Planning march 2018 trip NC/VA Track advice needed

Benji Molina
Hello,

Where I live in Vermont, we are still 4 months out from riding. I am trying to plan a trip down to the NC and VA area to ride some nice clay mx tracks. Ive seen some older posts but when I try and figure out when they are open I dont get good information about their practice days, we are leaving on a sunday and getting back on a sunday so we are primarily looking for mon-friday practice days

current list of track prospects
NCMP
CLUBMX
East Bend
Wide Open Mx (no hours)
Hog Heaven (No info)
Mx421 (No info)

could some of you provide some insight on some of the best tracks to go to, and when they are open? thank you!
_Ben
|
MXD
2/13/2018 10:54am
Most from this area go to Weinert's place in NC. I have a buddy heading down next week.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
2/13/2018 11:19am
Hog is no longer open! JWTF is open 7 days a week. If you like a particular style of track I can suggest a few others as well, as we have plenty of tracks to choose from...
Benji Molina
2/13/2018 1:29pm
Thank you guys! I didnt know jwtf was available to practice for a day

sgrimmxdad,
We are looking for some fast, flowey tracks not super particular but definetly comfortable with bigger jumps. looking for some tacky red clay to ride on but at this point it doesent seem like too many tracks are open druing the week so im not being too picky.
thank you
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
2/13/2018 1:43pm
NCMP will be your best bet for the red clay out of the tracks you listed. Most clay tracks are gonna be west of 95, the farther west the more clay. NCMP, if groomed, sounds like what your looking for.

JWTF is great for big jumps, they have what they call the national track and it is very jumpy... They have also added a am sx track. A big race track and a turns track as well... No clay though, its sandy loam.... They are open to the public 7 days a week weather permitting...

I can tell you a few other cool smaller tracks if you are interested! If you got a day with no where to ride hit me up. I have a nice mx track and a small clay based ax track!

The Shop

Justin345
2/13/2018 3:38pm
South fork in VA is another great track open on the weekends. It’s about 30-40min south of Richmond off of 95 south.
planter
2/13/2018 4:35pm

NCMP is good on weekend, but they don't typically groom during the week. The nice things is they have several track for anywhere from beginners to advanced though. Their woods sections are also a lot of fun to mix it up.

Southfork is good on weekends.

County Line just opened back up but is not a clay track.

Birch Creek VA is really good also on weekend and is more clay like. Its further west but not too bad of a drive.

Can we (at Vital) just start a movement to get Hog Heaven opened back up!! Loved that place and you could ride their when other tracks were typically frozen solid.

Post a reply to: Planning march 2018 trip NC/VA Track advice needed

The Latest