Plessinger is awful..

Zycki11
6/3/2020 7:38am
Setup is the key. From my understanding, Yamaha has not been willing to change things per riders request in the past. Yes they have special parts etc. more so on the chassis side of things and having the proper guys to help facilitate the necessary changes from the riders perspective. Yamaha has always been “stiff” when it comes to the factory level. They need changes and I understand they are coming.
6/3/2020 7:47am
These post like this are just stupid. So AP7, with two 250 Championships is awful, yeah OK. Do you have any idea what it takes to win a SX and outdoor championship in the 250 class? Obviously the answer to that is NO.

That track and many of the tracks in SX this year have sucked. NOTHING to separate anyone. You have like the top 3 or 4, then from 5 to 17th, that are all basically running the exact same lap times. Nothing on the tracks to separate them. So it is all in the start basically. And let me also say, that this is the MOST stacked SX field that there has been in 15 years.

AP7 is 10th in points. Sitting ahead of AC, Baggett and Osborne. The only two not on a factory bike ahead of him are Hill and Stewart. And put those two outdoors, and AP7 smokes them in a rough 30 minute moto.

Give the kid a break. He moved to the 450. Had major issues getting the bike set up, and then had two or three injuries. AP7 will be fine.
OLDMOTO
6/3/2020 9:56am
AP7 is not awful. He has been injured and rebuilding his fitness base. He's trying to learn the 450 class. He's also dealing with a team that is very far behind on bike development.

If he had gone to a team like KTM or Kawasaki I think he would have gotten more help on bike set up. Yamaha doesn't seem to have the database of set up information or the steadily successful bike development. Chad Reed even stated that about Yamaha with Webb's faliure.

I think injury, poor development , luck, the lack of a database and no veteran testing or mentoring is reflected in the performance of both Yamaha riders.
The talent is clearly there. Yamaha is unable to successfully produce all the required ingredients to win a championship in the 450 class.

Look at KTM and Kawasaki and all of the championship knowledge they have acumulated.look at the personel and team they have pu together. Honda has been rebuilding their team for several years and has really only showed success starting last year.
kage173
6/3/2020 10:41am
These post like this are just stupid. So AP7, with two 250 Championships is awful, yeah OK. Do you have any idea what it takes to...
These post like this are just stupid. So AP7, with two 250 Championships is awful, yeah OK. Do you have any idea what it takes to win a SX and outdoor championship in the 250 class? Obviously the answer to that is NO.

That track and many of the tracks in SX this year have sucked. NOTHING to separate anyone. You have like the top 3 or 4, then from 5 to 17th, that are all basically running the exact same lap times. Nothing on the tracks to separate them. So it is all in the start basically. And let me also say, that this is the MOST stacked SX field that there has been in 15 years.

AP7 is 10th in points. Sitting ahead of AC, Baggett and Osborne. The only two not on a factory bike ahead of him are Hill and Stewart. And put those two outdoors, and AP7 smokes them in a rough 30 minute moto.

Give the kid a break. He moved to the 450. Had major issues getting the bike set up, and then had two or three injuries. AP7 will be fine.
Nothing to separate anyone? Eli was separated from AP by a whole lap

The Shop

McG194
6/3/2020 11:27am
I think calling him awful is a bit (really a lot) extreme but I do have some opinions on him.

I think his biggest mistake was moving up too early. It is tough to turn that money down but he really only broke out in the 2018 season and could have been helped by another year of seasoning. In that I think his agent let him down by not encouraging him to stay back another year. No guarantee that he wins 2 more titles in the 250 class but he would have been one of three at the sharp edge of the spear. Being elite in your class can only help you as you move up to the next class.

AP7 is a great racer but he is not a generational talent that can have a cup of coffee in the 250 class and then be a contender right away in the 450 class. The real danger for him is that he gets destroyed mentally and doesn't ever get that confidence back. His loose and freewheeling attitude may be the best thing to combat that for him. The only question is if he loses his factory ride will he decide that he'd rather be a big fish in the smaller GNCC pond than be a small fish in the big pond of 450 Pro Motocross/Supercross.
gt80rider
6/3/2020 11:44am
Cortami79 wrote:
Didn’t read the entire topic, but he is so afwul that he sits 10th in pointsDry
Do u think he is happy about tenth? What about Yamaha??
munsch121
6/3/2020 1:38pm
The dude won a national championship....you win the nattys you are a bad mofo...period
Natester551v
6/3/2020 1:53pm
It is stunning to me how bitter and self-absorbed some people on Vital are...AP is one of - if not THE coolest dude in the paddock. And he's a frickin' national MX champion that has won pro 250 GNCC races!!!!

What the hell is wrong with you guys ripping him apart on here???? Seriously, how shitty is your life that you feel compelled to come on here and light up Plessinger?

When I read shit like this it seriously puts a dent in my hope for humanity....
Cortami79
6/3/2020 2:16pm
Cortami79 wrote:
Didn’t read the entire topic, but he is so afwul that he sits 10th in pointsDry
gt80rider wrote:
Do u think he is happy about tenth? What about Yamaha??
No but he is not as awful as some people make him. He had multiple top 5 finishes in sight, just washing out in some corners or other hiccups. Coming from a major injury and being the second rider on the team, he is doing pretty good. Watch his qualifying times, he has speed but things need to click. Top 10 in the premier SX championship is not awful in my opinion.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
6/3/2020 2:21pm
The only thing awful is the OP.
6/3/2020 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2020 5:53pm
Well he is a millionaire and is in his 20's. There's that right? I say we all post our age, checking account balance and riding ability for comparison. Ill start. 55yrs old. $7.36 balance. Top 3 250b amateur in my prime 25yrs ago. Id say he is doing great!
Lucifa.
6/3/2020 5:30pm
Lucifa. wrote:
Hows he doing today?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
16th in the first qualifying session.
He'll turn it around come the main. Lets go.
6/3/2020 6:40pm
Now I gotta save link to this thread and come back to it after he lights the afterburners and starts winning. He’s break out worthy! You wait OP!
level
6/3/2020 6:54pm
The 450 Yamaha must be a real turd or the team. The 250 team has that bike dialed in. They are just blazing fast on the 250 but the 450 has struggled for a while. Its quite amazing the difference.

Might as well put Plessinger and Barcia on the 250 in the 450 class they would probably get better results.
RalphS
6/3/2020 9:08pm
Awful is a title that only belongs to Ralph
Johnny Ringo
6/3/2020 10:06pm
Well he beat Baggett on “the best bike in the pits” tonight sooo
Janus9
6/3/2020 11:55pm
I still believe in him.

AP7 isn't going anywhere, but up.
OLDMOTO
6/4/2020 12:02am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2020 12:03am
I hope he and Yamaha find some success this year and next. Failing that I hope AP can keep his spirits up, maintain his confidence and find a different color to ride like Webb. Hate to see all of that potential wasted.

Post a reply to: Plessinger is awful..

The Latest