Please help me out

Edited Date/Time 6/28/2012 4:18am
If you guys could please help me out by buying one of my tshirts to help me get money for racing at http://misprintdesigns.bigcartel.com/ It helps me alot. Thank you
|
ocscottie
6/26/2012 6:19pm
You could start by telling us a little about you, your goals, and what your plans are....just a start...Cool
6/26/2012 7:16pm
Sorry my fault. Im 16 and I ride an 01 RM125. I have been to the track a couple times and plan on going more soon. I havent raced yet but want to in the near future. But racing costs a lot of money! So i only planned on doing maybe 2 races near the end of the year to get a hang of things then next year race alot. As long as i get in a race this year and the track ill be happy. But i wanted to tell you guys about the business i have just started. It is called Misprint Design Co. I am going to be selling T-shirts, hats, and more. If you guys could check it out at http://misprintdesigns.bigcartel.com/ I'd appriciate it alot. Also if you were to buy a shirt it would help me invest money into my bike and gear so I can race sine my mom doesnt have a job. Thank you!
ocscottie
6/26/2012 7:42pm
Right on Jeremy, you sound like a well mannered young dude, i can fully respect that. You will prob get a little thrashing around here from some members, just ignore it. Cool to see a young guy like yourself trying to make it on his own in this sport, it isnt easy nowadays! especially without a parent(s) support.

"MDC" was one of my fav punk bands growing up back in the early to mid 80's Cool

I think you need to spend more time working on your shirt designs, try and come up with something that people would really want to wear. Just some constructive criticism, but it looks as though you whipped those up real quick with not much thought going into them.

Do you have experience with graphic programs such as Photoshop? that would be the 1st place to start, and there are literally THOUSANDS of websites dedicated to tutorials on how to use it. (also quite a few guys here on the forum that kick ass at it)

Not easy just to slap some stuff on a shit and say, please buy it! You need to come up with something people actually want to wear, that is the hard part! Blink

Wish you the best of luck and keep working hard! Shoot me an email/PM if you want more info on photoshop Cool (just add @hotmail.com to my username)

The Shop

weasel49
6/26/2012 7:51pm
Here's an idea, get a job. I was raised if I wanted to race I had to work.
6/26/2012 7:54pm
i work on a farm part time but i used all the money to get the bike. i figured this could help me out
strivemx
6/26/2012 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2012 8:05pm
Sorry my fault. Im 16 and I ride an 01 RM125. I have been to the track a couple times and plan on going more soon...
Sorry my fault. Im 16 and I ride an 01 RM125. I have been to the track a couple times and plan on going more soon. I havent raced yet but want to in the near future. But racing costs a lot of money! So i only planned on doing maybe 2 races near the end of the year to get a hang of things then next year race alot. As long as i get in a race this year and the track ill be happy. But i wanted to tell you guys about the business i have just started. It is called Misprint Design Co. I am going to be selling T-shirts, hats, and more. If you guys could check it out at http://misprintdesigns.bigcartel.com/ I'd appriciate it alot. Also if you were to buy a shirt it would help me invest money into my bike and gear so I can race sine my mom doesnt have a job. Thank you!
Just wondering...
Is Misprint your last name or something? Or did you intend it to mean the definition of misprint? (i.e. a mistake in printing, as an instance of printing a letter or word other than that intended.)

Just going off the name and not looking at your product, I would not buy an article of clothing with the name "Misprint Design." It sounds to me like a reject design or product.

I am not here to critic your designs, but do you have actual product pictures? That would help out your sales much more than a photoshopped version of the product.

I am not trying to shoot down your company or anything, just some constructive criticism... Wink
6/26/2012 8:08pm
that is why i used misprint because its different. and my shirts are being made/shipped right now so their will be real images soon.
ocscottie
6/26/2012 8:11pm
I like the name, it is different, and might even get people to look, "oh its a misprint? lets go see what is f'ed up on it" lol
ProMoto
6/26/2012 8:12pm
I think it is a great name and I am older than dirt. Print me up some No Mercy FMX shirts and I will paypal you on the spot. Bonus if you can get them to me before Red Bud.
strivemx
6/26/2012 8:19pm
that is why i used misprint because its different. and my shirts are being made/shipped right now so their will be real images soon.
Ok. Fair enough.

I had a successful "clothing & video production co." here in Hawaii and we sponsored mx, mtb riders and surfers around the country. I put the company on halt while it was thriving because of different goals/ideas.

Just trying to help man...
6/26/2012 8:20pm
ProMoto wrote:
I think it is a great name and I am older than dirt. Print me up some No Mercy FMX shirts and I will paypal you...
I think it is a great name and I am older than dirt. Print me up some No Mercy FMX shirts and I will paypal you on the spot. Bonus if you can get them to me before Red Bud.
thank you! and can you link me to it please
6/26/2012 8:21pm
strivemx wrote:
Ok. Fair enough. I had a successful "clothing & video production co." here in Hawaii and we sponsored mx, mtb riders and surfers around the country...
Ok. Fair enough.

I had a successful "clothing & video production co." here in Hawaii and we sponsored mx, mtb riders and surfers around the country. I put the company on halt while it was thriving because of different goals/ideas.

Just trying to help man...
i completely understand. thanks!
ProMoto
6/26/2012 8:28pm
It has a huge cult following. Short window of opportunity. Maybe less than 10 days. Or 10 hours. Hard to tell.
wildbill
6/27/2012 12:24am
strivemx wrote:
Just wondering... Is Misprint your last name or something? Or did you intend it to mean the definition of misprint? (i.e. a mistake in printing, as...
Just wondering...
Is Misprint your last name or something? Or did you intend it to mean the definition of misprint? (i.e. a mistake in printing, as an instance of printing a letter or word other than that intended.)

Just going off the name and not looking at your product, I would not buy an article of clothing with the name "Misprint Design." It sounds to me like a reject design or product.

I am not here to critic your designs, but do you have actual product pictures? That would help out your sales much more than a photoshopped version of the product.

I am not trying to shoot down your company or anything, just some constructive criticism... Wink
Remember, there are those that will buy what you won't buy. Wink

WFO misprint!
Stephon
6/27/2012 2:22am
Hey Champ, i'm not crazy about the designs, BUT I am really happy to see you, a 16 year-old with an entrepreneurial spirit. You got past saying "Hey, I should sell some shirts". You built a site and are trying to get orders to fill. Most people don't get past "Hey, I should..."

Keep and never lose that spirit of trying to make a way for yourself! Keep quality high and treat your customers like gold; they will make or break you. That spirit can work for you even if you're working for someone else.

Don't quit kid and good luck!
chapmanmx
6/27/2012 6:46am
weasel49 wrote:
Here's an idea., don't be an asshole. At least he is trying...I mean at least look at the website and help the kid out with some constructive criticism. What is the point of your post? Does it add to the topic?

You think your the only one who had to work to be able to ride? I hate to tell you man but almost everyone in this forum had/has to...so don't be so damn bitter, and I'm guessing you'll be a lot happier. But anyway.................

@misprintdesigns: I think it's awesome that you started a website and your trying to get your company name out there! The website looks pretty good, but I agree with Oscottie that you should take some more time with your shirt design. But no one nails it on the first go around so just keep trying different things. Lastly, apparel is a tough business to thrive in. There are so many companies out there, it is hard to stand out. I am not saying it can't be done, but I am saying that if you are just doing it to make a few bucks and it isn't something you are going to work at, it might be best to get a part time job somewhere (As weasel49 said...kinda). But if you are willing to put in the work, then I say go for it man! Good luck and keep us posted.
jndmx
6/27/2012 9:19am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2012 9:21am
im just thinking how i can configure an outdoor realistic photo to look good on a tshirt
OK first of all......that firebird graphic in your company "logo".....looks suspiciously like clip art.
Google image search turned that up on page one.
Did you buy that image?

Where are you going to get the outdoor moto image you want to use?
You realize that you can't just grab any pic you want and start selling it right?

Putting a bunch of letters and some clipart on a shirt isn't "designing" I suggest you learn a lot more before you start trying to sell them.
Take some design courses and understand what it is you are calling yourself.

If you haven't even seen the design on an actual shirt how can you tell your customer what the quality is?
The new websites that will "print anything you want on a shirt" turn out product that doesn't last for shit.

If you are seriously into starting a t-shirt company, more power to ya but you need to learn a lot more before you start selling stuff.
You only get one chance to gain a customer, do it right or they will remember.

If this is just a cash grab save yourself the aggravation and get another part time job, the $4.35 you make on each shirt ain't gonna cut it.
6/27/2012 11:00am
jndmx wrote:
OK first of all......that firebird graphic in your company "logo".....looks suspiciously like clip art. Google image search turned that up on page one. Did you buy...
OK first of all......that firebird graphic in your company "logo".....looks suspiciously like clip art.
Google image search turned that up on page one.
Did you buy that image?

Where are you going to get the outdoor moto image you want to use?
You realize that you can't just grab any pic you want and start selling it right?

Putting a bunch of letters and some clipart on a shirt isn't "designing" I suggest you learn a lot more before you start trying to sell them.
Take some design courses and understand what it is you are calling yourself.

If you haven't even seen the design on an actual shirt how can you tell your customer what the quality is?
The new websites that will "print anything you want on a shirt" turn out product that doesn't last for shit.

If you are seriously into starting a t-shirt company, more power to ya but you need to learn a lot more before you start selling stuff.
You only get one chance to gain a customer, do it right or they will remember.

If this is just a cash grab save yourself the aggravation and get another part time job, the $4.35 you make on each shirt ain't gonna cut it.
I never claimed to be great. As I am just getting started i am not going to be able to make the best stuff. Everyone starts somewhere. "If this is just a cash grab save yourself the aggravation and get another part time job, the $4.35 you make on each shirt ain't gonna cut it." First off i do have a part time job on a farm. But its slow right now. And second, that $4.35 will make a difference to pay towards my dream. I'm not saying everyones going to like it but it's something I wanted to try. And even if i just broke even it was still something i put my mind to do and am happy with the results.
ocscottie
6/27/2012 11:08am
weasel49 wrote:
what he said ^^^^
Try reading the thread...
strivemx
6/27/2012 11:09pm
I never claimed to be great. As I am just getting started i am not going to be able to make the best stuff. Everyone starts...
I never claimed to be great. As I am just getting started i am not going to be able to make the best stuff. Everyone starts somewhere. "If this is just a cash grab save yourself the aggravation and get another part time job, the $4.35 you make on each shirt ain't gonna cut it." First off i do have a part time job on a farm. But its slow right now. And second, that $4.35 will make a difference to pay towards my dream. I'm not saying everyones going to like it but it's something I wanted to try. And even if i just broke even it was still something i put my mind to do and am happy with the results.
Right on man. I had that same drive and mentality when I started my company. Believe me when I say this, please don't over look the advice that many have freely offered. Some of us have gone through what you are trying to accomplish. You can improve your company by heeding such advice and save a lot of headaches. Main thing is, keep doing what your doing, dont let anything or anyone change what your company embodies, use the advice to make improvements here and there and your company will benefit greatly.

Post a reply to: Please help me out

The Latest