Plessinger/McElrath.

Crush
You're Shane Moody McElrath.

How pumped are you on Plessinger moving over like that heading into a rhythm section.

Me: Not pumped!

What say you?
|
Motofinne
1/28/2018 3:16am
I would've been angry, that was a really sketchy move. I can understand that you as a rider drift to the inside to take the line but that was too extreme for me. Vince Friese does that and Vital would've exploded.

Fortunately McElrath saved it.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
1/28/2018 3:39am
Motofinne wrote:
I would've been angry, that was a really sketchy move. I can understand that you as a rider drift to the inside to take the line...
I would've been angry, that was a really sketchy move. I can understand that you as a rider drift to the inside to take the line but that was too extreme for me. Vince Friese does that and Vital would've exploded.

Fortunately McElrath saved it.
Plessinger - the new musquin of the 250 class

The Shop

Philly215
1/28/2018 4:18am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2018 4:19am
I was wondering about that move. It seemed shady and had Mcelrath gone down I think it would be a much bigger deal. Pretty much shut the race down for him though. On one hand I’m like well Plessinger had the lead and he can pick his lines. On the other hand I’m like eh he cut the track pretty bad and where do you draw the line?
Crush
1/28/2018 5:16am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2018 6:19am
Philly215 wrote:
I was wondering about that move. It seemed shady and had Mcelrath gone down I think it would be a much bigger deal. Pretty much shut...
I was wondering about that move. It seemed shady and had Mcelrath gone down I think it would be a much bigger deal. Pretty much shut the race down for him though. On one hand I’m like well Plessinger had the lead and he can pick his lines. On the other hand I’m like eh he cut the track pretty bad and where do you draw the line?
Usually closing the line in a section like that is a very gradual drift. Shutting the door like that is usually reserved for corners where it's fine.

I'd not have been pumped at all but having said that, I've never heard Shane say much else than sunshine even when it's been a shit-show so...

On a side note, the clapping for the riders in the press conference is ridiculous.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/28/2018 5:25am
Crush wrote:
Usually closing the line in a section like that is a very gradual drift. Shutting the door like that is usually reserved for corners where it's...
Usually closing the line in a section like that is a very gradual drift. Shutting the door like that is usually reserved for corners where it's fine.

I'd not have been pumped at all but having said that, I've never heard Shane say much else than sunshine even when it's been a shit-show so...

On a side note, the clapping for the riders in the press conference is ridiculous.
There's a certain percentage of family/friends/sponsors in there. But they've also started selling seats in there as part of a VIP experience. I think that's where some of it comes from.
1/28/2018 5:37am
IMO I think AP thought he was further ahead of SM when he closed the door. I don’t consider him a dirty rider. That pass was a little sketchy tho
Thelen20
1/28/2018 5:41am
I thought it was too sketchy. And I bet after he watches the video he will feel the same way. I'm not going to get mad at him until he does it again.
blusmbl
1/28/2018 6:01am
IMO I think AP thought he was further ahead of SM when he closed the door. I don’t consider him a dirty rider. That pass was...
IMO I think AP thought he was further ahead of SM when he closed the door. I don’t consider him a dirty rider. That pass was a little sketchy tho
I agree with this, I've never seen Plessinger do anything even remotely similar to that before. If it becomes a habit it definitely isn't cool though.
shuggs
1/28/2018 6:16am
Very hard pass but dirty NO
1/28/2018 6:17am
Definitely to sketchy to pull a move like that mid rythmn, if mcelrath had been doing a different sequence could have easily been another Trey Canard type incident. A gradual drift across sure that's just defending but he cut across hard, maybe he thought he was further ahead, maybe not.
dcg141
1/28/2018 6:28am
AP owned it on the podium. No history of doing that. McElrath seemed ok with it.
gt80rider
1/28/2018 7:23am
Crush wrote:
You're Shane Moody McElrath.

How pumped are you on Plessinger moving over like that heading into a rhythm section.

Me: Not pumped!

What say you?
Never heard of him... Are you talking about MackleWrath instead?
Johnny Depp
1/28/2018 7:49am
This is not chess. Aggressive, not dirty. Closed the door, that is his job. Non issue.
gabrielito
1/28/2018 7:52am
I would have been pissed too, but after a couple of seconds I would realize that Plessinger is racing for championship just like "me", was clearly faster than "me", the tracks are narrow with not a lot places to pass so rather than whining about it I would wake up earlier and train harder this week to try to return the favor next Saturday

That's just me though.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
1/28/2018 7:54am
gabrielito wrote:
I would have been pissed too, but after a couple of seconds I would realize that Plessinger is racing for championship just like "me", was clearly...
I would have been pissed too, but after a couple of seconds I would realize that Plessinger is racing for championship just like "me", was clearly faster than "me", the tracks are narrow with not a lot places to pass so rather than whining about it I would wake up earlier and train harder this week to try to return the favor next Saturday

That's just me though.
If youre clearly faster is it really necessary to pull out such a move?
1/28/2018 8:07am
Well after watching the 16 knock the 17 slap off the track last year and everyone here applauded the move and saying he did what he had to do and thats just racing then moving over on a guy in a rythem section is just fine. Anything goes.
1/28/2018 8:21am
They both came from opposite sides of the track to cut the other one off and get a wheel before blocking the inside line. He's just upset because he didn't get there first.
Asimo
1/28/2018 8:23am
Looked like he got a little off kilter and that was the result to me.

Either way, he looks like a young Ron Lechien on the bike to me, like he's not reallly trying. He's fun to watch. Was a nice ride.
PFitzG38
1/28/2018 8:50am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2018 8:50am
IMO I think AP thought he was further ahead of SM when he closed the door. I don’t consider him a dirty rider. That pass was...
I'll give Plessinger this benefit of the doubt, only cause he doesn't have a rep. Kinda like Shane feels about it I think.

Nothing wrong with squeezing a guy out, but if done at speed or in a sketchy section it should be done a lot more gradual than AP slammed the door. Good riding on Shanes part not to throw it away. That could easily have been a championship save.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/28/2018 9:06am
dcg141 wrote:
AP owned it on the podium. No history of doing that. McElrath seemed ok with it.
^^This^^, AP apologized, McElrath forgave him. End of story. Non-issue.
gabrielito
1/28/2018 9:06am
gabrielito wrote:
I would have been pissed too, but after a couple of seconds I would realize that Plessinger is racing for championship just like "me", was clearly...

That's just me though.
matze wrote:
If youre clearly faster is it really necessary to pull out such a move?
On a glorified arenacross track, Yes.
MotoX85
1/28/2018 10:49am
He who has the front wheel, in front, controls the line. I'm guessing if Plessenger wasn't faster, Shane would have passed him back. Great racing move imo.
Rockinar
1/28/2018 12:27pm
McElrath was going to get passed one way or another. Plessinger was clearly the faster rider.

Post a reply to: Plessinger/McElrath.

The Latest