK
6/5/2020 2:51pm
I'll stand by what I said sorry for not using the correct choice of words, I'm not saying Aaron is slow nor am I discrediting his title.

If you compare him to previous champions he's mediocre the champions I'm talking about is Stewart, Carmichael, villopoto, dungey, tomac, roczen and webb these are the most impressive 250f champs of the past two decades they all passed the eye test and mental test, the only rider that I thought would be something but missed the mark was Barcia he was fantastic in 250f.

These are the champions and you knew that they will be doing big things in the premier class.

The only riders who I believe will do damage in the 450s since Webb are Ferrandis and the potential for sexton and that young Aussie kid.

Again I'm not smashing on pless but he destroyed IN MY OPINION a weak field.

He may win in the future but it will take every at the top to either retire or be injured.
CPR
6/5/2020 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 3:35pm
I'll stand by what I said sorry for not using the correct choice of words, I'm not saying Aaron is slow nor am I discrediting his...
I'll stand by what I said sorry for not using the correct choice of words, I'm not saying Aaron is slow nor am I discrediting his title.

If you compare him to previous champions he's mediocre the champions I'm talking about is Stewart, Carmichael, villopoto, dungey, tomac, roczen and webb these are the most impressive 250f champs of the past two decades they all passed the eye test and mental test, the only rider that I thought would be something but missed the mark was Barcia he was fantastic in 250f.

These are the champions and you knew that they will be doing big things in the premier class.

The only riders who I believe will do damage in the 450s since Webb are Ferrandis and the potential for sexton and that young Aussie kid.

He may win in the future but it will take every at the top to either retire or be injured.
DrinkLessBongWater
Mr. Afterbar
6/5/2020 4:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 4:37pm
Alex814 wrote:
SX and MX title in same year, five 1-1 finishes in 2018 MX against Forkner, Ferrandis, Sexton, Cooper, Savatgy etc. Underwhelming? OK
I didn’t say he was underwhelming at all and I specifically mentioned Osborne and Martin who were both faster and proven champions. Both were injured which I fully understand is part of racing. He 100% deserve to win both championships. In my opinion he was not a star of the 250 class that you would expect to propel himself towards the front of the 450 class immediately. That is all I am saying.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/5/2020 4:33pm
I didn’t say he was underwhelming at all and I specifically mentioned Osborne and Martin who were both faster and proven champions. Both were injured which...
I didn’t say he was underwhelming at all and I specifically mentioned Osborne and Martin who were both faster and proven champions. Both were injured which I fully understand is part of racing. He 100% deserve to win both championships. In my opinion he was not a star of the 250 class that you would expect to propel himself towards the front of the 450 class immediately. That is all I am saying.
#allchampionshipsmatter
6/5/2020 5:20pm
I'll stand by what I said sorry for not using the correct choice of words, I'm not saying Aaron is slow nor am I discrediting his...

CPR wrote:
DrinkLessBongWater
Yup, nice.
brimx153
6/5/2020 5:32pm
cwel11 wrote:
So was Cooper for a while. He’s getting there.
Cooper was a hell of a lot better on a 250 than plessinger was .both champions tho
brimx153
6/5/2020 5:46pm
Alex814 wrote:
True . But was he better on a 250 than k roc , ET , MM , Webb . Barica, just dont think he was that amazing level . I fully expect to seem him battle willson , Osborne etc get a good few podium s and a few odd 450 win s in his career imo. But loads of people seem to think he was going to be winning 450 championship s ,i just never thought that .
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
6/5/2020 5:51pm

Dont feel bad I agree. But apparently you cant criticize a rider on Vital or you get bashed or posts deleted.

Plessinger is a great rider but has largely underhwelmed. I dont believe he wins that outdoor title if Osborne and/or Martin dont get injured, but as Reedy says have to be in it to win it. He was able to capitalize and did ride well that Summer.
6/5/2020 9:33pm

mx 219 wrote:
Dont feel bad I agree. But apparently you cant criticize a rider on Vital or you get bashed or posts deleted. Plessinger is a great rider...
Dont feel bad I agree. But apparently you cant criticize a rider on Vital or you get bashed or posts deleted.

Plessinger is a great rider but has largely underhwelmed. I dont believe he wins that outdoor title if Osborne and/or Martin dont get injured, but as Reedy says have to be in it to win it. He was able to capitalize and did ride well that Summer.
Yes that's correct but those two riders are also not of the same caliber of the elite riders.

OLDMOTO
6/6/2020 6:09pm
Both Plesinger and Barcia stated that they were not able to get the bike set up properly after these first two races. Yamaha always seem to be chasing bike set up. Webb and Reed had the same issues. I know they replaced several technical people on the team at the start of this year.

I beleive that Yamaha just has not developed the 450 properly. For several years they didn't have a factory team. They lack a comprehensive portfolio of set up data from all the different type of tracks and different conditions. I also beleive they lack a top tier pro test rider to establish a top baseline set up on the bike. They wouldn't listen to Reed during his last stay with the team. He stated the set up was way off. Webb is an indication that this is correct.

I don't feel Barcia or Plessinger are the best test riders. Team Yamaha is unable to give them the guidance and set up data they require. KTM, Kawasaki. Procircuit, Star and Honda have the experience, data and test rider feedback to get their bikes dialed in much better and faster. Look how quickly Webb and A.C. got thier bikes dialed in at KTM and Kawasaki.

I don't beleive this is the best situation for either Barcia or Plessinger. If I was Fernandez I would be all over Roger Decoster for one of their bikes in the 450 class.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/6/2020 7:24pm
I think Aaron still had a fighting chance at that title with Zach and Jeremy still in it. He was building on his speed from the year before and was peaking at the right time. That being said, I never expected him to be a multi time 450 champ. I have his potential pegged somewhere in between Cole Seely and Jason Anderson. He's got race winning potential, but others will make it happen more often.
kiwifan
6/6/2020 7:33pm
I thought he might be the next big thing and thought KTM would snap him up....but time is on his side, I still think he will be top 3 next season ...imho
str8line
6/6/2020 7:38pm
CoccoBill wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/05/431217/s1200_s1600_29CA1377_C991_46E9_8A1A_5FCB4957C775.jpg[/img]

LOL

Post a reply to: Plessinger is great

The Latest