Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection

lappedrider
Edited Date/Time 2/13/2020 2:43pm
Went to my Ortho today to have a check up on the knee I wrecked in 2001. The hardware looked good but the joint not so much. After some more exploring he mentioned most likely recommending PRP Injections. Curious if any other older Moto bro’s have tried this on their aging joints?

|
Wade221
2/12/2020 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 4:55pm
Yup. Got it in my shoulder in December. Hurts like holy hell! But the results are incredible 👍🏻

*edit- Mine was to repair torn Labrum and torn rotator cuff. Results may vary
usp4u
2/12/2020 5:03pm
This is relevant to my interests
brocster
2/12/2020 5:07pm
Went to my Ortho today to have a check up on the knee I wrecked in 2001. The hardware looked good but the joint not so...
Went to my Ortho today to have a check up on the knee I wrecked in 2001. The hardware looked good but the joint not so much. After some more exploring he mentioned most likely recommending PRP Injections. Curious if any other older Moto bro’s have tried this on their aging joints?

Do a search on here for PRP. I did quite a bit of typing on the subject.

In a nut shell it was worth every penny for my injury

My mom had degenerated meniscus in her knee and PRP did nothing for her

The Shop

captmoto
2/12/2020 5:58pm
I don't see it growing back your meniscus. Your fixed knee looks like my right knee did. You look like you are knock knee'd there too. You are in for a knee replacement.
Moto88
2/12/2020 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 7:54pm
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve read if your knee is bone on bone and/or a lot of arthritis in the knee injections do not help. But I’ve read for other injuries it has helped some people, others not, results vary.
VetMX.com
2/12/2020 10:40pm
You have to go to Panama for the real deal. If you expect 40 year old T _ cells to do much , good luck/ Watch Joe Rogan/ Mel Gibson podcast.
Drfletcher
2/13/2020 5:19am
I've been doing a lot of study on this subject. I have two bad knees and the orthos are wanting to do a partial knee replacement on the left and a full knee replacement on the right knee. In my opinion, knee replacement should be the last thing that is done. So my research has led me to this company https://www.bioxcellerator.com/

They are based out of Phoenix and if you follow them on Instagram or Facebook, you can see the different type of professionals they have come through the clinic.

They use mesenchymal stem cells that are donated from umbilical cords in very high numbers. They use a PRP type gel to inject in the joint to keep the stem cells there once they are injected. They use a hyperbaric chamber to increase the reproduction rate of the stem cells in the body by 800%.

Here are some YouTube documentaries : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_yiTadTsEbZzhpQOPHRj1g/videos

The cost for both my knees is $16,000 which is why I haven't done it yet. I do plan on doing it as soon as the business picks up.
kb228
2/13/2020 5:54am
Idk how you live with that hardware in there. I just had about the same amount of hardware removed from my TPF and my knee is back to normal.

Idk about the injections. Im only 1.5 years into my tpf. No arthritis issues yet.
VetMX.com
2/13/2020 7:03am
Drfletcher wrote:
I've been doing a lot of study on this subject. I have two bad knees and the orthos are wanting to do a partial knee replacement...
I've been doing a lot of study on this subject. I have two bad knees and the orthos are wanting to do a partial knee replacement on the left and a full knee replacement on the right knee. In my opinion, knee replacement should be the last thing that is done. So my research has led me to this company https://www.bioxcellerator.com/

They are based out of Phoenix and if you follow them on Instagram or Facebook, you can see the different type of professionals they have come through the clinic.

They use mesenchymal stem cells that are donated from umbilical cords in very high numbers. They use a PRP type gel to inject in the joint to keep the stem cells there once they are injected. They use a hyperbaric chamber to increase the reproduction rate of the stem cells in the body by 800%.

Here are some YouTube documentaries : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_yiTadTsEbZzhpQOPHRj1g/videos

The cost for both my knees is $16,000 which is why I haven't done it yet. I do plan on doing it as soon as the business picks up.
It costs $3500 a knee in Panama and they use infant T-Cells. My Lawyer moved there and 2 Doctors in his building had it done and prevented surgery. Search on YouTube for Joe Rogan podcast w/ Mel Gibson to learn. Mel's father had it done and the story is amazing. Even fixed his failing heart at 92 years old!
mxracer666
2/13/2020 7:41am
PRP alone can help for more minor issues, but it can't re-grow cartilage. PRP combined with embryonic stem cells has worked wonders for me. It's def not an overnight cure. It took 4-6 months, but made amazing imporvement in my damaged worn out wrist. Had it done on my knee (2 previous knee surgeries) and was an amazing improvement as well, but in the end it did not last. In about a year it was back to where it was. The cost for me in San Diego was $3000 per part treated. (wrist, Knee...)
Hammer 663s
2/13/2020 8:29am
My doc said it'd be a waste of $$$ for my meniscus damage. There's more applicable tech coming in that area for replacement of the meniscus with artificial materials but some of the European and Canadian stuff isn't FDA approved yet. Plus knee replacements have come a long, long way. I did a lot of reading too on PRP, stem cell, and other injection "treatments" and there's a lot of snake oil salesmen out there, and few long-term studies of any depth. Buyer beware......

Hammer 663s
mxracer666
2/13/2020 8:41am
Surgeons do surgery. They don't like to recommend alternatives - cuts into their business! #truth
Drfletcher
2/13/2020 1:21pm
mxracer666 wrote:
Surgeons do surgery. They don't like to recommend alternatives - cuts into their business! #truth
That is correct. I'm guessing the average knee replacement surgery is around $50k. Lots of money in it.
Drfletcher
2/13/2020 1:27pm
Drfletcher wrote:
I've been doing a lot of study on this subject. I have two bad knees and the orthos are wanting to do a partial knee replacement...

VetMX.com wrote:
It costs $3500 a knee in Panama and they use infant T-Cells. My Lawyer moved there and 2 Doctors in his building had it done and...
It costs $3500 a knee in Panama and they use infant T-Cells. My Lawyer moved there and 2 Doctors in his building had it done and prevented surgery. Search on YouTube for Joe Rogan podcast w/ Mel Gibson to learn. Mel's father had it done and the story is amazing. Even fixed his failing heart at 92 years old!
I did a quick search for the Panama stem cells. Their treatment for adults starts at $23k.

https://www.cellmedicine.com/
2/13/2020 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2020 2:43pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I went the replacement route. So far so good. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/13/404031/s1200_8B9D2379_4487_4D4D_AE2E_2C31352A0E01.jpg[/img]
I went the replacement route. So far so good.

Impressive
2/13/2020 4:18pm
I've had it done, it was without question the single most painful experience of my life.

It was an absolute waste of time, money, and pain for me. Did nothing to my patellar tendon issues..
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/13/2020 4:29pm
In all seriousness, theres days I’d like to chop my leg off at the knee. This shits uncomfortable 98% of the time. Coming up on 11 years in March.

Markee
Fantasy
1890th
2/13/2020 4:43pm
Sick Damn dude, feel for ya Dirtydeeds..

Post a reply to: Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection

The Latest