Please stop the JGR bike is crap...

level
Edited Date/Time 2/26/2012 3:52pm
I am so tired of reading on here how the JGR bike is so bad and that is why Stewart isn't winning. Please just stop. It's getting so old.
|
NeWskoolmxer
2/21/2012 6:19pm
I don't think it is complete crap obviously it is JGR. I just want to know why it sound like it does at higher rpms? Very weird sound.
EastFlorida
2/21/2012 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2012 6:22pm
I guess I don't think the JGR bike is crap, but maybe the rider's inability to properly provide feedback may be the biggest concern.

Seems you found the need to start another post on the topic, so maybe you don't really want the discussion to stop as you assert.
NetMXer
2/21/2012 6:46pm
I'd certainly take that bike even if some people think it's crap.

The Shop

level
2/21/2012 6:48pm
I guess I don't think the JGR bike is crap, but maybe the rider's inability to properly provide feedback may be the biggest concern. Seems you...
I guess I don't think the JGR bike is crap, but maybe the rider's inability to properly provide feedback may be the biggest concern.

Seems you found the need to start another post on the topic, so maybe you don't really want the discussion to stop as you assert.
I really do want it to stop. It's just you can't go a day on here without somebody mentioning how crappy the JGR bike is when I'm sure it's perfectly fine. They make adjustments just like every other team and bike. It gets really old.

It's like people on here know better than the JGR guys who work on the bike 7 days a week.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
2/21/2012 7:25pm
Apparently you haven't noticed that JGR likes to build a bike that will be perfect for practice and will help their rider set the fastest lap time numerous times in qualifying, but come only main event time it will be the biggest POS on the line.
P
2/21/2012 7:26pm
I guess I don't think the JGR bike is crap, but maybe the rider's inability to properly provide feedback may be the biggest concern. Seems you...

level wrote:
I really do want it to stop. It's just you can't go a day on here without somebody mentioning how crappy the JGR bike is when...
I really do want it to stop. It's just you can't go a day on here without somebody mentioning how crappy the JGR bike is when I'm sure it's perfectly fine. They make adjustments just like every other team and bike. It gets really old.

It's like people on here know better than the JGR guys who work on the bike 7 days a week.
Why exactly do you think that the bike is perfectly fine? I could understand if only people on this board were mentioning it, but you've got industry people talking about it too. Not to mention that when JS and DM are asked about the bike they never seem to say much positive about it other than "we did a lot of testing and it's better. I'm not saying that the bike is crap, but I don't think that it's at the level of RV's Kawi or CR's Honda.

P
fader418
2/21/2012 7:27pm
OK I am gonna ask this question for the last time! Why does he kill everyone in his heat race? Thats right the Yamaha is only good for 8 laps! Let's just face it James is the "heat race hero" Ok seriously James will start winning races starting this weekend because RV doesn't have to beat James to win the title....Back on topic Yes I am tired of everyone blaming the bike. But you have to admit James has never looked as good as he has on the Kaw.
GHR
2/21/2012 7:30pm
level wrote:
I am so tired of reading on here how the JGR bike is so bad and that is why Stewart isn't winning. Please just stop. It's...
I am so tired of reading on here how the JGR bike is so bad and that is why Stewart isn't winning. Please just stop. It's getting so old.
If your that tired, this should put you to sleep:

JGR bike is so bad, and thats why StewarD isn't winning.

Hehonh
P
2/21/2012 7:30pm
NV825 wrote:
Apparently you haven't noticed that JGR likes to build a bike that will be perfect for practice and will help their rider set the fastest lap...
Apparently you haven't noticed that JGR likes to build a bike that will be perfect for practice and will help their rider set the fastest lap time numerous times in qualifying, but come only main event time it will be the biggest POS on the line.
One lap in practice isn't 20 laps in the Main. Look at what changing frames did for RV last year outdoors. He could ride one moto fine, but he was getting so beat up that he couldn't run two motos strong. I never would have thought that a bike could make a bike and rider that much better. There may be some truth in all that is being said about the bike and the setup. Also, Even though James has won heats he didn't always look strong and got out front early while the other top guys in the heat had to play catchup.

P
P
2/21/2012 7:32pm
fader418 wrote:
OK I am gonna ask this question for the last time! Why does he kill everyone in his heat race? Thats right the Yamaha is only...
OK I am gonna ask this question for the last time! Why does he kill everyone in his heat race? Thats right the Yamaha is only good for 8 laps! Let's just face it James is the "heat race hero" Ok seriously James will start winning races starting this weekend because RV doesn't have to beat James to win the title....Back on topic Yes I am tired of everyone blaming the bike. But you have to admit James has never looked as good as he has on the Kaw.
He hasn't been kill'n everyone in the heats. He's gotten good starts while others have had to come through the pack. Look at last week. Reed looked to be faster, but he got a bad start. The same thing happened to RV one week when James beat him in a Heat.

P
BobbyM
2/21/2012 7:36pm
80% bike and 15% rider...everyone knows that....sheesh
Gukamonster
2/21/2012 7:38pm
level wrote:
I am so tired of reading on here how the JGR bike is so bad and that is why Stewart isn't winning. Please just stop. It's...
Oh yeah?

If you're so sure what it ain't, how about telling us what it am?
kardy
2/21/2012 7:45pm
Dude just needs good starts in the main and then to not hit the ground. Easy.
fader418
2/21/2012 8:35pm
P wrote:
He hasn't been kill'n everyone in the heats. He's gotten good starts while others have had to come through the pack. Look at last week. Reed...
He hasn't been kill'n everyone in the heats. He's gotten good starts while others have had to come through the pack. Look at last week. Reed looked to be faster, but he got a bad start. The same thing happened to RV one week when James beat him in a Heat.

P
He was almost every heat race he has ever raced. Ok lets say its the bike why didn't he sign with Suzuki then? Obviously he signed with JGR for the money and how is that working out for him?
newmann
2/21/2012 8:46pm
You do realize the title of your thread says please stop, the JGR bike is crap.....Laughing
bullpen58
2/21/2012 8:48pm
NV825 wrote:
Apparently you haven't noticed that JGR likes to build a bike that will be perfect for practice and will help their rider set the fastest lap...
Laughing
P
2/21/2012 8:50pm
P wrote:
He hasn't been kill'n everyone in the heats. He's gotten good starts while others have had to come through the pack. Look at last week. Reed...

P
fader418 wrote:
He was almost every heat race he has ever raced. Ok lets say its the bike why didn't he sign with Suzuki then? Obviously he signed...
He was almost every heat race he has ever raced. Ok lets say its the bike why didn't he sign with Suzuki then? Obviously he signed with JGR for the money and how is that working out for him?
We are talking this year, not prior years.

The discussion isn't why he signed with them the discussion is the state of the bike that he is riding. I'm not saying that it's the worst bike out there, but it ain't the best either.

P
Cook441
2/21/2012 8:50pm
If they struggle to dial her in for sx I say JGR better start testing for outdoors because I suspect if poto gets 20+ lead on RD he'll take a chapter out of RC's book and be dialed come may-

Me I say that pace up front is no Joke- It has done things to Reed both outdoors and indoors that we have never seen even when he was chasing James in 09 and RC..for a little perspective-
P
2/21/2012 8:59pm
Cook441 wrote:
If they struggle to dial her in for sx I say JGR better start testing for outdoors because I suspect if poto gets 20+ lead on...
If they struggle to dial her in for sx I say JGR better start testing for outdoors because I suspect if poto gets 20+ lead on RD he'll take a chapter out of RC's book and be dialed come may-

Me I say that pace up front is no Joke- It has done things to Reed both outdoors and indoors that we have never seen even when he was chasing James in 09 and RC..for a little perspective-
Actually he almost took himself out in 2008 when neither one of them were in the series. You also seem to underestimate what those two guys did to him. They got in his head. Chad actually thought he had a shot at beating RV straight up.

P
kongols
2/21/2012 8:59pm
I thought it`s not about JGR but about Yamaha frame . I don`t think anybody`s been able to really dial it in except GP team that has no limitations on changing a frame, engine position ect.
level
2/21/2012 9:18pm
kardy wrote:
Dude just needs good starts in the main and then to not hit the ground. Easy.
x2.
That's pretty much it.

He's got the speed. Bike needs some adjustments here and there just like every other team. I haven't seen any mechanical failures from him. His lap times are just as fast as Reed and Villopoto. He has said all year how good the bike is(except for Dallas). Even when he signed with the team he tweeted how awesome the bike was.

He just needs to get up front and not crash or make mistakes. Competition is tight and it's a lot to expect for him to runaway with every race. Been like that every year. All the battles he has had in the past on different bikes against Reed and RC and nobody said the bike was shit. He's had a rough year but I think saying it's the bike every time he doesn't win gets a little old.
bullpen58
2/21/2012 9:21pm
I have a YZ450 and it works just fine for me. In fact, the other day, I even popped a wheelie.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
2/21/2012 9:25pm
fader418 wrote:
OK I am gonna ask this question for the last time! Why does he kill everyone in his heat race? Thats right the Yamaha is only...
A few years ago MA was on the Katoom and everyone was saying that half way through the motos he would drop anchor. About half way through the season they said they figured out the shock was over heating. They changed the shock with some new fangled shock and all of a sudden he was running up front the whole moto. JGR builds their own shock, maybe something similar when the shock gets warm? Who knows but for sure that's not the results we expect from James.
AUS_Twisted
2/21/2012 9:30pm
bullpen58 wrote:
I have a YZ450 and it works just fine for me. In fact, the other day, I even popped a wheelie.
I bet you almost fell off into the tuff blocks trying that
Cook441
2/21/2012 9:32pm
Cook441 wrote:
If they struggle to dial her in for sx I say JGR better start testing for outdoors because I suspect if poto gets 20+ lead on...

P wrote:
Actually he almost took himself out in 2008 when neither one of them were in the series. You also seem to underestimate what those two guys...
Actually he almost took himself out in 2008 when neither one of them were in the series. You also seem to underestimate what those two guys did to him. They got in his head. Chad actually thought he had a shot at beating RV straight up.

P
I'm sorry bud, Iam not following you. 2012 Reed could and has beat both Villo and James....Didn't he?
Cook441
2/21/2012 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2012 9:37pm
fader418 wrote:
ToolMaker wrote:
A few years ago MA was on the Katoom and everyone was saying that half way through the motos he would drop anchor. About half way...
A few years ago MA was on the Katoom and everyone was saying that half way through the motos he would drop anchor. About half way through the season they said they figured out the shock was over heating. They changed the shock with some new fangled shock and all of a sudden he was running up front the whole moto. JGR builds their own shock, maybe something similar when the shock gets warm? Who knows but for sure that's not the results we expect from James.
Shocks do fade, its one of the advantages of a facvtory team however I am sure they aerospace coat those friggin things and I would think James hasd 20 practice laps in him that would surface any said problems-

Lastly 30 plus two on a rough 450 course twice is big diff-IMO
2/21/2012 9:37pm
kongols wrote:
I thought it`s not about JGR but about Yamaha frame . I don`t think anybody`s been able to really dial it in except GP team that...
I thought it`s not about JGR but about Yamaha frame . I don`t think anybody`s been able to really dial it in except GP team that has no limitations on changing a frame, engine position ect.
this.
bullpen58
2/21/2012 9:45pm
bullpen58 wrote:
I bet you almost fell off into the tuff blocks trying that
No, but I got all huckabuck though. Tongue
kongols
2/21/2012 9:58pm
fader418 wrote:
Because in a practice or in a heat race he has a second chance if bike does something weird.

Post a reply to: Please stop the JGR bike is crap...

The Latest