Places to ride Southern MN/Nothern IA?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2021 6:35 AM

Man.. this rain has been great for our area but not so much for riding. Just looking for a place for a PW 50 to rip around and get in some practice or trail ride. We do have three other bikes that are all CRF450RL's but thats not as important to me at the moment.

So far, Gypsum City OHV in Fort Dodge is closed (fingers crossed for tomorrow) and Meadow Valley does not look promising.

Do you guys know of anywhere else? Sioux Falls/Sioux City out to Mason City. Or Rochester and Mankato areas?

Thanks in advance!

|

I'm not a squid.. just a really fast jellyfish.

5/22/2021 7:51 AM

Millville. Not far from there is wheeler wi. Deep sand tracks 10 bucks to ride. In Iowa on 218 waverly, Waterloo area there is a permanent cool AX track with grandstands. New Richmond Wi. in door ax, I think there closed now until winter.

|

5/22/2021 8:23 AM

profeshenal125 wrote:

Millville. Not far from there is wheeler wi. Deep sand tracks 10 bucks to ride. In Iowa on 218 waverly, Waterloo area there is ...more

More so referring to this weekend. Thank you.

|

5/22/2021 9:45 AM

Sherburn mn? Not sure. Check his Facebook page for contact info. Just a track no trail. Doug is his name

|

5/22/2021 10:45 AM

No trail riding around sioux city
We have a track close by,,Fiddler creek mx,,but they are having a race this weekend

|

5/22/2021 10:58 AM

SKIDLID wrote:

Sherburn mn? Not sure. Check his Facebook page for contact info. Just a track no trail. Doug is his name

Yeah! Just spoke with him. Thank You for the lead.

|

5/22/2021 1:49 PM

SKIDLID wrote:

JG463 wrote:

Hope all goes well

|

5/22/2021 6:19 PM

Sandy corners mx=awesome. Wheeler is now $40 to ride there lol!!

|

5/22/2021 6:53 PM

grunkster wrote:

Sandy corners mx=awesome. Wheeler is now $40 to ride there lol!!

40 bucks lol, new owners or what. I see they had a race, 1st one in a long time.

|

5/22/2021 7:10 PM

$40? lol.

Zero chance I’m paying that much to ride that track. I’m pretty sure it’s the same owner.

|

5/22/2021 7:31 PM

shue415 wrote:

No trail riding around sioux city
We have a track close by,,Fiddler creek mx,,but they are having a race this weekend

Fiddler Creek is definitely worth a visit.

|

No brains, No headaches.

5/23/2021 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2021 4:50 PM

Sandy corners mx. It’s just a track but is by far some of the best riding you’ll ever do if it’s recently rained. Located just outside of Nashua

|

5/24/2021 10:45 AM

SKIDLID wrote:

JG463 wrote:

How did it go?

|

5/24/2021 11:28 AM

SKIDLID wrote:

JG463 wrote:

SKIDLID wrote:

How did it go?

You know, not bad. I signed up for the membership since it is a place to ride close by. I wish the track design/flow was different but overall a good experience.

|

5/24/2021 12:04 PM

JG463 wrote:

SKIDLID wrote:

How did it go?

JG463 wrote:

You know, not bad. I signed up for the membership since it is a place to ride close by. I wish the track design/flow was ...more

Yes I do not care for some of the track. Dark black dirt with no trees makes for hard dry track. At least you found somewhere to ride.

|

5/24/2021 12:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2021 1:00 PM

This rain has been brutal.

Sandy Corners also has a nice kids track that would be perfect for your PW. Although the kids track is more hardpack then the main track (meaning, it's not as rain proof).

PS - there is a small track called Fan Ridge (you can find em on Fcool that is another good kids track (it's hardpack so not rain proof)

|

5/24/2021 7:40 PM

Meadow Valley of course

|