Places to ride North Charleston SC

racerx217
Will be down there in a few weeks for a week. Looking to see any good options for places to ride during the week days. Only places i have come up with within about a hour drive is GTR and Battery Park. Anywhere else I should be aware of?
|
mtl
12/9/2020 2:31pm
Hey neighbor!

I'm out on Harbor Island (by Beaufort) until mid-January and have been doing the same calculus. Looking for tracks to ride as well.

Drove about 3.5hrs last weekend out to Stu Baylor's compound. Its called Shoals MX and the layout is sick. I believe they are open daily. MX track, full SX, AX track, turn track and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. Very friendly people and they do a great job with the tracks. Makes of sand and slightly harder dirt but tons of traction everywhere.

If there is anyone you find closer with a private track - I'm will to pay and/or work to ride.

Mike
racerx217
12/9/2020 2:44pm
mtl wrote:
Hey neighbor! I'm out on Harbor Island (by Beaufort) until mid-January and have been doing the same calculus. Looking for tracks to ride as well. Drove...
Hey neighbor!

I'm out on Harbor Island (by Beaufort) until mid-January and have been doing the same calculus. Looking for tracks to ride as well.

Drove about 3.5hrs last weekend out to Stu Baylor's compound. Its called Shoals MX and the layout is sick. I believe they are open daily. MX track, full SX, AX track, turn track and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. Very friendly people and they do a great job with the tracks. Makes of sand and slightly harder dirt but tons of traction everywhere.

If there is anyone you find closer with a private track - I'm will to pay and/or work to ride.

Mike
Whats the address on the Shoals place? We are also planning on doing Club one weekend day. Just a long haul 2.5 hours one way from Summerville where we are staying. Looking for closer options also.
AngryBear
12/9/2020 4:00pm
racerx217 wrote:
Whats the address on the Shoals place? We are also planning on doing Club one weekend day. Just a long haul 2.5 hours one way from...
Whats the address on the Shoals place? We are also planning on doing Club one weekend day. Just a long haul 2.5 hours one way from Summerville where we are staying. Looking for closer options also.
7620 US-178, Donalds, SC 29638

The Shop

Pink
12/9/2020 4:53pm
mtl wrote:
Hey neighbor! I'm out on Harbor Island (by Beaufort) until mid-January and have been doing the same calculus. Looking for tracks to ride as well. Drove...
Hey neighbor!

Mike
You drove right past nxt level 101. Equality as awesome, operates by Jessica Patterson.
mtl
12/9/2020 5:01pm
mtl wrote:
Hey neighbor!

Mike
racerx217 wrote:
Whats the address on the Shoals place? We are also planning on doing Club one weekend day. Just a long haul 2.5 hours one way from...
Unfortunately the paradox with this area is that there are very few tracks within 3 hours, but in the 3-4 hour range there are 15-20.

It's like you can draw a radius from the area and see the band where the tracks start.

mtl
12/9/2020 5:02pm
Pink wrote:
You drove right past nxt level 101. Equality as awesome, operates by Jessica Patterson.
Do tell! Where are these two tracks? I didn't come across them in my searching.
mark_swart
12/9/2020 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2020 5:54pm
Look up Pineville MX and Paradise MX, those are both within range of Charleston and have active Facebook pages. Both are sandy, so get ready for that too!! The Shoals is a long way from Charleston. If you can swing a trip to Club it's worth going just to say you went there, the place is pretty freaking amazing. If you message either of those tracks you could probably work out a weekday ride.
loganhallrv2
12/9/2020 5:59pm
Me and a buddy are heading down this weekend to ride from Kentucky! We are gonna hit gtr on Saturday and shoals on Sunday! Last time I was at gtr I really enjoyed the track and same with next level 101
bh
12/9/2020 6:52pm
There are at least 7 tracks at the shoals. Place is amazing. There is a race at battery park this weekend that I will be checking out. It’s a jday type race if that is your jam. And I’ve never been but paradise mx looks amazing I really want to go and I think that is relatively close to you.

Now if you are a real hard ass and want to ride a mans track there is a place called Manchester ohv park near Sumter and it is hands down the gnarliest place I’ve ever ridden. Sand whoops every where make it pretty fun/technical. And we all know wet sand is a good time to begin with.

As far as as the nxt level tracks go. If you like fast tracks nxt level 101 is pretty fun. I’m not so sure I would drive 3-4 hours for it but it’s decent. The normal nxt level track in easly sc is amazing. Dirt was perfect last time I went. Some of the best dirt I have ever ridden and the layout is fun.

If I where to recommend one place though it would be the shoals. They are pretty much open every day if the week, the dirt is really good, so many tracks to choose from, located off a main road so it isn’t a pita to get to, etc. and I believe they are open this weekend.
Toby259
12/10/2020 6:28am
I lived near Summerville for 10+ years, like others have said Battery Park has 3 different tracks and the owner is good at maintaining them. GTR is the other option for "local" tracks. Check them both out on social media and watch some YouTube videos to get an idea of the tracks. Lots of sand. Make sure to lock up your bike and keep an eye on it, there are a lot of bikes stolen in SC.
mtl
12/10/2020 1:31pm
I'll be checking out Paradise this weekend. Most likely Sunday.

Appreciate the input from the folks on here.
tk2stroke
12/11/2020 10:45pm
Pineville MX is the closest track, about 35 mins from North Chuck. Keith does a good job on Facebook updating when the track is open.
mtl
12/18/2020 6:23pm
Rode the Paradise MX track last weekend and it was some amazing dirt. They do a great job with the prep as well. Rip the corners deep and the straights a little less.

Contemplating Battery Park tomorrow - Does anyone have any feedback on how it might compare to Paradise, Shoals and Club MX?
tk2stroke
12/18/2020 10:20pm
mtl wrote:
Rode the Paradise MX track last weekend and it was some amazing dirt. They do a great job with the prep as well. Rip the corners...
Rode the Paradise MX track last weekend and it was some amazing dirt. They do a great job with the prep as well. Rip the corners deep and the straights a little less.

Contemplating Battery Park tomorrow - Does anyone have any feedback on how it might compare to Paradise, Shoals and Club MX?
Battery Park is several steps down compared to Paradise, no comparison. Paradise the the best the area has to offer with Battery Park on the other side of the spectrum, but I will say it been 4+ years since my last visit to BP.
mtl
12/25/2020 9:33am
Ended up at GTR, which had a fresh layout on their sand track. Great dirt and fun layout on that track. Also did a moto on the 'clay' track that was more like red dirt to me. Short laptime with a fun layout as well.
racerx217
12/25/2020 2:42pm
mtl wrote:
Ended up at GTR, which had a fresh layout on their sand track. Great dirt and fun layout on that track. Also did a moto on...
Ended up at GTR, which had a fresh layout on their sand track. Great dirt and fun layout on that track. Also did a moto on the 'clay' track that was more like red dirt to me. Short laptime with a fun layout as well.
We are planning on the way down hitting up GTR for that Sat and Sun and camping. Then going south, Maybe do Battery park Wednesday if they are open. Then on the way back north doing Club Mx the following weekend.

Post a reply to: Places to ride North Charleston SC

The Latest